Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 439 440 441 442 443 ... 451 452
@Windchaser12 respectfully, there have been notifications about the chests disappearing after the event since Day 1.
@Windchaser12 respectfully, there have been notifications about the chests disappearing after the event since Day 1.
I have to give some honest feedback. This event was not fun.

I will say this - finding eggs was cool but consider the following regarding chests.

First - random chance on whether or not the chest mobs (jawlockers and whatnot) would be encountered in the arena.

Second - random chance on whether the mob drops a chest, a dust, or nothing.

Third - random chance on what was in the chest.

I opened hundreds of chests and gave up. This was a completely un-enjoyable event for me and I do not intend to participate next year.
I have to give some honest feedback. This event was not fun.

I will say this - finding eggs was cool but consider the following regarding chests.

First - random chance on whether or not the chest mobs (jawlockers and whatnot) would be encountered in the arena.

Second - random chance on whether the mob drops a chest, a dust, or nothing.

Third - random chance on what was in the chest.

I opened hundreds of chests and gave up. This was a completely un-enjoyable event for me and I do not intend to participate next year.
furry_fiddle.png
Thank god its finally over, I finally can return to merely working on art without fear of not having enough chests XP

Wish I had a piece of dust though. Im a collector of anything I can get on, curses! I thought it was a new item xD Dang

I hope this coming year the drop rates will be adjusted, or perhaps some sort of open all function. I know how hard it would be to code that, but with how totally time consuming obtaining chests only to spend even more time opening them is frustrating

I think my number of chests was around 1600 but I lost track shortly into the event >
Thank god its finally over, I finally can return to merely working on art without fear of not having enough chests XP

Wish I had a piece of dust though. Im a collector of anything I can get on, curses! I thought it was a new item xD Dang

I hope this coming year the drop rates will be adjusted, or perhaps some sort of open all function. I know how hard it would be to code that, but with how totally time consuming obtaining chests only to spend even more time opening them is frustrating

I think my number of chests was around 1600 but I lost track shortly into the event >
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
I opened 2661 chests total.

I got:

0 Scrolls
19 Eggs
Minimum if 53 Familiars

I just wish the odds were more spread out, rather then some players getting nothing, others getting multiples of eggs or scrolls, or some getting multiples of eggs and scrolls.

It just doesn't seem right, or fair.

I would have been happy with one scroll, and a couple of eggs. I kept trying for a scroll and kept getting eggs.

Also if you did not convert or sell the food you got from the chests, you can count how much food you have = how many chests you opened, as the chest gives food at least, at least from what I saw.
I opened 2661 chests total.

I got:

0 Scrolls
19 Eggs
Minimum if 53 Familiars

I just wish the odds were more spread out, rather then some players getting nothing, others getting multiples of eggs or scrolls, or some getting multiples of eggs and scrolls.

It just doesn't seem right, or fair.

I would have been happy with one scroll, and a couple of eggs. I kept trying for a scroll and kept getting eggs.

Also if you did not convert or sell the food you got from the chests, you can count how much food you have = how many chests you opened, as the chest gives food at least, at least from what I saw.
Welp, now that everything's over and done, I feel like I should lay my own 2 cents on the table.

I'm one of the people who thinks the chests should have held more stuff in them at one time. I think I only opened about 300 chests, but opening them and only getting one or two things at a time was kind of disheartening. I didn't really mind the drop rate of the rare items--in the end, I got 7 familiars and 2 eggs, no scroll but I'm still happy with what I got--but the fact that chests usually had a single flounder, or a single leaf insect, didn't really motivate or encourage me much. Especially if I had gotten these chests by grinding in the coliseum for hours. It seemed like all that hard work was for nothing.

I see a lot of people were upset about not getting an egg or a scroll, and I think it has a lot to do with the sparse contents of the chests themselves, to be honest. If you're getting a haul of three or four things per chest, it doesn't seem as disappointing, and there's the illusion that maybe your chances of getting the thing you want will go up with each chest. I mean, picture yourself in real life opening a huge, ominous looking chest, excited about what riches could be inside, and instead finding a single, lonely flounder at the bottom. And then opening another one next to it, only to have the same single fish staring up at you. And then opening ANOTHER one, only to find a single, tiny bug crawling around in it. And then you open 50 MORE of them, with almost the same results. Your heart would sink, your enthusiasm would dry up, and you'd start to feel pretty cranky.
Welp, now that everything's over and done, I feel like I should lay my own 2 cents on the table.

I'm one of the people who thinks the chests should have held more stuff in them at one time. I think I only opened about 300 chests, but opening them and only getting one or two things at a time was kind of disheartening. I didn't really mind the drop rate of the rare items--in the end, I got 7 familiars and 2 eggs, no scroll but I'm still happy with what I got--but the fact that chests usually had a single flounder, or a single leaf insect, didn't really motivate or encourage me much. Especially if I had gotten these chests by grinding in the coliseum for hours. It seemed like all that hard work was for nothing.

I see a lot of people were upset about not getting an egg or a scroll, and I think it has a lot to do with the sparse contents of the chests themselves, to be honest. If you're getting a haul of three or four things per chest, it doesn't seem as disappointing, and there's the illusion that maybe your chances of getting the thing you want will go up with each chest. I mean, picture yourself in real life opening a huge, ominous looking chest, excited about what riches could be inside, and instead finding a single, lonely flounder at the bottom. And then opening another one next to it, only to have the same single fish staring up at you. And then opening ANOTHER one, only to find a single, tiny bug crawling around in it. And then you open 50 MORE of them, with almost the same results. Your heart would sink, your enthusiasm would dry up, and you'd start to feel pretty cranky.
my 2 cents of an opinion:

I found this even frustrating. I can hardly say the random changes were even.
I saw dozen of people who opened less then 100 chest and got multiple eggs, familiars to even scrolls. That the scrolls were more rare, oké, fine and good. But those eggs ...
Even in gathering I can not say I earned a lot. I even had days i had 0 chests!

So I can't really see it as fair, also not when you compare to people who have a fulltime job and a house to take care of, next to those 'nerds' who can spend 20h online fighting in the coliseum.

Also the fact there was only 1 item in it, with luck 2 wasn't really to get high hopes of. I could predict what I would get after a few chests and knew I was just opening to just get random nothing ****.

The only reason I got my nocturne ie because I sold my chest and bought one.
otherwise this event would have resulted in my getting nothing.

Great idea for breed, but introducing them could be better.
Please consider opiniosn and suggestions of your members.
my 2 cents of an opinion:

I found this even frustrating. I can hardly say the random changes were even.
I saw dozen of people who opened less then 100 chest and got multiple eggs, familiars to even scrolls. That the scrolls were more rare, oké, fine and good. But those eggs ...
Even in gathering I can not say I earned a lot. I even had days i had 0 chests!

So I can't really see it as fair, also not when you compare to people who have a fulltime job and a house to take care of, next to those 'nerds' who can spend 20h online fighting in the coliseum.

Also the fact there was only 1 item in it, with luck 2 wasn't really to get high hopes of. I could predict what I would get after a few chests and knew I was just opening to just get random nothing ****.

The only reason I got my nocturne ie because I sold my chest and bought one.
otherwise this event would have resulted in my getting nothing.

Great idea for breed, but introducing them could be better.
Please consider opiniosn and suggestions of your members.
mystiks-plag-banner_zpsaf442ddb.png
FR time + 9
Looking for some nice hatchies? see my hatchery! => http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=1172579
i do have to say i did like the event, i just started playing a few weeks ago and it was a great way to get a lot of money, i might have opened 600 chest and i got 9 eggs and at least 20 familiars. I have played many Online games, and i know whenever something is new the price is crazy, i sold all my nocturnes and for the price i sold one, i was able to buy 3 at the end of the event.

some things i did see a problem with was on day one of the event i was able to dig up 80 chests, on day 2 i was able to dig up 63 chest, on day 3 till the end, i dug up about 10-15 each day. it seemed like the rate was changed to force people to farm for them. this also made the coliseum crash, i noticed that the first few days also had almost every player in the coliseum, and after a few days no one cared anymore because the drop rate was so random.

overall i think it was a good event, but i think some things would have helped more, like a drop from a mimic that would drop when they did not drop a chest, and a drop from a chest when it did not give an egg, something that players could turn in when they gathered enough of them to get an egg, kind of like a good effort prize, because the food and random junk items didn't make any of the players happy to see them.
i do have to say i did like the event, i just started playing a few weeks ago and it was a great way to get a lot of money, i might have opened 600 chest and i got 9 eggs and at least 20 familiars. I have played many Online games, and i know whenever something is new the price is crazy, i sold all my nocturnes and for the price i sold one, i was able to buy 3 at the end of the event.

some things i did see a problem with was on day one of the event i was able to dig up 80 chests, on day 2 i was able to dig up 63 chest, on day 3 till the end, i dug up about 10-15 each day. it seemed like the rate was changed to force people to farm for them. this also made the coliseum crash, i noticed that the first few days also had almost every player in the coliseum, and after a few days no one cared anymore because the drop rate was so random.

overall i think it was a good event, but i think some things would have helped more, like a drop from a mimic that would drop when they did not drop a chest, and a drop from a chest when it did not give an egg, something that players could turn in when they gathered enough of them to get an egg, kind of like a good effort prize, because the food and random junk items didn't make any of the players happy to see them.
My one complaint, I was just..floundering....*couldn't resist anymore*

I would have liked to have seen more definitive detail on the familiar doppelgangers from the start, and a definitive note on if(I assume so) nocturnes would be returning.

The way the post read it was really confusing to tell if the dopplel-bears were only going to be in this year's or not.

Fairly fun little event overall, though like many have said it was indeed frustrating to only have one item over and over, and be unable to open more then a single chest at once.

Side note, am I correct in assuming these guys were meant to be sorta like tinkerer's? Possible little "santa type elves"?
My one complaint, I was just..floundering....*couldn't resist anymore*

I would have liked to have seen more definitive detail on the familiar doppelgangers from the start, and a definitive note on if(I assume so) nocturnes would be returning.

The way the post read it was really confusing to tell if the dopplel-bears were only going to be in this year's or not.

Fairly fun little event overall, though like many have said it was indeed frustrating to only have one item over and over, and be unable to open more then a single chest at once.

Side note, am I correct in assuming these guys were meant to be sorta like tinkerer's? Possible little "santa type elves"?
"is shadowbinder a libertarian", the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked after 442 pages of complaints
"is shadowbinder a libertarian", the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked after 442 pages of complaints
I have all three chest familiars up for trade for any of the following bears

Slumbering
Lava
Sundial
Fungus
Volt

Will also do art for them as well :)
I have all three chest familiars up for trade for any of the following bears

Slumbering
Lava
Sundial
Fungus