Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's in a (Hatchery) Name?
Mornin' FR

I'm planning on reopening my hatchery. However, I'm on the fence about whether I want to rename it or not?

It's currently 'Daily Scree', but I've never really been a daily hatchery (as I fear the name implies) and what I like to hatch has changed a little over the years, too. My question is:

Does the name of the hatchery matter to most folks? What gets you personally to click?

Curious where the trends have gone over the past few years...!
Mornin' FR

I'm planning on reopening my hatchery. However, I'm on the fence about whether I want to rename it or not?

It's currently 'Daily Scree', but I've never really been a daily hatchery (as I fear the name implies) and what I like to hatch has changed a little over the years, too. My question is:

Does the name of the hatchery matter to most folks? What gets you personally to click?

Curious where the trends have gone over the past few years...!
Names help me distinguish which hatcheries I've already checked out, plus they usually give me a vague idea of what to expect as to what kind of pairs they'll have. Usually, not always. If the name sounds like something for a theme I might be interested in, I'd give it a glance first over the others I see on the forums, but I'll still be checking out most other hatcheries anyway (time/energy permitting).
Names help me distinguish which hatcheries I've already checked out, plus they usually give me a vague idea of what to expect as to what kind of pairs they'll have. Usually, not always. If the name sounds like something for a theme I might be interested in, I'd give it a glance first over the others I see on the forums, but I'll still be checking out most other hatcheries anyway (time/energy permitting).
To be honest, I don't pay attention to names. I just see the word hatchery, click, scroll through to see what the dragons look like, then leave. Other people could be different though but usually when I'm searching from a hatchery I'm not really sure what I want. So I'll just quickly click through each hatchery on the first page and peruse their dragons.
To be honest, I don't pay attention to names. I just see the word hatchery, click, scroll through to see what the dragons look like, then leave. Other people could be different though but usually when I'm searching from a hatchery I'm not really sure what I want. So I'll just quickly click through each hatchery on the first page and peruse their dragons.
Personally, I don't usually go searching for hatcheries. It's the dragons that catch my attention, e.g. when I'm posting my own dragons in Find a Dragon and see breeding cards that catch my eye, or I'm looking at someone's dragon in Dragon Share and notice they came from a hatchery. So, to me, hatchery names aren't important, but having nice breeding cards + bio graphics is a much bigger deal.

(ngl I'm not sure what the word "scree" means... I think it's a bunch of loose pebbles/rocks? although in that case, what is a "daily" scree? this is not necessarily criticism, I could see someone clicking because they don't know what a scree is either and it makes them curious)
Personally, I don't usually go searching for hatcheries. It's the dragons that catch my attention, e.g. when I'm posting my own dragons in Find a Dragon and see breeding cards that catch my eye, or I'm looking at someone's dragon in Dragon Share and notice they came from a hatchery. So, to me, hatchery names aren't important, but having nice breeding cards + bio graphics is a much bigger deal.

(ngl I'm not sure what the word "scree" means... I think it's a bunch of loose pebbles/rocks? although in that case, what is a "daily" scree? this is not necessarily criticism, I could see someone clicking because they don't know what a scree is either and it makes them curious)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I think there's supposed to be two main goals behind a hatchery name. It's meant to

1: Tell you something about the kind of dragons you're selling, or hint at it (hard for me, because I have a wide variety of pairs that don't fall under one aesthetic or categories)

2: Be attention grabbing/Stand out... which is really hard to do with a thousand other hatcheries out there lol. I like the ones that set a certain mood or aesthetic with just a couple words and the dragons match that, but for my own, I went the humorous route. I do wonder if a few people take my hatchery's name too seriously and that turns them away from checking it out, but hopefully it works as intended ^^
I think there's supposed to be two main goals behind a hatchery name. It's meant to

1: Tell you something about the kind of dragons you're selling, or hint at it (hard for me, because I have a wide variety of pairs that don't fall under one aesthetic or categories)

2: Be attention grabbing/Stand out... which is really hard to do with a thousand other hatcheries out there lol. I like the ones that set a certain mood or aesthetic with just a couple words and the dragons match that, but for my own, I went the humorous route. I do wonder if a few people take my hatchery's name too seriously and that turns them away from checking it out, but hopefully it works as intended ^^
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png