Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pet peeve
1 2 3 4 5
With the way the market is these days I cant even be truly upset about these things. Ive just barely gotten my lair under control as far as space is concerned and when things didnt sell I had to make tough calls.
Every time one of my dragons gets bought and exalted, I try to remember how hard it was for me to "cut people from the team".
Just as other people see exalting as unfair, I think its dually unfair to expect people to hold onto dergs forever or until they find them a forever home. It sucks, but It happens. *shrugs*.
With the way the market is these days I cant even be truly upset about these things. Ive just barely gotten my lair under control as far as space is concerned and when things didnt sell I had to make tough calls.
Every time one of my dragons gets bought and exalted, I try to remember how hard it was for me to "cut people from the team".
Just as other people see exalting as unfair, I think its dually unfair to expect people to hold onto dergs forever or until they find them a forever home. It sucks, but It happens. *shrugs*.
cl1lC8F.png
@Luna1337 [quote] It's a little rude, but once the dragon is given away it becomes property of the new owner. You sell me a beautiful dragon with an incredibly detailed character and backstory? I'm allowed to call it Bob the amazing farting dragon.[/quote] Hahaha :3
@Luna1337
Quote:
It's a little rude, but once the dragon is given away it becomes property of the new owner. You sell me a beautiful dragon with an incredibly detailed character and backstory? I'm allowed to call it Bob the amazing farting dragon.

Hahaha :3
I had a friend that got bummed that her sold dragons were exalted, and yeah... I mean, it's not your dragon once you sold it or gave it away, so you can't control what happens. I do understand that it would be a real bummer to see it exalted or being sold soon after the fact, though. but it's not your dragon anymore, so they can really do whatever the heck they want.

I guess that's why I never bothered caring about what happens to the dragons I sell. if they're kept, great. if not, that is okay too. if they're exalted unnamed, that is also okay with me. never bothered me in the slightest, especially since the... first or maybe second, I don't remember... dragon I exalted was exalted unnamed. XD I was still brand new at that point, and didn't really care.

I have dragons that I gave to another friend of mine. if at any point, she decides she doesn't want them anymore, I won't be too bothered if she sold or exalted them. they're hers now, not mine. I can't expect them to be held onto forever if they are no longer wanted.
I had a friend that got bummed that her sold dragons were exalted, and yeah... I mean, it's not your dragon once you sold it or gave it away, so you can't control what happens. I do understand that it would be a real bummer to see it exalted or being sold soon after the fact, though. but it's not your dragon anymore, so they can really do whatever the heck they want.

I guess that's why I never bothered caring about what happens to the dragons I sell. if they're kept, great. if not, that is okay too. if they're exalted unnamed, that is also okay with me. never bothered me in the slightest, especially since the... first or maybe second, I don't remember... dragon I exalted was exalted unnamed. XD I was still brand new at that point, and didn't really care.

I have dragons that I gave to another friend of mine. if at any point, she decides she doesn't want them anymore, I won't be too bothered if she sold or exalted them. they're hers now, not mine. I can't expect them to be held onto forever if they are no longer wanted.
they/them | +2 FR time
I have pings disabled
Awhile ago I sold two of my really old dragons to someone cheap because I wasn't doing anything with them, but I told the person that if they didn't want them anymore I would take them back. They say they understood, but I checked awhile later and they were exalted. Still regret selling them.
Awhile ago I sold two of my really old dragons to someone cheap because I wasn't doing anything with them, but I told the person that if they didn't want them anymore I would take them back. They say they understood, but I checked awhile later and they were exalted. Still regret selling them.
If I buy it as an adult AND its pretty, I at least breed it once or twice, give it a nice name, then exalt it(or try and resell it once or twice).

I recently bought a gorgeous stone/stone/stone female imp adult for exalt fodder price, she has had 7 or eight babies, and it older than any dragon in my lair. I will keep her because she is pretty.

some dragons I develop a huge attachment too... like my dragon Sha for example. I bought him for 5k off the AH, waited months, and got another one of his exact color scheme, now I have 8-9 of them...

Fancy(my avatar) was on the AH for 3k, I liked his colors so I got him. I almost exalted him but im glad I did not. he turned out to be a rare color scheme, with only 6 non exalted dragons around, most in inactive lairs. I tracked down a female guardian with his color patterns, and plan to make her look JUST like him, her name is Schmancy. The guy I bought her from gave me a fair price for her(15k, I had saved up 150k just in case) and I made a promise to myself to keep her forever along with Fancy.

I sell dragons on the AH and I don't really care what happens after that, I got paid and it is no longer mine. if I gave away a dragon I would be a little upset if they exalted/sold it the next day for a great amount of money, if you don't REALLY want it, don't ask for it.
If I buy it as an adult AND its pretty, I at least breed it once or twice, give it a nice name, then exalt it(or try and resell it once or twice).

I recently bought a gorgeous stone/stone/stone female imp adult for exalt fodder price, she has had 7 or eight babies, and it older than any dragon in my lair. I will keep her because she is pretty.

some dragons I develop a huge attachment too... like my dragon Sha for example. I bought him for 5k off the AH, waited months, and got another one of his exact color scheme, now I have 8-9 of them...

Fancy(my avatar) was on the AH for 3k, I liked his colors so I got him. I almost exalted him but im glad I did not. he turned out to be a rare color scheme, with only 6 non exalted dragons around, most in inactive lairs. I tracked down a female guardian with his color patterns, and plan to make her look JUST like him, her name is Schmancy. The guy I bought her from gave me a fair price for her(15k, I had saved up 150k just in case) and I made a promise to myself to keep her forever along with Fancy.

I sell dragons on the AH and I don't really care what happens after that, I got paid and it is no longer mine. if I gave away a dragon I would be a little upset if they exalted/sold it the next day for a great amount of money, if you don't REALLY want it, don't ask for it.
[quote name="YawningDodo" date="2014-10-22 11:47:59"] If I care about any particular dragon's fate, it's [b]my[/b] job to do something about that. Trying to make other players use their lair space to cater to my desires would be selfish and unreasonable, and I will never attach a no-exalt condition to any sale or gift. [/quote] *slow clap*
YawningDodo wrote on 2014-10-22 11:47:59:
If I care about any particular dragon's fate, it's my job to do something about that. Trying to make other players use their lair space to cater to my desires would be selfish and unreasonable, and I will never attach a no-exalt condition to any sale or gift.
*slow clap*
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
[quote name="Dragondrop" date="2014-10-22 16:07:50"][quote name="YawningDodo" date="2014-10-22 11:47:59"]If I care about whether it gets exalted, I keep it. If I don't like it enough to keep it, I make myself accept that that must also mean I don't like it enough to prevent it being exalted. Sometimes the dragons I sell get permanent homes, but I expect that anything I sell will probably go to one of the deities. And that's okay. If I care about any particular dragon's fate, it's [b]my[/b] job to do something about that. Trying to make other players use their lair space to cater to my desires would be selfish and unreasonable, and I will never attach a no-exalt condition to any sale or gift.[/quote] I agree with this 100%, I think it's a good rule of thumb.[/quote]
Dragondrop wrote on 2014-10-22 16:07:50:
YawningDodo wrote on 2014-10-22 11:47:59:
If I care about whether it gets exalted, I keep it. If I don't like it enough to keep it, I make myself accept that that must also mean I don't like it enough to prevent it being exalted. Sometimes the dragons I sell get permanent homes, but I expect that anything I sell will probably go to one of the deities. And that's okay. If I care about any particular dragon's fate, it's my job to do something about that. Trying to make other players use their lair space to cater to my desires would be selfish and unreasonable, and I will never attach a no-exalt condition to any sale or gift.

I agree with this 100%, I think it's a good rule of thumb.
1009gIL.png
Exalting is a large aspect of the game, it takes awhile but eventually you get to the point where it kind of strikes you as 'whatever' in general. I don't really buy dragons to exalt myself but I do exalt my own babies when they sit around long enough and I have exalted dragons I owned mostly because they didn't appeal as much to me anymore and Well... space is neither cheap or infinite.

Though it is in poor taste to exalt a dragon straight after purchasing it from someone but only if you've contacted them personally and made agreements about said dragon but they still can't be expected to hold onto it forever. Maybe they fall out of love with it, or needed it for a breeding project that changed. I recently contacted a person about a dragon I wanted for a breeding project, they were nice and had actually been holding onto him for over a month trying to find him a home and were happy to sell him to me for a really nice price, but my plans ended up changing, however since I contacted this person specifically about selling me their dragon I felt really guilty when I realized I no longer had a use for it. I did manage to re-sell him though after I held onto him for a couple weeks, and more than I bought him for but because I was making an honest attempt to not see him exalted.

Other times it goes many ways, when I first started playing I bought a really handsome PC boy who I thought was really stunning and he came with a message in his bio 'Please do not exalt' new to the game I thought that was the sweetest thing ever and I still hold onto him today, but to be fair I really love him still. :P Now though, seeing this would probably annoy me if I bought one and later decided it no longer fit in because it's really easy to make me feel guilty.

Then another time I hatched a really gorgeous WC boy, he had very rare coloring and there was only a few like him in game and I debated keeping him but put him up for sale anyway, he sold pretty fast and it made me happy I did sell him, then a week later he was exalted. I was disappointed sure, because he was only 1 of a few with that color but I shrugged it off, I still have the parents and can breed more like him maybe someday. :D

In the end, it's kind of a poopshoot on here. You never know what's going to happen, the best you can do is roll with it. After all, there is more important things in life but you're completely welcome to feel however you want about it, everybody has different feelings and while there are people here who feel this is a tired subject i'm sure there are still those who feel the same with you. Though... not sure why Mayfly is bad? There are a lot WORSE name options for sure. Mayfly is actually cute. :3
Exalting is a large aspect of the game, it takes awhile but eventually you get to the point where it kind of strikes you as 'whatever' in general. I don't really buy dragons to exalt myself but I do exalt my own babies when they sit around long enough and I have exalted dragons I owned mostly because they didn't appeal as much to me anymore and Well... space is neither cheap or infinite.

Though it is in poor taste to exalt a dragon straight after purchasing it from someone but only if you've contacted them personally and made agreements about said dragon but they still can't be expected to hold onto it forever. Maybe they fall out of love with it, or needed it for a breeding project that changed. I recently contacted a person about a dragon I wanted for a breeding project, they were nice and had actually been holding onto him for over a month trying to find him a home and were happy to sell him to me for a really nice price, but my plans ended up changing, however since I contacted this person specifically about selling me their dragon I felt really guilty when I realized I no longer had a use for it. I did manage to re-sell him though after I held onto him for a couple weeks, and more than I bought him for but because I was making an honest attempt to not see him exalted.

Other times it goes many ways, when I first started playing I bought a really handsome PC boy who I thought was really stunning and he came with a message in his bio 'Please do not exalt' new to the game I thought that was the sweetest thing ever and I still hold onto him today, but to be fair I really love him still. :P Now though, seeing this would probably annoy me if I bought one and later decided it no longer fit in because it's really easy to make me feel guilty.

Then another time I hatched a really gorgeous WC boy, he had very rare coloring and there was only a few like him in game and I debated keeping him but put him up for sale anyway, he sold pretty fast and it made me happy I did sell him, then a week later he was exalted. I was disappointed sure, because he was only 1 of a few with that color but I shrugged it off, I still have the parents and can breed more like him maybe someday. :D

In the end, it's kind of a poopshoot on here. You never know what's going to happen, the best you can do is roll with it. After all, there is more important things in life but you're completely welcome to feel however you want about it, everybody has different feelings and while there are people here who feel this is a tired subject i'm sure there are still those who feel the same with you. Though... not sure why Mayfly is bad? There are a lot WORSE name options for sure. Mayfly is actually cute. :3
I wonder...

Could someone convince someone else to keep a dragon forever if they paid him child support or something?

Like if I paid someone 5k treasure a week to house and feed a dragon would they not exalt it?

I keep thinking about it, and I feel like paying child support for someone housing your dragon makes so much sense.
I wonder...

Could someone convince someone else to keep a dragon forever if they paid him child support or something?

Like if I paid someone 5k treasure a week to house and feed a dragon would they not exalt it?

I keep thinking about it, and I feel like paying child support for someone housing your dragon makes so much sense.
I don't think some people would take color rarity into account when it comes to choosing which dragons to keep and which to exalt (I know I wouldn't); if I like a dragon, I keep it, no matter it's rarity or anything.

Knowing how economy works it's only to be expected that more and more dragons end up serving the deities.

@luckyvulpi what's the point of giving away a dragon then altogether? "Here, take my baby, I'll pay for you to keep them" it's not like a child support, more like keeping something in a bank (a child support would need another parent).
I don't think some people would take color rarity into account when it comes to choosing which dragons to keep and which to exalt (I know I wouldn't); if I like a dragon, I keep it, no matter it's rarity or anything.

Knowing how economy works it's only to be expected that more and more dragons end up serving the deities.

@luckyvulpi what's the point of giving away a dragon then altogether? "Here, take my baby, I'll pay for you to keep them" it's not like a child support, more like keeping something in a bank (a child support would need another parent).
1 2 3 4 5