Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Festival skins need update
1 2 3 4
Oh come on, two aether F, two sandsurge male, two skydancer male. I simply do NOT see a good reason not to let one of each pose get a skin, as long as there are entries for each one.
Oh come on, two aether F, two sandsurge male, two skydancer male. I simply do NOT see a good reason not to let one of each pose get a skin, as long as there are entries for each one.
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
The staff could put restrictions to certain breeds that they think they need more skins for, but why restrict an open concept contest? The skin contests are open to everyone to enter, if you want to see a specific breed receive a skin, you can always try making one yourself! ^^ it's a lot of effort and takes time to learn how to make skins, so I think it's better to leave it open to all the participants to decide which breeds they'd like to make skins for!

Staff may not prioritize having a variety of breeds if they feel that the art of the entry is more important, and I think that's what should be the focus of skin contests!

EDIT: remember all the participants, winners or not, are human!! Everyone worked hard to make their entries, and nobody should be put down for their skin being picked just because the lineup of skins wasn't as diverse as you might've liked it to be! If you want other breeds to be represented, the best thing you can do is enter yourself and support the breeds you want to see win! The more entries to choose from, the better!
The staff could put restrictions to certain breeds that they think they need more skins for, but why restrict an open concept contest? The skin contests are open to everyone to enter, if you want to see a specific breed receive a skin, you can always try making one yourself! ^^ it's a lot of effort and takes time to learn how to make skins, so I think it's better to leave it open to all the participants to decide which breeds they'd like to make skins for!

Staff may not prioritize having a variety of breeds if they feel that the art of the entry is more important, and I think that's what should be the focus of skin contests!

EDIT: remember all the participants, winners or not, are human!! Everyone worked hard to make their entries, and nobody should be put down for their skin being picked just because the lineup of skins wasn't as diverse as you might've liked it to be! If you want other breeds to be represented, the best thing you can do is enter yourself and support the breeds you want to see win! The more entries to choose from, the better!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
[quote name="LittleParade" date="2024-03-24 07:38:33" ] if you want to see a specific breed receive a skin, you can always try making one yourself! [/quote] The point is that there are plenty of entries that never win because of repeats and if there were more slots (one per pose) there could be more winners. Its not about me wanting a specific pose bruh.
LittleParade wrote on 2024-03-24 07:38:33:
if you want to see a specific breed receive a skin, you can always try making one yourself!
The point is that there are plenty of entries that never win because of repeats and if there were more slots (one per pose) there could be more winners. Its not about me wanting a specific pose bruh.
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
I agree that there should be a little more variety in which ones are chosen, but overall the art should be the most important factor.
I agree that there should be a little more variety in which ones are chosen, but overall the art should be the most important factor.
Hey, I'm Kabet!
He/They/Any

Wishlist
I agree. There were doubles of some breed and sex then some got nothing. And too many of the skins were for Ancients.
At least we got a female Imp skin that did not have a big round circle on the wing.
But otherwise, the skins were total disappointments- not in quality but variety.
I agree. There were doubles of some breed and sex then some got nothing. And too many of the skins were for Ancients.
At least we got a female Imp skin that did not have a big round circle on the wing.
But otherwise, the skins were total disappointments- not in quality but variety.
pUaAvHp.pngKNAvkWg.pngbQXuoer.pngtRvToEi.gif67zHSWd.png6CDnDt4.png
Support, there's been way too many ancient skins recently. Especially as someone who doesn't like aethers or auraboas, this festival is largely a disappointment skinwise. If there was more variety, someone with lots of aethers/auraboas could be excited while still appealing to other people as well.
Support, there's been way too many ancient skins recently. Especially as someone who doesn't like aethers or auraboas, this festival is largely a disappointment skinwise. If there was more variety, someone with lots of aethers/auraboas could be excited while still appealing to other people as well.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
I think all the skins are beautiful! But it was a bit disappointing to see 2 male skydancers and 2 male sandsurges. I do think there should be a limit on one skin per breed pose.

Still though, huge credits to the artists who made the skins! They're all beautiful and I think perfect for the festival!
I think all the skins are beautiful! But it was a bit disappointing to see 2 male skydancers and 2 male sandsurges. I do think there should be a limit on one skin per breed pose.

Still though, huge credits to the artists who made the skins! They're all beautiful and I think perfect for the festival!
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
9/14 skins are Ancient- roughly two-thirds.
Two breeds, Aether and Sandsurge, have 3 skins each. These breeds together are 60% of ancient skins and 40% of total skins.

I get that it's an art contest and that's important. But it doesn't feel great to know you aren't going to use half of the skins before even looking at them.
9/14 skins are Ancient- roughly two-thirds.
Two breeds, Aether and Sandsurge, have 3 skins each. These breeds together are 60% of ancient skins and 40% of total skins.

I get that it's an art contest and that's important. But it doesn't feel great to know you aren't going to use half of the skins before even looking at them.
I think with there being more breeds they should increase the number of skins that win
I think with there being more breeds they should increase the number of skins that win
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
[quote name="Skydragons" date="2024-03-24 11:41:22" ] I think with there being more breeds they should increase the number of skins that win [/quote] Even that wouldn't have helped this year— MistJam's skin thread got an [i]extremely[/i] low turnout compared to other skin contests. It only reached page 10— by contrast, Rockbreaker's reached page 29.
Skydragons wrote on 2024-03-24 11:41:22:

Even that wouldn't have helped this year— MistJam's skin thread got an extremely low turnout compared to other skin contests. It only reached page 10— by contrast, Rockbreaker's reached page 29.
1 2 3 4