Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Pages are freezing
This started about 3 days ago. Now it seems to happen a minute or 2 after getting on. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. I have cleared my internet browsing history getting rid of everything. It still happens. I have been on today for about 20 minutes and have been constantly shutting frozen pages down.

Any other suggestions?
This started about 3 days ago. Now it seems to happen a minute or 2 after getting on. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. I have cleared my internet browsing history getting rid of everything. It still happens. I have been on today for about 20 minutes and have been constantly shutting frozen pages down.

Any other suggestions?
@torreywolf
There's a bad ad causing freezes. Use an adblocker until FR can get their provider to get rid of it!
@torreywolf
There's a bad ad causing freezes. Use an adblocker until FR can get their provider to get rid of it!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Happening to me too! I've never had this happen before until the last 2 days. Can't stay on for more than a few minutes without a crash. When my browser says: error there is something wrong with the site, reload? I hit yes, it refreshes, works for 5-10 sec then crashes again. Crashes happening on both Chrome and Edge.

@Vendrus ahhh seems to be the Adobe Ad as per others posts. Just had another crash and sure enough it was an Adobe Ad half loaded. Hopefully it is removed soon.
Happening to me too! I've never had this happen before until the last 2 days. Can't stay on for more than a few minutes without a crash. When my browser says: error there is something wrong with the site, reload? I hit yes, it refreshes, works for 5-10 sec then crashes again. Crashes happening on both Chrome and Edge.

@Vendrus ahhh seems to be the Adobe Ad as per others posts. Just had another crash and sure enough it was an Adobe Ad half loaded. Hopefully it is removed soon.
Having an adblocker has improved site performance and I haven't had any page freezes since I turned it on. I have no doubts that the issue will be resolved in due time, it just feels weird having to use an adblocker for the time being. If anything I blame the advertisers for creating ads that cause problems when they're loaded, especially if this is being done by Adobe; you'd think they'd have a little more foresight than this.
Having an adblocker has improved site performance and I haven't had any page freezes since I turned it on. I have no doubts that the issue will be resolved in due time, it just feels weird having to use an adblocker for the time being. If anything I blame the advertisers for creating ads that cause problems when they're loaded, especially if this is being done by Adobe; you'd think they'd have a little more foresight than this.
jt3E7a2.png ePOliyb.png
iuEBSJ3.png
tw8kgiY.png
hZipXGO.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
SampsonHenry_ParadoxBrother-FR_BG-Front.png
It's all because of those Adobe ads. I've been going through this too, like a lot of other people, and it ONLY happens when the Adobe ads appear!
It's all because of those Adobe ads. I've been going through this too, like a lot of other people, and it ONLY happens when the Adobe ads appear!
cSckuMi.png BqIFphl.png
I was just wondering about this. I had been meaning to turn my adblocker off for a while, finally got around to doing it, and the ads lagged out the site and crashed pages for me. I was like, "I do NOT remember FR Ads being so intrusive/hard on the PC.. I'm turning adblocker back on."

Good to know this is a SPECIFIC ad crashing the site. Will look to keep updated so I can turn ads back on when its over.

Edit:
Since we are aware its the adobe ad doing it, I whitelisted FR on my adblocker and refreshed until I got the adobe ad.

Unfortunately, I was unable to right click and block it before the ad crashed my page. So it seems like an adblocker is the best bet for right now.

From what I can tell, the crash is immediate, before the advertisement itself can even load. Something about the page calling the ad is causing it to stall.
I was just wondering about this. I had been meaning to turn my adblocker off for a while, finally got around to doing it, and the ads lagged out the site and crashed pages for me. I was like, "I do NOT remember FR Ads being so intrusive/hard on the PC.. I'm turning adblocker back on."

Good to know this is a SPECIFIC ad crashing the site. Will look to keep updated so I can turn ads back on when its over.

Edit:
Since we are aware its the adobe ad doing it, I whitelisted FR on my adblocker and refreshed until I got the adobe ad.

Unfortunately, I was unable to right click and block it before the ad crashed my page. So it seems like an adblocker is the best bet for right now.

From what I can tell, the crash is immediate, before the advertisement itself can even load. Something about the page calling the ad is causing it to stall.