Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Legacy of Two Kingdoms [Coli-locke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Oooooooo I got chills reading that!!!! Wow!
Oooooooo I got chills reading that!!!! Wow!
lighttop.png
Oooh that was very nice!
Oooh that was very nice!
redoing this soon
@SymphonyofIce

I'd like to be added to the pinglist. I'm thinking of using this as inspiration for a challenge of my own, and I'm very curious how this is going to go. I do love the responses to letters so far, and the hatchlings themselves.
@SymphonyofIce

I'd like to be added to the pinglist. I'm thinking of using this as inspiration for a challenge of my own, and I'm very curious how this is going to go. I do love the responses to letters so far, and the hatchlings themselves.
@SymphonyofIce

Add me to the pinglist too, please. I got so inspired that I've spent the last days cobbling together my own houses and dragons for this and I'm nowhere near done with them yet.
@SymphonyofIce

Add me to the pinglist too, please. I got so inspired that I've spent the last days cobbling together my own houses and dragons for this and I'm nowhere near done with them yet.
As the sea, as the stars, so am I
@CoraRosi @Lanturn I'm glad to hear! If you guys make a challenge of your own whether inspired or copied, mind giving me a ping?

I've added you both to the list too :)
@CoraRosi @Lanturn I'm glad to hear! If you guys make a challenge of your own whether inspired or copied, mind giving me a ping?

I've added you both to the list too :)
@SymphonyOfIce

Ooohhhhh please add me to your pinglist!

Would definitely be interested in sending letters as well if that's allowed.
@SymphonyOfIce

Ooohhhhh please add me to your pinglist!

Would definitely be interested in sending letters as well if that's allowed.
They/them/theirs pronouns please. Also if you'd prefer to call me by name instead of by my username, my favorite name is Scarlet.
75UHyX6.png
I hoard Crimson Emperors. Will pay 6-8kt per Emperor.
@SymphonyOfIce Pinglist, please?
@SymphonyOfIce Pinglist, please?
celine%20sig.gif
@Darzoner @Ladylilitu

Added both of you!

And Darzona, you are always welcome to send letters ^^ I love them!
@Darzoner @Ladylilitu

Added both of you!

And Darzona, you are always welcome to send letters ^^ I love them!
@SymphonyOfIce This is amazing! I'd definitely love to be added to the pinglist.
@SymphonyOfIce This is amazing! I'd definitely love to be added to the pinglist.
tumblr_o1osngog3T1ujz7f3o5_r1_250.giftumblr_o2wk5p9rRS1ujz7f3o1_250.gif

jgIXeoW.png
[center][size=7]Gwenith of Sanctimora Fortifies Her Claim[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21910542] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/219106/21910542.png[/img] [/url] [i]The purple Skydancer arrived at the holdings of Sanctimora, snow dusting her wings and wind whipping her antennae around furiously. She was to deliver her letter and the contents of a container strapped to her chest as a hopeful sign of diplomatic relations to come. She was quick to hand the letter and container off to a passing servant before making a quick goodbye and taking off for the warmer waters of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The letter, written in a hand almost too perfectly structured to be organic, reads as such.[/i] [left][quote] [b]Madame Gwenith, It has come to our clan's attention that you are a possible heir to Sanctimora . We have seen the ways in which you and your siblings navigate the intricacies of court, and in doing so have found that it would be advantageous for us to promote your rise to power. So we send these gifts. We pray that you may never need some of these, but should worst come to worst know Clan Wavebreak has your back. We send our regards and best wishes to you. May fate fare you well. [center] [/quote][i]Written below in a shakier hand is a note, ink still wet, hastily added on as an afterthought.[/i] [left] [quote] [b]Be careful. You know that courts will use you in whatever way they can. I will warn you that the ways any court will use you and your power will be far more creative than you would have ever thought up. I would encourage you to learn from my mistakes. I would not see the same fate befall you.[/b] [/quote] [center] The Noble Kingdom of Sanctimora only has themselves to blame for their fall from grace in Gwenith's eyes. It is a place where to slaughter siblings in an honor and to seize power through murder is the mark of a great leader. In a home of betrayal unending, justice without bloodshed is a rare sight. For a time, Gwenith simply watched her family's treachery unfold like a spectator in a theater. She was bound and gagged to her seat as this particular performance played on repeat. Her life was the same script repeated over and over and [i]over[/i]. The characters changed faces sometimes. But their deaths were all the same. This letter broke the chains of monotony. In the dredges of night this letter came as the breaking of the dawn. [i]An alliance[/i] Gwenith thought, rolling the possibilities around in her head. If she had the power, she could direct the ending. Just enough to return some semblance of control back to herself. If she could just control the characters... If Clan Wavebreak supported her, then she was going to fight for her right as heir. To change the future of her Kingdom. To bring law to this savage land. This was her resolve. She had what she needed to start. Gold to set her plans in motion. Armor for the undeniable bloodshed ahead. She was going to fight. She was going to be the face of change. [item=bursting sack of shinies] (3,000 to Sanctimora's Vault) [Item=burnished filigree gauntlets][item=burnished filigree breastplate] Added to wardrobe! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37489414] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/374895/37489414.png[/img] [/url] [left][size=2][b]I'm sorry if this letter is boring! I had a difficult time figuring out Gwenith's character. So she got a little bit of a character development. AND A PLAN. Gwenith is ready to kick some dragon but for LAW n' ORDER. Little does she know the long fall is just beginning. When will she realize she's acting according to her clan's idealization? When will the hypocrisy end? Thank you @Darzona for the letter and the gifts! [/b][/size] [size=1]Pinglist @Smeen @MissingMercury @IceOtter @Dovalore @Sunlace @GilatheHybrid @CoraRosi @Lanturn @Darzona @LadyLilitu @Ukira
Gwenith of Sanctimora Fortifies Her Claim

21910542.png

The purple Skydancer arrived at the holdings of Sanctimora, snow dusting her wings and wind whipping her antennae around furiously. She was to deliver her letter and the contents of a container strapped to her chest as a hopeful sign of diplomatic relations to come.

She was quick to hand the letter and container off to a passing servant before making a quick goodbye and taking off for the warmer waters of the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

The letter, written in a hand almost too perfectly structured to be organic, reads as such.

Quote:
Madame Gwenith,

It has come to our clan's attention that you are a possible heir to Sanctimora . We have seen the ways in which you and your siblings navigate the intricacies of court, and in doing so have found that it would be advantageous for us to promote your rise to power.

So we send these gifts. We pray that you may never need some of these, but should worst come to worst know Clan Wavebreak has your back.

We send our regards and best wishes to you.

May fate fare you well.

Written below in a shakier hand is a note, ink still wet, hastily added on as an afterthought.
Quote:
Be careful. You know that courts will use you in whatever way they can. I will warn you that the ways any court will use you and your power will be far more creative than you would have ever thought up. I would encourage you to learn from my mistakes. I would not see the same fate befall you.

The Noble Kingdom of Sanctimora only has themselves to blame for their fall from grace in Gwenith's eyes. It is a place where to slaughter siblings in an honor and to seize power through murder is the mark of a great leader. In a home of betrayal unending, justice without bloodshed is a rare sight.

For a time, Gwenith simply watched her family's treachery unfold like a spectator in a theater. She was bound and gagged to her seat as this particular performance played on repeat. Her life was the same script repeated over and over and over. The characters changed faces sometimes. But their deaths were all the same.

This letter broke the chains of monotony. In the dredges of night this letter came as the breaking of the dawn. An alliance Gwenith thought, rolling the possibilities around in her head.

If she had the power, she could direct the ending. Just enough to return some semblance of control back to herself. If she could just control the characters...

If Clan Wavebreak supported her, then she was going to fight for her right as heir. To change the future of her Kingdom. To bring law to this savage land. This was her resolve.

She had what she needed to start. Gold to set her plans in motion. Armor for the undeniable bloodshed ahead.

She was going to fight.

She was going to be the face of change.

Bursting Sack of Shinies
(3,000 to Sanctimora's Vault)
Burnished Filigree Gauntlets Burnished Filigree Breastplate
Added to wardrobe!

37489414.png

I'm sorry if this letter is boring! I had a difficult time figuring out Gwenith's character. So she got a little bit of a character development. AND A PLAN. Gwenith is ready to kick some dragon but for LAW n' ORDER. Little does she know the long fall is just beginning. When will she realize she's acting according to her clan's idealization? When will the hypocrisy end? Thank you @Darzona for the letter and the gifts!

Pinglist
@Smeen @MissingMercury @IceOtter @Dovalore @Sunlace @GilatheHybrid @CoraRosi @Lanturn @Darzona @LadyLilitu @Ukira
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10