Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Balance the NOTN Trades
1 2 3 4 5
most of my items came from fam bonding, a bit of coli grind (my dust totals are low bc I hoardsold multiple stacks in the past)

Looking at the 1:1 data silverstormwing compiled, these amounts make sense

Familiar bonding was great for me, I wound up with 99+16 noc eggs
aI5LeSY.png
E5MDyEY.png
p4ET7K3.png
most of my items came from fam bonding, a bit of coli grind (my dust totals are low bc I hoardsold multiple stacks in the past)

Looking at the 1:1 data silverstormwing compiled, these amounts make sense

Familiar bonding was great for me, I wound up with 99+16 noc eggs
aI5LeSY.png
E5MDyEY.png
p4ET7K3.png
Support, please. My trinkets have been accumulating non stop because the ratios no longer suit these trades. Since we can get all kinds of items from site activities and coliseum battles and not just specific venues, my trinket hoard looks like this now; [img]https://i.imgur.com/Pf8A7m9.png[/img] Compared to my food one... [img]https://i.imgur.com/yfha6hG.png[/img] I have 3 different suggestions; [LIST] [*]Completely change the amount needed to trade for chests so we need the same quantities of food and trinkets for one trade. (Say 50 cuckoos and 50 of its counterpart trinket for a trade) or lower it to the trinket numbers since they are lower (like 20x20). [*]Completely scrape the food items and keep just the trinkets. Food is useful for well, feeding your dragons. NoTN has 16 different types of currency when warriors way has way less. Something like a new type of currency that is just less bulky in variety seem more manageable. (Trinket x trinket trades maybe or just 50 of each per chest? idk) sound better than what we have after almost 10 years of NoTN. [*]The ability to swap item currency for item currency 1:1. At least I could trade a stack of these trinkets for a stack of food and do 2 chest trades rather than none. [/LIST] Ultimately I think rebalancing the drops might fix it a bit, but then we could have the problem in inverse of having too much food and not enough trinkets. There are just far too many currency items in the pool in my opinion. Also PLEASE remove mimic powder from site activities, at least from familiar bonding. It is completely useless and feels like a waste to spend 2 hours bonding with 1200 familiars only to get a bunch of it instead of food currency, etc. Or make the powder part of the currency items too. That way we can swap them for chests, even if its stack of mimic powder for one chest. [center]I hoardsold thousands of these... [img]https://i.imgur.com/vQd6T8t.png[/img][/center]
Support, please. My trinkets have been accumulating non stop because the ratios no longer suit these trades. Since we can get all kinds of items from site activities and coliseum battles and not just specific venues, my trinket hoard looks like this now;

Pf8A7m9.png

Compared to my food one...

yfha6hG.png

I have 3 different suggestions;
  • Completely change the amount needed to trade for chests so we need the same quantities of food and trinkets for one trade. (Say 50 cuckoos and 50 of its counterpart trinket for a trade) or lower it to the trinket numbers since they are lower (like 20x20).
  • Completely scrape the food items and keep just the trinkets. Food is useful for well, feeding your dragons. NoTN has 16 different types of currency when warriors way has way less. Something like a new type of currency that is just less bulky in variety seem more manageable. (Trinket x trinket trades maybe or just 50 of each per chest? idk) sound better than what we have after almost 10 years of NoTN.
  • The ability to swap item currency for item currency 1:1. At least I could trade a stack of these trinkets for a stack of food and do 2 chest trades rather than none.

Ultimately I think rebalancing the drops might fix it a bit, but then we could have the problem in inverse of having too much food and not enough trinkets. There are just far too many currency items in the pool in my opinion.

Also PLEASE remove mimic powder from site activities, at least from familiar bonding. It is completely useless and feels like a waste to spend 2 hours bonding with 1200 familiars only to get a bunch of it instead of food currency, etc. Or make the powder part of the currency items too. That way we can swap them for chests, even if its stack of mimic powder for one chest.
I hoardsold thousands of these...
vQd6T8t.png
Drakengard.gif
i agree with this!! i nearly had a thousand mirrors by the end of this notn but barely half a stack of each of the foods needed for the chest trades.
i agree with this!! i nearly had a thousand mirrors by the end of this notn but barely half a stack of each of the foods needed for the chest trades.
D03a4pf.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-12-17 07:50:28" ] [quote name="Veradana" date="2023-12-17 07:32:45" ] In years past, it was balanced this way because you could only get drops from the coliseum, and food dropped more often than trinkets. I usually had stacks of food and comparatively few trinkets. Now that stuff drops from more sources, that balance has been thrown off, so it makes sense to re-balance the costs for chests as well. [/quote] Honestly I had wondered why it was this way, that explanation makes a lot of sense. I definitely think they need to re-evaluate how balanced it is now that items will drop far more equally and bring them up to be in line with each other. [/quote] ^^^ Yes. It makes sense in the past why it was this way, but considering we can now get the items and food from almost everywhere throughout each day of play during the event, I definitely agree that there needs to be some rebalancing of the drops. [quote name="jbapple" date="2023-12-17 09:49:18" ] I really want a Higgins trade shop bc sometimes you have 100 food and no trinkets to pair (tho I would also want 10 for 10 trades so we aren't clicking like april fools w 1 gravel again. Or if you have enough for all trades but some familiar trade. also it'd be neat if your total mats on hand would display on Higgins similar to how fc has a visible counter [/quote] Huge agree here. An official item trade shop during the festival would be amazing
Recallback wrote on 2023-12-17 07:50:28:
Veradana wrote on 2023-12-17 07:32:45:
In years past, it was balanced this way because you could only get drops from the coliseum, and food dropped more often than trinkets. I usually had stacks of food and comparatively few trinkets. Now that stuff drops from more sources, that balance has been thrown off, so it makes sense to re-balance the costs for chests as well.

Honestly I had wondered why it was this way, that explanation makes a lot of sense. I definitely think they need to re-evaluate how balanced it is now that items will drop far more equally and bring them up to be in line with each other.

^^^ Yes. It makes sense in the past why it was this way, but considering we can now get the items and food from almost everywhere throughout each day of play during the event, I definitely agree that there needs to be some rebalancing of the drops.

jbapple wrote on 2023-12-17 09:49:18:
I really want a Higgins trade shop bc sometimes you have 100 food and no trinkets to pair (tho I would also want 10 for 10 trades so we aren't clicking like april fools w 1 gravel again.

Or if you have enough for all trades but some familiar trade.

also it'd be neat if your total mats on hand would display on Higgins similar to how fc has a visible counter

Huge agree here. An official item trade shop during the festival would be amazing
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
Please. I have thousands of trinkets but almost 0 Food. I struggled so hard to get the food this year. I understand that it would mean more chests thus more eggs in circulation but even a 3:1 Higgins trade to trade trinkets for food would be a huge help.

Please. I have thousands of trinkets but almost 0 Food. I struggled so hard to get the food this year. I understand that it would mean more chests thus more eggs in circulation but even a 3:1 Higgins trade to trade trinkets for food would be a huge help.

15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
Support! Same place as everyone else having piles of trinket stacks that never get used over years in comparison to only a small amount of food items :(
Support! Same place as everyone else having piles of trinket stacks that never get used over years in comparison to only a small amount of food items :(
Hope they consider this seriously for next year, I have ended the event with possibly more trinkets than I started with. The last few days I straight up couldn't even trade them away, I tried and had a whole thread but no dice. They need balanced.
Hope they consider this seriously for next year, I have ended the event with possibly more trinkets than I started with. The last few days I straight up couldn't even trade them away, I tried and had a whole thread but no dice. They need balanced.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Tossing in my support to lower the food quantity costs to the trinket quantity costs. Since the acquisition methods changed from Coli-only to site-wide bonus items, it's ridiculous how unbalanced the costs are
Tossing in my support to lower the food quantity costs to the trinket quantity costs. Since the acquisition methods changed from Coli-only to site-wide bonus items, it's ridiculous how unbalanced the costs are
sBdLZtA.png
So I started NotN with stacks and stacks of trinkets, and ended it with them even bigger.
I didn't grind much this year, 405 chests compared to about 12 to 13 hundred chests last year. And the majority of my stuff comes from coli, this year I'd grind for a few hours a day and if I was lucky I'd get enough food drops to make a single chest trade for each trinket type. Quite a few days I managed only two or three chests from trading. While I've got the trinkets for easily several hundred chests if I just had the food.

That's not reasonable, it's not fun to spend all this time and barely scrape by with a handful of food items while the trinket pile just keeps growing. This should be addressed. People have been talking about this for years, it should already have been fixed.
So I started NotN with stacks and stacks of trinkets, and ended it with them even bigger.
I didn't grind much this year, 405 chests compared to about 12 to 13 hundred chests last year. And the majority of my stuff comes from coli, this year I'd grind for a few hours a day and if I was lucky I'd get enough food drops to make a single chest trade for each trinket type. Quite a few days I managed only two or three chests from trading. While I've got the trinkets for easily several hundred chests if I just had the food.

That's not reasonable, it's not fun to spend all this time and barely scrape by with a handful of food items while the trinket pile just keeps growing. This should be addressed. People have been talking about this for years, it should already have been fixed.
1 2 3 4 5