Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Legacy of Two Kingdoms [Coli-locke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@SymphonyOfIce

I sent a -slightly- creepy letter to Anemoi from my dragon Jungle, who is watching/trying to figure out how to assassinate the Princess >:O.
@SymphonyOfIce

I sent a -slightly- creepy letter to Anemoi from my dragon Jungle, who is watching/trying to figure out how to assassinate the Princess >:O.
yI912j3.pngZe1FV3k.pngfB9LVL3.pngyK2yfiw.pngtp1eAiM.pngqKZAaLK.pnguIyVrkK.pngyamzawx.pngaXbaYIT.pngWuWWMB3.png6Iro1hV.pngyI912j3.pngxGeOXI9.pnglG9UFR1.png
@SymphonyOfIce Ooo I just had a really good idea! What if certain genes were kind of like diseases that affected the dragon born with it, and you had to roll a dice or something to see if the dragon would survive it or not. Idk something kinda like that. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34497701] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/344978/34497701.png[/img] [/url][/center] For example my dragon Grimalkin of House Wynven (in my nobility challenge) has the gene Jaguar, which I will be using as a kind of disease in my nobility challenge lore. For lore's sake she survived the disease but was forced to have children to keep the Wynven house going, since so many dragons had died of the disease. So if she has any children with Jaguar I will be rolling a dice and if the # is over 3, they will live, if not they will "die" (be exalted) I kinda rambled a bit but lemme know what you think of the idea :O!
@SymphonyOfIce

Ooo I just had a really good idea! What if certain genes were kind of like diseases that affected the dragon born with it, and you had to roll a dice or something to see if the dragon would survive it or not. Idk something kinda like that.
For example my dragon Grimalkin of House Wynven (in my nobility challenge) has the gene Jaguar, which I will be using as a kind of disease in my nobility challenge lore. For lore's sake she survived the disease but was forced to have children to keep the Wynven house going, since so many dragons had died of the disease. So if she has any children with Jaguar I will be rolling a dice and if the # is over 3, they will live, if not they will "die" (be exalted)

I kinda rambled a bit but lemme know what you think of the idea :O!
yI912j3.pngZe1FV3k.pngfB9LVL3.pngyK2yfiw.pngtp1eAiM.pngqKZAaLK.pnguIyVrkK.pngyamzawx.pngaXbaYIT.pngWuWWMB3.png6Iro1hV.pngyI912j3.pngxGeOXI9.pnglG9UFR1.png
@SymphonyOfIce

I'm glad you liked it! I actually had a variety of stones that I could send but this one worked best. Also you wrote Chesire well, she's someone who would go all out on her letters. Or anything really.
@SymphonyOfIce

I'm glad you liked it! I actually had a variety of stones that I could send but this one worked best. Also you wrote Chesire well, she's someone who would go all out on her letters. Or anything really.
redoing this soon
@MissingMercury It's a good idea! I just would rather not kill off my characters so soon before I can write up some lore. But I think it has some potential for adding lore to the existing dragon! If you add it to your challenge let me know how it goes!
@MissingMercury It's a good idea! I just would rather not kill off my characters so soon before I can write up some lore. But I think it has some potential for adding lore to the existing dragon! If you add it to your challenge let me know how it goes!
[center][size=5]A Threatening Letter To Princess Anemoi[/size] [item=Iridescent Scaleback] [left] [size=2][i][b]My Dear Princess Anemoi, How nice to see you are finally earning some confidence! I for one think you will be an amazing Queen one day~. Watching you grow into a fine young dragon is my objective, but don't worry, im harmless! My name will not be of importance to you, but you may call me your secret admirer if you wish~. I have enclosed with the letter a little pet that i believe you may find to your liking. Hopefully it doesn't kill any of the post dragons~! I trust I will see you soon, and that you will not disclose the contents of this letter to anyone, for your own safety~ -Your secret admirer~[/b][/i][/size] [left] "Who sent this?" Anemoi snapped, viciously shaking the letter in front of the messenger's face. "W-we don't know." The messenger diverted his eyes. "When it was delivered it killed the sender." Anemoi suddenly dropped the letter as if it was laced with poison. She slapped the hatchling across the face and bared her teeth. "You would have me touch it then?" Fear suddenly overcame his nervousness "It wasn't the letter! It was the monster sent with it!" Her fury abated as she listened intently. The messenger spoke hurriedly as if she would call for his head any moment. "The monster killed the Postmaster as he was inspecting the crate. We dared not open the letter meant for the Princesses eyes. We had it scented for poison beforehand." He bowed deeply. If it was meant as an apology or a plea for mercy, Anemoi couldn't tell. "I want to see this beast." she demanded. The messenger bowed again before moving out of the room. She followed silently, rolling the letter's contents around in her mind. Her...[i]admirer[/i] was bold. Very bold. If it wasn't for the last line she would have passed it off as another letter the Houses sent to woo their way into the Royal Bloodline. But the writer did not seek her favor. They remained anonymous. Their words may take the form of a lover, but under the glossy sheen of ink there was the indisputable threat. [i]A challenge[/i]. The Messenger led her to where the Royal Mail was kept. Inside there lay a wooden crate stained with blood. A malcontent crunching came from inside. "My Lady don't get close!" The messenger jumped to grab her when she made for a better look. She looked irritated at the interruption. He shrank away as she turned back to face the animal once again. Snakelike eyes followed her every step. It was poised low ready for an attack. She took another step forward and the creature sprang forward furiously swiping it's paw at Anemoi. It's claws slashed mere inches away from the princess. What should have instilled fear brought a smile to her face. "It's beautiful." She said, tilting her head to study the beast through the spaces in the cage. It's body was protected in a heavy armor of scales. It's claws flexed, dangerously sharp. This creature wasn't meant to follow peacefully at its master's side. No, it was meant for a more barbaric life. It was made for savagery. It was born to survive. It was [i]meant[/i] for Anemoi. Meant to kill her of course, but Anemoi felt a deeper reason; A deeper connection to this vicious creature. Anemoi took another step forward as if in challenge. A dare. The creature answered with another onslaught of slashing claws. This was it. This was her life. The powerful survive and the weak suffer. In the mere inch of space between her and this beast one thing was made clear. She had the power. This deadly monster who ruled its territory with savage intent and slaughtered its enemies...was at her mercy. "I want it chained by my bedroom door." The messenger quizzically furrowed his brow. "But my Princess, it's not a pet to keep you company! It would kill you if it had the chance!" "Hmm" she nodded contently. "It would if it could. However it's not meant to keep [i]ME[/i] company" She smirked as she looked back to the snarling beast. "I have some people I want it to meet. I wouldn't want to deprive my enemies of such fine...companionship" Oh yes, she had many people she wished to introduce. Her secret admire being one of many. [size=2]Thank you @MissingMercury for the threatening letter lmao! Anemoi finally has something to feed her enemies to and guard her while she sleeps. The scaleback is a nice symbolic meaning for Anemoi's character as well! Hope this wasn't too much of a twist to what you were expecting! [left] [size=1][b]Pinglist[/b] @IceOtter @Smeen @Dovalore
A Threatening Letter To Princess Anemoi
Iridescent Scaleback

My Dear Princess Anemoi,

How nice to see you are finally earning some confidence! I for one think you will be an amazing Queen one day~. Watching you grow into a fine young dragon is my objective, but don't worry, im harmless! My name will not be of importance to you, but you may call me your secret admirer if you wish~. I have enclosed with the letter a little pet that i believe you may find to your liking. Hopefully it doesn't kill any of the post dragons~! I trust I will see you soon, and that you will not disclose the contents of this letter to anyone, for your own safety~

-Your secret admirer~

"Who sent this?" Anemoi snapped, viciously shaking the letter in front of the messenger's face.

"W-we don't know." The messenger diverted his eyes. "When it was delivered it killed the sender."

Anemoi suddenly dropped the letter as if it was laced with poison. She slapped the hatchling across the face and bared her teeth. "You would have me touch it then?"

Fear suddenly overcame his nervousness "It wasn't the letter! It was the monster sent with it!" Her fury abated as she listened intently. The messenger spoke hurriedly as if she would call for his head any moment.

"The monster killed the Postmaster as he was inspecting the crate. We dared not open the letter meant for the Princesses eyes. We had it scented for poison beforehand." He bowed deeply. If it was meant as an apology or a plea for mercy, Anemoi couldn't tell.

"I want to see this beast." she demanded. The messenger bowed again before moving out of the room. She followed silently, rolling the letter's contents around in her mind. Her...admirer was bold. Very bold. If it wasn't for the last line she would have passed it off as another letter the Houses sent to woo their way into the Royal Bloodline. But the writer did not seek her favor. They remained anonymous. Their words may take the form of a lover, but under the glossy sheen of ink there was the indisputable threat. A challenge.

The Messenger led her to where the Royal Mail was kept. Inside there lay a wooden crate stained with blood. A malcontent crunching came from inside.

"My Lady don't get close!" The messenger jumped to grab her when she made for a better look. She looked irritated at the interruption. He shrank away as she turned back to face the animal once again.

Snakelike eyes followed her every step. It was poised low ready for an attack. She took another step forward and the creature sprang forward furiously swiping it's paw at Anemoi. It's claws slashed mere inches away from the princess. What should have instilled fear brought a smile to her face.

"It's beautiful." She said, tilting her head to study the beast through the spaces in the cage. It's body was protected in a heavy armor of scales. It's claws flexed, dangerously sharp. This creature wasn't meant to follow peacefully at its master's side. No, it was meant for a more barbaric life. It was made for savagery. It was born to survive.

It was meant for Anemoi. Meant to kill her of course, but Anemoi felt a deeper reason; A deeper connection to this vicious creature.

Anemoi took another step forward as if in challenge. A dare. The creature answered with another onslaught of slashing claws.

This was it. This was her life. The powerful survive and the weak suffer. In the mere inch of space between her and this beast one thing was made clear. She had the power. This deadly monster who ruled its territory with savage intent and slaughtered its enemies...was at her mercy.

"I want it chained by my bedroom door."

The messenger quizzically furrowed his brow. "But my Princess, it's not a pet to keep you company! It would kill you if it had the chance!"

"Hmm" she nodded contently. "It would if it could. However it's not meant to keep ME company" She smirked as she looked back to the snarling beast.

"I have some people I want it to meet. I wouldn't want to deprive my enemies of such fine...companionship"

Oh yes, she had many people she wished to introduce. Her secret admire being one of many.

Thank you @MissingMercury for the threatening letter lmao! Anemoi finally has something to feed her enemies to and guard her while she sleeps. The scaleback is a nice symbolic meaning for Anemoi's character as well! Hope this wasn't too much of a twist to what you were expecting!

Pinglist
@IceOtter @Smeen @Dovalore
@SymphonyOfIce add me to the pinglist please? I LOVE this quest! I will certainly write a letter or two soon :)
@SymphonyOfIce add me to the pinglist please? I LOVE this quest! I will certainly write a letter or two soon :)
lighttop.png
@SymphonyOfIce

Oooo I loved the response :O! I think it was really cool to see what Anemoi would do
@SymphonyOfIce

Oooo I loved the response :O! I think it was really cool to see what Anemoi would do
@SymphonyOfIce Can you add me to the pinglist? I'm already thinking of ideas for letters!
@SymphonyOfIce Can you add me to the pinglist? I'm already thinking of ideas for letters!
tngKCqs.gif
@Sunlace, added! And yay I look forward to reading what you have in mind! I'm always excited to receive letters!

@Sunlace, added! And yay I look forward to reading what you have in mind! I'm always excited to receive letters!

[center][size=7] Behind Glass Walls, A gift for Adare [/size] [item=glass knife][item=red linen fabric scrap] [center] [i]A Bonepicker donned in armor swoops down before Adare, carefully placing a plain wooden box at his feet before soaring off as swiftly as it arrived. Inside the box is a letter along with a single item, carefully wrapped in red cloth. [quote] [left][size=2] [b]Warmest greetings, prince Adare, [center] Though I cannot say how I was able to send you this gift, I do hope that you will put it to good use. [left] May your path be filled with glory.[/b][/size] [/quote] [left] Servants scurried and scampered along the main path of the Imperial Residence. All focused on their morning tasks like bees hard at work. Some carried stacks of records for the king. Others rolled trolleys laden with expensive dishes and fine drink from the kitchens. All seemed normal. All seemed right. At least until they crossed paths with Adare. He sat in the dirt. His back leaning against a crumbling pillar as he studied the cascade of colors cast by his glass dagger. He held up it up for each servant that passed while looking through the glass. Eerily observant. Unnaturally quiet. The cook was the pale green of sickness. The chance meeting turned his stomach sour. His sister's handmaiden was the blue of despair. Her place slowed and her heart sank at the prospect of crossing his path. The Palace Guard was a lovely cautionary yellow. She was wary and watchful all while maintaining the greatest distance between her and the prince. The purples irritated him most. They only sought his favor with stiff politeness and hypocritical advice. He didn't even entertain them with a response. The oranges were more tolerable. They were the newer servants that had neither met him or heard the rumors....yet. The last color however was his favorite. The vivid vermilion that few ever wore. The woman that approached wore it beautifully like fine silk. It wafted off her as if she bathed in it's perfume. He continued to study her intently through his glass dagger even as he spoke. "Red looks good on you." He muttered. So quiet that she nearly didn't hear. She looked down at her regular brown servant clothes then queerly back up at him. Even though she asked no questions, Adare still answered. "It's beautiful. You wear it as if it were a delicate heirloom. But we both know better. It's a ticking bomb" He slid the dagger around in his hand until its pointed directly at her. His eyes no longer looked through the dagger; now they stared unhindered and unblinking up at her. "I am your trigger." [b]It wasn't a question.[/b] Her lips snarled up to form a few choice words but she held her tongue. The color flared. He pushed for more. He swung the dagger around till it pointed at her throat. "You're just like her. I made her so angry that night...Did you know father replaced the wooden floors of my bedroom? You can still see the blood if you look behind my tapestries." He said it so nonchalantly. It was the family secret, anyone who spoke of it was to be executed. Yet here he was discussing it like it were a topic at dinner in the vicinity where anyone could eavesdrop. Her eyes dilated and fists clenched as a haunting darkness overcame her features. "She should have killed you." She hissed those words as spit shot out like venom from behind bared teeth. "She should have brought a sharper knife." He quirked his eyebrows in amusement "If you're going to kill someone, you better do it right." She looked away in denial. "My sister wouldn't have been able to do it even if she brought a better knife. She couldn't kill anyone, much less the crown prince of the royal throne." It was the bitter truth. "No. She couldn't even look me in the eye when she tried to murder me.......but you could. Couldn't you." [b]It wasn't a question.[/b] Their eyes met in an instant. In the silence between them a mutual understanding came into being. He knew of her wrath. He knew of her scheme for revenge. To do what her sister could not. Yet with that knowledge he was going to let her live. Simpy so he could [i][u]let her try.[/u][/i] [center][size=2]OOOH boy where do I begin. First off, thank you @Dovalore for such a great letter! It was simple, but it gave me the opportunity to write a small window into Adare's past. Yes there was a failed assassination attempt. Yes, there's going to be a future assassination attempt. But there's more to it I'm hoping to explore! Hope this story didn't sound too edgy. I wanted to make him creepy but not try to hard! [left][size=1]Pinglist @Smeen @MissingMercury @IceOtter @Sunlace @GilatheHybrid
Behind Glass Walls,
A gift for Adare

Glass Knife Red Linen Fabric Scrap
Quote:

Warmest greetings, prince Adare,

Though I cannot say how I was able to send you this gift, I do hope that you will put it to good use.

May your path be filled with glory.

Servants scurried and scampered along the main path of the Imperial Residence. All focused on their morning tasks like bees hard at work. Some carried stacks of records for the king. Others rolled trolleys laden with expensive dishes and fine drink from the kitchens. All seemed normal. All seemed right.

At least until they crossed paths with Adare. He sat in the dirt. His back leaning against a crumbling pillar as he studied the cascade of colors cast by his glass dagger. He held up it up for each servant that passed while looking through the glass. Eerily observant. Unnaturally quiet.

The cook was the pale green of sickness. The chance meeting turned his stomach sour. His sister's handmaiden was the blue of despair. Her place slowed and her heart sank at the prospect of crossing his path. The Palace Guard was a lovely cautionary yellow. She was wary and watchful all while maintaining the greatest distance between her and the prince. The purples irritated him most. They only sought his favor with stiff politeness and hypocritical advice. He didn't even entertain them with a response. The oranges were more tolerable. They were the newer servants that had neither met him or heard the rumors....yet.

The last color however was his favorite. The vivid vermilion that few ever wore. The woman that approached wore it beautifully like fine silk. It wafted off her as if she bathed in it's perfume. He continued to study her intently through his glass dagger even as he spoke.

"Red looks good on you." He muttered. So quiet that she nearly didn't hear.

She looked down at her regular brown servant clothes then queerly back up at him. Even though she asked no questions, Adare still answered.

"It's beautiful. You wear it as if it were a delicate heirloom. But we both know better. It's a ticking bomb"

He slid the dagger around in his hand until its pointed directly at her. His eyes no longer looked through the dagger; now they stared unhindered and unblinking up at her. "I am your trigger."

It wasn't a question.

Her lips snarled up to form a few choice words but she held her tongue. The color flared. He pushed for more.

He swung the dagger around till it pointed at her throat. "You're just like her. I made her so angry that night...Did you know father replaced the wooden floors of my bedroom? You can still see the blood if you look behind my tapestries." He said it so nonchalantly. It was the family secret, anyone who spoke of it was to be executed. Yet here he was discussing it like it were a topic at dinner in the vicinity where anyone could eavesdrop.

Her eyes dilated and fists clenched as a haunting darkness overcame her features. "She should have killed you." She hissed those words as spit shot out like venom from behind bared teeth.

"She should have brought a sharper knife." He quirked his eyebrows in amusement "If you're going to kill someone, you better do it right."

She looked away in denial. "My sister wouldn't have been able to do it even if she brought a better knife. She couldn't kill anyone, much less the crown prince of the royal throne." It was the bitter truth.

"No. She couldn't even look me in the eye when she tried to murder me.......but you could. Couldn't you."

It wasn't a question.

Their eyes met in an instant. In the silence between them a mutual understanding came into being. He knew of her wrath. He knew of her scheme for revenge. To do what her sister could not. Yet with that knowledge he was going to let her live. Simpy so he could let her try.

OOOH boy where do I begin. First off, thank you @Dovalore for such a great letter! It was simple, but it gave me the opportunity to write a small window into Adare's past. Yes there was a failed assassination attempt. Yes, there's going to be a future assassination attempt. But there's more to it I'm hoping to explore! Hope this story didn't sound too edgy. I wanted to make him creepy but not try to hard!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10