Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nest Incubation Timers
Just a small thought! Alchemy and Archaeology operate with a running clock that counts down until you can perform the next action. It might be helpful to have a similar system for incubating nests, with them running on a 24-hour timer before they can be incubated again. That way players would receive a notification (and therefore remember that they have eggs to tend to instead of forgetting for multiple days at a time like I do). Depending on the player's time zone, it might also be nice to not be keeping track of when rollover is all the time.
Just a small thought! Alchemy and Archaeology operate with a running clock that counts down until you can perform the next action. It might be helpful to have a similar system for incubating nests, with them running on a 24-hour timer before they can be incubated again. That way players would receive a notification (and therefore remember that they have eggs to tend to instead of forgetting for multiple days at a time like I do). Depending on the player's time zone, it might also be nice to not be keeping track of when rollover is all the time.
@Trellwolf

Genuine question, IS it a 24 hour timer?

I always thought it refreshed at site rollover, so that if you incubated right before rollover, you could incubate right after?

Granted, I don't hatch a lot of nests so if it is 24 hours from the last click, a timer, with or without a notification would be a great thing.
@Trellwolf

Genuine question, IS it a 24 hour timer?

I always thought it refreshed at site rollover, so that if you incubated right before rollover, you could incubate right after?

Granted, I don't hatch a lot of nests so if it is 24 hours from the last click, a timer, with or without a notification would be a great thing.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar
It's refreshed at site rollover, not a 24 hour timer. No support for changing that.

I don't really see the need for it tbh? It's not a 24 hour timer and you don't have to keep track of when rollover is. The site timer at the top is always at site time and rollover is always at 00:00 site time. That said, I wouldn't be upset if it were added. Notifications would have to be toggleable though. I check my nests at rollover already and don't want to have an extra thing to click.
@Jemadar
It's refreshed at site rollover, not a 24 hour timer. No support for changing that.

I don't really see the need for it tbh? It's not a 24 hour timer and you don't have to keep track of when rollover is. The site timer at the top is always at site time and rollover is always at 00:00 site time. That said, I wouldn't be upset if it were added. Notifications would have to be toggleable though. I check my nests at rollover already and don't want to have an extra thing to click.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin

Thanks, I thought it was, but as said, I don't breed dragons often, and I often forget when I do, so wouldn't have necessarily noticed if it were on a timer.

I also agree that any notification MUST be optional, because I know not everyone would want to get notifications about the nest being ready to incubate.
@Tserin

Thanks, I thought it was, but as said, I don't breed dragons often, and I often forget when I do, so wouldn't have necessarily noticed if it were on a timer.

I also agree that any notification MUST be optional, because I know not everyone would want to get notifications about the nest being ready to incubate.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I'm not sure if the OP is advocating for changing the nest incubation period to be a 24 hour cycle (i.e. you must wait at least 24 hours to incubate again), or if they think incubation already is a 24 hour cycle, so I'm going to assume that they want it changed to a 24 hour cycle the way Baldwin's is a 30 minute cycle for transmutations.

The features mentioned (Baldwin's and Arlo's) are not on a constant cycle; the timer only starts when a user performs an action (i.e. starting a brew or using a tool). This means that while there is "slippage" where someone might not manage to log in when the timer is up, and it bumps their next cycle minutes or hours off, these are short windows, and neither Baldwin's nor Arlo's is as central to FR as breeding is. If I start my nest at 9:00 FR time on Monday, and I can't get online again until 11:00 FR time on Tuesday, and then incubate at 13:00 FR time on Wednesday, etc., I will likely in the end have an extra calendar day's worth of incubating because of the slippage. That would majorly mess up any specific date plans I had, or just plans to clear out a nest and put another pair on. So absolutely not support to changing how incubating works.

Separately, I don't really see a need for a timer to rollover when the clock is visible on every page; since incubation resets at rollover, the clock itself is sort of a countdown. I'm ambivalent on this one, though.

As for notifications, a hard no unless they are toggleable.
I'm not sure if the OP is advocating for changing the nest incubation period to be a 24 hour cycle (i.e. you must wait at least 24 hours to incubate again), or if they think incubation already is a 24 hour cycle, so I'm going to assume that they want it changed to a 24 hour cycle the way Baldwin's is a 30 minute cycle for transmutations.

The features mentioned (Baldwin's and Arlo's) are not on a constant cycle; the timer only starts when a user performs an action (i.e. starting a brew or using a tool). This means that while there is "slippage" where someone might not manage to log in when the timer is up, and it bumps their next cycle minutes or hours off, these are short windows, and neither Baldwin's nor Arlo's is as central to FR as breeding is. If I start my nest at 9:00 FR time on Monday, and I can't get online again until 11:00 FR time on Tuesday, and then incubate at 13:00 FR time on Wednesday, etc., I will likely in the end have an extra calendar day's worth of incubating because of the slippage. That would majorly mess up any specific date plans I had, or just plans to clear out a nest and put another pair on. So absolutely not support to changing how incubating works.

Separately, I don't really see a need for a timer to rollover when the clock is visible on every page; since incubation resets at rollover, the clock itself is sort of a countdown. I'm ambivalent on this one, though.

As for notifications, a hard no unless they are toggleable.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
I don't see the need for this. Just do your dailies. Go to "Which Waystone" on the sidebar to be reminded of what you have left to do that day.
I don't see the need for this. Just do your dailies. Go to "Which Waystone" on the sidebar to be reminded of what you have left to do that day.
nN9WzJH.png
they/them | system
I read it as the OP thought it was a 24 hour timer, and wanted a notification for it.

If it is advocating for it to be a 24 hour timer, no thanks. I dislike timers like that because it often means that things get later and later, as you have to wait until the timer is up and then remember to click it after. If you get on for 5 minutes and need to wait 10 minutes until the timer is reset, then you either have to wait five extra minutes if possible, or skip it until the next day.

a 23 hour timer might work, but I see no need to change it as I vastly prefer 'reset at a specific time every single day' rather than timers. I understand why Arlo and Baldwin and similar features work on a timer rather than set times, but I don't see why incubating needs to.
I read it as the OP thought it was a 24 hour timer, and wanted a notification for it.

If it is advocating for it to be a 24 hour timer, no thanks. I dislike timers like that because it often means that things get later and later, as you have to wait until the timer is up and then remember to click it after. If you get on for 5 minutes and need to wait 10 minutes until the timer is reset, then you either have to wait five extra minutes if possible, or skip it until the next day.

a 23 hour timer might work, but I see no need to change it as I vastly prefer 'reset at a specific time every single day' rather than timers. I understand why Arlo and Baldwin and similar features work on a timer rather than set times, but I don't see why incubating needs to.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png