Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Legacy of Two Kingdoms [Coli-locke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
An Anonymous Letter to Bedoch

My dear Bedoch,

I've been watching you, as you've been watching others. Don't be scared, I mean no harm. But you are interesting, you have potential. However, you seem to be running into trouble real fast, my young child. Your ears hear more than they are allowed to hear. It would be a shame if that potential would go to waste, wouldn't you think? So I'm sending you a trained warrior, that will help you when the moment asks for it. Care for your new creature, it can never hurt to befriend something or someone powerful. I wish you all the luck in the trials your family has planned for you.

Kind regards,

Your benefactor

Bedoch looked skywards with mounting fear. The creature circled him like a vulture gauging its next meal. Predatory eyes locked intently with the tiny frightened eyes below.

Perhaps to one of the warriors this would be a fight to remember. But to a hatchling with talons as sharp as pencils, this was death.

Bedoch tried to hide behind his father who all but shoved him forward. "It's for you." Lord Winter said impatiently. He handed his son the letter that had arrived earlier that chilly morning. The messenger would not reveal the sender. Neither did the letter's contents when Lord Winter shamelessly ripped it open and read the message meant for his son.

Bedoch nearly dropped the parchment as he read it. So this creature wasn't meant to kill me? He was in disbelief as he looked at the deadly creature a second time. Its eyes were still focused on him.

He was suspicious. He had heard stories of familiars offered up as gifts but meant for murder. A Raptorik would do the job. One slash and Bedoch would be gone. His more promising siblings would inherit the family name. How convenient for his father. He looked to Lord Winter to watch his reaction. He was sizing up the creature. Perhaps gauging if it was friend or foe. He too was wary of the beast.

A little tension in Bedoch's wings eased away. So this was not one of his father's schemes to kill off his least favorite hatchling. He still had a hard time believing such a deadly creature could be gifted without malicious intent. Even if the letter said it was for his benefit, he never gave his trust easily.

It would be one more thing in his life that needed watching. One more thing that might send him to an early grave.

Thank you @Smeen for the letter! And for the Raptorik! Bedoch might be a little wary of things given with good intent but I'm sure he'll be singing a different tune when his little pet swoops in to save the day!

Pinglist
@Smeen
An Anonymous Letter to Bedoch

My dear Bedoch,

I've been watching you, as you've been watching others. Don't be scared, I mean no harm. But you are interesting, you have potential. However, you seem to be running into trouble real fast, my young child. Your ears hear more than they are allowed to hear. It would be a shame if that potential would go to waste, wouldn't you think? So I'm sending you a trained warrior, that will help you when the moment asks for it. Care for your new creature, it can never hurt to befriend something or someone powerful. I wish you all the luck in the trials your family has planned for you.

Kind regards,

Your benefactor

Bedoch looked skywards with mounting fear. The creature circled him like a vulture gauging its next meal. Predatory eyes locked intently with the tiny frightened eyes below.

Perhaps to one of the warriors this would be a fight to remember. But to a hatchling with talons as sharp as pencils, this was death.

Bedoch tried to hide behind his father who all but shoved him forward. "It's for you." Lord Winter said impatiently. He handed his son the letter that had arrived earlier that chilly morning. The messenger would not reveal the sender. Neither did the letter's contents when Lord Winter shamelessly ripped it open and read the message meant for his son.

Bedoch nearly dropped the parchment as he read it. So this creature wasn't meant to kill me? He was in disbelief as he looked at the deadly creature a second time. Its eyes were still focused on him.

He was suspicious. He had heard stories of familiars offered up as gifts but meant for murder. A Raptorik would do the job. One slash and Bedoch would be gone. His more promising siblings would inherit the family name. How convenient for his father. He looked to Lord Winter to watch his reaction. He was sizing up the creature. Perhaps gauging if it was friend or foe. He too was wary of the beast.

A little tension in Bedoch's wings eased away. So this was not one of his father's schemes to kill off his least favorite hatchling. He still had a hard time believing such a deadly creature could be gifted without malicious intent. Even if the letter said it was for his benefit, he never gave his trust easily.

It would be one more thing in his life that needed watching. One more thing that might send him to an early grave.

Thank you @Smeen for the letter! And for the Raptorik! Bedoch might be a little wary of things given with good intent but I'm sure he'll be singing a different tune when his little pet swoops in to save the day!

Pinglist
@Smeen
Could you ping me for updates please :O? Also I was wondering if I could start a Legacy Of Nobility Challenge myself (sometime soon)?
Could you ping me for updates please :O? Also I was wondering if I could start a Legacy Of Nobility Challenge myself (sometime soon)?
yI912j3.pngZe1FV3k.pngfB9LVL3.pngyK2yfiw.pngtp1eAiM.pngqKZAaLK.pnguIyVrkK.pngyamzawx.pngaXbaYIT.pngWuWWMB3.png6Iro1hV.pngyI912j3.pngxGeOXI9.pnglG9UFR1.png
@SymphonyOfIce

Wow this is amazing I'd definitely love to be on the pinglist! I'm curious though how are you picking the dragons for the other houses because if you're taking donations for them I have a few dragons/hatchlings laying around that I don't need. However I can't understand if you're not. I'll totally be making other donations regardless *looks at Rye* . Good luck with this challenge!
@SymphonyOfIce

Wow this is amazing I'd definitely love to be on the pinglist! I'm curious though how are you picking the dragons for the other houses because if you're taking donations for them I have a few dragons/hatchlings laying around that I don't need. However I can't understand if you're not. I'll totally be making other donations regardless *looks at Rye* . Good luck with this challenge!
@MissingMercury
Added you to the list! And sure I would love to see what you can do with the challenge! I'm still editing the challenge and smoothing out any wrinkles so feel free to toss some ideas up! Ping me if you decide to do the challenge!!!

@IceOtter
Added you to the list! Honestly I'm adding any that look pretty/have genes I prefer and are RTB or close to it. Money is also a factor. If you have some laying around that you'll sell for cheapish I might be interested in buying. Send me a PM?

And yay I'm not sure if that look at Rye is a good or bad thing yet xD She's a little devil.
@MissingMercury
Added you to the list! And sure I would love to see what you can do with the challenge! I'm still editing the challenge and smoothing out any wrinkles so feel free to toss some ideas up! Ping me if you decide to do the challenge!!!

@IceOtter
Added you to the list! Honestly I'm adding any that look pretty/have genes I prefer and are RTB or close to it. Money is also a factor. If you have some laying around that you'll sell for cheapish I might be interested in buying. Send me a PM?

And yay I'm not sure if that look at Rye is a good or bad thing yet xD She's a little devil.
[center][size=7] The Royal Bloodline has welcomed three hatchlings into the fold![/size] Now a little introduction to the "A" Nest [size=5]Adare[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37489453] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/374895/37489453.png[/img] [/url] [Quote][i]"The ash wipes off my marble skin, and I am as cold as the bloody linoleum."[/i][/quote] When Adare was hatched...something was not quite right. At first, they thought he was sickly. He wasn't just quiet he was [i]silent[/i]. When his sisters cooed and gibbered Adare was by himself watching. He never smiled. He never cried. The Royal Family keeps many secrets. The blood stain on his bedroom floor is one secret they'll never tell. [size=5]Aluna[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37489454] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/374895/37489454.png[/img] [/url] [quote][i]"The tragedy of life is not death but what we let die inside us while we live."[/i][/quote] Aluna was the wild hatchling growing up; always getting into trouble and dashing around causing mischief. However as she got older she realized that those fun times wouldn't last. Being heir to the Royal Throne dampened her joy like water poured over an ember. She began to understand that what you want needs sacrifice. What lengths would you go to keep your family safe? For Aluna, she only has to go as far as the opposite side of the dinner table where her brother sits. [size=5]Anemoi[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37489455] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/374895/37489455.png[/img] [/url] [quote][i]"The Pessimist complains about the wind The Optimist expects it to change The Realist adjusts the sails"[/i][/quote] Anemoi is the realist of her siblings. When things get tough there's no use complaining and moaning. Anemoi is the first into action to fix the issue. When she's born into a nest with a dangerous brother and a hesitant sister, Anemoi takes the problem into her own hands. Will she resort to murder? Or will she use the situation to her advantage? She's intent on getting what she wants. And what she wants is the empire in her paws and a crown on her head. Who she kills doesn't matter. [quote] [size=7]Plus a little update[/size] I've decided to have 3 Noble Families instead of 5. Lair space will eventually become an issue and I would like enough space for each family to grow and expand! I will be editing lore for each family to accommodate the change. I've edited the Acuity Fragment section in the rules to initiate duels. I've also made changes to Might Fragments to initiate major events called Territory Conquests. The Noble Family of Noxus now has a Lord and Lady! Welcome [b]Hypersthene[/b] the heir of the Noxus family. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37154701] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/371548/37154701.png[/img] [/url] And her mate [b]Shadowscale[/b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36935152] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/369352/36935152.png[/img] [/url] They are currently sitting on a nest of 3 eggs! I am still hunting down the last pair to represent House Delvor! I'll not sure if you guys want to know when I find them, or if you just want me to introduce their hatchlings and start from there! If you want to know more about the current heads/heirs and their characters I can make a special post just to introduce my starters! Just let me know your preference![/quote] [left] [size=1]Pinglist @Smeen @MissingMercury @IceOtter
The Royal Bloodline has welcomed three hatchlings into the fold!
Now a little introduction to the "A" Nest

Adare

37489453.png
Quote:
"The ash wipes off my marble skin, and I am as cold as the bloody linoleum."
When Adare was hatched...something was not quite right. At first, they thought he was sickly. He wasn't just quiet he was silent. When his sisters cooed and gibbered Adare was by himself watching. He never smiled. He never cried. The Royal Family keeps many secrets. The blood stain on his bedroom floor is one secret they'll never tell.

Aluna

37489454.png
Quote:
"The tragedy of life is not death but what we let die inside us while we live."
Aluna was the wild hatchling growing up; always getting into trouble and dashing around causing mischief. However as she got older she realized that those fun times wouldn't last. Being heir to the Royal Throne dampened her joy like water poured over an ember. She began to understand that what you want needs sacrifice. What lengths would you go to keep your family safe? For Aluna, she only has to go as far as the opposite side of the dinner table where her brother sits.

Anemoi

37489455.png
Quote:
"The Pessimist complains about the wind
The Optimist expects it to change
The Realist adjusts the sails"
Anemoi is the realist of her siblings. When things get tough there's no use complaining and moaning. Anemoi is the first into action to fix the issue. When she's born into a nest with a dangerous brother and a hesitant sister, Anemoi takes the problem into her own hands. Will she resort to murder? Or will she use the situation to her advantage? She's intent on getting what she wants. And what she wants is the empire in her paws and a crown on her head. Who she kills doesn't matter.

Quote:
Plus a little update
I've decided to have 3 Noble Families instead of 5. Lair space will eventually become an issue and I would like enough space for each family to grow and expand! I will be editing lore for each family to accommodate the change.

I've edited the Acuity Fragment section in the rules to initiate duels. I've also made changes to Might Fragments to initiate major events called Territory Conquests.

The Noble Family of Noxus now has a Lord and Lady!
Welcome Hypersthene the heir of the Noxus family.
37154701.png

And her mate Shadowscale
36935152.png

They are currently sitting on a nest of 3 eggs!

I am still hunting down the last pair to represent House Delvor! I'll not sure if you guys want to know when I find them, or if you just want me to introduce their hatchlings and start from there! If you want to know more about the current heads/heirs and their characters I can make a special post just to introduce my starters! Just let me know your preference!

@SymphonyOfIce

Oof ok so i started my own Nobility Challenge but I was wondering how you got the small pictures of the dragons that still linked back to them? (I might just be doing a dumb, lmao)
@SymphonyOfIce

Oof ok so i started my own Nobility Challenge but I was wondering how you got the small pictures of the dragons that still linked back to them? (I might just be doing a dumb, lmao)
yI912j3.pngZe1FV3k.pngfB9LVL3.pngyK2yfiw.pngtp1eAiM.pngqKZAaLK.pnguIyVrkK.pngyamzawx.pngaXbaYIT.pngWuWWMB3.png6Iro1hV.pngyI912j3.pngxGeOXI9.pnglG9UFR1.png
@MissingMercury

Copy and paste the BBCode like normal. In the brackets between {img} {/img} you'll see a number 350. Replace those numbers with the word "avatars"

Near the end of the code you'll see a "_350"
Delete these characters. TA DA TINY PICTURES
@MissingMercury

Copy and paste the BBCode like normal. In the brackets between {img} {/img} you'll see a number 350. Replace those numbers with the word "avatars"

Near the end of the code you'll see a "_350"
Delete these characters. TA DA TINY PICTURES
@SymphonyOfIce

Ah thank you so much :O!
@SymphonyOfIce

Ah thank you so much :O!
@SymphonyOfIce

I wrote a letter to one of the kids. Every family is getting a patron dragon from my clan that sends these letters. Dunno if that's of importance, but I'm telling you anyway.
@SymphonyOfIce

I wrote a letter to one of the kids. Every family is getting a patron dragon from my clan that sends these letters. Dunno if that's of importance, but I'm telling you anyway.
redoing this soon
[center][size=5]A Cryptic Letter To Anemoi[/size] [item=broken heartstone] [left] [size=2][i][b]Hello my dear princess!, We have never met, but that's not a big problem. My name is Chesire and I'm been watching your progress as a princess. And I really think that you are the best possible heir to your family's throne. So I decided to send you this letter of encouragement! You should continue your hard work. Everything that belongs to you will come your way if you just keep going. And remember as a princess and future queen, that you should smile. If you keep smiling long enough, the world will end up smiling too! Oh yeah, the little bauble I sent you? I heard it was significant for Guardian dragons. I bet it will bring you something you deserve. Not sure what that will be though. All the luck in the world to you! Chesire[/b][/i][/size] [center]The letter ended with a frantic flourish of golden letters. Anemoi smiled not because of the encouragement in the letter, no, she smiled because pride welled up within her filling her heart and soul all the way up to her head. She didn't know this Cheshire. Her tutors taught her about the members of the Houses yet the name eluded her. Was she perhaps a peasant? No, the gold ink was too rich of a commodity for the poor. This Cheshire must be from a well-to do family. Someone that had taken time out of their busy day to write words of encouragement to their future queen. To say the least, Anemoi was charmed. She folded the letter neatly and placed it near her bedside. Her attention now focused on the pretty little stone that was still sitting in its protective box. A heartstone to represent the heart of course. Words meant nothing if you couldn't prove them. This expensive stone was proof Anemoi could hold in her hands. There was someone out there that acknowledged her efforts. That seen that she was the superior of her siblings and the most eligible for the throne. She turned the stone in her hands to inspect it. It was heavy. It took effort to hold it up to the light. On the polished surface reflected a face. It was distorted with frightening features but sure enough it was her own. Perhaps she could have someone turn it into a necklace? The weight shouldn't bother her that much. Anemoi grinned at the thought of wearing this trinket proudly around her neck. A little display of superiority never hurt anyone. [center][size=4][b]Trait Discovered: Pride[/b][/size] [size=2]Thank you @Smeen for the letter! I'm loving the little twist of the Heartstone! Anemoi is completely unaware. It had me smiling the whole time while writing this. Thank you for the letter, and I hope I captured Cheshire well enough. Let me know if I should change any details to better fit Cheshire! I'm considering writing a return letter if I can make it not sound terrible! By the way, I'm loving the idea of having a patron for each family! As the generations continue, it'll be fun to see how I can incorporate the same character into my lore! [left] [size=1][b]Pinglist[/b] @MissingMercury @IceOtter
A Cryptic Letter To Anemoi
Broken Heartstone

Hello my dear princess!,

We have never met, but that's not a big problem. My name is Chesire and I'm been watching your progress as a princess. And I really think that you are the best possible heir to your family's throne. So I decided to send you this letter of encouragement! You should continue your hard work. Everything that belongs to you will come your way if you just keep going. And remember as a princess and future queen, that you should smile. If you keep smiling long enough, the world will end up smiling too!

Oh yeah, the little bauble I sent you? I heard it was significant for Guardian dragons. I bet it will bring you something you deserve. Not sure what that will be though.

All the luck in the world to you!

Chesire

The letter ended with a frantic flourish of golden letters. Anemoi smiled not because of the encouragement in the letter, no, she smiled because pride welled up within her filling her heart and soul all the way up to her head.

She didn't know this Cheshire. Her tutors taught her about the members of the Houses yet the name eluded her. Was she perhaps a peasant? No, the gold ink was too rich of a commodity for the poor. This Cheshire must be from a well-to do family. Someone that had taken time out of their busy day to write words of encouragement to their future queen. To say the least, Anemoi was charmed.

She folded the letter neatly and placed it near her bedside. Her attention now focused on the pretty little stone that was still sitting in its protective box. A heartstone to represent the heart of course. Words meant nothing if you couldn't prove them. This expensive stone was proof Anemoi could hold in her hands.

There was someone out there that acknowledged her efforts. That seen that she was the superior of her siblings and the most eligible for the throne.

She turned the stone in her hands to inspect it. It was heavy. It took effort to hold it up to the light. On the polished surface reflected a face. It was distorted with frightening features but sure enough it was her own.

Perhaps she could have someone turn it into a necklace? The weight shouldn't bother her that much. Anemoi grinned at the thought of wearing this trinket proudly around her neck. A little display of superiority never hurt anyone.

Trait Discovered: Pride

Thank you @Smeen for the letter! I'm loving the little twist of the Heartstone! Anemoi is completely unaware. It had me smiling the whole time while writing this. Thank you for the letter, and I hope I captured Cheshire well enough. Let me know if I should change any details to better fit Cheshire! I'm considering writing a return letter if I can make it not sound terrible! By the way, I'm loving the idea of having a patron for each family! As the generations continue, it'll be fun to see how I can incorporate the same character into my lore!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10