Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much are you willing to spend?
1 2 3 4 5 6
What is the most you've ever spent on a dragon and did you find them worth it? I always see the 100+gem and 200,000+treasure and I think, 'They are absolutely beautiful, but I would probably feel guilty spending that much money after they were purchased.' And I'm not saying dragons aren't worth it, I'm just quite a bit of a penny pincher.

Side Note: I also hope I posted this in the right place????
What is the most you've ever spent on a dragon and did you find them worth it? I always see the 100+gem and 200,000+treasure and I think, 'They are absolutely beautiful, but I would probably feel guilty spending that much money after they were purchased.' And I'm not saying dragons aren't worth it, I'm just quite a bit of a penny pincher.

Side Note: I also hope I posted this in the right place????
AJPegmp.png
I don't know how much of a limit I actually have, but if it's something I really want and I don't find the price ridiculous, I will do it. Sometimes I'll wait a little bit to see if the price goes down, but honestly I don't mind paying a high price.

I can't remember the one I spent the most on, but I know I spent 160kt on my dragon Aldll on the front page of my lair, probably because she was a hatchery dragon at the time. Definitely worth it, I love her so much.

I feel like I've spent more on dragons (themselves, if you count apparel/familiar/accent costs I've spent a ton on individuals.), but I cannot remember who.
I don't know how much of a limit I actually have, but if it's something I really want and I don't find the price ridiculous, I will do it. Sometimes I'll wait a little bit to see if the price goes down, but honestly I don't mind paying a high price.

I can't remember the one I spent the most on, but I know I spent 160kt on my dragon Aldll on the front page of my lair, probably because she was a hatchery dragon at the time. Definitely worth it, I love her so much.

I feel like I've spent more on dragons (themselves, if you count apparel/familiar/accent costs I've spent a ton on individuals.), but I cannot remember who.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Personally I don't like spending a lot on dragons, especially sense theirs minimum lairspace, and I like focusing/spoiling the ones I already have. Of course there are some special occasions, but usually I don't like spending any more than 100kt.
Personally I don't like spending a lot on dragons, especially sense theirs minimum lairspace, and I like focusing/spoiling the ones I already have. Of course there are some special occasions, but usually I don't like spending any more than 100kt.
*She/her
*Gen1 lover
*Talk to me about music, art,
books, and history! I'd love to chat!
MVU2bgM.png
For ordinary dragons, I'm fine paying up to 500k or so, but that's if they've got new gem genes and stunning colours. For special dragons (like G1's, low digits, etc), the most I've spent (so far) was 10kg for a 5 digit.
For ordinary dragons, I'm fine paying up to 500k or so, but that's if they've got new gem genes and stunning colours. For special dragons (like G1's, low digits, etc), the most I've spent (so far) was 10kg for a 5 digit.
If I'm on the hunt for a dragon with particular colours (usually for my breeding projects), I'm willing to spend any amount. Usually though 200kT/g for one dragon is my max.

The most expensive dragon I've every bought cost me ~320kT. It was a sand Skink, peach Butterfly, turquoise Contour female Skydancer whom I named Oasis. A very rare colour combo back then and still is now. As far as I know, only two hatcheries have breedings pairs in that range and both pairs are related somewhere in their ancestry.

I resold her for a lot less to make room for other projects, but she was with me for about a year and a half and I greatly enjoyed having her in my lair. Worth is always going to be subjective; imo as long as a dragon makes you happy, that's all that matters.
If I'm on the hunt for a dragon with particular colours (usually for my breeding projects), I'm willing to spend any amount. Usually though 200kT/g for one dragon is my max.

The most expensive dragon I've every bought cost me ~320kT. It was a sand Skink, peach Butterfly, turquoise Contour female Skydancer whom I named Oasis. A very rare colour combo back then and still is now. As far as I know, only two hatcheries have breedings pairs in that range and both pairs are related somewhere in their ancestry.

I resold her for a lot less to make room for other projects, but she was with me for about a year and a half and I greatly enjoyed having her in my lair. Worth is always going to be subjective; imo as long as a dragon makes you happy, that's all that matters.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I bought a 550g dragon two weeks ago and 116g accent for him.

No regrets.
I bought a 550g dragon two weeks ago and 116g accent for him.

No regrets.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1250g on a gen one auction
1250g on a gen one auction
I pay a lot for dragons... I know I’ve paid 500gems for many dragons..
Like Cleo I can clearly remember spending 500gems for her and I’m sure I’ve spent that much on many of my other dragons, just today I bought 92gems worth of 2 dragons. And Lunarin and Sakura were given different genes which is very expensive..

Although the more I spend on a dragon the less likely I am to resell it or exalt it later.
I pay a lot for dragons... I know I’ve paid 500gems for many dragons..
Like Cleo I can clearly remember spending 500gems for her and I’m sure I’ve spent that much on many of my other dragons, just today I bought 92gems worth of 2 dragons. And Lunarin and Sakura were given different genes which is very expensive..

Although the more I spend on a dragon the less likely I am to resell it or exalt it later.
4xTBSTZ.png
17,600g

She's still worth every gem.

For breeding projects I'm willing to spend up to about 2k gems if it saves me from having to buy a bunch of gem gene scrolls but old dragons...it depends on the dragon.
17,600g

She's still worth every gem.

For breeding projects I'm willing to spend up to about 2k gems if it saves me from having to buy a bunch of gem gene scrolls but old dragons...it depends on the dragon.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I've paid 400g for a dragon and had regret it dearly. I ended up selling him for about as much as I spent on him to get my gems back, and didn't regret that.
I've paid 400g for a dragon and had regret it dearly. I ended up selling him for about as much as I spent on him to get my gems back, and didn't regret that.
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6