Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WS] Labyrinthine Levitos Tours - CYOA
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44
@rubyredtan Got you recorded for Day 6, your last response for today is below: [quote=Day 7A]https://goo.gl/forms/ka9WubbTdn7xj4D32[/quote]
@rubyredtan

Got you recorded for Day 6, your last response for today is below:

zqpG63L.png image0.png
@DrZiegler You've also been recorded for Day 6, your next and final response is below: [quote=Day 7A]https://goo.gl/forms/ka9WubbTdn7xj4D32[/quote]
@DrZiegler

You've also been recorded for Day 6, your next and final response is below:

zqpG63L.png image0.png
@nuttysaladtree Your Day 4 Response has been recorded, and you're now able to move on to Form 5C-S. [quote=Day 5C-S]https://goo.gl/forms/v1z1YvH8a9FSBaP22[/quote] (Your cool down technically expired last night, but since I wasn't able to give you your next form, I'll allow this one to count for yesterdays 2nd response, and you'll still be eligible to submit 2 "today" since it was my delay and not yours).
@nuttysaladtree

Your Day 4 Response has been recorded, and you're now able to move on to Form 5C-S.

(Your cool down technically expired last night, but since I wasn't able to give you your next form, I'll allow this one to count for yesterdays 2nd response, and you'll still be eligible to submit 2 "today" since it was my delay and not yours).

zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli
I thought I had done yesterday's form. It's done now so which one do I fill out now if it's not too late?
@Krycelli
I thought I had done yesterday's form. It's done now so which one do I fill out now if it's not too late?
3f6TxV2.png

nudX0O8.png

f4nz47.jpg
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/7AGqN22.png[/img][/center] [center][i][b]Day 3[/b][/i][/center] [columns][center][img]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/zilentdreamer/Seacrest%20250x250.png[/img][/center][nextcol] [center][img]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/zilentdreamer/Delenn%20250x250.png[/img][/center][/columns] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B8qGDw0.png[/img][/center] As they continued down the canal, gradually the embarrassment of Seacrest’s over-reaction faded and he was able to enjoy the tour. Levitos was a beautiful city, but there was something more about it now with the sun spilling between the buildings, mother-of-pearl glinting in the warm light. There was a thrum in the air as they glided past, powerful magics worked into some of the buildings to keep the more delicate material, such as coral, from drying out and going brittle. An underwater city at heart, Levitos belonged beneath the waves, but none would forget this week when dragons of all flights were able to share in the wonder. Silvia pointed up at the Bell-Tower. “If you look up you can see that the Tidelord’s visage has been carved into three sides of the tower. The fourth side has been remodeled for Wavecrest Saturnalia, and shows the Daughter of the Sea instead.” Even without having seen the Bell Tower with its newest addition, Seacrest would bet all the gems in his clan’s treasury that the Daughter would have the visage of a female Guardian. Undoubtedly there had been those who worried the Tidelord would take offense at having been replaced, but just imagining what the fierce, primal visage would look like adorning the side of the Bell Tower, Seacrest doubted the Tidelord would take offense. The first Guardians were crafted by the will of the Tidelord, their bones crafted from deep-sea coral and sea-water for blood. His touch lingered still in their massive forms and the fins that served as natural armor when made rigid. Generations from now, Seacrest speculated there would always be a touch of the sea in them, but the Guardians of today were no longer bound to it, nor to the Tidelord. As he could attest. Shadow pulled at him, a truth he could no longer deny. All he had to do was look at Delenn, and he could feel it, a gentle tug that went beyond his...regard for her. Silvia continued to row and the boat steadily drifted onward. “The Daughter of the Sea was added to represent one of Water flight’s traditions. As you know, Water has decided to share it’s most sacred rite, the Marriage of the Sea with the rest of the flights during this Saturnalia. Many generations are likely to pass before it happens again.” “The Marriage of the Sea?” Delenn asked. She allowed one clawed hand to trail through the small ripples created by their boat’s passing. “Sounds rather romantic.” Seacrest bit back the urge to explain. Better to let the professional handle it. “It is done every year without fail,” Silvia began. “It is our pledge, as dragons of Water, to The Sea of a Thousand Currents. The sea is our home, it nurtures us with our food and way of travel, our very way of life. Yet it is a fickle thing, the sea, with its rising tides and crashing waves. Even the dragons of the Water flight aren’t safe from the sea’s anger when the waters thrash and boil, fed by the storms that come with every season. So every year, a child of the Tidelord is chosen to fly across the breadth of the Sea, and in the center drop a blessed ring. A marriage in a sense, but also a promise to stay true no matter how the tides turn. And in return for our promise we are blessed with nourishment and the swiftest currents to carry our vessels.” The quiet splash of Silvia rowing them forward filled the silence that had fallen after her explanation. “Shadow doesn’t have anything like that,” Delenn mused out loud. “It is one thing to celebrate a union with the sea. It would be another matter entirely to celebrate a deeper union with Shadow. Too many consider us to be remnants of The Shade, left to fester and eventually consume all of dragonkind.” “Fools,” Seacrest said around a growl. Alone, each flight was a danger to Sornieth. Fire would burn the world to ash, Water would drown it beneath unending waves, Light would blind and sear, and beneath Shadow the world would wither in darkness. All the flights balanced one another, each one a force of destruction and healing when working together. Silvia grunted. “Some dragons are idiots. Annoying, but useful when they blather on like that. All the easier to avoid them when it comes time to choose a nesting partner.” Seacrest didn’t bother to contain his chuckle, and beside him Delenn chuckled as well. “Succinctly put,” he said. “My way with words got me this job.” Silvia flashed them a smile that contained a little more tooth than others would consider polite. Then she cleared her throat. “And speaking of my job, this is where I offer you a choice.” She gestured to where the canal opened up into several possible paths. “To reach the Bell Tower from where we are now, we’re going to be passing through a less than savory neighborhood. More than that though, there’s been construction and things aren’t exactly stable.” As if to add weight to her warning, some stonework dropped from a distant bridge and hit the canal with a muted splash. Seacrest barely managed to restrain the urge to put his head in his hands. Well there went showing Delenn the beauty of Levitos. With his luck a bridge would collapse on them. “What do you suggest?” “We can go the longer route,” Silvia said, considering. “It’s a little more scenic, not to mention without the risk of getting brained.” She shrugged. “But we might not have time to make the last stop of the tour if we take the longer way. It’s up to you.” “We’ll take the longer way.” Seacrest slanted a look at Delenn to see if she objected. She smiled at him. “Sounds good to me.” Seacrest would have been content with that, if Delenn’s smile hadn’t been just as toothy as Silvia’s when talking about idiot dragons.
7AGqN22.png

Day 3

Seacrest%20250x250.png
Delenn%20250x250.png

B8qGDw0.png

As they continued down the canal, gradually the embarrassment of Seacrest’s over-reaction faded and he was able to enjoy the tour. Levitos was a beautiful city, but there was something more about it now with the sun spilling between the buildings, mother-of-pearl glinting in the warm light. There was a thrum in the air as they glided past, powerful magics worked into some of the buildings to keep the more delicate material, such as coral, from drying out and going brittle. An underwater city at heart, Levitos belonged beneath the waves, but none would forget this week when dragons of all flights were able to share in the wonder.

Silvia pointed up at the Bell-Tower. “If you look up you can see that the Tidelord’s visage has been carved into three sides of the tower. The fourth side has been remodeled for Wavecrest Saturnalia, and shows the Daughter of the Sea instead.”

Even without having seen the Bell Tower with its newest addition, Seacrest would bet all the gems in his clan’s treasury that the Daughter would have the visage of a female Guardian. Undoubtedly there had been those who worried the Tidelord would take offense at having been replaced, but just imagining what the fierce, primal visage would look like adorning the side of the Bell Tower, Seacrest doubted the Tidelord would take offense.

The first Guardians were crafted by the will of the Tidelord, their bones crafted from deep-sea coral and sea-water for blood. His touch lingered still in their massive forms and the fins that served as natural armor when made rigid. Generations from now, Seacrest speculated there would always be a touch of the sea in them, but the Guardians of today were no longer bound to it, nor to the Tidelord.

As he could attest.

Shadow pulled at him, a truth he could no longer deny. All he had to do was look at Delenn, and he could feel it, a gentle tug that went beyond his...regard for her.

Silvia continued to row and the boat steadily drifted onward. “The Daughter of the Sea was added to represent one of Water flight’s traditions. As you know, Water has decided to share it’s most sacred rite, the Marriage of the Sea with the rest of the flights during this Saturnalia. Many generations are likely to pass before it happens again.”

“The Marriage of the Sea?” Delenn asked. She allowed one clawed hand to trail through the small ripples created by their boat’s passing. “Sounds rather romantic.”

Seacrest bit back the urge to explain. Better to let the professional handle it.

“It is done every year without fail,” Silvia began. “It is our pledge, as dragons of Water, to The Sea of a Thousand Currents. The sea is our home, it nurtures us with our food and way of travel, our very way of life. Yet it is a fickle thing, the sea, with its rising tides and crashing waves. Even the dragons of the Water flight aren’t safe from the sea’s anger when the waters thrash and boil, fed by the storms that come with every season. So every year, a child of the Tidelord is chosen to fly across the breadth of the Sea, and in the center drop a blessed ring. A marriage in a sense, but also a promise to stay true no matter how the tides turn. And in return for our promise we are blessed with nourishment and the swiftest currents to carry our vessels.”

The quiet splash of Silvia rowing them forward filled the silence that had fallen after her explanation.

“Shadow doesn’t have anything like that,” Delenn mused out loud. “It is one thing to celebrate a union with the sea. It would be another matter entirely to celebrate a deeper union with Shadow. Too many consider us to be remnants of The Shade, left to fester and eventually consume all of dragonkind.”

“Fools,” Seacrest said around a growl. Alone, each flight was a danger to Sornieth. Fire would burn the world to ash, Water would drown it beneath unending waves, Light would blind and sear, and beneath Shadow the world would wither in darkness. All the flights balanced one another, each one a force of destruction and healing when working together.

Silvia grunted. “Some dragons are idiots. Annoying, but useful when they blather on like that. All the easier to avoid them when it comes time to choose a nesting partner.”

Seacrest didn’t bother to contain his chuckle, and beside him Delenn chuckled as well. “Succinctly put,” he said.

“My way with words got me this job.” Silvia flashed them a smile that contained a little more tooth than others would consider polite. Then she cleared her throat. “And speaking of my job, this is where I offer you a choice.” She gestured to where the canal opened up into several possible paths. “To reach the Bell Tower from where we are now, we’re going to be passing through a less than savory neighborhood. More than that though, there’s been construction and things aren’t exactly stable.”

As if to add weight to her warning, some stonework dropped from a distant bridge and hit the canal with a muted splash.

Seacrest barely managed to restrain the urge to put his head in his hands. Well there went showing Delenn the beauty of Levitos. With his luck a bridge would collapse on them. “What do you suggest?”

“We can go the longer route,” Silvia said, considering. “It’s a little more scenic, not to mention without the risk of getting brained.” She shrugged. “But we might not have time to make the last stop of the tour if we take the longer way. It’s up to you.”

“We’ll take the longer way.” Seacrest slanted a look at Delenn to see if she objected.
She smiled at him. “Sounds good to me.”

Seacrest would have been content with that, if Delenn’s smile hadn’t been just as toothy as Silvia’s when talking about idiot dragons.
_______
You are
Shadowborn,
my child
4mTLFAP.png
...created when I
breathed life into
Shadow
@Husker Not too late! Your next form is Form 7B: [quote=Day 7B]https://goo.gl/forms/uVrDMh6u9CCt8Pq82[/quote]
@Husker

Not too late! Your next form is Form 7B:
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli, thank you so much! When you get my response from the fifth form, please let me know which form for Day Six I fill out. Thanks again!
@Krycelli, thank you so much! When you get my response from the fifth form, please let me know which form for Day Six I fill out. Thanks again!
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
@casuallySleepy You've been recorded for Day 6, your final response will be from Form 7G2: [quote=Day 7G2]https://goo.gl/forms/99x7Z6JUqsScYYka2[/quote]
@casuallySleepy

You've been recorded for Day 6, your final response will be from Form 7G2:
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@nuttysaladtree Great! Your next response will be from Form 6F: [quote=Day 6F]https://goo.gl/forms/WzokXAaJeWSROZzk1[/quote]
@nuttysaladtree

Great! Your next response will be from Form 6F:
zqpG63L.png image0.png
@Krycelli, thanks! I have filled out the form :)
@Krycelli, thanks! I have filled out the form :)
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43 44