Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 442 443 444 445 446 ... 451 452
Man, I'm just bummed that I didn't ever get a Nocturne Scroll. I opened over 1,750 chests and not a single sign of a scroll. And I'm short treasure to buy one off the AH. By the time I earn enough, no doubt the prices would have gone up again. Dangit, I had such big plans...
Man, I'm just bummed that I didn't ever get a Nocturne Scroll. I opened over 1,750 chests and not a single sign of a scroll. And I'm short treasure to buy one off the AH. By the time I earn enough, no doubt the prices would have gone up again. Dangit, I had such big plans...
Is this event going to happen again next year? (will the noc scrolls be avalible again?}
Is this event going to happen again next year? (will the noc scrolls be avalible again?}
WJJUj.gif 9PjZC.gif DjwsW.gif 5Q8YM.gif
They ended up making a new announcement and it was put smack dab at the front so they can't say it's not there. Even explained WHEN exactly they would be disintegrating. I don't think administration 'screwed up'. I just think people don't pay attention.
They ended up making a new announcement and it was put smack dab at the front so they can't say it's not there. Even explained WHEN exactly they would be disintegrating. I don't think administration 'screwed up'. I just think people don't pay attention.
tumblr_nafi5zrY3i1tfzajgo1_500.gif
Well, I ended up doing good.

All the familiars (+ copies of some of them), 5 eggs and a breed change.

I think I might of opened 1500-2000 chests? Not really sure lost count, but I did open a lot. I might of gotten more if I didn't have to work 6 days doing 8-9 hr shifts at work, and coming home to tired to coli, and going right to bed. :c

anyway, I liked this event. It was a game of chance, and a race to get as many Nocs and familiars as I could before it was up.
Well, I ended up doing good.

All the familiars (+ copies of some of them), 5 eggs and a breed change.

I think I might of opened 1500-2000 chests? Not really sure lost count, but I did open a lot. I might of gotten more if I didn't have to work 6 days doing 8-9 hr shifts at work, and coming home to tired to coli, and going right to bed. :c

anyway, I liked this event. It was a game of chance, and a race to get as many Nocs and familiars as I could before it was up.
tumblr_o2ol4b7ha21r8kz72o1_400.png
Well now that the event is over, I feel like it's time to give my overview of the event because people can't pull that wonderful "you can't complain until it's over!" card anymore. I ended up with two bears, one as a gift from a friends, and an egg.

Overall, the event was a mess and incredibly unfun. There were some good concepts, but the drop rates and just how broken absolutely everything is kind of ruined the whole thing for a lot of people. As the staff has made mention of wanting to make this a yearly thing, I really hope they take this as a learning lesson.

Gathering severely needs to be fixed. People with higher digging levels shouldn't be punished just because the chests were put into a pool that higher leveled diggers don't pull from as much.

There needs to be less RNG at work with these chests. With coli, it's RNG find a mimic RNG they even drop a chest RNG you open the chest. If you're going to have an event that focuses so heavily on RNG (especially for a limited time event), you need to make it so that it wasn't such a soul crushing fight with RNG. Maybe a better solution would be to just make it so that less chests dropped but each chest actually had something worthwhile in it other than useless cheap trinkets and one (1) food item worth only 4 fp. That way, at least it isn't an endless process of disappointment when opening the chests.

Speaking of opening the chests, another thing that would have helped people become less frustrated would be if you could open all the chests at once. I can't even imagine people having to open 200+ chests one at a time, only to get trash.

This is just a personal thing, but I also think that scrolls should have dropped more and eggs should have dropped less. There are hundreds of eggs and thousands of new gen 1 nocs, but hardly anyone got scrolls for their dragons that they wanted to change into nocs. And I get that flooding the market with all these ungened dragons would increase gene sales acting as a treasure sink + more reason for people to purchase gems, but there's a point where it becomes excessive. With all these eggs:scroll drop ratios, it really and truly looks to me that the staff cares more about gem sales than their own members. That's honestly how skewed it is.

Besides, treasure sinks are great and all, but treasure sinks introduced by flooding the market with even more dragons when that's already a huge issue? Ehhhhh.

Also, last point, can we please have more events that don't focus so heavily on coli? There are people who can't access coli or don't have hours to spend grinding in coli, and to have an event focused so heavily on it is really unfortunate. Maybe make a fairgrounds game, or something.
Well now that the event is over, I feel like it's time to give my overview of the event because people can't pull that wonderful "you can't complain until it's over!" card anymore. I ended up with two bears, one as a gift from a friends, and an egg.

Overall, the event was a mess and incredibly unfun. There were some good concepts, but the drop rates and just how broken absolutely everything is kind of ruined the whole thing for a lot of people. As the staff has made mention of wanting to make this a yearly thing, I really hope they take this as a learning lesson.

Gathering severely needs to be fixed. People with higher digging levels shouldn't be punished just because the chests were put into a pool that higher leveled diggers don't pull from as much.

There needs to be less RNG at work with these chests. With coli, it's RNG find a mimic RNG they even drop a chest RNG you open the chest. If you're going to have an event that focuses so heavily on RNG (especially for a limited time event), you need to make it so that it wasn't such a soul crushing fight with RNG. Maybe a better solution would be to just make it so that less chests dropped but each chest actually had something worthwhile in it other than useless cheap trinkets and one (1) food item worth only 4 fp. That way, at least it isn't an endless process of disappointment when opening the chests.

Speaking of opening the chests, another thing that would have helped people become less frustrated would be if you could open all the chests at once. I can't even imagine people having to open 200+ chests one at a time, only to get trash.

This is just a personal thing, but I also think that scrolls should have dropped more and eggs should have dropped less. There are hundreds of eggs and thousands of new gen 1 nocs, but hardly anyone got scrolls for their dragons that they wanted to change into nocs. And I get that flooding the market with all these ungened dragons would increase gene sales acting as a treasure sink + more reason for people to purchase gems, but there's a point where it becomes excessive. With all these eggs:scroll drop ratios, it really and truly looks to me that the staff cares more about gem sales than their own members. That's honestly how skewed it is.

Besides, treasure sinks are great and all, but treasure sinks introduced by flooding the market with even more dragons when that's already a huge issue? Ehhhhh.

Also, last point, can we please have more events that don't focus so heavily on coli? There are people who can't access coli or don't have hours to spend grinding in coli, and to have an event focused so heavily on it is really unfortunate. Maybe make a fairgrounds game, or something.
Make this tiny goat a familiar.
Micro Goat
I paid attention and read the original thread and the announcement 3 times yesterday, as well as once when it was first posted. Since I somehow managed to graduate from college with a 4.0 GPA, I think it is safe to assume I have at least a reasonable amount of competency when it comes to reading comprehension--and i still didn't get it.

Even so, if it were just me, I would figure i was the ditz and not say another word. But there are a LOT of people who had the same misunderstanding/ interpretation of the instructions for the event, which tells me this was not clearly communicated, so, yeah, I'm frustrated and annoyed about the 64 unopened chests in my inventory... I am upset at the situation, not at the moderators. But do I think the site should address this as it seems like the post was unclear to a large number of users...
I paid attention and read the original thread and the announcement 3 times yesterday, as well as once when it was first posted. Since I somehow managed to graduate from college with a 4.0 GPA, I think it is safe to assume I have at least a reasonable amount of competency when it comes to reading comprehension--and i still didn't get it.

Even so, if it were just me, I would figure i was the ditz and not say another word. But there are a LOT of people who had the same misunderstanding/ interpretation of the instructions for the event, which tells me this was not clearly communicated, so, yeah, I'm frustrated and annoyed about the 64 unopened chests in my inventory... I am upset at the situation, not at the moderators. But do I think the site should address this as it seems like the post was unclear to a large number of users...
get_back_to_work__by_lynntv-d6qzmy3.gifK2xGjBf.png
Didn't manage to get a Nocturne, but I managed to get nearly twenty familiars (though most of the were copies)

On that note, anyone in need (Or want) of a lavaborne hoax? I got three extra.

EDIT: Hoaxes are all gone to new homes.
Didn't manage to get a Nocturne, but I managed to get nearly twenty familiars (though most of the were copies)

On that note, anyone in need (Or want) of a lavaborne hoax? I got three extra.

EDIT: Hoaxes are all gone to new homes.
I love love love the Nocturnes, but I hope that they also release a new dragon next year too (alongside the Nocturnes). Like maybe a new breed every December. Or maybe they could release more limited breed scrolls? :D

Though I love that I'll be able to get more Gen Ones next year (hopefully).

Crossing my fingers that maybe the nocturne dust turns back into chests next year.
I love love love the Nocturnes, but I hope that they also release a new dragon next year too (alongside the Nocturnes). Like maybe a new breed every December. Or maybe they could release more limited breed scrolls? :D

Though I love that I'll be able to get more Gen Ones next year (hopefully).

Crossing my fingers that maybe the nocturne dust turns back into chests next year.
i think norcturnes will turn common with time cause you all know how everyone will breed them
i think norcturnes will turn common with time cause you all know how everyone will breed them
Well I know not everyone here graduated with a 4.0 and yet there was understanding in the majority. Hmm...

The nocturnes will become very common, once they mature to where they can be bred. I think bringing the event back with nocturnes would be pointless.
Well I know not everyone here graduated with a 4.0 and yet there was understanding in the majority. Hmm...

The nocturnes will become very common, once they mature to where they can be bred. I think bringing the event back with nocturnes would be pointless.
tumblr_nafi5zrY3i1tfzajgo1_500.gif
1 2 ... 442 443 444 445 446 ... 451 452