Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Need Advice for Breeding/Geneing
Hello! I've been playing FR for some time now, but I've never gotten into breeding/gene stuff until now. I was messing around in the Scrying Workshop when I wound up making a dragon I'd love to own. [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbmACgbW0AAzEpJ.jpg[/img] From what I understand, I'm going to need two mirror dragons with similar colors/genes and breed them in hopes of getting my dream dragon? I'm super new to this, I've only ever bred my dragons to sell until now. Basically, I just want to know if the "make similar dragons mate until you get it" strategy is what you do, or if there's other methods/steps? Sorry to bother, and thank you!
Hello! I've been playing FR for some time now, but I've never gotten into breeding/gene stuff until now. I was messing around in the Scrying Workshop when I wound up making a dragon I'd love to own.

DbmACgbW0AAzEpJ.jpg

From what I understand, I'm going to need two mirror dragons with similar colors/genes and breed them in hopes of getting my dream dragon? I'm super new to this, I've only ever bred my dragons to sell until now.

Basically, I just want to know if the "make similar dragons mate until you get it" strategy is what you do, or if there's other methods/steps? Sorry to bother, and thank you!
@samid11

That's basically it. You could also try searching the Auction House for dragons with those specific colors and then just buy a breed change scroll to use on it afterwards. :3
@samid11

That's basically it. You could also try searching the Auction House for dragons with those specific colors and then just buy a breed change scroll to use on it afterwards. :3

» She/Her | FR + 3
» Nature Dom Team
» Pings encouraged!
» Discord: myrtana.
»'Wishlist'|'AvatarxDragon
- - - - - Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
-
-
-
@samid11

You might also want to take a look at breeding rarities. Colors are a random range between the parents colors (e.g. an all maize and an all white dragon would have babies with maize, cream, antique, or white.)

But some genes and breeds inherit more commonly than others. For instance, if you bred a mirror that has all basic genes with a coatl that has iridescent, shimmer, and circuit, almost all of the time you'd get all-basic mirrors. If you don't feel like buying gene scrolls, or you can only find one parent that looks like the dragon you want (but there's a similar dragon with higher gene and breed rarities), this can make your life way easier.

There's a guide on gene and breed inheritance here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1584487
@samid11

You might also want to take a look at breeding rarities. Colors are a random range between the parents colors (e.g. an all maize and an all white dragon would have babies with maize, cream, antique, or white.)

But some genes and breeds inherit more commonly than others. For instance, if you bred a mirror that has all basic genes with a coatl that has iridescent, shimmer, and circuit, almost all of the time you'd get all-basic mirrors. If you don't feel like buying gene scrolls, or you can only find one parent that looks like the dragon you want (but there's a similar dragon with higher gene and breed rarities), this can make your life way easier.

There's a guide on gene and breed inheritance here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1584487
@Anukai @Kasael

Thank you guys so much! I'll look into this ASAP!
@Anukai @Kasael

Thank you guys so much! I'll look into this ASAP!