Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Catch a Kraken (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/szCzs9g.png[/img][/center] [color=darkturquoise]The seasons of heat and sun are fading, and replacing them are the months of cooler winds and waters. And deep within the Leviathan Trench, a great behemoth awakens from its slumber. With the arrival of October, the legendary beasts known as kraken are rising from the depths, along with a new generation of juveniles. This lasts only two weeks, long enough for the kraken to see the world above, then recede back into the inky blackness from which they came. Fully grown kraken are rarely tolerant of a dragon's presence, and often will seek to destroy them on-sight. Rarer still are those adult kraken who can be domesticated by dragonkind, and those who manage to tame one of these leviathans should be revered as fierce warriors who have tamed the untamable. However, juvenile kraken can be raised alongside dragons and taught to fight beside a master. That is, if the master can catch a kraken. This, fellow seafarers, is your challenge. [img]https://i.imgur.com/szHaQrz.png[/img] [center][columns][size=6]Adult Kraken Available: 2 Juvenile Kraken Available: 24 Current Weather: Sweltering Kraken Caught Today: 1[nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/SCV4tev.png[/img][/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4jYfcNN.png[/img] [left]During the time period between October 15-27, you may roll to see if you can manage to capture a kraken. There are many kraken types to obtain, many of which requiring different actions and conditions to be met. You may roll once every 3 hours. Obtaining a juvenile kraken is much easier than a fully-grown adult. Juvenile kraken will grow and change as it gains levels [more on that in a bit]. In order to catch a juvenile, you must go to this rolz room HERE, ------------------------- https://rolz.org/dr?room=Krakencatching ---------------------------- and state how you are attempting to catch a kraken. Time of day, method of transportation, depth of water, and bait set are all factors that decide what morph of kraken you caught, as well as if you even caught one at all. You must specify which of your dragons you are sending out for kraken-catching. This is the dragon who will take care of the kraken once it is caught. [b]Time of Day[/b]: Options are: Sunrise, Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Sunset, Early Night, Midnight, Early Morning. [b]Swimming or Boating?[/b] Easy enough. Let me just state that only dragons equipped with Undine's Flatfins, Thresher Flatfins, or members of the Water Flight may take the swimming option. [b]Bait[/b] You may choose up to three items to use to bait a kraken. All items under the trinkets, food, and material sections may be used as bait. [b]Depth of Water[/b] There's kraken everywhere right now. Choices include Shallow, Moderate, Deep, and Abyss. Only dragons of the water or shadow flight may choose the Abyss option. Once you fill out the form for the day, you may roll. The number rolled will determine whether you've caught a kraken or not, and the range is five numbers wide. The range will jump around daily, to add an extra challenge. The final asset that might affect your luck is Weather. Weather is displayed here at the top, and will change every day at rollover, for the duration of the event. Each type of weather will have a different effect, and I'l leave you to figure them out. Someone might actually want to reserve a post somewhere under this thread so you guys can record what effects the weather holds. [img]https://i.imgur.com/4jYfcNN.png[/img]
szCzs9g.png

The seasons of heat and sun are fading, and replacing them are the months of cooler winds and waters. And deep within the Leviathan Trench, a great behemoth awakens from its slumber.
With the arrival of October, the legendary beasts known as kraken are rising from the depths, along with a new generation of juveniles. This lasts only two weeks, long enough for the kraken to see the world above, then recede back into the inky blackness from which they came.
Fully grown kraken are rarely tolerant of a dragon's presence, and often will seek to destroy them on-sight. Rarer still are those adult kraken who can be domesticated by dragonkind, and those who manage to tame one of these leviathans should be revered as fierce warriors who have tamed the untamable. However, juvenile kraken can be raised alongside dragons and taught to fight beside a master.
That is, if the master can catch a kraken.
This, fellow seafarers, is your challenge.

szHaQrz.png
Adult Kraken Available: 2
Juvenile Kraken Available: 24
Current Weather: Sweltering
Kraken Caught Today: 1
SCV4tev.png
4jYfcNN.png
During the time period between October 15-27, you may roll to see if you can manage to capture a kraken. There are many kraken types to obtain, many of which requiring different actions and conditions to be met. You may roll once every 3 hours.
Obtaining a juvenile kraken is much easier than a fully-grown adult. Juvenile kraken will grow and change as it gains levels [more on that in a bit]. In order to catch a juvenile, you must go to this rolz room HERE,
https://rolz.org/dr?room=Krakencatching
and state how you are attempting to catch a kraken.
Time of day, method of transportation, depth of water, and bait set are all factors that decide what morph of kraken you caught, as well as if you even caught one at all.
You must specify which of your dragons you are sending out for kraken-catching. This is the dragon who will take care of the kraken once it is caught.

Time of Day: Options are: Sunrise, Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Sunset, Early Night, Midnight, Early Morning.
Swimming or Boating? Easy enough. Let me just state that only dragons equipped with Undine's Flatfins, Thresher Flatfins, or members of the Water Flight may take the swimming option.
Bait You may choose up to three items to use to bait a kraken. All items under the trinkets, food, and material sections may be used as bait.
Depth of Water There's kraken everywhere right now. Choices include Shallow, Moderate, Deep, and Abyss. Only dragons of the water or shadow flight may choose the Abyss option.

Once you fill out the form for the day, you may roll. The number rolled will determine whether you've caught a kraken or not, and the range is five numbers wide. The range will jump around daily, to add an extra challenge.
The final asset that might affect your luck is Weather. Weather is displayed here at the top, and will change every day at rollover, for the duration of the event. Each type of weather will have a different effect, and I'l leave you to figure them out. Someone might actually want to reserve a post somewhere under this thread so you guys can record what effects the weather holds.
4jYfcNN.png
Clan Lore
Once you have managed to capture the kraken, you must place it in the bio of the dragon who you sent out to catch it. In this case, I'll be using Loviatar. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29404550] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294046/29404550_350.png[/img] [/url] And in her bio, behold Clarence, the most glorious, amazing, awe-inducing behemoth I could produce in three minutes. [FTR, Clarence is CelestialPrime-patented, his morph can't be obtained from the event (I might change this if people want}]. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g20MLtK.png[/img] When you first catch a juvenile kraken, all its stats will be at 0. Adult krakens will have randomly determined stats.
Once you have managed to capture the kraken, you must place it in the bio of the dragon who you sent out to catch it. In this case, I'll be using Loviatar.

29404550_350.png

And in her bio, behold Clarence, the most glorious, amazing, awe-inducing behemoth I could produce in three minutes.
[FTR, Clarence is CelestialPrime-patented, his morph can't be obtained from the event (I might change this if people want}].
g20MLtK.png
When you first catch a juvenile kraken, all its stats will be at 0. Adult krakens will have randomly determined stats.
Clan Lore
Leveling krakens is pretty easy. It just requires you to perform various tasks on the site. However, you must use a specific dragon, the one taking care of the kraken(s), must be used to accomplish that task.
Each type of task will increase one stat of the kraken. The available stats are:
Speed, Intelligence, Combat, and Dexterity.
Each stat can be increased to a maximum of 50. Most tasks will award only one point, but some more difficult tasks will award two or even three. You may perform one task per two hours (going by the same timing as Swipp's Swap Stand), giving you a maximum of 36 points per day if for some reason you wanted to give up your sleep time in order to collect numbers for a little pixel kraken.

Intelligence Tasks
I have literally no idea as to what tasks can level up something's intelligence I'll have something here by the start of the event

Combat Tasks
Defeat a minor coliseum enemy: Take the dragon taking care of the kraken (and the kraken itself) into the coliseum. You may take up to two other dragons. You must defeat one pack of 3 monsters in a lower-level venue, the range being from Training Field to Redrock Cove. Worth 1 point.
Defeat an average coliseum enemy: Same as fighting minor coliseum enemies, except you must fight in the venues between the Waterway and Boreal Wood. Worth 2 points.
Defeat a major coliseum enemy: Same as minor coliseum enemy, except you must fight in the venues between Crystal Pools and Golem Workshop. Worth 3 points.
Defeat a boss: You may fight in any venue that has a boss (yetis included). Point value is 1 plus the original value of fighting a 3 pack of enemies from that venue. So like fighting a Deeprealm Hunter would yield 1 plus 1, so 2 points.

Kraken-Seekers
-@/Gender
-@/rocwylde
-@/Sefaro
-@/Dragonwarrior333
-@/mintydragon
-@/celestialnarwhal
-@/shadowbirch
-@/raya36
-@/duskawakening
-@/zac
-@/raccoongirl

Kraken Caught
None so far
Leveling krakens is pretty easy. It just requires you to perform various tasks on the site. However, you must use a specific dragon, the one taking care of the kraken(s), must be used to accomplish that task.
Each type of task will increase one stat of the kraken. The available stats are:
Speed, Intelligence, Combat, and Dexterity.
Each stat can be increased to a maximum of 50. Most tasks will award only one point, but some more difficult tasks will award two or even three. You may perform one task per two hours (going by the same timing as Swipp's Swap Stand), giving you a maximum of 36 points per day if for some reason you wanted to give up your sleep time in order to collect numbers for a little pixel kraken.

Intelligence Tasks
I have literally no idea as to what tasks can level up something's intelligence I'll have something here by the start of the event

Combat Tasks
Defeat a minor coliseum enemy: Take the dragon taking care of the kraken (and the kraken itself) into the coliseum. You may take up to two other dragons. You must defeat one pack of 3 monsters in a lower-level venue, the range being from Training Field to Redrock Cove. Worth 1 point.
Defeat an average coliseum enemy: Same as fighting minor coliseum enemies, except you must fight in the venues between the Waterway and Boreal Wood. Worth 2 points.
Defeat a major coliseum enemy: Same as minor coliseum enemy, except you must fight in the venues between Crystal Pools and Golem Workshop. Worth 3 points.
Defeat a boss: You may fight in any venue that has a boss (yetis included). Point value is 1 plus the original value of fighting a 3 pack of enemies from that venue. So like fighting a Deeprealm Hunter would yield 1 plus 1, so 2 points.

Kraken-Seekers
-@/Gender
-@/rocwylde
-@/Sefaro
-@/Dragonwarrior333
-@/mintydragon
-@/celestialnarwhal
-@/shadowbirch
-@/raya36
-@/duskawakening
-@/zac
-@/raccoongirl

Kraken Caught
None so far
Clan Lore
[size=6][center][font=mistral]Funding Limited Morphs[/size][/center] [left]There are, at the moment, five possible morphs that can be found normally. But, I'm releasing a few other different morphs that can only be obtained via donations! You may fund a particular morph by sending in required items. For every time the item requirements are met, I will release ONE juvenile kraken of that morph into the pool. That kraken will have different requirements like any other morph, and can be obtained normally after it has been released. The kraken will be available to everyone, not just the people who funded it, and will remain there until someone has successfully caught it. There is an unlimited amount of these morphs, and the number of them in the pool depends solely on how many times over the requirement has been met. However, I have to make funding these things worthwhile, so here's the upside: Funding a morph will grant you a little bit of knowledge on how to capture that particular morph. You must send in at least five items of the required kind, and I will PM you with one tip on summoning that morph. However, some morphs require more expensive items to fund it (such as gene scrolls, because I can't afford any of them otherwise). Fully funding these morphs will automatically grant you one kraken of that morph, as well as a tip on how to obtain another type of morph or your choice. -------------------------------------------- Deeprealm Kraken [columns][item=traveler's runestone] 0/15 funded[nextcol][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/XTvYhtJ.png[/img] Preview[/columns] -------------------------------------------- Lowtide Kraken [columns][item=clipper chitin] 0/20 funded[nextcol][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/XGob8sJ.png[/img] Preview[/columns] --------------------------------------------- Inkdripper Kraken [columns] 0/10kt funded[nextcol][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/twz5Fbd.png[/img] Preview[/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/szHaQrz.png[/img]
Funding Limited Morphs
There are, at the moment, five possible morphs that can be found normally. But, I'm releasing a few other different morphs that can only be obtained via donations! You may fund a particular morph by sending in required items. For every time the item requirements are met, I will release ONE juvenile kraken of that morph into the pool. That kraken will have different requirements like any other morph, and can be obtained normally after it has been released. The kraken will be available to everyone, not just the people who funded it, and will remain there until someone has successfully caught it. There is an unlimited amount of these morphs, and the number of them in the pool depends solely on how many times over the requirement has been met.
However, I have to make funding these things worthwhile, so here's the upside: Funding a morph will grant you a little bit of knowledge on how to capture that particular morph. You must send in at least five items of the required kind, and I will PM you with one tip on summoning that morph. However, some morphs require more expensive items to fund it (such as gene scrolls, because I can't afford any of them otherwise). Fully funding these morphs will automatically grant you one kraken of that morph, as well as a tip on how to obtain another type of morph or your choice.
Deeprealm Kraken
Traveler's Runestone
0/15 funded
XTvYhtJ.png
Preview

Lowtide Kraken
Clipper Chitin
0/20 funded
XGob8sJ.png
Preview

Inkdripper Kraken
0/10kt funded
twz5Fbd.png
Preview
szHaQrz.png
Clan Lore
open for signups now!
open for signups now!
Clan Lore
@celestialprime This is cool as heck, sign me up!
@celestialprime This is cool as heck, sign me up!
transcatcher.png
@gender absolutely, ill add you to the list! :D
@gender absolutely, ill add you to the list! :D
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime
YEESSS Signups are open FINALLY! I was staring this thread down since it's first post. Please add me!
@CelestialPrime
YEESSS Signups are open FINALLY! I was staring this thread down since it's first post. Please add me!
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
@rocwylde you have no idea how happy this made me, I thought I was bumbling away in a thread nobody was watching :D I'm glad you're interested, I'll add you to the list!
@rocwylde you have no idea how happy this made me, I thought I was bumbling away in a thread nobody was watching :D I'm glad you're interested, I'll add you to the list!
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime
Please add me! Catching kraken is bound to be fun, oh yes c:
@CelestialPrime
Please add me! Catching kraken is bound to be fun, oh yes c:
udj6wT1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14