Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Idea: "Village" of Your Clan
1 2
I was thinking of having an option where you can see your clan as an actual 3-dimensional place that exists in Sornieth. By default, your clan would get a nesting area, a hoard, a bestiary and a lair. Each of these would be represented as clickable "buildings/structures". It would make your clan resemble the old look of the Trading Post.

You would have an option of buying extra buildings or prettying up your existing buildings for gems/treasure.

What do you think?
I was thinking of having an option where you can see your clan as an actual 3-dimensional place that exists in Sornieth. By default, your clan would get a nesting area, a hoard, a bestiary and a lair. Each of these would be represented as clickable "buildings/structures". It would make your clan resemble the old look of the Trading Post.

You would have an option of buying extra buildings or prettying up your existing buildings for gems/treasure.

What do you think?
If you have any Sylvan apparel, PLEASE CONTACT ME.
@Webbess10
I don't really see the need, but I think it's a neat idea. Where would it go?
@Webbess10
I don't really see the need, but I think it's a neat idea. Where would it go?
qruiRvb.png
@smallibird

There is no need, but sometimes I feel like I would like to see what my clan actually looks like from above in the meatspace of Sornieth. As for where it would go, under Clan you would have a link called something like "Clan View."
@smallibird

There is no need, but sometimes I feel like I would like to see what my clan actually looks like from above in the meatspace of Sornieth. As for where it would go, under Clan you would have a link called something like "Clan View."
If you have any Sylvan apparel, PLEASE CONTACT ME.
it is an intriguing idea! I thought you wanted to place it on the official map and I was very confused
it is an intriguing idea! I thought you wanted to place it on the official map and I was very confused
qruiRvb.png
Honestly? No support.

1. While customizable houses could be nice, honestly I havent' seen a game yet that does it well.

2. This would potentially be very disappointing to a LOT of people when they are limited to a default 'flight themed' lair and they can't change it, or it doesn't look the way they imagined their lair would look.

3. This could get messy VERY quickly, depending on how it is done. Dragons are 2d. ARe they going to be represented in the lair should someone visit? What about familiars in the bestiary? Or would it just be the 'buildings' that are 3d and nothing else is shown?

4. How would the lair expansions work or buying the extra nests work? Would we see just one 'lair' for our lair, no matter how many expansions, or would we have multiple lairs. Would we only see one nest or multiple ones?

5. Last, unless there were a LOT of options available, it would get very boring, at least to me. Each clan would look pretty much exactly the same as the previous one, especially once they have bought all the 'expansions' to the 3d view they can. This would mean a HUGE amount of work, for something that few people would potentially use.
Honestly? No support.

1. While customizable houses could be nice, honestly I havent' seen a game yet that does it well.

2. This would potentially be very disappointing to a LOT of people when they are limited to a default 'flight themed' lair and they can't change it, or it doesn't look the way they imagined their lair would look.

3. This could get messy VERY quickly, depending on how it is done. Dragons are 2d. ARe they going to be represented in the lair should someone visit? What about familiars in the bestiary? Or would it just be the 'buildings' that are 3d and nothing else is shown?

4. How would the lair expansions work or buying the extra nests work? Would we see just one 'lair' for our lair, no matter how many expansions, or would we have multiple lairs. Would we only see one nest or multiple ones?

5. Last, unless there were a LOT of options available, it would get very boring, at least to me. Each clan would look pretty much exactly the same as the previous one, especially once they have bought all the 'expansions' to the 3d view they can. This would mean a HUGE amount of work, for something that few people would potentially use.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I tend to dislike "pay to build up your city" type things ;;
I tend to dislike "pay to build up your city" type things ;;
I'm never going to support anything rendered in 3D on this site unless they decide to start making and selling dragon figurines, plushies, or other tangible merchandise. The artwork of this game is beautiful and 2D; this isn't a 3D game.
I'm never going to support anything rendered in 3D on this site unless they decide to start making and selling dragon figurines, plushies, or other tangible merchandise. The artwork of this game is beautiful and 2D; this isn't a 3D game.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
I like this idea in theory, but I know it would never look anything like my lore and that makes me pretty sad, actually. My lore isn't even on the excessively detailed/complicated/outlandish side (there are some fantastically creative lore setups out there), and it would still be difficult for me to be represented. My lair is a huge, crumbling manor house with a series of overgrown greenhouses out back that's been turned into an outpost and a hub for illegal trading. Still, I don't think I'd be represented in this idea, even though my lore fits pretty neatly into canon. I just can't support this idea in its current state. :-/
I like this idea in theory, but I know it would never look anything like my lore and that makes me pretty sad, actually. My lore isn't even on the excessively detailed/complicated/outlandish side (there are some fantastically creative lore setups out there), and it would still be difficult for me to be represented. My lair is a huge, crumbling manor house with a series of overgrown greenhouses out back that's been turned into an outpost and a hub for illegal trading. Still, I don't think I'd be represented in this idea, even though my lore fits pretty neatly into canon. I just can't support this idea in its current state. :-/
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
No support. This would mean that canonically all dragons live in houses and village type social structures. Which does NOT seem to be the case lorewise and it would also be a very limited feature regarding the much more diverse playerlore.

If you want this draw a map and houses of your village.
No support. This would mean that canonically all dragons live in houses and village type social structures. Which does NOT seem to be the case lorewise and it would also be a very limited feature regarding the much more diverse playerlore.

If you want this draw a map and houses of your village.
There are a lot of features that break canon. The staff breaks their own canon all the time. (Skydancer and Tundra eating fish in a BotE story, Tripp is fluent in sarcasm etc.) If it were optional, then people who didn't feel these villages accurately represent their clans could simply opt out.

I agree "no 3D" but the OP also said that it would look like the old TP, so I don't think 3D was meant to be taken literally? I don't know, but if it looked like the old TP I could get behind that.

That being said, I have no idea how to decorate it without either sacrificing even more customizability or turning it into a cheap-looking paper-doll toy.
There are a lot of features that break canon. The staff breaks their own canon all the time. (Skydancer and Tundra eating fish in a BotE story, Tripp is fluent in sarcasm etc.) If it were optional, then people who didn't feel these villages accurately represent their clans could simply opt out.

I agree "no 3D" but the OP also said that it would look like the old TP, so I don't think 3D was meant to be taken literally? I don't know, but if it looked like the old TP I could get behind that.

That being said, I have no idea how to decorate it without either sacrificing even more customizability or turning it into a cheap-looking paper-doll toy.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
1 2