Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Strange Treasure question
Hello random stranger that stumbled onto my forum, I have a strange question about a way to make treasure. Or, 'invest' it actually. Now I haven't looked into it very much, but can you invest treasure into a hatchery, or, maybe loan the money to someone and expect it all back plus a little bit more? Maybe you could invest money into a hatchery and gain a small percentage of the owners business. Here's an example. A hatchery is looking for investors, or someone is looking to invest in a hatchery. The owner of the hatchery asks for 100,000[emoji=treasure size=1], for 15% of their hatchery (Meaning the owner estimates that the hatchery/business is worth 660,000 overall). With the 15% of the business you now own, you recive 15% of all sales either (you and the hatchery owner will need to decide this) daily, weekly, or monthly. The Hatchery owner will also need to consult with you when making very big decisions (lair expansions, new permanent breeding pairs, new nest, etc.) money wise. The investor will need to do serious investigation to decide if they want to invest in any hatchery, to 1. Make sure they are legit, and 2. Decide if it is a profitable move. This is all just an idea though, please ping me (did I say that right?) if you have anything to tell me. Please please please tell me if I posted this in the wrong forum index (nicely) and where I can relocate. Thanks everyone! ~Baseball10
Hello random stranger that stumbled onto my forum, I have a strange question about a way to make treasure. Or, 'invest' it actually. Now I haven't looked into it very much, but can you invest treasure into a hatchery, or, maybe loan the money to someone and expect it all back plus a little bit more? Maybe you could invest money into a hatchery and gain a small percentage of the owners business.

Here's an example. A hatchery is looking for investors, or someone is looking to invest in a hatchery. The owner of the hatchery asks for 100,000, for 15% of their hatchery (Meaning the owner estimates that the hatchery/business is worth 660,000 overall). With the 15% of the business you now own, you recive 15% of all sales either (you and the hatchery owner will need to decide this) daily, weekly, or monthly. The Hatchery owner will also need to consult with you when making very big decisions (lair expansions, new permanent breeding pairs, new nest, etc.) money wise.

The investor will need to do serious investigation to decide if they want to invest in any hatchery, to 1. Make sure they are legit, and 2. Decide if it is a profitable move.

This is all just an idea though, please ping me (did I say that right?) if you have anything to tell me. Please please please tell me if I posted this in the wrong forum index (nicely) and where I can relocate.

Thanks everyone! ~Baseball10
@Baseball10
Technically it's possible, in that there's nothing truly preventing you from doing so, but I'd say you'd probably have a very hard time finding someone who will allow you to have that much control over things like expansions and pairs, or is willing to share the profits, especially since the dragon market is very rough to begin with and most dragons simply don't sell due to the wide range of dragon tastes, the number of buyers, and the limited amount of lair space.

Hatcheries don't really look for investors, so you'd have to offer the service yourself, and the culture on the site simply isn't really set up to handle that kind of thing because it just... doesn't happen and never really has, not on any kind of scale that makes it common in any way.

You can definitely try it, but be prepared for a lot of resistance to the idea and declined offers, and make sure not to randomly approach people and try to solicit it. That's considered very rude, especially if you're trying to "own" part of their business.
@Baseball10
Technically it's possible, in that there's nothing truly preventing you from doing so, but I'd say you'd probably have a very hard time finding someone who will allow you to have that much control over things like expansions and pairs, or is willing to share the profits, especially since the dragon market is very rough to begin with and most dragons simply don't sell due to the wide range of dragon tastes, the number of buyers, and the limited amount of lair space.

Hatcheries don't really look for investors, so you'd have to offer the service yourself, and the culture on the site simply isn't really set up to handle that kind of thing because it just... doesn't happen and never really has, not on any kind of scale that makes it common in any way.

You can definitely try it, but be prepared for a lot of resistance to the idea and declined offers, and make sure not to randomly approach people and try to solicit it. That's considered very rude, especially if you're trying to "own" part of their business.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin
Thank you very much! This is exactly the type of answer I needed, thank you for responding and spending your time on my forum. Have a good rest of your day and may the Arcanist guide you.
@Tserin
Thank you very much! This is exactly the type of answer I needed, thank you for responding and spending your time on my forum. Have a good rest of your day and may the Arcanist guide you.
@Baseball10
Also worth mentioning since you brought them up, but hatcheries are almost never directly profitable. There are two exceptions:

- People who are very market savvy, are willing to spend large amounts on popular/gem genes, and have a healthy dose of luck in guessing that people will like what they are selling

- People who don't spend on genes at all, sell a few dragons and make money from profit-exalting the rest

The first type are extremely rare and tend to be well-established older players who are very familiar with the market. The second type don't need funds in the first place.

There are things that are worth investing in (like popular cycling items) but player ventures are unlikely to be one of them!

@Baseball10
Also worth mentioning since you brought them up, but hatcheries are almost never directly profitable. There are two exceptions:

- People who are very market savvy, are willing to spend large amounts on popular/gem genes, and have a healthy dose of luck in guessing that people will like what they are selling

- People who don't spend on genes at all, sell a few dragons and make money from profit-exalting the rest

The first type are extremely rare and tend to be well-established older players who are very familiar with the market. The second type don't need funds in the first place.

There are things that are worth investing in (like popular cycling items) but player ventures are unlikely to be one of them!

jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus
Thank you for your response. Good to know about the genes. Have a good rest of your day and may the Arcanist guide you.
@Vendrus
Thank you for your response. Good to know about the genes. Have a good rest of your day and may the Arcanist guide you.