Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bidding in Auction House
1 2
I have played other games with Auction Houses, and they all seem to have two things in common that this game does not.

They allow bids
They allow 1, 3, 6, and 12-hour Auctions

Personally, I think this would be a great addition to the Auction House, especially for me. I don't know the price ranges of specific genes, familiars, items, etc. so I've been setting things that I think should sell well really high on the first day. This causes me to sometimes take a week to sell something. If I was able to place it on Bidding Auction, I could set it up and let others bid on it based on what they believe/know it to be worth.
I have played other games with Auction Houses, and they all seem to have two things in common that this game does not.

They allow bids
They allow 1, 3, 6, and 12-hour Auctions

Personally, I think this would be a great addition to the Auction House, especially for me. I don't know the price ranges of specific genes, familiars, items, etc. so I've been setting things that I think should sell well really high on the first day. This causes me to sometimes take a week to sell something. If I was able to place it on Bidding Auction, I could set it up and let others bid on it based on what they believe/know it to be worth.
~FallenAngel~
No support for it being in the Auction house.

What I would support is a completely separate mechanic in a completely separate area of the site.

I hate auctions. When I go to buy something, I want it RIGHT NOW, not 1 day in the future, with me having to sit over it, if it is a good deal, like a vulture trying to make sure I get it, nor do I want to have to try to get in last minute bids etc... I also don't want to pay the usually over priced 'autobuy' prices that I have seen some auctions set so I can get the item right now.

As for not knowing what the item is worth, that is why I would also want a 'Lowest LAH' or Average lowest AH price function in the AH as well, that way I don't have to keep two tabs open to check the lowest price on the AH for each and every item.
No support for it being in the Auction house.

What I would support is a completely separate mechanic in a completely separate area of the site.

I hate auctions. When I go to buy something, I want it RIGHT NOW, not 1 day in the future, with me having to sit over it, if it is a good deal, like a vulture trying to make sure I get it, nor do I want to have to try to get in last minute bids etc... I also don't want to pay the usually over priced 'autobuy' prices that I have seen some auctions set so I can get the item right now.

As for not knowing what the item is worth, that is why I would also want a 'Lowest LAH' or Average lowest AH price function in the AH as well, that way I don't have to keep two tabs open to check the lowest price on the AH for each and every item.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support under conditions

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • The seller can set a minimum bid. If none is specified, it's buyout only. A buyout price has to be specified.
  • Bids cannot be withdrawn. The money you've bid is reserved until you're either outbid, or the auction is bought out or the auction gets cancelled.
  • Auctions can still be revoked without penalty if a bid is placed on them. The bidder will be reimbursed. There'll be a cooldown of 3 hours on placing new auctions if an auction with a placed bid is cancelled. This cooldown does not stack.
Support under conditions

• The seller can set a minimum bid. If none is specified, it's buyout only. A buyout price has to be specified.
  • Bids cannot be withdrawn. The money you've bid is reserved until you're either outbid, or the auction is bought out or the auction gets cancelled.
  • Auctions can still be revoked without penalty if a bid is placed on them. The bidder will be reimbursed. There'll be a cooldown of 3 hours on placing new auctions if an auction with a placed bid is cancelled. This cooldown does not stack.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
[quote name="Ettanin" date=2017-05-27 08:25:00] Support under conditions Tentative under the following conditions: The seller can set a minimum bid. If none is specified, it's buyout only. A buyout price has to be specified. Bids cannot be withdrawn. The money you've bid is reserved until you're either outbid, or the auction is bought out or the auction gets cancelled. Auctions can still be revoked without penalty if a bid is placed on them. The bidder will be reimbursed. There'll be a cooldown of 3 hours if an auction with a placed bid is cancelled. This cooldown does not stack. [/quote] I agree, especially with the first two. But honestly, I could go for actual auctions. I always thought it was weird that we couldn't since it's called the "Auction" House. I don't see why not :D
Ettanin wrote on 2017-05-27:
Support under conditions

The seller can set a minimum bid. If none is specified, it's buyout only. A buyout price has to be specified.
Bids cannot be withdrawn. The money you've bid is reserved until you're either outbid, or the auction is bought out or the auction gets cancelled.
Auctions can still be revoked without penalty if a bid is placed on them. The bidder will be reimbursed. There'll be a cooldown of 3 hours if an auction with a placed bid is cancelled. This cooldown does not stack.

I agree, especially with the first two. But honestly, I could go for actual auctions. I always thought it was weird that we couldn't since it's called the "Auction" House. I don't see why not :D
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
Support, but I agree with Ettanin.

There should also be a anti-snipe period or something. It would need some fine details and working out the chinks, but it could be a fun thing to do.
Support, but I agree with Ettanin.

There should also be a anti-snipe period or something. It would need some fine details and working out the chinks, but it could be a fun thing to do.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
No support if it's on the auction house. If I want food or a material, I want that now. I could also imagine people putting money into a bid for something they need but getting sniped last minute. And if it was for dragons, I pity the sniper since people will get mad.

The only way i could see this working is if auctions had their own feature. Other than that you risk too many fights or agrivisions.
No support if it's on the auction house. If I want food or a material, I want that now. I could also imagine people putting money into a bid for something they need but getting sniped last minute. And if it was for dragons, I pity the sniper since people will get mad.

The only way i could see this working is if auctions had their own feature. Other than that you risk too many fights or agrivisions.
bEY99am.gif
All the stars seem so far gone
~He/him
~FR+3

Replace by the fading of the dawn
Only if this is NOT in the AH. As Jemadar said: If I want to buy something I usually have my reasons to want it at that moment. Not in a day or week. I also don't want to browse the AH for nice dragons and then find one just to see its not a normal auction but one where I have to bid - which is a no go for buying dragons for me.

If there is a auctionfeature it would also have the restrictions Ettanin mentioned: Minimum bid, no withdrawl of bids, cooldown on cancelled auctions (though only on auctions that do not have bids placed yet). Adittionally the standart procedures should be featured: Minimum increasments, snipe guard and maybe a automatic bidder info if the bidder checks a box (I.e. the usual 'you have been outbid' messages)
Only if this is NOT in the AH. As Jemadar said: If I want to buy something I usually have my reasons to want it at that moment. Not in a day or week. I also don't want to browse the AH for nice dragons and then find one just to see its not a normal auction but one where I have to bid - which is a no go for buying dragons for me.

If there is a auctionfeature it would also have the restrictions Ettanin mentioned: Minimum bid, no withdrawl of bids, cooldown on cancelled auctions (though only on auctions that do not have bids placed yet). Adittionally the standart procedures should be featured: Minimum increasments, snipe guard and maybe a automatic bidder info if the bidder checks a box (I.e. the usual 'you have been outbid' messages)
No support and the main reason is it flat out wouldn't be used. On World of Warcraft, one of the largest MMO's in existance, you can set up for bid auctions. 99.9% of the time, people don't bother and just go for the buyout price. For the buyer, it's a pain to keep up with actual auction. For the seller, they want to know what they are going to get for their items. The items that do get bid on are typically the rare high priced ones and the minimum is always at the low market value. Would it really matter if a Light Sprite were up for acual auction with a minimum of say 40k gems. Ooh somebody might bit it to 41k. For commodity items, nobody would bother at all.
No support and the main reason is it flat out wouldn't be used. On World of Warcraft, one of the largest MMO's in existance, you can set up for bid auctions. 99.9% of the time, people don't bother and just go for the buyout price. For the buyer, it's a pain to keep up with actual auction. For the seller, they want to know what they are going to get for their items. The items that do get bid on are typically the rare high priced ones and the minimum is always at the low market value. Would it really matter if a Light Sprite were up for acual auction with a minimum of say 40k gems. Ooh somebody might bit it to 41k. For commodity items, nobody would bother at all.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I'm a breeder of mini deities, and I want as many gems as I can get from a dragon. I agree with everyone else, but possibly rename the ORIGINAL Auction House to something else. The only problem I can see with thatd' be the confusion.
I'm a breeder of mini deities, and I want as many gems as I can get from a dragon. I agree with everyone else, but possibly rename the ORIGINAL Auction House to something else. The only problem I can see with thatd' be the confusion.
Home of the Deity Dragons. Check out my lair for more!
[quote name="Ygdrasill" date=2017-05-27 12:26:19] No support and the main reason is it flat out wouldn't be used. On World of Warcraft, one of the largest MMO's in existance, you can set up for bid auctions. 99.9% of the time, people don't bother and just go for the buyout price. For the buyer, it's a pain to keep up with actual auction. For the seller, they want to know what they are going to get for their items. The items that do get bid on are typically the rare high priced ones and the minimum is always at the low market value. Would it really matter if a Light Sprite were up for acual auction with a minimum of say 40k gems. Ooh somebody might bit it to 41k. For commodity items, nobody would bother at all. [/quote] OK, but Flight Rising is not an MMO. Not everything here has a set price. Some things are subjective, like dragons. Or to phrase it another way, by that logic, the Auctions forum would never be used either. But it is, every day. That being said, I would only support the Auction feature being used for dragons. It really would be a pain to scroll through all the "Starting bids on my eggs are 250kt!" when I can just buy an egg outright for that price. XD
Ygdrasill wrote on 2017-05-27:

OK, but Flight Rising is not an MMO. Not everything here has a set price. Some things are subjective, like dragons.

Or to phrase it another way, by that logic, the Auctions forum would never be used either. But it is, every day.

That being said, I would only support the Auction feature being used for dragons. It really would be a pain to scroll through all the "Starting bids on my eggs are 250kt!" when I can just buy an egg outright for that price. XD
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
1 2