Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Imperial Scroll Quest
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 51 52
@Kaibutsu Definitely, thank you for the interest! I'm happy my journey helps inspire other folks to try and achieve their dreams as well!

It is a tough choice to have to choose between gening up current gene projects or saving up for this future-but-might-never-happen-dream dragon.
I put all my gening projects to a halt when I started this quest. There have been some dragons that received a gene or breed change, but those were either Plentiful breeds (only 45k with Dom discount) or Python, Morph and Firefly genes, which are basically free if you farm the coliseum long enough.

I guess I am lucky my favourite genes can be obtained for free, albeit at the whims of RNG.

My advice would be to start saving for the Gen1 Imperial! Why? Because Gen1 Imperials (and the Imperial scrolls) are only getting rarer. Genes on the other hand wil always have the same price (unless they decide to also cycle genes).

Additionally, more and more genes are added every month. If you gene your current dragons up later, there will be a wider variety of genes to choose from. Some of them perhaps cheaper but better than your original idea. Or if you were to gene them up now, and a new gene is released that you like even better, that's twice the expenses!

And finally, if you at some point decide to abandon the hunt for a Gen1 Imperial, you can use all that you've saved up to gene your current projects anyway. The other way around though; once the money is spent, it's spent.

I hope that after this inspirational speech I'll see your own quest thread pop up soon! :D
@Kaibutsu Definitely, thank you for the interest! I'm happy my journey helps inspire other folks to try and achieve their dreams as well!

It is a tough choice to have to choose between gening up current gene projects or saving up for this future-but-might-never-happen-dream dragon.
I put all my gening projects to a halt when I started this quest. There have been some dragons that received a gene or breed change, but those were either Plentiful breeds (only 45k with Dom discount) or Python, Morph and Firefly genes, which are basically free if you farm the coliseum long enough.

I guess I am lucky my favourite genes can be obtained for free, albeit at the whims of RNG.

My advice would be to start saving for the Gen1 Imperial! Why? Because Gen1 Imperials (and the Imperial scrolls) are only getting rarer. Genes on the other hand wil always have the same price (unless they decide to also cycle genes).

Additionally, more and more genes are added every month. If you gene your current dragons up later, there will be a wider variety of genes to choose from. Some of them perhaps cheaper but better than your original idea. Or if you were to gene them up now, and a new gene is released that you like even better, that's twice the expenses!

And finally, if you at some point decide to abandon the hunt for a Gen1 Imperial, you can use all that you've saved up to gene your current projects anyway. The other way around though; once the money is spent, it's spent.

I hope that after this inspirational speech I'll see your own quest thread pop up soon! :D
@Gaia
aaaa you are totally right! Imma go for it! Time to go do some research to find out how many gems I'll need! XD
@Gaia
aaaa you are totally right! Imma go for it! Time to go do some research to find out how many gems I'll need! XD
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 117
(last updated 4/28/24 11:05pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
I just found this thread.. Wow. Dedication. I have a couple pure g3 imps,(all four grandparents are g1 imps), but I'd love a g1. Maybe I should save too.. I have a problem with hoarding dragons- and not having any lair space. A good bit of them I've had for years, or their dates mean alot to me, or they're special in some way.
May I be added to the pinglist?
I just found this thread.. Wow. Dedication. I have a couple pure g3 imps,(all four grandparents are g1 imps), but I'd love a g1. Maybe I should save too.. I have a problem with hoarding dragons- and not having any lair space. A good bit of them I've had for years, or their dates mean alot to me, or they're special in some way.
May I be added to the pinglist?
6MxcIbY.gifkHQ8d.gifAq3yZ.gifTjDif.gif
I also just found this thread, wow that is a huge amount of gems to save lol.

I have a similar goal though. I am doing an enormous mass-hatch on my birthday (ideally 1,300 total eggs, 100 of each type, but I currently have 580) in an attempt to hatch a triple G1.

And then of course if I hatch a triple (well one that I like), the hatching will stop and the rest of the eggs will be sold on the AH to help fund an imp scroll.
I also just found this thread, wow that is a huge amount of gems to save lol.

I have a similar goal though. I am doing an enormous mass-hatch on my birthday (ideally 1,300 total eggs, 100 of each type, but I currently have 580) in an attempt to hatch a triple G1.

And then of course if I hatch a triple (well one that I like), the hatching will stop and the rest of the eggs will be sold on the AH to help fund an imp scroll.
New Inventory on the AH!
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] [size=6][font=garamond][i]Progress update [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]Good afternoon everyone (or morning, evening or night for the other timezones) I hope everyone is staying safe with the extreme weather throughout the globe. While the temperatures aren't quite dangerous in the Netherlands, they sure are capable of uprooting our public transport system. :-/ It takes a bit of time adjusting to 'post-NotN' Flight Rising. I farmed so much during Night of the Nocturne, that I'm afraid I kind of burned myself out. The first two weeks I couldn't get myself into doing much more than just logging in to gather, feed, breed and bond. I wouldn't even be surprised if I missed a day or two. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Auction House Sales[/i][/center] [center][img]https://imgur.com/9U5d1kr.png[/img][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]I didn't sell all that much during January, but I also didn't have a lot to sell. The vast majority of these auctions are Wildclaw Scrolls. With them cycling in January 2018, I reckon most people expected them to cycle in last month as well. As a result priced dropped dramatically as everyone was trying to get theirs to sell before they cycled back in, and potential buyers became less and less likely to buy them, rather waiting for their return in the Gem MP. Despite that, I luckily managed to sell the majority of mine, although at a way lower price than I had originally wanted. I only have less than a dozen left now. which I will most likely sell this coming month. This will also mean that the time of mad proceeds in my ledger are over, sadly. But maybe new opportunities will arise. Although I reckon, with them being a Roundsey price this week, it might actually mean it will be another while before they cycle back in. And it seems people agree with me, as prices have shot up from 2,400g to 2,800g in a few days. Enough economics, when it comes to raw profits, I can't complain about last month, especially given the low amount of auctions sold and the general lack of activity on-site from my side. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Coliseum spotlight[/i][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]As said, with post-NotN blues, I couldn't really bring myself to spend a lot of time in the coliseum, or on the site in general. I guess for the time spent I did get lucky with my drops. [item=unhatched fire egg][item=ambush][item=searing jackalope crate][item=primary gene: python] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Other activities[/i][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]January felt like a good month to wrap up my raffle. It had been going on for half a year, and while I didn't reach my target ticket sales to break even safely, I didn't want to keep the entrants waiting any longer. The announcement of the end date did do wonders for ticket sales, and I sold over 1000 tickets the last week. That burst of ticket sales was enough to push me a lot closer to the break even point, so all in all I am very pleased with a successful raffle and a bunch of happy winners. While I love raffles, and will definitely host more in the future, I think at the moment I'm gonna take a small break from them. 1. Because I have no clue what to raffle off next, and 2. If a plethora of gem genes isn't enough to draw in a steady stream of entrants, I don't know what else will, and I don't want to be stuck with a raffle that isn't budging. (If you have any ideas for popular prizes I'm all ears. I've done eggs (Noc eggs, Bog eggs, all eggs) eliminate, genes, and gem genes before) Perhaps when (if ever) a new breed is released I might do a raffle for that. Such novelty usually does wonders for the popularity of a raffle and the speed of ticket sales. Anyways, onwards ... [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Updated totals[/i][/center] [size=4][font=garamond] On-hand currency: 70.6% (+ 2.1%)* Hoard value: 9.1% (- 2.2%)* Investments: 3.0.% (- 4.5%) Total: 82.7% (- 4.6%)* *While I generally try to be optimistic, I also need to be realistic. It has been a long while since the gem to treasure ratio was 1:800, and while I held on for a long time, I think a small miracle will need to happen for it to fall below 1:1000 again. Because of that I have now calculated my totals based on a 1:1000 rather than a 1:800 ratio. Sadly, because I have 174.5million treasure that is a difference of 43,625 gems (nearly 5.5%). Similarly for my hoard value being worth 73.5 million treasure, the difference as a result of the changed ratio is 18.375 gems (about 2.2%) While I gained over half a million in hoardsell value, 11 million on-hand treasure and 47k on-hand gems, changing the ratio makes it seem as if made a loss, and set me back a little, progress-wise. But it does now more accurately reflect the market value of what I have. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Plans for next month[/i][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]I want to get back into the coliseum; I need to find my motivation somewhere. And I also need to start hunting for a new niche market to get my profits from; With my wildclaw scrolls as good as gone, food and leftover cycled gem apparel not selling or running low, and level25 Gen1s only selling once in a blue moon, I need another source of profit to keep the steady progress we've had the past months going. I don't have a clue yet as to what this source might be, but maybe I'll get some inspiration. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Question of the month[/i][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]A small light-hearted question this time. What's your new favourite emoji? I guess mine is obvious; [emoji=owl] [font=garamond]That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3 [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond]Pinglist @SariStar @Gusted @StarlitFire @ShadowSwirl @Skorpion @Cakeless @SolusPrime379 @Tiger33621 @Shrine @ladylilitu @LightningShatter @mayanaz @Alphaeon @Tufira @Inkbrush @Iceex @PixelSpiral @Neptunite @phandalin @Katargo @GlitterDCMarvel @Kiowa @depinvenom @Hainu @pulses @CelesteNova @Wianes @boi @Youmeanies @blitzhund @megalizardon4736 @Dandie @ShianneJanelle @Lunamore @inkandbone @Cyrx @Bumpsly @Naahva @AlbinoWerewolf @buythestars @PinesAwait @echolaliate @Zac @Cotera @Jaspernoir @SpiceCookie @BerryPop @aleksey @Sealterbloind @Drakeswing @techmess @FrostDragonRose @Aersolace @TrustRae @Utahraptor93 @Featherycats @TheClassCalico @Zaharawolfkin @Jinoga @Vauvenal @take2thesky @Sawvren @smolelf ------------------------ @SmaugTheAlmighty Oh my, that is on hell of a quest! I guess in that sense I am lucky I am not a big fan of doubles or triples myself, and much prefer XYZs. That'll save me so much pain and agony when trying to find the right dragons to scroll into Imperials, not just with the difficulty of finding a suitable dragon, but also paying for it! I really hope that your 1300 eggs will hatch some nicely coloured XXX dragons soon, so that'll you'll have a nice headstart on your scroll savings. And already 580 eggs?! I thought I had a lot of eggs, reaching 400 last week, when a few raffle entrants exchanged Nocturne eggs for tickets, but 580 is so much more! Congrats! Do you buy your eggs, or do you mostly trade, brew and pray to RNG to get them from gathering and the coliseum? (Also did you want to be on the pinglist or were you just dropping in for a chat? ^^)
earthtop.png
Progress update
earthmid.png

Good afternoon everyone (or morning, evening or night for the other timezones)

I hope everyone is staying safe with the extreme weather throughout the globe. While the temperatures aren't quite dangerous in the Netherlands, they sure are capable of uprooting our public transport system. :-/

It takes a bit of time adjusting to 'post-NotN' Flight Rising. I farmed so much during Night of the Nocturne, that I'm afraid I kind of burned myself out. The first two weeks I couldn't get myself into doing much more than just logging in to gather, feed, breed and bond. I wouldn't even be surprised if I missed a day or two.

earthmid.png
Auction House Sales
9U5d1kr.png

I didn't sell all that much during January, but I also didn't have a lot to sell. The vast majority of these auctions are Wildclaw Scrolls. With them cycling in January 2018, I reckon most people expected them to cycle in last month as well. As a result priced dropped dramatically as everyone was trying to get theirs to sell before they cycled back in, and potential buyers became less and less likely to buy them, rather waiting for their return in the Gem MP. Despite that, I luckily managed to sell the majority of mine, although at a way lower price than I had originally wanted. I only have less than a dozen left now. which I will most likely sell this coming month. This will also mean that the time of mad proceeds in my ledger are over, sadly. But maybe new opportunities will arise.

Although I reckon, with them being a Roundsey price this week, it might actually mean it will be another while before they cycle back in. And it seems people agree with me, as prices have shot up from 2,400g to 2,800g in a few days.

Enough economics, when it comes to raw profits, I can't complain about last month, especially given the low amount of auctions sold and the general lack of activity on-site from my side.

earthmid.png
Coliseum spotlight
As said, with post-NotN blues, I couldn't really bring myself to spend a lot of time in the coliseum, or on the site in general. I guess for the time spent I did get lucky with my drops.

Unhatched Fire Egg Ambush Searing Jackalope Crate Primary Gene: Python

earthmid.png
Other activities

January felt like a good month to wrap up my raffle. It had been going on for half a year, and while I didn't reach my target ticket sales to break even safely, I didn't want to keep the entrants waiting any longer. The announcement of the end date did do wonders for ticket sales, and I sold over 1000 tickets the last week. That burst of ticket sales was enough to push me a lot closer to the break even point, so all in all I am very pleased with a successful raffle and a bunch of happy winners.

While I love raffles, and will definitely host more in the future, I think at the moment I'm gonna take a small break from them. 1. Because I have no clue what to raffle off next, and 2. If a plethora of gem genes isn't enough to draw in a steady stream of entrants, I don't know what else will, and I don't want to be stuck with a raffle that isn't budging. (If you have any ideas for popular prizes I'm all ears. I've done eggs (Noc eggs, Bog eggs, all eggs) eliminate, genes, and gem genes before) Perhaps when (if ever) a new breed is released I might do a raffle for that. Such novelty usually does wonders for the popularity of a raffle and the speed of ticket sales.

Anyways, onwards ...

earthmid.png
Updated totals

On-hand currency: 70.6% (+ 2.1%)*
Hoard value: 9.1% (- 2.2%)*
Investments: 3.0.% (- 4.5%)
Total: 82.7% (- 4.6%)*

*While I generally try to be optimistic, I also need to be realistic. It has been a long while since the gem to treasure ratio was 1:800, and while I held on for a long time, I think a small miracle will need to happen for it to fall below 1:1000 again. Because of that I have now calculated my totals based on a 1:1000 rather than a 1:800 ratio. Sadly, because I have 174.5million treasure that is a difference of 43,625 gems (nearly 5.5%). Similarly for my hoard value being worth 73.5 million treasure, the difference as a result of the changed ratio is 18.375 gems (about 2.2%)

While I gained over half a million in hoardsell value, 11 million on-hand treasure and 47k on-hand gems, changing the ratio makes it seem as if made a loss, and set me back a little, progress-wise. But it does now more accurately reflect the market value of what I have.

earthmid.png
Plans for next month

I want to get back into the coliseum; I need to find my motivation somewhere. And I also need to start hunting for a new niche market to get my profits from; With my wildclaw scrolls as good as gone, food and leftover cycled gem apparel not selling or running low, and level25 Gen1s only selling once in a blue moon, I need another source of profit to keep the steady progress we've had the past months going. I don't have a clue yet as to what this source might be, but maybe I'll get some inspiration.

earthmid.png
Question of the month
A small light-hearted question this time. What's your new favourite emoji? I guess mine is obvious;

That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3

earthbottom.png

Pinglist
@SariStar
@Gusted
@StarlitFire
@ShadowSwirl
@Skorpion
@Cakeless
@SolusPrime379
@Tiger33621
@Shrine
@ladylilitu
@LightningShatter
@mayanaz
@Alphaeon
@Tufira
@Inkbrush
@Iceex
@PixelSpiral
@Neptunite
@phandalin
@Katargo
@GlitterDCMarvel
@Kiowa
@depinvenom
@Hainu
@pulses
@CelesteNova
@Wianes
@boi
@Youmeanies
@blitzhund
@megalizardon4736
@Dandie
@ShianneJanelle
@Lunamore
@inkandbone
@Cyrx
@Bumpsly
@Naahva
@AlbinoWerewolf
@buythestars
@PinesAwait
@echolaliate
@Zac
@Cotera
@Jaspernoir
@SpiceCookie
@BerryPop
@aleksey
@Sealterbloind
@Drakeswing
@techmess
@FrostDragonRose
@Aersolace
@TrustRae
@Utahraptor93
@Featherycats
@TheClassCalico
@Zaharawolfkin
@Jinoga
@Vauvenal
@take2thesky
@Sawvren
@smolelf

@SmaugTheAlmighty Oh my, that is on hell of a quest! I guess in that sense I am lucky I am not a big fan of doubles or triples myself, and much prefer XYZs. That'll save me so much pain and agony when trying to find the right dragons to scroll into Imperials, not just with the difficulty of finding a suitable dragon, but also paying for it!

I really hope that your 1300 eggs will hatch some nicely coloured XXX dragons soon, so that'll you'll have a nice headstart on your scroll savings. And already 580 eggs?! I thought I had a lot of eggs, reaching 400 last week, when a few raffle entrants exchanged Nocturne eggs for tickets, but 580 is so much more! Congrats!

Do you buy your eggs, or do you mostly trade, brew and pray to RNG to get them from gathering and the coliseum?

(Also did you want to be on the pinglist or were you just dropping in for a chat? ^^)
Sorry I didn't answer you from last time (I also only log in to bond and gather and such at the moment...) I hatched the 3 XYX's from like 10 eggs, so I'm incredibly lucky X) I offered the second one for a raffle Light is holding for the comming push, but they didn't want her XD I am offering them my third XYX right now, but they haven't responded yet. I really just want the last one gone to a good home, without selling it at fodder prize ^^' And I think it's a good thing you've updated the ratio. Rather now than when you're 99.9% finished, and then...whoops you still need like 10mil or something along those lines. I think you have been here longer than I have - do you remember what the exchange rate was when you joined? I remember back in 2014 it was 750:1 or something like that... That's an inflation rate of...who am i kidding I can't do math XD And my favourite emoji is [emoji=deer skull] because it's cool, hehe.
Sorry I didn't answer you from last time (I also only log in to bond and gather and such at the moment...) I hatched the 3 XYX's from like 10 eggs, so I'm incredibly lucky X) I offered the second one for a raffle Light is holding for the comming push, but they didn't want her XD I am offering them my third XYX right now, but they haven't responded yet. I really just want the last one gone to a good home, without selling it at fodder prize ^^'

And I think it's a good thing you've updated the ratio. Rather now than when you're 99.9% finished, and then...whoops you still need like 10mil or something along those lines. I think you have been here longer than I have - do you remember what the exchange rate was when you joined? I remember back in 2014 it was 750:1 or something like that... That's an inflation rate of...who am i kidding I can't do math XD

And my favourite emoji is because it's cool, hehe.
underskrift.png
I really hope the ratio falls down a bit again. 1:1000+ is sooo high. 1:1000 is easy to calculate with, but I still hope it drops down a bit again. I hope you don't mind me asking but how many scrolls did you invest last year and how do you feel the investment went? Last year I didn't have nearly as much as I do now to invest, but I'm so unsure if it's work going all in or not (last year I invested in 13, now I have enough for 61). My fav emojis is [emoji=treasure][emoji=gem] and the elemental ones, just because I'm going to be using them a lot for my threads and bios. The cats are also super cute [emoji=cat 1][emoji=cat 2][emoji=cat 3]
I really hope the ratio falls down a bit again. 1:1000+ is sooo high. 1:1000 is easy to calculate with, but I still hope it drops down a bit again.

I hope you don't mind me asking but how many scrolls did you invest last year and how do you feel the investment went? Last year I didn't have nearly as much as I do now to invest, but I'm so unsure if it's work going all in or not (last year I invested in 13, now I have enough for 61).

My fav emojis is and the elemental ones, just because I'm going to be using them a lot for my threads and bios. The cats are also super cute
................... 760.png
2024 - Bone Fiend & Cog Frog
910.png
I think that when it comes to raffles, retired items are the way to go. I personally have invested quite a lot for a few raffles that had sprites and other old festival items, so I think that those are the best attractions :> And for the emoji part, I think my fave is [emoji=four leaf clover] ^^ I'm sad that there's no ladybug emoji tho ;__;
I think that when it comes to raffles, retired items are the way to go. I personally have invested quite a lot for a few raffles that had sprites and other old festival items, so I think that those are the best attractions :>

And for the emoji part, I think my fave is ^^ I'm sad that there's no ladybug emoji tho ;__;
mCA0F4C.png vIsTIqn.png nbhBjNN.png CtyufUl.png
@Neptunite No worries! We all need a bit of a break sometimes!
I hope the hosts of the Light Raffle will take the third one! :)

And exactly, that's why I decided to update it! I think I will already face an 'I'm there! Oh wait, not yet!'-moment, because the prices of the Scrolls seem to fluctuate and might be higher than what I'm aiming for by the time I reach my goal. So rather than having 2 disappointments, I figured I'd fix one that would be easiest now, and see what I'll do about the other later.

And yeah, I've been here since the first day, and back then the ratio was 1:75. And no, I did not forget a 0. You could literally get 1 gem for 75 treasure. Mind you, back then the fairegrounds hardly worked, we didn't have fully fletched coli builds yet, the AH sometimes contained no dragons, because we all only had 2 dragons to start with, and dragons listed for 30k treasure were snatched up within moments, so exalting wasn't feasible. (Don't even get me started at the exalt payout at that time!) So the only reliable way to get funds fast was to buy gems, and exchange them for treasure. Oh how times have change. And I kick myself for not buying gems back in those days.

Sadly the only thing that I think will reliably bring down the ratio is lair expansions! They are treasure-only, account-bound and in pretty darn high demand right now.
A new treasure MP breed could make a bit of a dent as well, although I think the effect would be less severe and last less long as well.

@Meowesty Not at all, not at all! I spent every penny I had and bought 126 scrolls. While I sold the vast majority for more than 2500g, if we take 2500g as a pessimistic average, that's 63,500g pure profit gained by doing nothing but wait. I had set the limit for myself at 2750g, rather than 2500g, but it took a looooong time before the scrolls reached those prices, and I must admit I was afraid they'd cycle in before I got to sell all of mine, so in the end I went well below my self-set lowest price, and sold a couple for between 2500 and 2750, but I also sold a couple for 2900 when the demand was high.

I have close to 400kg at the moment, so I could purchase at least 200 when they cycle in. If I manage to exchange my treasure for gems as well, that's another 88. Again taking 2500g as sell price, that's 144kg of free profit. If I am patient and wait until the price reaches 2750g, the profit would amount to 216kg! Definitely doing that again if they ever come back! The only downside is that it takes a long time to really pay off. For me, still having a dozen left, it'll be 1 year and 1 month before I fully managed to reap the benefits of the investment.
@Neptunite No worries! We all need a bit of a break sometimes!
I hope the hosts of the Light Raffle will take the third one! :)

And exactly, that's why I decided to update it! I think I will already face an 'I'm there! Oh wait, not yet!'-moment, because the prices of the Scrolls seem to fluctuate and might be higher than what I'm aiming for by the time I reach my goal. So rather than having 2 disappointments, I figured I'd fix one that would be easiest now, and see what I'll do about the other later.

And yeah, I've been here since the first day, and back then the ratio was 1:75. And no, I did not forget a 0. You could literally get 1 gem for 75 treasure. Mind you, back then the fairegrounds hardly worked, we didn't have fully fletched coli builds yet, the AH sometimes contained no dragons, because we all only had 2 dragons to start with, and dragons listed for 30k treasure were snatched up within moments, so exalting wasn't feasible. (Don't even get me started at the exalt payout at that time!) So the only reliable way to get funds fast was to buy gems, and exchange them for treasure. Oh how times have change. And I kick myself for not buying gems back in those days.

Sadly the only thing that I think will reliably bring down the ratio is lair expansions! They are treasure-only, account-bound and in pretty darn high demand right now.
A new treasure MP breed could make a bit of a dent as well, although I think the effect would be less severe and last less long as well.

@Meowesty Not at all, not at all! I spent every penny I had and bought 126 scrolls. While I sold the vast majority for more than 2500g, if we take 2500g as a pessimistic average, that's 63,500g pure profit gained by doing nothing but wait. I had set the limit for myself at 2750g, rather than 2500g, but it took a looooong time before the scrolls reached those prices, and I must admit I was afraid they'd cycle in before I got to sell all of mine, so in the end I went well below my self-set lowest price, and sold a couple for between 2500 and 2750, but I also sold a couple for 2900 when the demand was high.

I have close to 400kg at the moment, so I could purchase at least 200 when they cycle in. If I manage to exchange my treasure for gems as well, that's another 88. Again taking 2500g as sell price, that's 144kg of free profit. If I am patient and wait until the price reaches 2750g, the profit would amount to 216kg! Definitely doing that again if they ever come back! The only downside is that it takes a long time to really pay off. For me, still having a dozen left, it'll be 1 year and 1 month before I fully managed to reap the benefits of the investment.
@Gaia
pinglist please! this is really interesting x)

edit: other then reselling items which would give a good profit, what are some ways you would suggest to others trying to earn some of that sweet dragon cash? :o
@Gaia
pinglist please! this is really interesting x)

edit: other then reselling items which would give a good profit, what are some ways you would suggest to others trying to earn some of that sweet dragon cash? :o
pleasant_comm.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 51 52