Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | NotN Suggestions
Night of the Nocturne has always been one of my favorite fests of the year with how different it feels from the others. However, I’ve felt like some of the things it has that either are unbalanced or feel missing keep sticking out more and more each year, and I’d love to see some changes for those.

- Grand Exchange trades should either have the trinket amount needed increased (to about the same as food) Or food to trinket ratio evened out (~30 food And ~30 trinkets)
The ratio of Food to Trinkets that are used for trades right now just isnt working. Everyone I know who plays has multiple full stacks of Trinkets and never enough food, and no one is really looking to trade food for trinkets. It would be worthwhile to balance that out.
Want to add quick that I was writing this out before seeing the suggestion forums itself and didn’t realize someone else had made a post about this specifically. I can remove this part to have further emphasis on the other suggestions but I do agree this is one thing that could use change.

- Making it so that Galore can give a small number of chests (3-5?) each morning. These would not stack.
The thing that kinda stinks about events revolving around luck is you can’t control when you have bad luck. I’ve seen a few of my friends get no chests from gathering ( I know I did today with my last chance to gather…) and I know some people aren’t really able to play this time of year with how busy retail can get. A couple of garunteed chests would be great.

- Allow for Grand Exchange trades (if not all, atleast Higgan trades) a chance for trade materials + chests to drop.
With NotN trades no longer being done through Swipp, the chance of getting an extra drop from a trade is gone. It feels odd for Grand Exchange trades to not allow an extra chance for this, or any holiday trades really, because it’s functionally the same And many other renewable and repeatable activities give these, and they can still be gotten when you Do trade with Swipp.

- More Recolors of Old Apparel
I feel like I end up bringing this to the suggestions forum every year because of how much I want to see it. I already love all the apparel NotN has to offer and I think theres lots more color combinations that could be made for them. In fact, to shake things up And keep numbers the same, the colors could easily be cycled out every few years or so.

-New Eyes
We haven’t gotten new eye types in ages. I’ve seen people suggest button eyes Alot for NotN, and that or inverse colored eyes (maybe with white pupils) would also rule.

-Thematic Pursuits
This could be applied to All on site events really, but making daily pursuits themed with the events ongoing on the site would make something else fun to engage with. If items for Grand Exchange trades could be dropped too that’d be an even bigger bonus. (Disclaimer— I do wanna say I keep forgetting about pursuits myself, so if you COULD get Grand Exchange things from it, my bad)

-Skin and Accent contests akin to how elemental fests have.
One of the things I like about the elemental fests is the fact that users have a hand in contributing to it. I’d love to see that for NotN too. Theres enough of an established aesthetic for it that I think people could make some great stuff for it. Or maybe even another familiar coloring contest to reintroduce some old familiars with new flair.
Night of the Nocturne has always been one of my favorite fests of the year with how different it feels from the others. However, I’ve felt like some of the things it has that either are unbalanced or feel missing keep sticking out more and more each year, and I’d love to see some changes for those.

- Grand Exchange trades should either have the trinket amount needed increased (to about the same as food) Or food to trinket ratio evened out (~30 food And ~30 trinkets)
The ratio of Food to Trinkets that are used for trades right now just isnt working. Everyone I know who plays has multiple full stacks of Trinkets and never enough food, and no one is really looking to trade food for trinkets. It would be worthwhile to balance that out.
Want to add quick that I was writing this out before seeing the suggestion forums itself and didn’t realize someone else had made a post about this specifically. I can remove this part to have further emphasis on the other suggestions but I do agree this is one thing that could use change.

- Making it so that Galore can give a small number of chests (3-5?) each morning. These would not stack.
The thing that kinda stinks about events revolving around luck is you can’t control when you have bad luck. I’ve seen a few of my friends get no chests from gathering ( I know I did today with my last chance to gather…) and I know some people aren’t really able to play this time of year with how busy retail can get. A couple of garunteed chests would be great.

- Allow for Grand Exchange trades (if not all, atleast Higgan trades) a chance for trade materials + chests to drop.
With NotN trades no longer being done through Swipp, the chance of getting an extra drop from a trade is gone. It feels odd for Grand Exchange trades to not allow an extra chance for this, or any holiday trades really, because it’s functionally the same And many other renewable and repeatable activities give these, and they can still be gotten when you Do trade with Swipp.

I feel like I end up bringing this to the suggestions forum every year because of how much I want to see it. I already love all the apparel NotN has to offer and I think theres lots more color combinations that could be made for them. In fact, to shake things up And keep numbers the same, the colors could easily be cycled out every few years or so.

-New Eyes
We haven’t gotten new eye types in ages. I’ve seen people suggest button eyes Alot for NotN, and that or inverse colored eyes (maybe with white pupils) would also rule.

-Thematic Pursuits
This could be applied to All on site events really, but making daily pursuits themed with the events ongoing on the site would make something else fun to engage with. If items for Grand Exchange trades could be dropped too that’d be an even bigger bonus. (Disclaimer— I do wanna say I keep forgetting about pursuits myself, so if you COULD get Grand Exchange things from it, my bad)

-Skin and Accent contests akin to how elemental fests have.
One of the things I like about the elemental fests is the fact that users have a hand in contributing to it. I’d love to see that for NotN too. Theres enough of an established aesthetic for it that I think people could make some great stuff for it. Or maybe even another familiar coloring contest to reintroduce some old familiars with new flair.
ZTnIVNJ.gif FbAeDb0.gif
No support for the skins/accents thing specifically; it's nice to have a month off from trying to win those, as it were. Also, it's more work for the staff going into their holiday break.

The others all sound really interesting though! I especially like the thematic pursuits idea! (Although, I am also guilty of forgetting pursuits exist... #waystonebuttonwhen?)
No support for the skins/accents thing specifically; it's nice to have a month off from trying to win those, as it were. Also, it's more work for the staff going into their holiday break.

The others all sound really interesting though! I especially like the thematic pursuits idea! (Although, I am also guilty of forgetting pursuits exist... #waystonebuttonwhen?)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Kumatora" date="2023-12-31 09:40:56" ] - More Recolors of Old Apparel I feel like I end up bringing this to the suggestions forum every year because of how much I want to see it. I already love all the apparel NotN has to offer and I think theres lots more color combinations that could be made for them. In fact, to shake things up And keep numbers the same, the colors could easily be cycled out every few years or so. [/quote] Nothing to say about the others, but THIS ONE. I've supported it before, I'd love more colors for the Intent ([item=Malign Intent] and the others, for those who aren't sure what I mean) sets!
Kumatora wrote on 2023-12-31 09:40:56:
Nothing to say about the others, but THIS ONE. I've supported it before, I'd love more colors for the Intent ( Malign Intent and the others, for those who aren't sure what I mean) sets!
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
yeah no support for skin/accents -I feel more or less same as Renaiwom said.
and no support for Galore. I would understand if like two chests at start, BUT DAILY? nahh. I would say yes if NotN worked the way it did... three years? I think? when it got changed that aditional materials and chest drop doing stuff around site. and thanks to Higgins, we don't have to chase chest trades with Swipp. it is way easier than it was

I would, absolutely love if we could get eye type via NotN and if we could expand to recolours - since we will be no longer getting sets, and I think sets we do have are pretty limited in colours. just so that we could use mimic powder that keeps piling up for no reason
yeah no support for skin/accents -I feel more or less same as Renaiwom said.
and no support for Galore. I would understand if like two chests at start, BUT DAILY? nahh. I would say yes if NotN worked the way it did... three years? I think? when it got changed that aditional materials and chest drop doing stuff around site. and thanks to Higgins, we don't have to chase chest trades with Swipp. it is way easier than it was

I would, absolutely love if we could get eye type via NotN and if we could expand to recolours - since we will be no longer getting sets, and I think sets we do have are pretty limited in colours. just so that we could use mimic powder that keeps piling up for no reason
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Support especially for the apparel recolours! oh how i'd die to see more colours of the cobwebs. its an incredible apparel since it's semi transparent and we can layer them to make more colours but it's still quite limited on range so, to at least tackle the very old beginning apparel would be incredible

im indifferent about the skins but i like the other ideas, balancing the trinkets x food ratio for sure. but i posted about it in the other thread with my suggestions
Support especially for the apparel recolours! oh how i'd die to see more colours of the cobwebs. its an incredible apparel since it's semi transparent and we can layer them to make more colours but it's still quite limited on range so, to at least tackle the very old beginning apparel would be incredible

im indifferent about the skins but i like the other ideas, balancing the trinkets x food ratio for sure. but i posted about it in the other thread with my suggestions
Drakengard.gif