Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Harmless words you hate?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Anyone else got some completely innocent words you just hate for no reason?

For me my toes curl every time I hear someone say "Veggies" or "Veg" instead of vegetables. Or the term 'Foodie'.
Also whenever someone says "Manu" instead of manuscript or manufacturer.

Apparently I'm very biased towards abbreviations haha.

Strangely enough, the word 'moist' has never really bothered me even though it seems to bother a lot of people
Anyone else got some completely innocent words you just hate for no reason?

For me my toes curl every time I hear someone say "Veggies" or "Veg" instead of vegetables. Or the term 'Foodie'.
Also whenever someone says "Manu" instead of manuscript or manufacturer.

Apparently I'm very biased towards abbreviations haha.

Strangely enough, the word 'moist' has never really bothered me even though it seems to bother a lot of people
N71Kq8t.pngZwMTIV6.pngN71Kq8t.png
You guys can complain and ridicule me for this but I really don't like the word "pog". Maybe It's just been way too overused for me but it gives me those weird fortnite rocket league kid expressions, and especially the way people were saying at in my old school made me wanna barf.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Vsco girl tskskskskskskks lawn sprinkler noise. That's right. There are still people. That. DO IT. And I swear the noise feels like it's scratching the insides of my ears with a FORK. And when I complain about it, I just get, "Oooohhh you just want the turtles to die!!!!"

Good thing that I don't hear both very often after switching. But still...
You guys can complain and ridicule me for this but I really don't like the word "pog". Maybe It's just been way too overused for me but it gives me those weird fortnite rocket league kid expressions, and especially the way people were saying at in my old school made me wanna barf.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Vsco girl tskskskskskskks lawn sprinkler noise. That's right. There are still people. That. DO IT. And I swear the noise feels like it's scratching the insides of my ears with a FORK. And when I complain about it, I just get, "Oooohhh you just want the turtles to die!!!!"

Good thing that I don't hear both very often after switching. But still...
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
Really can’t stand the word belly, for whatever reason. Even typing it, just. I don’t like how it looks, I don’t like how it sounds, I don’t like it. (I don’t feel the same way about underbelly though? I don’t know why.)

On the slang side of things, I don’t like malewife.
Really can’t stand the word belly, for whatever reason. Even typing it, just. I don’t like how it looks, I don’t like how it sounds, I don’t like it. (I don’t feel the same way about underbelly though? I don’t know why.)

On the slang side of things, I don’t like malewife.
"Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends."
he/they | early 20s | writer, country boy, Big Nerd
[quote name="Luvdisc" date="2022-10-14 10:12:29" ] Really can’t stand the word belly, for whatever reason. Even typing it, just. I don’t like how it looks, I don’t like how it sounds, I don’t like it. [/quote] I also just, [i]despise[/i] that word with a burning passion. Why does it exist? Get it away please- Anyways, bussin'. That's the word that just, ack. I need it to be gone from my life. Even though no one I'm around really uses it... it just hurts me when I hear it.
Luvdisc wrote on 2022-10-14 10:12:29:
Really can’t stand the word belly, for whatever reason. Even typing it, just. I don’t like how it looks, I don’t like how it sounds, I don’t like it.
I also just, despise that word with a burning passion. Why does it exist? Get it away please-

Anyways, bussin'. That's the word that just, ack. I need it to be gone from my life. Even though no one I'm around really uses it... it just hurts me when I hear it.
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
I'll say it once and I'll say it again

I absolutely cannot stand the word "vibe" and I'm instantly annoyed when someone (or even me sometimes) says it. Delete this from the English language please.
I'll say it once and I'll say it again

I absolutely cannot stand the word "vibe" and I'm instantly annoyed when someone (or even me sometimes) says it. Delete this from the English language please.
eastern-dragon-teenager-air-pixel.gifwestern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gifhe/him
I'm sorry op but my tongue forgets what letters go where saying "vegetables" sometimes, so I will shorten it to "veggies." [quote name="Builder" date="2022-10-14 10:39:19" ] [quote name="Luvdisc" date="2022-10-14 10:12:29" ] Really can’t stand the word belly, for whatever reason. Even typing it, just. I don’t like how it looks, I don’t like how it sounds, I don’t like it. [/quote] I also just, [i]despise[/i] that word with a burning passion. Why does it exist? Get it away please- [/quote] I'm not a fan of "belly" either, and for me I think it's a word for children? It's especially bad when I'm reading fiction and they use that word, not even in dialog, because it's so jarring and throws me for a loop. "Stomach" or "abdomen" sound much better. I also dislike "binkie" for similar reasons. I've never really gotten into slang, but not a fan of "sheesh." It just does not sound good.
I'm sorry op but my tongue forgets what letters go where saying "vegetables" sometimes, so I will shorten it to "veggies."
Builder wrote on 2022-10-14 10:39:19:
Luvdisc wrote on 2022-10-14 10:12:29:
Really can’t stand the word belly, for whatever reason. Even typing it, just. I don’t like how it looks, I don’t like how it sounds, I don’t like it.
I also just, despise that word with a burning passion. Why does it exist? Get it away please-
I'm not a fan of "belly" either, and for me I think it's a word for children? It's especially bad when I'm reading fiction and they use that word, not even in dialog, because it's so jarring and throws me for a loop. "Stomach" or "abdomen" sound much better. I also dislike "binkie" for similar reasons.

I've never really gotten into slang, but not a fan of "sheesh." It just does not sound good.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
I hate 90% of newer slang. Hated "lit". Hate "pog". There's definitely some other nonslang words that bother me, but I can't think of them right now. My brain is just sensitive to specific words for some reason.
I hate 90% of newer slang. Hated "lit". Hate "pog". There's definitely some other nonslang words that bother me, but I can't think of them right now. My brain is just sensitive to specific words for some reason.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
i cannot stand the word "pooch." just use the word "dog" it's not that hard. related to that, anything related to doggospeak. it's not cute and makes you look unintelligent. i lowkey lose respect for anyone who unironically uses it lol

also can't stand it when someone says "oof." i just have bad associations with that one lol

i cannot stand the word "pooch." just use the word "dog" it's not that hard. related to that, anything related to doggospeak. it's not cute and makes you look unintelligent. i lowkey lose respect for anyone who unironically uses it lol

also can't stand it when someone says "oof." i just have bad associations with that one lol

y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
plush/plushie/stuffie are so sickening to me.
plush/plushie/stuffie are so sickening to me.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

phlegm is a disgusting word to me. who decided to put those letters there and make THOSE SOUNDS
phlegm is a disgusting word to me. who decided to put those letters there and make THOSE SOUNDS
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22