Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I wish you could un-exalt dragons...
... that are older or not exalted by yourself.

Maybe a giving tree or adoption center or anything - with every dragon changed to a plentiful breed and basic genes, so you dont get anything too valuable like a g1 or g2 imperial

I just found the *perfect* g1 draggo that was exalted and its a shame you wont be able to get them unless you breed for them or are hella lucky to get the color combination you want
... that are older or not exalted by yourself.

Maybe a giving tree or adoption center or anything - with every dragon changed to a plentiful breed and basic genes, so you dont get anything too valuable like a g1 or g2 imperial

I just found the *perfect* g1 draggo that was exalted and its a shame you wont be able to get them unless you breed for them or are hella lucky to get the color combination you want
Yeah, I never check exalted dragons just for that reason. It’s so discouraging.
Yeah, I never check exalted dragons just for that reason. It’s so discouraging.
VGxuHXT.png
It sounds like an cool idea and maybe with a lot of restrictions it could work, but there are couple main reasons as to why I don't think FR staff would ever consider making such a feature.

Low ID dragons are extremely valuable, and this would likely crash their economy. Maybe there could be a rule where only dragons less than 5 years old are eligible for adoption.

Also a lot of people may prefer their exalted dragons to stay exalted for lore or other bio aesthetic reasons. Maybe they could make it so that you can't change the name of or breed with un-exalted dragons from other users.
It sounds like an cool idea and maybe with a lot of restrictions it could work, but there are couple main reasons as to why I don't think FR staff would ever consider making such a feature.

Low ID dragons are extremely valuable, and this would likely crash their economy. Maybe there could be a rule where only dragons less than 5 years old are eligible for adoption.

Also a lot of people may prefer their exalted dragons to stay exalted for lore or other bio aesthetic reasons. Maybe they could make it so that you can't change the name of or breed with un-exalted dragons from other users.
Exalted dragons remain tied to the owner of the dragon - seen when you change flights. The staff has stated many times they won't take dragons from someone's lair, and unexalting the dragon would turn around and do exactly that, but possibly worse.

The Flight Rising Economy aside, you'd have people upset over dragons you wanted exalted being given new names and possibly new genes, you could have dragons suddenly being exalted to the wrong flight for lore reasons, and even dragons staff exalted with good reasons being back in the game. The site most likely wouldn't be able to handle the huge gap between exalted and unexalted dragons this would create. Harassment could become even more common in sly ways.

I mean there are pretty exalted dragons, but you can breed for the colors again. All the breeds exist still, no breed is extinct. I myself would be highly annoyed if one of my project dragons where they need their names to be in a certain order was unexalted and renamed over a year into the project without my doing so. Or my lore dragons who have exalted offspring for lore reasons suddenly bring active again. It's also a slap in the face for people who tried selling their hatch but being unable to do so until exalting was the only option to see the same hatch in someone else's lair a month later after unexalting them.
Exalted dragons remain tied to the owner of the dragon - seen when you change flights. The staff has stated many times they won't take dragons from someone's lair, and unexalting the dragon would turn around and do exactly that, but possibly worse.

The Flight Rising Economy aside, you'd have people upset over dragons you wanted exalted being given new names and possibly new genes, you could have dragons suddenly being exalted to the wrong flight for lore reasons, and even dragons staff exalted with good reasons being back in the game. The site most likely wouldn't be able to handle the huge gap between exalted and unexalted dragons this would create. Harassment could become even more common in sly ways.

I mean there are pretty exalted dragons, but you can breed for the colors again. All the breeds exist still, no breed is extinct. I myself would be highly annoyed if one of my project dragons where they need their names to be in a certain order was unexalted and renamed over a year into the project without my doing so. Or my lore dragons who have exalted offspring for lore reasons suddenly bring active again. It's also a slap in the face for people who tried selling their hatch but being unable to do so until exalting was the only option to see the same hatch in someone else's lair a month later after unexalting them.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
yeah no. i purposefully exalt all of my progen's offspring. no one else should get a say in what happens to those dragons.

at a certain point you just have to accept that you are not entitled to things you do not own
yeah no. i purposefully exalt all of my progen's offspring. no one else should get a say in what happens to those dragons.

at a certain point you just have to accept that you are not entitled to things you do not own
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Please do not unexalt my song lyric dragons and rename them, I've spent a lot of time on the parents and would be immeasurably annoyed if they got messed up due to actions I have no say in. I was leery enough about selling one of them who was named Beautiful, and it was still my choice to sell that dragon and not exalt it. I don't want someone thinking they can save an exalted primal or something and changing its name to something more palatable than BeforeThe, when the whole reason it was exalted in the first place was so that people can't do that.
(Unexalting dragons that you yourself exalted that are older, I'd be okay with, but I think FR staff have their balance reasons for not allowing that in the first place)
Please do not unexalt my song lyric dragons and rename them, I've spent a lot of time on the parents and would be immeasurably annoyed if they got messed up due to actions I have no say in. I was leery enough about selling one of them who was named Beautiful, and it was still my choice to sell that dragon and not exalt it. I don't want someone thinking they can save an exalted primal or something and changing its name to something more palatable than BeforeThe, when the whole reason it was exalted in the first place was so that people can't do that.
(Unexalting dragons that you yourself exalted that are older, I'd be okay with, but I think FR staff have their balance reasons for not allowing that in the first place)
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I think this would be a neat thing ONLY IF it were opt-in for the exalter. I know people have a lot of valid reasons for not wanting their dragons unexalted, as has been discussed above. However, none of those reasons apply in my own case, and I'd be happy to allow people to unexalt my dragons if they want (whether they plan to keep them, or one of my weird combos is perfect for a breeding project).
I think this would be a neat thing ONLY IF it were opt-in for the exalter. I know people have a lot of valid reasons for not wanting their dragons unexalted, as has been discussed above. However, none of those reasons apply in my own case, and I'd be happy to allow people to unexalt my dragons if they want (whether they plan to keep them, or one of my weird combos is perfect for a breeding project).
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Please no. There are dragons given with specific parent names.
Please no. There are dragons given with specific parent names.
I can’t help but agree with everyone above. Tho I used to feel the same way, until I kinda accepted that exaltation isn’t the same as deletion. All exalted dragons are tied to the exalter’s account. It is still their dragons. Just “trapped” behind an “infinitely expensive paywall” /joke ;)

G1s are an extremely specific play style, I don’t even know if staff in 2013 expected G1s to be kept the way we are keeping them now…? Since flight rising is first and foremost a breeding simulator, and the purpose of G1s is to add genetic variety to the gene pool and prevent inbreeding being necessary.

Anyways, flight rising’s player base is only getting bigger and bigger, I’m sure someone will end up cracking open an egg and your dream colors will be in there.
I can’t help but agree with everyone above. Tho I used to feel the same way, until I kinda accepted that exaltation isn’t the same as deletion. All exalted dragons are tied to the exalter’s account. It is still their dragons. Just “trapped” behind an “infinitely expensive paywall” /joke ;)

G1s are an extremely specific play style, I don’t even know if staff in 2013 expected G1s to be kept the way we are keeping them now…? Since flight rising is first and foremost a breeding simulator, and the purpose of G1s is to add genetic variety to the gene pool and prevent inbreeding being necessary.

Anyways, flight rising’s player base is only getting bigger and bigger, I’m sure someone will end up cracking open an egg and your dream colors will be in there.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist

[Sale] Gem Gened g1s for 900g
Yeah. . .As someone who tries not to exalt and has a LOT of dream color combos that can only be found on exalted dragons, I gotta agree with everyone above. It would be a terrible idea to allow others to 'unexalt' someone else's dragon
Yeah. . .As someone who tries not to exalt and has a LOT of dream color combos that can only be found on exalted dragons, I gotta agree with everyone above. It would be a terrible idea to allow others to 'unexalt' someone else's dragon
7fINQj7.gif
Singing between the trees
7e6L4te.png
Signature is a wip :)