Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 592 593
fake java update has been plaguing our family of three players for two days. It actually hijacks the page and redirects to the fake site and downloads something with no action taken. We have good firewalls and other protections but this one is Flight Rising specific. It has nothing to do with oracle or java. It is just called javaupdates.com
fake java update has been plaguing our family of three players for two days. It actually hijacks the page and redirects to the fake site and downloads something with no action taken. We have good firewalls and other protections but this one is Flight Rising specific. It has nothing to do with oracle or java. It is just called javaupdates.com
TzfAhH6.png
@Undel

It happened once more after I left the forum, but it seems to have stopped for the moment.
Thanks for your time and effort!
@Undel

It happened once more after I left the forum, but it seems to have stopped for the moment.
Thanks for your time and effort!
javaupdates is now blocked as well. Thank you.

For everyone reporting, the information we need is url, screenshots, or an ad name that you remember to be able to block.
javaupdates is now blocked as well. Thank you.

For everyone reporting, the information we need is url, screenshots, or an ad name that you remember to be able to block.
I've had it a couple of times today on both Opera and Chrome! My browser stops me from seeing the page at all, so I can't get a screenshot of which ads may have been present, but the attempted redirect has been to downloadflashupgradenow (.) com

I've installed adblock plus on opera and that's stopped it for the time being, but obviously I'd rather not be taking away from the site's revenue with a blocker. For what little it's worth, adblock plus does at least have an allowance for less intrusive ads, so I may at least be able to view some of them.
I've had it a couple of times today on both Opera and Chrome! My browser stops me from seeing the page at all, so I can't get a screenshot of which ads may have been present, but the attempted redirect has been to downloadflashupgradenow (.) com

I've installed adblock plus on opera and that's stopped it for the time being, but obviously I'd rather not be taking away from the site's revenue with a blocker. For what little it's worth, adblock plus does at least have an allowance for less intrusive ads, so I may at least be able to view some of them.
@Undel

I came across the fake Java update thing as well, it redirected me to browserdown(.)com
@Undel

I came across the fake Java update thing as well, it redirected me to browserdown(.)com
Jinx They/Them
wpEE9mo.png
Hey. I got another one of those javaupdatesnow.com redirects. It doesn't give me time to do a screen shot because it immediately pops me into that other site. :(
Hey. I got another one of those javaupdatesnow.com redirects. It doesn't give me time to do a screen shot because it immediately pops me into that other site. :(
I keep being redirected to javaupgrades.com and browserdownloadnow.com
I keep being redirected to javaupgrades.com and browserdownloadnow.com
my_banner1_by_fixed_dot_dice-d9izgrt.jpg
I'm your follower in the light,
Yet I'm invisible in the night.
At various sizes I appear,
I won't harm you, have no fear.
699.Pots150.FixeddotDice_zpsx6o5jen6.png my_banner2_by_fixed_dot_dice-d9iz56q.png
I thought everything was cool and I immediately got one that sent me to flashplayerupgrades.com again. Also had no time for a screenshot, the redirect happens as soon as the ad loads. Gonna do a scan just in case.
I thought everything was cool and I immediately got one that sent me to flashplayerupgrades.com again. Also had no time for a screenshot, the redirect happens as soon as the ad loads. Gonna do a scan just in case.
Yep me too, same thing as before. I'm on a page and click to go to another and wham, I'm automatically redirected to the other spot. ;( /www.browserdown this time too.
Yep me too, same thing as before. I'm on a page and click to go to another and wham, I'm automatically redirected to the other spot. ;( /www.browserdown this time too.
+1 to the above about the fake Java thing. I had to turn AdBlock back on for the site to even get to the forum to report because every single time I tried to go somewhere, it redirected me to that site. Of course, then when I turned it back off to try to get any screencaps for you, it now is not redirecting me.

But iirc, the URL it directed me to was javaupdatesnow.com
+1 to the above about the fake Java thing. I had to turn AdBlock back on for the site to even get to the forum to report because every single time I tried to go somewhere, it redirected me to that site. Of course, then when I turned it back off to try to get any screencaps for you, it now is not redirecting me.

But iirc, the URL it directed me to was javaupdatesnow.com
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 592 593