Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | hermaphrodite Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm sure I'm going to get jumped, but No Support.
This is kinda the same as same sex breedings for me. LGBT doesn't bother me. People are allowed to be how ever they were born or how they feel. I support them and all, but I simply can not see this working for Fight Rising.

There is no real reason for hermaphrodite dragons or same sex breeding on this game. If they did implement it, all it would look like is a "HEY ;D LOOK AT THESE. WE DID THIS FOR NO REASON EXCEPT FOR US TO LOOK MORE ACCEPTING THAN OTHER PET SITES". While that's just fine and dandy, it doesn't help the site any and seems like a major kiss up, which can cause more harm than good. The site can still be supportive of the LGBT community without implementing these things by doing things like.. I dunno.. taking serious action against harassment towards the users that may be of that community, adding something in the TOS (if it's not already. It's too early for my to want to go check) about being respectful of people's sexuality and all that, or like.. I dunno.. Make a NPC that might be LGBT. Something simple. Anything extreme is just going feel forced and might even come out as offensive.

Again, I'm not trying to say I'm against the LGBT community, because that is not the case. And I know that it may seem like something great if something major was added to kinda give a shoutout to the community.. But It really just seems unneeded and forced.

EDIT: Wrote out the full and proper term instead of just Herm so no one jumps down my throat. Got pretty nervous reading the rest of the thread. Pretty sure no one was trying to be offensive.. But hngh. Better safe than sorry I guess.
I'm sure I'm going to get jumped, but No Support.
This is kinda the same as same sex breedings for me. LGBT doesn't bother me. People are allowed to be how ever they were born or how they feel. I support them and all, but I simply can not see this working for Fight Rising.

There is no real reason for hermaphrodite dragons or same sex breeding on this game. If they did implement it, all it would look like is a "HEY ;D LOOK AT THESE. WE DID THIS FOR NO REASON EXCEPT FOR US TO LOOK MORE ACCEPTING THAN OTHER PET SITES". While that's just fine and dandy, it doesn't help the site any and seems like a major kiss up, which can cause more harm than good. The site can still be supportive of the LGBT community without implementing these things by doing things like.. I dunno.. taking serious action against harassment towards the users that may be of that community, adding something in the TOS (if it's not already. It's too early for my to want to go check) about being respectful of people's sexuality and all that, or like.. I dunno.. Make a NPC that might be LGBT. Something simple. Anything extreme is just going feel forced and might even come out as offensive.

Again, I'm not trying to say I'm against the LGBT community, because that is not the case. And I know that it may seem like something great if something major was added to kinda give a shoutout to the community.. But It really just seems unneeded and forced.

EDIT: Wrote out the full and proper term instead of just Herm so no one jumps down my throat. Got pretty nervous reading the rest of the thread. Pretty sure no one was trying to be offensive.. But hngh. Better safe than sorry I guess.
TOW2n3q.png
No support. In addition to what everyone else has said, what would happen to a dragon that gets breed changed to the hermaphrodite breed, or vice versa? If they randomly get assigned a gender when being changed to a gendered breed, it'd be a way to change a dragon's sex (albeit expensive).

If you want to show your LGTB support with dragons, make a rainbow dragon.
No support. In addition to what everyone else has said, what would happen to a dragon that gets breed changed to the hermaphrodite breed, or vice versa? If they randomly get assigned a gender when being changed to a gendered breed, it'd be a way to change a dragon's sex (albeit expensive).

If you want to show your LGTB support with dragons, make a rainbow dragon.
No support. First of all, would it involve massive amounts of code, art, and overall site changes, which just isn't realistic to do. Secondly, as others have pointed out, the term hermaphrodite applies to animals which have a certain set-up of sexual organs. It has nothing to do with humans and the biology of being intersex. And speaking as a non-binary person, I just find it overall to be a dumb and frankly disgusting idea. There's nothing preventing you from giving any dragon a back-story, biography, apparel, skins, etc. to make it appear trans* [or some other identity from the LGBT+ realm] if that's what you want. To lighten this up a bit, here's my personal FR tribute to trans* people; her name is Pride. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9409716] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/94098/9409716_350.png[/img] [/url]
No support.

First of all, would it involve massive amounts of code, art, and overall site changes, which just isn't realistic to do.

Secondly, as others have pointed out, the term hermaphrodite applies to animals which have a certain set-up of sexual organs. It has nothing to do with humans and the biology of being intersex.

And speaking as a non-binary person, I just find it overall to be a dumb and frankly disgusting idea. There's nothing preventing you from giving any dragon a back-story, biography, apparel, skins, etc. to make it appear trans* [or some other identity from the LGBT+ realm] if that's what you want.

To lighten this up a bit, here's my personal FR tribute to trans* people; her name is Pride.

9409716_350.png
i see everyone is close mind to this idea but that is okay whit me but game needs new stuff like took them a bit get new dragon breed and seem everyone turns down new ideas before people get speak if would stop stepping on ideas might get more new stuff i am sorry say i am very disposition see some of the comments on here like change is what makes world better place and the internet needs it too like why are we so closed minded to different stuff is because it is so intimidated of thought of change is bad or is because it makes us uncomfortable.
i see everyone is close mind to this idea but that is okay whit me but game needs new stuff like took them a bit get new dragon breed and seem everyone turns down new ideas before people get speak if would stop stepping on ideas might get more new stuff i am sorry say i am very disposition see some of the comments on here like change is what makes world better place and the internet needs it too like why are we so closed minded to different stuff is because it is so intimidated of thought of change is bad or is because it makes us uncomfortable.
@Elventin
I agree that we need new things in this game, and those are being worked on.
However, people are not disagreeing with you because they are afraid of change. They have listed very valid reasons, and you are the one choosing not to listen and consider what is being said.
@Elventin
I agree that we need new things in this game, and those are being worked on.
However, people are not disagreeing with you because they are afraid of change. They have listed very valid reasons, and you are the one choosing not to listen and consider what is being said.
tumblr_og952mGjFx1vzfkcno1_75sq.giftumblr_ogb7llWAAL1vzfkcno1_100.giftumblr_og96j2sxWa1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
[quote name="Elventin" date="2015-02-11 10:02:14"]DragonSage it would help LGBT [b]because it would show who is bias and Heterosexual and this is a good way to see who is against gays[/b] like what whitestorm said shows truly what gay people go throw on daily basis. and on top that note i am very sorry if used wrong words hope no one is upset by it if so i am very sorry[/quote] @Elventin I don't quite understand what you mean here, can you please elaborate? Do you mean if someone didn't have this dragon species in their lair, it would somehow mean they're against LGBT rights? Nobody's saying your ideas are inherently wrong, nor are they close-minded just because they disagree with you. The admins have said before that they didn't want to add a sex-change scroll since it would be a huge short-cut to breeding, which is the core mechanic of the game. Think of Pokemon, and how trivial it is to breed anything if you have a Ditto. It's kind of like that. You can still include those attributes in their lair profiles/etc, but it just can't act as both sexes as far as the game mechanics are concerned.
Elventin wrote on 2015-02-11 10:02:14:
DragonSage it would help LGBT
because it would show who is bias and Heterosexual and this is a good way to see who is against gays like what whitestorm said shows truly what gay people go throw on daily basis.

and on top that note i am very sorry if used wrong words hope no one is upset by it if so i am very sorry
@Elventin
I don't quite understand what you mean here, can you please elaborate?
Do you mean if someone didn't have this dragon species in their lair, it would somehow mean they're against LGBT rights?

Nobody's saying your ideas are inherently wrong, nor are they close-minded just because they disagree with you. The admins have said before that they didn't want to add a sex-change scroll since it would be a huge short-cut to breeding, which is the core mechanic of the game. Think of Pokemon, and how trivial it is to breed anything if you have a Ditto. It's kind of like that.
You can still include those attributes in their lair profiles/etc, but it just can't act as both sexes as far as the game mechanics are concerned.

+2 FR time (Central)
[quote name="Mewten" date="2015-02-11 12:00:50"][quote name="Elventin" date="2015-02-11 10:02:14"]DragonSage it would help LGBT [b]because it would show who is bias and Heterosexual and this is a good way to see who is against gays[/b] like what whitestorm said shows truly what gay people go throw on daily basis. and on top that note i am very sorry if used wrong words hope no one is upset by it if so i am very sorry[/quote] @Elventin I don't quite understand what you mean here, can you please elaborate? Do you mean if someone didn't have this dragon species in their lair, it would somehow mean they're against LGBT rights? Nobody's saying your ideas are inherently wrong, nor are they close-minded just because they disagree with you. The admins have said before that they didn't want to add a sex-change scroll since it would be a huge short-cut to breeding, which is the core mechanic of the game. Think of Pokemon, and how trivial it is to breed anything if you have a Ditto. It's kind of like that. You can still include those attributes in their lair profiles/etc, but it just can't act as both sexes as far as the game mechanics are concerned.[/quote] what i am getting at is if staff look at this witch they will and show them how people are like world is not a nice place any more an nether is internet this why i said what did but bring in lot more people and show lot for this game like same sex breeding would be nice or inersex breed would be nice see people are saying it's to late when it is not making most silly excuses for game creator and artist and not letting them speak so ya i get lot work do code but if they put this much times in to game then they can do anything they put thier minds to and same whit us but if people are not will to do that then and throw arms up in the air like kid dose stuff gets tough or change cuz it scares or makes us uncomfortable
Mewten wrote on 2015-02-11 12:00:50:
Elventin wrote on 2015-02-11 10:02:14:
DragonSage it would help LGBT
because it would show who is bias and Heterosexual and this is a good way to see who is against gays like what whitestorm said shows truly what gay people go throw on daily basis.

and on top that note i am very sorry if used wrong words hope no one is upset by it if so i am very sorry
@Elventin
I don't quite understand what you mean here, can you please elaborate?
Do you mean if someone didn't have this dragon species in their lair, it would somehow mean they're against LGBT rights?

Nobody's saying your ideas are inherently wrong, nor are they close-minded just because they disagree with you. The admins have said before that they didn't want to add a sex-change scroll since it would be a huge short-cut to breeding, which is the core mechanic of the game. Think of Pokemon, and how trivial it is to breed anything if you have a Ditto. It's kind of like that.
You can still include those attributes in their lair profiles/etc, but it just can't act as both sexes as far as the game mechanics are concerned.
what i am getting at is if staff look at this witch they will and show them how people are like world is not a nice place any more an nether is internet this why i said what did but bring in lot more people and show lot for this game like same sex breeding would be nice or inersex breed would be nice see people are saying it's to late when it is not making most silly excuses for game creator and artist and not letting them speak so ya i get lot work do code but if they put this much times in to game then they can do anything they put thier minds to and same whit us but if people are not will to do that then and throw arms up in the air like kid dose stuff gets tough or change cuz it scares or makes us uncomfortable
Did someone say hermaphrodite? I've got two dragons who, in my clan lore are hermaphrodites: [b]Moth[/b]:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6662451] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/66625/6662451_350.png[/img] [/url] who I really need to use a name change scroll on once I think of a better name for and [b]Hellebore[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3043892] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30439/3043892_350.png[/img] [/url] who is probably one of my favorite dragons ever. What can I say, I'm from Plague Flight and as such the most highly regarded dragons in my clan tend to be abnormal in one way or another. Of course since I don't support same sex breeding or gender change scrolls on this site people tend to think I'm a bigot. Heck, I once was told not to ever use the term hermaphrodite to describe any living thing ever because of how offensive it is, which of course only makes me more adamant in my use of it. So back on topic, while I'd love there to be hermaphrodite dragons I do not support a new breed that possesses the trait or any measures being taken to implement it as a trait for existing breeds. Also, from the discussion here it looks like there are people who would like this to be used to start some sort of a witch-hunt or something, which bothers me. I mean look at Hellebore and Moth, someone could be offended by their appearance and biology and then I'd get in trouble despite the fact that it's clear that they're important to me and something I take seriously. I wouldn't have spent as much treasure and gems on them if I didn't like them.
Did someone say hermaphrodite? I've got two dragons who, in my clan lore are hermaphrodites:

Moth:
6662451_350.png
who I really need to use a name change scroll on once I think of a better name for

and

Hellebore:
3043892_350.png
who is probably one of my favorite dragons ever.

What can I say, I'm from Plague Flight and as such the most highly regarded dragons in my clan tend to be abnormal in one way or another. Of course since I don't support same sex breeding or gender change scrolls on this site people tend to think I'm a bigot. Heck, I once was told not to ever use the term hermaphrodite to describe any living thing ever because of how offensive it is, which of course only makes me more adamant in my use of it.

So back on topic, while I'd love there to be hermaphrodite dragons I do not support a new breed that possesses the trait or any measures being taken to implement it as a trait for existing breeds. Also, from the discussion here it looks like there are people who would like this to be used to start some sort of a witch-hunt or something, which bothers me. I mean look at Hellebore and Moth, someone could be offended by their appearance and biology and then I'd get in trouble despite the fact that it's clear that they're important to me and something I take seriously. I wouldn't have spent as much treasure and gems on them if I didn't like them.
The thing is, messing with game mechanics isn't necessarily an excuse - it's a legitimate issue. When you create a game, you typically have an idea of what the mechanics are going to be, and that's what you advertise - World of Warcraft will always be an RPG, for instance. If Blizzard were to suddenly change WoW to something completely different, people would be really upset.

Obviously, a pet site wouldn't necessarily be changed on quite that scale, but it's still a balancing act of what mechanics can be changed after opening, and what necessarily shouldn't be changed. Expressing why something won't work isn't people stepping on an idea or making excuses, it is opening up discussions on why something wouldn't work and whether or not the idea can be altered to fit into the game.
The thing is, messing with game mechanics isn't necessarily an excuse - it's a legitimate issue. When you create a game, you typically have an idea of what the mechanics are going to be, and that's what you advertise - World of Warcraft will always be an RPG, for instance. If Blizzard were to suddenly change WoW to something completely different, people would be really upset.

Obviously, a pet site wouldn't necessarily be changed on quite that scale, but it's still a balancing act of what mechanics can be changed after opening, and what necessarily shouldn't be changed. Expressing why something won't work isn't people stepping on an idea or making excuses, it is opening up discussions on why something wouldn't work and whether or not the idea can be altered to fit into the game.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
@Elventin
And have you taken a second to consider that they aren't excuses, but their genuine opinion? I have nothing against the idea of a hermaphrodite breed, but it isn't possible due to the coding of the game. If at some point in the future there is a huge coding overhaul(which we need, for multiple reasons) then that could be a possibility.
But just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean it's an excuse.
No one is stopping you from posting your suggestions, but we are allowed to disagree with your idea
Or support it, if we thought it was a good idea.
Ultimately, it's the admins who make the decision, so we could disagree all we want but it would be implemented if that is the direction the admins chose to go.
I'm not sure what you mean by people 'picking and choosing', unless you mean that people will support one idea but not another? If that is the case, OF COURSE THEY DO. Some ideas are practical, some are not.
At the moment this one is not, it could be in the future(though your reasoning behind it is not).
In regards to people being banned because of forum posts?
If you break the TOS, you have the possibility of being banned. You agreed to those conditons when you signed up
@Elventin
And have you taken a second to consider that they aren't excuses, but their genuine opinion? I have nothing against the idea of a hermaphrodite breed, but it isn't possible due to the coding of the game. If at some point in the future there is a huge coding overhaul(which we need, for multiple reasons) then that could be a possibility.
But just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean it's an excuse.
No one is stopping you from posting your suggestions, but we are allowed to disagree with your idea
Or support it, if we thought it was a good idea.
Ultimately, it's the admins who make the decision, so we could disagree all we want but it would be implemented if that is the direction the admins chose to go.
I'm not sure what you mean by people 'picking and choosing', unless you mean that people will support one idea but not another? If that is the case, OF COURSE THEY DO. Some ideas are practical, some are not.
At the moment this one is not, it could be in the future(though your reasoning behind it is not).
In regards to people being banned because of forum posts?
If you break the TOS, you have the possibility of being banned. You agreed to those conditons when you signed up
tumblr_og952mGjFx1vzfkcno1_75sq.giftumblr_ogb7llWAAL1vzfkcno1_100.giftumblr_og96j2sxWa1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6