Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Individual Color Changing Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No support.
It would just make things too easy. It would suck the fun of breeding your dream dragon! :p
No support.
It would just make things too easy. It would suck the fun of breeding your dream dragon! :p
tumblr_nsbv5dnHtl1s9h74lo1_500.png
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-10-26 06:49:11"]No support as it removes a lot of the challenge from the game.It would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.[/quote] I think Flight Rising is challenging enough as it is. Even if it had that it would STILL be a challenging game. Honestly I think FR is more difficult than it should be.
DragonSage wrote on 2014-10-26 06:49:11:
No support as it removes a lot of the challenge from the game.It would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.

I think Flight Rising is challenging enough as it is. Even if it had that it would STILL be a challenging game. Honestly I think FR is more difficult than it should be.
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-10-13 17:57:03"]Specifically for the progen, that has been discussed here http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1067159[/quote] No support. It takes away the challenge of trying to breed your dream combo, rather than just scoot the variables around. @CyberFae Also are you kidding? That's a beautiful combo with pretty much any gene!
gemajgall wrote on 2014-10-13 17:57:03:
Specifically for the progen, that has been discussed here http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1067159

No support. It takes away the challenge of trying to breed your dream combo, rather than just scoot the variables around.

@CyberFae Also are you kidding? That's a beautiful combo with pretty much any gene!
tumblr_inline_nc4ytpZfRy1rk4tp1.gif
No support.
No support.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
No support for the reasons already stated.
No support for the reasons already stated.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2014-10-26 09:33:57"]No support. Your progen is not meant to be a dream dragon. It's the first step to build your clan.[/quote] Disagree. We originally couldn't even exalt our progens, so they were intended to be kept forever. The admins have said they made the tertiary random because they thought it would be confusing for us to choose a color we couldn't see, which has nothing to do with whether they intended it to be a dream dragon or not. I think their reasoning was flawed. For example, my progen is Avocado/Jungle. Had I been warned that even thought I couldn't see it during the creation process, the tertiary color could be brought out later, I would've chosen a similar color in the green range or possibly even Avocado or Jungle again so I'd know it matched. It's not like I would have said "Welp, this is confusing. I can't see the tertiary now, so I'd better choose something totally random and unrelated to my green scheme. Yep, Magenta it is." It's just kind of silly that this very special first ever dragon that we get to custom create, will in most cases never get to wear a tertiary gene. It's just needlessly restrictive. So, I very much support a Tertiary Scatterscroll for custom progens only. Not the random one.
Sopheroo wrote on 2014-10-26 09:33:57:
No support.

Your progen is not meant to be a dream dragon. It's the first step to build your clan.

Disagree. We originally couldn't even exalt our progens, so they were intended to be kept forever.

The admins have said they made the tertiary random because they thought it would be confusing for us to choose a color we couldn't see, which has nothing to do with whether they intended it to be a dream dragon or not.

I think their reasoning was flawed. For example, my progen is Avocado/Jungle. Had I been warned that even thought I couldn't see it during the creation process, the tertiary color could be brought out later, I would've chosen a similar color in the green range or possibly even Avocado or Jungle again so I'd know it matched.

It's not like I would have said "Welp, this is confusing. I can't see the tertiary now, so I'd better choose something totally random and unrelated to my green scheme. Yep, Magenta it is."

It's just kind of silly that this very special first ever dragon that we get to custom create, will in most cases never get to wear a tertiary gene. It's just needlessly restrictive.

So, I very much support a Tertiary Scatterscroll for custom progens only. Not the random one.
Support, both in general or for progens only.

The logic 'well that would suck the fun out of my breeding' is flawed. If player A doesn't want to use something, that shouldn't mean player B isn't allowed to use it either. Everyone should be allowed to use their account how THEY wish.
Support, both in general or for progens only.

The logic 'well that would suck the fun out of my breeding' is flawed. If player A doesn't want to use something, that shouldn't mean player B isn't allowed to use it either. Everyone should be allowed to use their account how THEY wish.
They/Them FR+2
No support, even for progen only scrolls. Your progen is not meant to be a dream dragon by any means and I think we're lucky to even pick the primary and secondary colors. I would have been just fine getting two completely random dragons.
No support, even for progen only scrolls. Your progen is not meant to be a dream dragon by any means and I think we're lucky to even pick the primary and secondary colors. I would have been just fine getting two completely random dragons.
accessibilitysmaller.pngtumblr_inline_ngg8mvee1A1suj19d.png
What about a scroll that reverts all previous scatters? (Is previous colour information retained by the site??)-- either for all dragons or just progens.
or someone I can message to get it changed back because whoops regret hah ANYWAYS
But seriously, a clean-slate scroll is interesting; remove all 3 genes at once? Revert previous scatters? Essentially turn the dragon back into a perfectly blank version of its original self that can then be built back up again?

RE: the actual topic of the thread-- keep in mind that breeding the perfect dragon is literally the whole point of the game. I personally think this lies sort of in the same realm of gender-change scrolls in that, as tempting as it is when you're looking at the almost perfect dragon, it's probably not something that will ever end up in the game.
What about a scroll that reverts all previous scatters? (Is previous colour information retained by the site??)-- either for all dragons or just progens.
or someone I can message to get it changed back because whoops regret hah ANYWAYS
But seriously, a clean-slate scroll is interesting; remove all 3 genes at once? Revert previous scatters? Essentially turn the dragon back into a perfectly blank version of its original self that can then be built back up again?

RE: the actual topic of the thread-- keep in mind that breeding the perfect dragon is literally the whole point of the game. I personally think this lies sort of in the same realm of gender-change scrolls in that, as tempting as it is when you're looking at the almost perfect dragon, it's probably not something that will ever end up in the game.
ZT1GQLd.png
Support
Support
Bv9XWUe.gif
BREWERS WANTED
KUzA9FY.png
eiTuhCf.gif
MELTERS WANTED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7