Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | hermaphrodite Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
i think this could actually be cool,

just not with dragons.

maybe with fish or slug familiars? in the little description it could read something along the lines of: "this species has no male or female, resulting is a massive population boom."
i think this could actually be cool,

just not with dragons.

maybe with fish or slug familiars? in the little description it could read something along the lines of: "this species has no male or female, resulting is a massive population boom."
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
@Teeka intersex. the word you're looking for is I N T E R S E X. it applies i ASSURE you.

and i suggest the topic be deleted bc not only is everyone using h*rm, etc, it could easily attract bigots. i was not calling people here a bigot
@Teeka intersex. the word you're looking for is I N T E R S E X. it applies i ASSURE you.

and i suggest the topic be deleted bc not only is everyone using h*rm, etc, it could easily attract bigots. i was not calling people here a bigot
@whitestorm

no but you were calling people 'gross' and 'disgusting'

lol
@whitestorm

no but you were calling people 'gross' and 'disgusting'

lol
@Teenwolf lmao yea i was, because right on the wiki page op listed it describes those words as not often being used for humans (sentient beings, like our dragons).

when you deal with this slur being thrown at you then you can laugh when people refuse to stop using it for 'scientific accuracy'
@Teenwolf lmao yea i was, because right on the wiki page op listed it describes those words as not often being used for humans (sentient beings, like our dragons).

when you deal with this slur being thrown at you then you can laugh when people refuse to stop using it for 'scientific accuracy'
@whitestorm

Intersex does not imply possessing two distinct sets of reproductive attributes. It implies an intermediate state (such as a juvenile clownfish) or indistinct/ ambiguous anatomy or a non-functional nature. I'm looking for a term for an entity that is fully functional in the biological sense.

Also, if bigots come and do bigoted things they will be suspended or banned. We shouldn't be afraid to talk just because someone who might violate the ToS might come by and read what we post. By that logic we shouldn't make threads at all, lest someone with an unsavory viewpoint on anything at all come by and speak their mind.
@whitestorm

Intersex does not imply possessing two distinct sets of reproductive attributes. It implies an intermediate state (such as a juvenile clownfish) or indistinct/ ambiguous anatomy or a non-functional nature. I'm looking for a term for an entity that is fully functional in the biological sense.

Also, if bigots come and do bigoted things they will be suspended or banned. We shouldn't be afraid to talk just because someone who might violate the ToS might come by and read what we post. By that logic we shouldn't make threads at all, lest someone with an unsavory viewpoint on anything at all come by and speak their mind.
@whitestorm
um

i've had slurs thrown at me my whole life. i'm not unexposed to that kind of stuff. and i'm not laughing at you directly.

seriously, no one is saying the word to be offensive, i dont think. if it offends you then you can tell them without calling them disgusting and gross c;

i literally didn't know that word was offensive
@whitestorm
um

i've had slurs thrown at me my whole life. i'm not unexposed to that kind of stuff. and i'm not laughing at you directly.

seriously, no one is saying the word to be offensive, i dont think. if it offends you then you can tell them without calling them disgusting and gross c;

i literally didn't know that word was offensive
@Teenwolf
It's only offensive when people are using it to deliberately be offensive, though people who don't understand biology may find it offensive because they don't fully grasp the biological strategy the word is being used to describe.
@Teenwolf
It's only offensive when people are using it to deliberately be offensive, though people who don't understand biology may find it offensive because they don't fully grasp the biological strategy the word is being used to describe.
@Teeka does it seriously matter? you would rather be scientifically accurate? like, intersex works just as well. everyone would know.

@Teenwolf people say other words without 'meaning to be offensive', but its still offensive. once again it says right on op's link that its considered offensive. i think y'all can handle being called gross.
@Teeka does it seriously matter? you would rather be scientifically accurate? like, intersex works just as well. everyone would know.

@Teenwolf people say other words without 'meaning to be offensive', but its still offensive. once again it says right on op's link that its considered offensive. i think y'all can handle being called gross.
Having a hermaphrodite dragon of any kind has nothing to do with lgbt rights. A hermaphrodite would have fully functioning male and female reproductive systems, this happens in some animals but not in people.

While having herm dragons would be interesting there isn't any real reason for it.
Having a hermaphrodite dragon of any kind has nothing to do with lgbt rights. A hermaphrodite would have fully functioning male and female reproductive systems, this happens in some animals but not in people.

While having herm dragons would be interesting there isn't any real reason for it.
8JKEk7n.pngfkbAh9Q.pnghLjoHTT.png2newj5x.pngpXT2hkW.pngOVKdziX.pngjvQsx1n.pnguTchD0h.pngyTHu3zV.pngjVzvVIB.pngS1me8yQ.pngBP7yWR4.pngpansexual.gif48705886_4CDSWv8t8ldLGpD.png
the idea of an intersex breed of dragon sounds really need but... it would lead to more problems on-site. like what would happen if the dragon was breed changed? how would breeding work? etc.

honestly, as staff seem to be against the idea of sex change scrolls i doubt this would be added either. no support it's a neat idea, i just dont think it would work very well with the site.
the idea of an intersex breed of dragon sounds really need but... it would lead to more problems on-site. like what would happen if the dragon was breed changed? how would breeding work? etc.

honestly, as staff seem to be against the idea of sex change scrolls i doubt this would be added either. no support it's a neat idea, i just dont think it would work very well with the site.
tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6