Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Issues with Assigning Familiars
Any time I try to give my dragons a new familiar, the screen freezes and I am unable to do anything. I have to restart my entire browser.
Any time I try to give my dragons a new familiar, the screen freezes and I am unable to do anything. I have to restart my entire browser.
@noxxioxxi

Details about what exactly you're clicking and the steps you took would be helpful to identify the problem! Even if it seems obvious or redundant, we can at least figure out whether this is a player-side problem, a browser/internet connection problem, or something the developers will personally have to fix.

Specifying which device and browser you're using may also be relevant, since Google Chrome on a Windows 10 computer can have quirks or problems that Safari on an iPhone 8 does not. If it's fixed by restarting your browser, you may need to clear your cache.

Alternatively, are you using NordVPN? It seems that a recent update is conflicting with Flight Rising. See a recent bug report here.
@noxxioxxi

Details about what exactly you're clicking and the steps you took would be helpful to identify the problem! Even if it seems obvious or redundant, we can at least figure out whether this is a player-side problem, a browser/internet connection problem, or something the developers will personally have to fix.

Specifying which device and browser you're using may also be relevant, since Google Chrome on a Windows 10 computer can have quirks or problems that Safari on an iPhone 8 does not. If it's fixed by restarting your browser, you may need to clear your cache.

Alternatively, are you using NordVPN? It seems that a recent update is conflicting with Flight Rising. See a recent bug report here.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Thanks for the quick reply.

Apologies for the lack of details. Here's what occurs:
- Click into specific dragon page
- Click the + to add a new familiar or swap out Awakened familiar
- On the Choose A Familiar page, either of the following occurs:
1. The page lags or doesn't respond to scrolling down and it causes issues with my browser and tabs opened.
2. When I click to select the level of familiar (usually Wary), the entire page freezes and also causes issues with my browser and other tabs.
- Then I have to quit out of my browser (Google Chrome) or wait until I can close out of the "Choose A Familiar" page. Using a PC.

*Restarting my browser does not fix this issue.
* I do not use NordVPN.

Thank you!
Thanks for the quick reply.

Apologies for the lack of details. Here's what occurs:
- Click into specific dragon page
- Click the + to add a new familiar or swap out Awakened familiar
- On the Choose A Familiar page, either of the following occurs:
1. The page lags or doesn't respond to scrolling down and it causes issues with my browser and tabs opened.
2. When I click to select the level of familiar (usually Wary), the entire page freezes and also causes issues with my browser and other tabs.
- Then I have to quit out of my browser (Google Chrome) or wait until I can close out of the "Choose A Familiar" page. Using a PC.

*Restarting my browser does not fix this issue.
* I do not use NordVPN.

Thank you!
@noxxioxxi do you have lots of familiars in your hoard? if yes, try moving at least half of them in your vault, because some devices with lower performance may struggle with displaying all the images.

also try disabling any ad blockers and security extensions you may be using, because those sometimes mistakes content in flight rising as malicious content
@noxxioxxi do you have lots of familiars in your hoard? if yes, try moving at least half of them in your vault, because some devices with lower performance may struggle with displaying all the images.

also try disabling any ad blockers and security extensions you may be using, because those sometimes mistakes content in flight rising as malicious content
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Thank you! Those suggestions helped. :)
Thank you! Those suggestions helped. :)