Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Welcome Back!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
So very happy to be back. Thanks you guys for all your hard work
So very happy to be back. Thanks you guys for all your hard work
Gaiaonline = SpaceDadDisapproves / Wajas = #31003
I'm glad to have the game back, don't get me wrong, but I would have thought the servers could handle this load. I mean, that's what the whole move was for, right? I'm not going to rant and rave, but you had an entire week to do this.

Also, I have several friends who still can't access the site, one of them has tried everything she can think of (clearing her cache, flush DNS, emptying cookies, even using a different device) and she still can't get on.

Also also, I'm sure these are wonderful items, but why would I want gene removal scrolls? I only have one gened dragon in the first place. The hedgie is cute though. I don't want to sound awful, but I was really hoping for something better for the "Hey, sorry the site was down for a week, thanks for being patient, here's some stuff" package. I know, weird.

I also already tried posting this once and got an error, losing the post. So this one is a bit snippier than the one I was going to post. GJ.
I'm glad to have the game back, don't get me wrong, but I would have thought the servers could handle this load. I mean, that's what the whole move was for, right? I'm not going to rant and rave, but you had an entire week to do this.

Also, I have several friends who still can't access the site, one of them has tried everything she can think of (clearing her cache, flush DNS, emptying cookies, even using a different device) and she still can't get on.

Also also, I'm sure these are wonderful items, but why would I want gene removal scrolls? I only have one gened dragon in the first place. The hedgie is cute though. I don't want to sound awful, but I was really hoping for something better for the "Hey, sorry the site was down for a week, thanks for being patient, here's some stuff" package. I know, weird.

I also already tried posting this once and got an error, losing the post. So this one is a bit snippier than the one I was going to post. GJ.
[quote name="FerusDomina" date="2013-08-12 10:43:06"]I'm glad to have the game back, don't get me wrong, but I would have thought the servers could handle this load. I mean, that's what the whole move was for, right? I'm not going to rant and rave, but you had an entire week to do this. Also, I have several friends who still can't access the site, one of them has tried everything she can think of (clearing her cache, flush DNS, emptying cookies, even using a different device) and she [i]still[/i] can't get on. Also also, I'm sure these are wonderful items, but why would I want gene removal scrolls? I only have one gened dragon in the first place. The hedgie is cute though. I don't want to sound awful, but I was really hoping for something better for the "Hey, sorry the site was down for a week, thanks for being patient, here's some stuff" package. I know, weird. I also already tried posting this once and got an error, losing the post. So this one is a bit snippier than the one I was going to post. GJ.[/quote] These are all completely valid feelings for you to have. Please know that while we did not anticipate these issues would arise, we'll continue to dedicate our work to ensure they are resolved. Thanks for the reply.
FerusDomina wrote on 2013-08-12 10:43:06:

These are all completely valid feelings for you to have. Please know that while we did not anticipate these issues would arise, we'll continue to dedicate our work to ensure they are resolved. Thanks for the reply.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Xhaztol @Undel @Akiri

There's currently an issue where gem purchases through PayPal aren't registering or giving gems. Could we maybe get a news post on that so people stop trying to buy them and ticketing y'all?
@Xhaztol @Undel @Akiri

There's currently an issue where gem purchases through PayPal aren't registering or giving gems. Could we maybe get a news post on that so people stop trying to buy them and ticketing y'all?

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this site; and I know that webdesign and programming is nothing you can easily predict, as the thing isn't under real conditions, but it's so frustrating that I can't do anything on here right now X_x

I can't even earn those last 30k for a PC Scroll, and I won't be able to earn something for my Skydancer :C
I know it's not like the scrolls are limited, but yeah, we all love those feathery dragons already and I am impatient spoiled thing xD

Of course nobody is really progressing at this point, unless they're selling their dragons, or art, but still.

I really hoped we could get an unhatched dragon egg or even a random scroll, cause not being able to work on a site you just found is really unnerving.

And yes, I have a real life, and actually I was pretty busy last week but yeah xD

You should have made this site less appealing liek rly.
I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this site; and I know that webdesign and programming is nothing you can easily predict, as the thing isn't under real conditions, but it's so frustrating that I can't do anything on here right now X_x

I can't even earn those last 30k for a PC Scroll, and I won't be able to earn something for my Skydancer :C
I know it's not like the scrolls are limited, but yeah, we all love those feathery dragons already and I am impatient spoiled thing xD

Of course nobody is really progressing at this point, unless they're selling their dragons, or art, but still.

I really hoped we could get an unhatched dragon egg or even a random scroll, cause not being able to work on a site you just found is really unnerving.

And yes, I have a real life, and actually I was pretty busy last week but yeah xD

You should have made this site less appealing liek rly.

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
@KahluaLiqueur
Oh no, I would be so upset if my cooldowns had been affected like that! D: I have heard multiple other users saying they have the same issue - one more reason why I'm really, really disappointed in the unhelpful "care package" that was sent out.

On your off topic comment: thank you! ;w; She may be a 'common' breed, but she's my favorite in my whole lair. I love her to pieces.

@Xhaztol
Considering the extensive downtime, all the new lag issues, and the lack of time in which we could have earned treasure, will there be any consideration for additional compensation? Many, many users have clogged up lairs and nesting grounds right now because of these problems. 20k gold isn't enough for me to buy so much as 1 single lair expansion. :/
@KahluaLiqueur
Oh no, I would be so upset if my cooldowns had been affected like that! D: I have heard multiple other users saying they have the same issue - one more reason why I'm really, really disappointed in the unhelpful "care package" that was sent out.

On your off topic comment: thank you! ;w; She may be a 'common' breed, but she's my favorite in my whole lair. I love her to pieces.

@Xhaztol
Considering the extensive downtime, all the new lag issues, and the lack of time in which we could have earned treasure, will there be any consideration for additional compensation? Many, many users have clogged up lairs and nesting grounds right now because of these problems. 20k gold isn't enough for me to buy so much as 1 single lair expansion. :/
108e6o2.jpg
I really love that the site is back and truly appreciate the crazy work and thought processes that have to go into coding this site. You guys are so cool and awesome for bringing this site to life!
However, I am getting fed up with it not working, not even nearly as good as it was before. It's getting worse too. The site was running okay for me before the emergency downtime (except for runes and the occasional lag spike). It was a bit laggy last night when it opened, but nothing compared to now. Last night I was able to post my dragons on the AH and do the usual gathering, familiars, messages, and so on. Now, I keep getting heavy load messages, other error messages, and "-" when I try to post on the AH or bond with my familiars (which I have slowly, very slowly been doing all day). I can get the "Are you sure..." message sometimes and then it gives the waiting symbol or simply "-" and does not post my auction.
Thanks for putting up with all our grumbliness.
I really love that the site is back and truly appreciate the crazy work and thought processes that have to go into coding this site. You guys are so cool and awesome for bringing this site to life!
However, I am getting fed up with it not working, not even nearly as good as it was before. It's getting worse too. The site was running okay for me before the emergency downtime (except for runes and the occasional lag spike). It was a bit laggy last night when it opened, but nothing compared to now. Last night I was able to post my dragons on the AH and do the usual gathering, familiars, messages, and so on. Now, I keep getting heavy load messages, other error messages, and "-" when I try to post on the AH or bond with my familiars (which I have slowly, very slowly been doing all day). I can get the "Are you sure..." message sometimes and then it gives the waiting symbol or simply "-" and does not post my auction.
Thanks for putting up with all our grumbliness.
I won't lie or sugarcoat, I am fairly disappointed that this is how the site is behaving, even after a week of downtime and testing. I was really looking forward to jumping back in this week and enjoying the game! Though I guess the site's behavior while ten or so people tested it wouldn't be nearly the same as its behavior while over 1500 are online.

However, as usual, you admin are being very dedicated and are still working hard. I applaud you for that. And just can't wait until the site goes back to normal. I am indeed enjoying my Albino Hedgehog. :^)
I won't lie or sugarcoat, I am fairly disappointed that this is how the site is behaving, even after a week of downtime and testing. I was really looking forward to jumping back in this week and enjoying the game! Though I guess the site's behavior while ten or so people tested it wouldn't be nearly the same as its behavior while over 1500 are online.

However, as usual, you admin are being very dedicated and are still working hard. I applaud you for that. And just can't wait until the site goes back to normal. I am indeed enjoying my Albino Hedgehog. :^)
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing, and I thank you!

My concern is that, somehow, the site is reacting even worse than it was before. In addition to this, I think it was really unnecessary to add in all of those pretty little things(new buttons, light-up text on the menu bar, etc) because I've been having more problems with those things than anything else-- it seems like the reaction time for clicking on the ~PRETTY NEW~ buttons lags the pages even more.

I can understand you guys want the site to look as nice as possible, but can you please leave the unbroken stuff alone until you get the actual biggest problem(user lag) fixed?

Edit: adding in that a friend mentioned maybe the new buttons were to help with the weird loading codes or whatever to me, and maybe I'm misunderstanding this. But it doesn't seem to be helping at all...
I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing, and I thank you!

My concern is that, somehow, the site is reacting even worse than it was before. In addition to this, I think it was really unnecessary to add in all of those pretty little things(new buttons, light-up text on the menu bar, etc) because I've been having more problems with those things than anything else-- it seems like the reaction time for clicking on the ~PRETTY NEW~ buttons lags the pages even more.

I can understand you guys want the site to look as nice as possible, but can you please leave the unbroken stuff alone until you get the actual biggest problem(user lag) fixed?

Edit: adding in that a friend mentioned maybe the new buttons were to help with the weird loading codes or whatever to me, and maybe I'm misunderstanding this. But it doesn't seem to be helping at all...
YAY!!!! IT'S BACK! I've been waiting forever, thank you!
YAY!!!! IT'S BACK! I've been waiting forever, thank you!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15