Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primal Eyes & Apparel
1 2
I was trying the lustrous mantle apparel on my female obelisk the other day, and I was disappointed to see it covers the light around her primal eyes. I tried putting head apparel on some random scrys with different primal eyes, and sure enough a lot of headgear covers the effects around primal eyes. Note I am talking about things that go on the head and are NOT covering the eyes-it is just covering the effect part (I really don't know what to call it lol. Here's an example of how it looks. Without apparel: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=70155496&skin=0&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] With apparel: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=70155496&skin=0&apparel=40095&xt=dressing.png[/img] Like I said before, this happens with other types of primal eyes and different apparel. And I don't think it looks very good the way it is right now. I was looking forward to making a cool light themed dragon with this new mantle but it does cover a lot of the cool eye effect which I was so excited to get :( Now I don't know what you guys think, but I don't think this looks quite right. It appears as if the mantle is overlapping or clipping. I do however understand from another perspective it's probably the same as complaining about apparel covering part of a gene's pattern. By the way, I have not posted this to the art bug thread thing, I almost did but it kinda felt like it belonged better here. Have you noticed this, what do you think?
I was trying the lustrous mantle apparel on my female obelisk the other day, and I was disappointed to see it covers the light around her primal eyes. I tried putting head apparel on some random scrys with different primal eyes, and sure enough a lot of headgear covers the effects around primal eyes. Note I am talking about things that go on the head and are NOT covering the eyes-it is just covering the effect part (I really don't know what to call it lol. Here's an example of how it looks.

Without apparel:
dragon?did=70155496&skin=0&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

With apparel:
dragon?did=70155496&skin=0&apparel=40095&xt=dressing.png

Like I said before, this happens with other types of primal eyes and different apparel. And I don't think it looks very good the way it is right now. I was looking forward to making a cool light themed dragon with this new mantle but it does cover a lot of the cool eye effect which I was so excited to get :(

Now I don't know what you guys think, but I don't think this looks quite right. It appears as if the mantle is overlapping or clipping. I do however understand from another perspective it's probably the same as complaining about apparel covering part of a gene's pattern.

By the way, I have not posted this to the art bug thread thing, I almost did but it kinda felt like it belonged better here.

Have you noticed this, what do you think?
eq6zQ9M.png
1vAtYxM.png
eswSnrS.png
Support for fixing this, it must be unintentional?
Looks pretty wonky though
Support for fixing this, it must be unintentional?
Looks pretty wonky though
yeah I might ask about this in apparel problems, because looking at it now, the apparel does look a little wonky, and it kinda looks like it's sitting too far forward. I draw dragons a bit and I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have a pair of horns that big start that far forward on the head. Considering both the dragon breed and the lustrous mantle are new, they might not have noticed, idk. As for apparel and primal eyes on other dragons, I don't know, I'll leave that for now I think but I wanna try ask them about the lustrous mantle situation.

edit: decided to leave it be, they can't really do anything about it being too far forward because I see now from seeing the lustrous mantle on other breeds, the horn starts over the eye like that on all of them, so they cant really change the horn positioning because it would be inconsistency. kinda sucks that the lustrous mantle in particular is guaranteed to obstruct so much of the coolness of primal eyes :/
yeah I might ask about this in apparel problems, because looking at it now, the apparel does look a little wonky, and it kinda looks like it's sitting too far forward. I draw dragons a bit and I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have a pair of horns that big start that far forward on the head. Considering both the dragon breed and the lustrous mantle are new, they might not have noticed, idk. As for apparel and primal eyes on other dragons, I don't know, I'll leave that for now I think but I wanna try ask them about the lustrous mantle situation.

edit: decided to leave it be, they can't really do anything about it being too far forward because I see now from seeing the lustrous mantle on other breeds, the horn starts over the eye like that on all of them, so they cant really change the horn positioning because it would be inconsistency. kinda sucks that the lustrous mantle in particular is guaranteed to obstruct so much of the coolness of primal eyes :/
eq6zQ9M.png
1vAtYxM.png
eswSnrS.png
It's not exactly unintended to do this. Eyes layer under apparel so any eye types that change the shape etc of the eye will get covered by apparel. If it was changed so eyes layer over apparel a lot of other issues would happen (like apparel meant to hide the eyes not doing so and multigaze would show over most body apparel.)

It's exactly the same issue as multigaze not working with most line breaking tertiary genes. Just something we have to deal with due to the way eyes work.
It's not exactly unintended to do this. Eyes layer under apparel so any eye types that change the shape etc of the eye will get covered by apparel. If it was changed so eyes layer over apparel a lot of other issues would happen (like apparel meant to hide the eyes not doing so and multigaze would show over most body apparel.)

It's exactly the same issue as multigaze not working with most line breaking tertiary genes. Just something we have to deal with due to the way eyes work.
Cinus_small.png
It's definitely not a bug- this is the eyes layering system working as intended. The eyes always layer under apparel, and several headpieces would likely look bizarre if the eyes were layered differently (not to mention apparel in general, in the case of multi-gaze).

That being said, I would love to see "linebreaking" eye types be made layerable- just a drag and drop in the way reordering apparel works now, with the eyes being layered below everything by default. No clue as to whether this is possible with the way dragon images are rendered, but it's still a suggestion I've seen come up often and can't see any definite issues with.
It's definitely not a bug- this is the eyes layering system working as intended. The eyes always layer under apparel, and several headpieces would likely look bizarre if the eyes were layered differently (not to mention apparel in general, in the case of multi-gaze).

That being said, I would love to see "linebreaking" eye types be made layerable- just a drag and drop in the way reordering apparel works now, with the eyes being layered below everything by default. No clue as to whether this is possible with the way dragon images are rendered, but it's still a suggestion I've seen come up often and can't see any definite issues with.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
I would love to see some way to have eyes layer over apparel. Not just primal eyes but regular eyes, I have a dragon who I'd love to put the sanddune rags on if the skull didn't black out his eyes.

Maybe an option to put a copy of the eyes over top of everything, or something.
I would love to see some way to have eyes layer over apparel. Not just primal eyes but regular eyes, I have a dragon who I'd love to put the sanddune rags on if the skull didn't black out his eyes.

Maybe an option to put a copy of the eyes over top of everything, or something.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
That is a very case-by case issue... There are a few eye types that should probably show on top of certain apparel, but for the most part it makes much more sense to have the apparel on top....

It would be nice to have the option to change the layering, the same way we do with individual apparel pieces.
That is a very case-by case issue... There are a few eye types that should probably show on top of certain apparel, but for the most part it makes much more sense to have the apparel on top....

It would be nice to have the option to change the layering, the same way we do with individual apparel pieces.
mUhOEDF.png ......................... ........................ ...................... ........... . . . . . . .
Support for fixing/customizing primal layering.
Support for fixing/customizing primal layering.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
There is nothing to “fix” but I do support a toggle that would allow eyes to go above or below apparel! But I have dragons I don’t want this to happen to and I don’t think it’s fair to change it now- especially if it’s not optional.
There is nothing to “fix” but I do support a toggle that would allow eyes to go above or below apparel! But I have dragons I don’t want this to happen to and I don’t think it’s fair to change it now- especially if it’s not optional.
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
I 100% support this it makes me sad to have to limit apparel on certain dragons!
I 100% support this it makes me sad to have to limit apparel on certain dragons!
suggestion to pin the focus digsite!
1 2