Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's dom like nowadays?
1 2 3 4
I used to play years ago but put it down around ~2016. At the time, I recall dom being pretty competitive with a bunch of different flights that were notorious for being powerhouses, but it seems like the state of it all has changed a lot since then. Can any players from back then catch me up on how dom has changed? What are the powerhouses nowadays?
I used to play years ago but put it down around ~2016. At the time, I recall dom being pretty competitive with a bunch of different flights that were notorious for being powerhouses, but it seems like the state of it all has changed a lot since then. Can any players from back then catch me up on how dom has changed? What are the powerhouses nowadays?
syJrt1N.gifoT1Opir.gifS5BGfck.gifMMfFirK.gif
I'm a player that started playing 2016 but then stopped at the end of 2019 and just picked it up again recently, and I've also noticed a shift where it seems like Light isn't the powerhouse it used to be. Earth is still huge like it was before I left, but has anything else changed? What other flights are we looking out for when it comes to dom?
I'm a player that started playing 2016 but then stopped at the end of 2019 and just picked it up again recently, and I've also noticed a shift where it seems like Light isn't the powerhouse it used to be. Earth is still huge like it was before I left, but has anything else changed? What other flights are we looking out for when it comes to dom?
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
the only dom powerhouse now is earth, they dominate the boards
dom has also gotten a lot less competitive. there are still dom battles now nd then but the fodder prices don't go as insane as they did for LvP for example (good memories)
the only dom powerhouse now is earth, they dominate the boards
dom has also gotten a lot less competitive. there are still dom battles now nd then but the fodder prices don't go as insane as they did for LvP for example (good memories)
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

this is just going off what i've seen, but earth is the only flight i'd consider to be a "powerhouse" nowadays. the other former powerhouses are nothing compared to what they used to be (light has placed first a grand total of once this year and plague lost to wind in their last battle). it's pretty much the flight to be in if you like regular dom benefits and other flights don't even bother challenging them anymore because the rewards just aren't worth the massive amount of money and effort it would take to do so. it's rare not to see earth somewhere in the top 3 even while other flights are pushing

the dom scene has gotten really quiet in general the past couple years, mostly because of the measly rewards that haven't changed since dom became a feature and because of earth's aforementioned OP-ness. there's almost never any huge dom pushes/battles anymore, and when they happen you don't see a lot of people talking about them outside of private flight discords. this isn't me going "earth too stronk staff pls nerf" and i don't think a simple nerf would do much to help the dom scene anyway, these are just my observations as an old(ish) player that's seen a lot of big changes in dom over the years
this is just going off what i've seen, but earth is the only flight i'd consider to be a "powerhouse" nowadays. the other former powerhouses are nothing compared to what they used to be (light has placed first a grand total of once this year and plague lost to wind in their last battle). it's pretty much the flight to be in if you like regular dom benefits and other flights don't even bother challenging them anymore because the rewards just aren't worth the massive amount of money and effort it would take to do so. it's rare not to see earth somewhere in the top 3 even while other flights are pushing

the dom scene has gotten really quiet in general the past couple years, mostly because of the measly rewards that haven't changed since dom became a feature and because of earth's aforementioned OP-ness. there's almost never any huge dom pushes/battles anymore, and when they happen you don't see a lot of people talking about them outside of private flight discords. this isn't me going "earth too stronk staff pls nerf" and i don't think a simple nerf would do much to help the dom scene anyway, these are just my observations as an old(ish) player that's seen a lot of big changes in dom over the years
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
I made a similar post to this a bit ago but was asking about what each flight does to incentivises others to participate in dom and it seems to me like there has definitely been a hit in this department.

Lightning apparently still is going strong with in-flight raffles to motivate members, no idea what prizes they use.

Nature also is said to have solid in flight raffle scene but once again no idea what prizes they offer.

Shadow was described as having nothing.

Plague has an in flight raffle of badges.

Oh, it seems like all flights do foddart of some kind.

I don't think I remember anything else?

Plague recently beat earth for dom however so they can still be a contender when they really want to. Admittedly earth had dom the previous week so they had the whole penalty thing (not sure what to call it but it's a handicap that flights get after having dom to make it so a flight is unlikely to dom twice in a row.)

It seems to me like a lot of dom stuff has moved to discord which isn't the best move imo as it limits which flight members have knowledge of raffles and dom scheduling and as such it directly plays into less members participating which is how dom is calculated.

Editing: typos, it's too early for spelling.

I made a similar post to this a bit ago but was asking about what each flight does to incentivises others to participate in dom and it seems to me like there has definitely been a hit in this department.

Lightning apparently still is going strong with in-flight raffles to motivate members, no idea what prizes they use.

Nature also is said to have solid in flight raffle scene but once again no idea what prizes they offer.

Shadow was described as having nothing.

Plague has an in flight raffle of badges.

Oh, it seems like all flights do foddart of some kind.

I don't think I remember anything else?

Plague recently beat earth for dom however so they can still be a contender when they really want to. Admittedly earth had dom the previous week so they had the whole penalty thing (not sure what to call it but it's a handicap that flights get after having dom to make it so a flight is unlikely to dom twice in a row.)

It seems to me like a lot of dom stuff has moved to discord which isn't the best move imo as it limits which flight members have knowledge of raffles and dom scheduling and as such it directly plays into less members participating which is how dom is calculated.

Editing: typos, it's too early for spelling.

Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
the former powerhouses have grown..... weaker as of late
i almost never see light and plague in the top anymore, and dom pushes simply don't have the enthusiasm they used to.
the former powerhouses have grown..... weaker as of late
i almost never see light and plague in the top anymore, and dom pushes simply don't have the enthusiasm they used to.
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
Wind's still pretty weak, but this past year and a half we've been more in the middle of the board instead of at the bottom.
Wind's still pretty weak, but this past year and a half we've been more in the middle of the board instead of at the bottom.
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
Contested conquests/battles are expensive, so you don't see much of that anymore. Mostly it's profit pushes.
Contested conquests/battles are expensive, so you don't see much of that anymore. Mostly it's profit pushes.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
It is admittedly hard for many flights to get excited about dom when it costs a ton and its Earth literally every week. I'm sure if the algorithm was changed or the dom penalty became much harsher you would see more flights actually try occasionally
It is admittedly hard for many flights to get excited about dom when it costs a ton and its Earth literally every week. I'm sure if the algorithm was changed or the dom penalty became much harsher you would see more flights actually try occasionally
3d4d1f39dd1ef44ed0f2069a9e3a93ec64f05876.png
I think the dom battles have gone by the wayside because of open registration. There are just so many more users now. Its hard to coordinate. Being in plague since the beginning I can say some people who were dom leaders left the game/stepped down. It's really stressful running a dom event and like some people have said the rewards don't really make it worth it. Sure LvP was fun, but, so much fake currency was lost.

I dunno, I was never hard core into dom so I didn't pay attention. We still run cool things in plague with badges and prizes and fun lore, its just not as competitive. Profit's where its at.
I think the dom battles have gone by the wayside because of open registration. There are just so many more users now. Its hard to coordinate. Being in plague since the beginning I can say some people who were dom leaders left the game/stepped down. It's really stressful running a dom event and like some people have said the rewards don't really make it worth it. Sure LvP was fun, but, so much fake currency was lost.

I dunno, I was never hard core into dom so I didn't pay attention. We still run cool things in plague with badges and prizes and fun lore, its just not as competitive. Profit's where its at.
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
1 2 3 4