Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pet peeve
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2014-10-22 04:29:06"]It's a little bit unfair, really, to expect someone to have to have a specific dragon clutter up their lair indefinitely to make you happy.[/quote] I'd have to personally agree with this. Just don't worry about it. :3
ceiswyn wrote on 2014-10-22 04:29:06:
It's a little bit unfair, really, to expect someone to have to have a specific dragon clutter up their lair indefinitely to make you happy.

I'd have to personally agree with this.

Just don't worry about it. :3
ppp-badge_storage.gifm6IxQYa.gif6KadE7H.png
My pet peeve is people who try to control what happens to a dragon after it's left their lair.

It doesn't matter how "cool" or "rare" you thought the dragon was. If you don't want it to get exalted, keep it yourself.
My pet peeve is people who try to control what happens to a dragon after it's left their lair.

It doesn't matter how "cool" or "rare" you thought the dragon was. If you don't want it to get exalted, keep it yourself.
When you sell someone a dragon it is not yours anymore. They can do what they wish with it because it's theirs.
When you sell someone a dragon it is not yours anymore. They can do what they wish with it because it's theirs.
Idk why people think giving out dragons and telling people to 'keep it forever' is actually going to work.

Honestly if someone sold me a dragon and im'd me like 'do not exalt' or if the dragon had a 'don't exalt' note...

Well, I'd be much more up to exalting that particular dragon because honestly? That's annoying. And kinda rude?

I guess it's like what others are saying - if you felt that dragon was special, why did you part with it? Either keep it or send it off yourself.

Dragons are not yours once they leave your lair and whatever happens to them at that point is just gonna happen.
Idk why people think giving out dragons and telling people to 'keep it forever' is actually going to work.

Honestly if someone sold me a dragon and im'd me like 'do not exalt' or if the dragon had a 'don't exalt' note...

Well, I'd be much more up to exalting that particular dragon because honestly? That's annoying. And kinda rude?

I guess it's like what others are saying - if you felt that dragon was special, why did you part with it? Either keep it or send it off yourself.

Dragons are not yours once they leave your lair and whatever happens to them at that point is just gonna happen.

Story Time: I've had this problem before - a close friend gifting me a dragon because I complimented. it. This was...what, almost a year ago? It took me over six months to finally gather the nerve to exalt it, because I was worried this friend might be angry at me, considering they'd spent something like 200k for this dragon (back when that wasn't a whole lot, admittedly, but 200k nonetheless).

Conclusion: It's no longer your dragon. While it's perfectly understandable to be bummed out that the dragon isn't actively in someone's lair, it's not reasonable to be annoyed or even angry (not saying that you, OP, are) when said dragon is exalted. Lair space is limited, tastes change, yada yada...basically, that person can do whatever they want with that dragon since it's their dragon. (This applies to unnamed exalts as well. No longer your dragon, no longer your right to say anything.)

Also? Maybe I'm an elitist snob, which is very likely, but doubles aren't...well, they're not "rare" anymore. They're fun surprises from exalt fodder pairs with very large ranges, but expecting a double or triple to be treated any differently than any non-double or non-triple dragon is kind of unrealistic at this point. (Anyway, what's wrong with the name "Mayfly"?)

On an unrelated note: Can we appreciate this thread's ID number? 1222225
Story Time: I've had this problem before - a close friend gifting me a dragon because I complimented. it. This was...what, almost a year ago? It took me over six months to finally gather the nerve to exalt it, because I was worried this friend might be angry at me, considering they'd spent something like 200k for this dragon (back when that wasn't a whole lot, admittedly, but 200k nonetheless).

Conclusion: It's no longer your dragon. While it's perfectly understandable to be bummed out that the dragon isn't actively in someone's lair, it's not reasonable to be annoyed or even angry (not saying that you, OP, are) when said dragon is exalted. Lair space is limited, tastes change, yada yada...basically, that person can do whatever they want with that dragon since it's their dragon. (This applies to unnamed exalts as well. No longer your dragon, no longer your right to say anything.)

Also? Maybe I'm an elitist snob, which is very likely, but doubles aren't...well, they're not "rare" anymore. They're fun surprises from exalt fodder pairs with very large ranges, but expecting a double or triple to be treated any differently than any non-double or non-triple dragon is kind of unrealistic at this point. (Anyway, what's wrong with the name "Mayfly"?)

On an unrelated note: Can we appreciate this thread's ID number? 1222225
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
[quote name="musicalcakes" date="2014-10-22 06:57:20"]My pet peeve is people who try to control what happens to a dragon after it's left their lair. It doesn't matter how "cool" or "rare" you thought the dragon was. If you don't want it to get exalted, keep it yourself.[/quote] Thanks, that's exactly what I was going to say. :P
musicalcakes wrote on 2014-10-22 06:57:20:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was going to say. :P
The only dragons I request to not be exalted is my Trolls. They are first gen themed breeding pairs who are based on my Troll characters from WoW. They are named before they leave my lair with a Zandali name of the new owner's choice and I make sure everyone is ok with that before any crossroads are sent. I always offer that if the person no longer wants them, they can send them back to me so I can re-home them. Most of my trolls have been bred by request though so the people who receive them usually have asked me for hatchlings. That being said, I do have a baby or two who have been sent off to the gods and I just have to accept that.

Still looking for a home for one of my troll babies who has been RTB for a while now. *chuckles* Currently he is sitting in my Hubby's lair to help guard the exalt fodder he breeds.
The only dragons I request to not be exalted is my Trolls. They are first gen themed breeding pairs who are based on my Troll characters from WoW. They are named before they leave my lair with a Zandali name of the new owner's choice and I make sure everyone is ok with that before any crossroads are sent. I always offer that if the person no longer wants them, they can send them back to me so I can re-home them. Most of my trolls have been bred by request though so the people who receive them usually have asked me for hatchlings. That being said, I do have a baby or two who have been sent off to the gods and I just have to accept that.

Still looking for a home for one of my troll babies who has been RTB for a while now. *chuckles* Currently he is sitting in my Hubby's lair to help guard the exalt fodder he breeds.
singerrunesig.png wowbox.png
tatsbox.png
firstgenr.png
Rynn.png
How long is "a while back"? Few dragons will last forever, but for the sake of giving them a good, long-term home....
How long is "a while back"? Few dragons will last forever, but for the sake of giving them a good, long-term home....
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
It is a little disappointing, but I realize that once the dragon leaves my lair it's no longer up to me what happens to them. If someone realizes that they don't want a dragon any longer, then they have every right to remove them.

I also realize I probably disappoint some people, because I'll spend a ton of money on a dragon, keep it for a few months, then sell it for a lot less or just exalt it to find another dragon. Whoops...
It is a little disappointing, but I realize that once the dragon leaves my lair it's no longer up to me what happens to them. If someone realizes that they don't want a dragon any longer, then they have every right to remove them.

I also realize I probably disappoint some people, because I'll spend a ton of money on a dragon, keep it for a few months, then sell it for a lot less or just exalt it to find another dragon. Whoops...
itUKoww.pngFyaVcOZ.pngpP2K51Q.pngpkt5tJ1.png3taVtCs.png3fSUhqQ.png
Keep in mind as well that accidents happen, and heated dominance pushes happen too. I'm sure they didn't do it to upset you.
Keep in mind as well that accidents happen, and heated dominance pushes happen too. I'm sure they didn't do it to upset you.
1 2 3 4 5