Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55
This? This is excellent. The post itself, the news, the second post which links to mod responses in-thread, the planned new ways to keep the community informed...

This is beautiful, and needed, and wonderful, and I want to thank everyone behind the scenes for listening to us and taking action here. You have no idea how happy I was to read this,
This? This is excellent. The post itself, the news, the second post which links to mod responses in-thread, the planned new ways to keep the community informed...

This is beautiful, and needed, and wonderful, and I want to thank everyone behind the scenes for listening to us and taking action here. You have no idea how happy I was to read this,
Been away for like 5 years, just sliding back into it now.

Q4qOD.gifQMBQi.gifX3NdI.gifXtsnB.gifIUWtx.gifvq3ZZ.gif
Ahhh vipera and hypnotic look awesome *o*
Ahhh vipera and hypnotic look awesome *o*
FpTzG7k.png accent shop
@Sheba Now that I look at it, it would be a lot better as a tertiary (though with the white fill still intact).

They probably should of explained that better when they did the survey. I thought it was either coloured tertiary or white-filled primary/secondary.

Also wish they could preview more than just one dragon type...
@Sheba Now that I look at it, it would be a lot better as a tertiary (though with the white fill still intact).

They probably should of explained that better when they did the survey. I thought it was either coloured tertiary or white-filled primary/secondary.

Also wish they could preview more than just one dragon type...
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
OH MY GOD, PIEBALD! YESS! AND THE OTHERS ARE AMAZING, OH MY GOD

YESSSS

YISSSSS

ALL OF MY YASSS
OH MY GOD, PIEBALD! YESS! AND THE OTHERS ARE AMAZING, OH MY GOD

YESSSS

YISSSSS

ALL OF MY YASSS
doomsdayhatcherybanner.gif
vnjBc.gif 9acNc.gif gjtDe.gif OuzKQ.gif mrbTg.gif WHqtv.gif 7lM6o.gif wnOMv.gif
Yay, good job and can't wait!
Yay, good job and can't wait!
Up, up, up and away!
Aw, I had hoped it would be a tertiary so that I could actually use it. White piebald doesn't even make any sense....
Oh well, it looks awesome anyway :)
Aw, I had hoped it would be a tertiary so that I could actually use it. White piebald doesn't even make any sense....
Oh well, it looks awesome anyway :)
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Im in love with that genes
Im in love with that genes
17539_s.gif
Viperia and Hypnotic are so cool, holy heck!!!! Can't wait to FILL MY LAIR WITH THEM
Viperia and Hypnotic are so cool, holy heck!!!! Can't wait to FILL MY LAIR WITH THEM
2qwnfcg.jpg
[quote name="Yunimori" date="2015-03-12 15:53:58"]....after reading through this thread, I have to wonder/ask: HOW many people actually know what "piebald" [i]is[/i]? The gene is called piebald. It makes sense that it is non-coloured (e.g. stark white) splotches of skin/scales, because that is what piebald IS in real life. Not a muted/darker re-colour of what is already there. Such things like that are called "Calico" or "Tortoiseshell" or even simply "Gradient". Piebald = white splotches that have no patterning. [/quote] While yes, piebald refers to unpigmented and pigmented splotches, it is commonly defined as white and black splotches. So skewbald would be a better name, as it is used for when it is white and another colour. Personally, neither option really fit the name, but since okapi was done differently to what okapis look like, I don't see why it matters if people prefer a variation that isn't 100% correct. It doesn't automatically mean they do not understand the definition of a word.
Yunimori wrote on 2015-03-12 15:53:58:
....after reading through this thread, I have to wonder/ask: HOW many people actually know what "piebald" is?

The gene is called piebald. It makes sense that it is non-coloured (e.g. stark white) splotches of skin/scales, because that is what piebald IS in real life. Not a muted/darker re-colour of what is already there. Such things like that are called "Calico" or "Tortoiseshell" or even simply "Gradient".

Piebald = white splotches that have no patterning.

While yes, piebald refers to unpigmented and pigmented splotches, it is commonly defined as white and black splotches. So skewbald would be a better name, as it is used for when it is white and another colour. Personally, neither option really fit the name, but since okapi was done differently to what okapis look like, I don't see why it matters if people prefer a variation that isn't 100% correct. It doesn't automatically mean they do not understand the definition of a word.
CK1QM1M.png91069659.png91292986.png91366580.png91366581.png91366582.png
WHEEEEE so my sister called RainbowMoonstone's feature. She totally called it. Weeks ago. SHE HAS DATED PROOF IN LOGS ON SKYPE.

Does she get a cookie for this?
WHEEEEE so my sister called RainbowMoonstone's feature. She totally called it. Weeks ago. SHE HAS DATED PROOF IN LOGS ON SKYPE.

Does she get a cookie for this?
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 55