Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Can't find any chests while digging?
1 2 3 4
I don't even dig anymore considering that the gathering is kinda... finicky.

I got about 13 chests the first day but after that I just stick to scavenging now, since grinding for chests in the coli is a better alternative.
I don't even dig anymore considering that the gathering is kinda... finicky.

I got about 13 chests the first day but after that I just stick to scavenging now, since grinding for chests in the coli is a better alternative.
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
[quote name="Polymythical" date="2014-12-25 22:15:33"]@Dragonkit The gathering system is broken (it always has been), so the higher in level you are the less likely you are to get chests. If you leveled up between now and a few days ago, that's probably what caused it.[/quote] @Polymythical Are we also less likely to get eggs?
Polymythical wrote on 2014-12-25 22:15:33:
@Dragonkit The gathering system is broken (it always has been), so the higher in level you are the less likely you are to get chests. If you leveled up between now and a few days ago, that's probably what caused it.

@Polymythical
Are we also less likely to get eggs?
25tdzx0.gif
ive been getting at least 10-20 in days previously (im digging lv 14) but today i got four. it definitely seems like something's broken.

Also, ew @ the leveling system being so backwards like that. you'd think you'd get more for higher levels but i guess that would make too much sense.
ive been getting at least 10-20 in days previously (im digging lv 14) but today i got four. it definitely seems like something's broken.

Also, ew @ the leveling system being so backwards like that. you'd think you'd get more for higher levels but i guess that would make too much sense.
             ab
he/they

abkvsfr @ tumblr 
art shop
accent shop
fr +3 
omhx7Jw.png  Hey check out my quest
 to turn this OC into a dragon.

buying f sand/x/beige
I got none today and four yesterday. I haven't levelled up but before that I was consistently getting between 15 to 30 chests. I also had nigh impossible time finding mimics yesterday, to the point where an hour of grinding in the Arena and then another in the kelp beds only netted me 10 chests! >:( My normal training venue is the kelp beds, I have very little trouble with fighting there so my battles don't take longer than a few seconds. :S
I got none today and four yesterday. I haven't levelled up but before that I was consistently getting between 15 to 30 chests. I also had nigh impossible time finding mimics yesterday, to the point where an hour of grinding in the Arena and then another in the kelp beds only netted me 10 chests! >:( My normal training venue is the kelp beds, I have very little trouble with fighting there so my battles don't take longer than a few seconds. :S
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
I didn't get ANY chests today, but i've been level 25 digging for a long time and thus havent leveled at all this event.

What I HAVE noticed, is that during an event like a festival or this, is that chests and currency drop less later on in the week? I think it has a lot less to do with your level and a lot MORE to do with the loot tables being funny the longer the event goes on. Which is extra unfair and the mods need to fix it. :(

I've also heard people having trouble with coli drops too, so it's not just gathering that we're being shafted on. If they want an event to go on for two weeks users need to consistently be able to obtain currency and event items throughout that period, not an average of 40 chests the first three days and then suddenly 0.
I didn't get ANY chests today, but i've been level 25 digging for a long time and thus havent leveled at all this event.

What I HAVE noticed, is that during an event like a festival or this, is that chests and currency drop less later on in the week? I think it has a lot less to do with your level and a lot MORE to do with the loot tables being funny the longer the event goes on. Which is extra unfair and the mods need to fix it. :(

I've also heard people having trouble with coli drops too, so it's not just gathering that we're being shafted on. If they want an event to go on for two weeks users need to consistently be able to obtain currency and event items throughout that period, not an average of 40 chests the first three days and then suddenly 0.
shadow_them.png fz98ib.gif shadow_them.png
I've only gotten two chests from digging today, and it took me an hour just to get a mimic encounter in the Woodland Path. Yesterday, it was five from digging, and consistent mimic encounters with low chest drops.

I hate to complain, but I do think something's going on here....
I've only gotten two chests from digging today, and it took me an hour just to get a mimic encounter in the Woodland Path. Yesterday, it was five from digging, and consistent mimic encounters with low chest drops.

I hate to complain, but I do think something's going on here....
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
I barely play FR, and only took out time to play for the sake of this event. On the first two days, I was literally swimming in chests at level 10, and nabbed several familiars and one egg during that time. I progressively got less and less chests, since the item pool gets larger with level. I'm only level 13 now, and today I dug up a grand total of 5 chests. 5. Man, I can only imagine how hard it is at level 25, seeing that those are the people getting nothing. How broken...
I barely play FR, and only took out time to play for the sake of this event. On the first two days, I was literally swimming in chests at level 10, and nabbed several familiars and one egg during that time. I progressively got less and less chests, since the item pool gets larger with level. I'm only level 13 now, and today I dug up a grand total of 5 chests. 5. Man, I can only imagine how hard it is at level 25, seeing that those are the people getting nothing. How broken...
33yoyzs.gif
[quote name="MoonOcarina" date="2014-12-25 22:32:56"]The reason u get less at a higher lv is because at a higher level u have a larger item pool making it harder and harder just to get 1 thing[/quote] I think this is true. Considering the chests are rare, and also that they are available to all levele of scavenge/digging, your chances may actually go DOWN the higher your level is. This might actually be intentional to help newbs out since they can't find as valuable items (value being relative) and to be fair, it's pretty much free stuff, all you have to do is click and not pay. As for my experience, my first fews days at a lower level I got about 20 chests each day and the third or so I got a noc egg. days after that when i leveled a couple times I still got 30 chests and then one day I got 5. RDS means you are literally rolling a dice each time. If a newbie has a 20 sided dice, a level 20 digger has a 100 sided dice. Of these two, a newbie has WAY higher chance of getting a 1-15 number than the person rolling an 100 sided dice! I took about 3 statistic classes in college, so I guess this just makes sense to me? I'm not sure why people say it is broken, unless there is another reason.
MoonOcarina wrote on 2014-12-25 22:32:56:
The reason u get less at a higher lv is because at a higher level u have a larger item pool making it harder and harder just to get 1 thing

I think this is true. Considering the chests are rare, and also that they are available to all levele of scavenge/digging, your chances may actually go DOWN the higher your level is. This might actually be intentional to help newbs out since they can't find as valuable items (value being relative) and to be fair, it's pretty much free stuff, all you have to do is click and not pay.

As for my experience, my first fews days at a lower level I got about 20 chests each day and the third or so I got a noc egg. days after that when i leveled a couple times I still got 30 chests and then one day I got 5. RDS means you are literally rolling a dice each time. If a newbie has a 20 sided dice, a level 20 digger has a 100 sided dice. Of these two, a newbie has WAY higher chance of getting a 1-15 number than the person rolling an 100 sided dice!

I took about 3 statistic classes in college, so I guess this just makes sense to me? I'm not sure why people say it is broken, unless there is another reason.
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
1 2 3 4