Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wing wraps don't make sense!
1 2 3 4
Is anyone else deeply bothered by this: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4508529] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/45086/4508529_350.png[/img] [/url] meaning, how wing wraps are wrapped around the humerus/upper arm (and sometimes the radius/ulna) parts of the wing? It implies that either the wing membrane isn't attached to those bones (which makes no sense compared to the wings of any living vertebrate), OR that the wing membrane was punctured/pierced/torn so that the wrap could go around a bone structure that it otherwise could not. And the image contradicts itself anyway: on the wing closest to us in the illustration, the wrap suggests that the humerus is closer to us than the wing membrane, but the farther-away wing also shows a wrap around the humerus, suggesting that the membrane is on a different side of the bone on each wing. >< I know that bringing up the physical realisticness of fictional/mythological animals can turn into a slippery slope (If they can fly, shouldn't they have huge keel bones? How can they have six limbs anyway? and so on), but this tiny drawing detail and its implications bother me SO MUCH and I was wondering if I was alone in that. XD
Is anyone else deeply bothered by this:

4508529_350.png

meaning, how wing wraps are wrapped around the humerus/upper arm (and sometimes the radius/ulna) parts of the wing? It implies that either the wing membrane isn't attached to those bones (which makes no sense compared to the wings of any living vertebrate), OR that the wing membrane was punctured/pierced/torn so that the wrap could go around a bone structure that it otherwise could not.
And the image contradicts itself anyway: on the wing closest to us in the illustration, the wrap suggests that the humerus is closer to us than the wing membrane, but the farther-away wing also shows a wrap around the humerus, suggesting that the membrane is on a different side of the bone on each wing. ><

I know that bringing up the physical realisticness of fictional/mythological animals can turn into a slippery slope (If they can fly, shouldn't they have huge keel bones? How can they have six limbs anyway? and so on), but this tiny drawing detail and its implications bother me SO MUCH and I was wondering if I was alone in that. XD
I like to just believe stuff which goes through membrane is held on by magnets |D (less of a headache that way haha)
I like to just believe stuff which goes through membrane is held on by magnets |D (less of a headache that way haha)
Forum-signature.png
My headcanon is that they use rare earth magnets to make them work. Another option would be memory wire. :)
My headcanon is that they use rare earth magnets to make them work. Another option would be memory wire. :)
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Same goes for those sashes (which I love btw lol). [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2574111] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25742/2574111_350.png[/img] [/url] Though they seem much heavier than the wraps, and still go through the wings.. Memory wire for the wing wraps make sense, at least to me. So they're like cuffs or those weird bracelets. lol
Same goes for those sashes (which I love btw lol).

2574111_350.png

Though they seem much heavier than the wraps, and still go through the wings..

Memory wire for the wing wraps make sense, at least to me. So they're like cuffs or those weird bracelets. lol
Wsu3XA9.gif9D8YYS1.png
This magnets notion is helping. XD
This magnets notion is helping. XD
Apparel in general makes no sense in FR, it just goes through wings and bends in weird ways, best to ignore the laws of physics as we know.
Apparel in general makes no sense in FR, it just goes through wings and bends in weird ways, best to ignore the laws of physics as we know.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-08-29 12:16:19"]Apparel in general makes no sense in FR, it just goes through wings and bends in weird ways, best to ignore the laws of physics as we know.[/quote] This. If the artists only went with apparel that was possible we'd have a lot less apparel. It doesn't bother me, I'm not very uptight about these sorts of things.
Takora wrote on 2014-08-29 12:16:19:

This. If the artists only went with apparel that was possible we'd have a lot less apparel. It doesn't bother me, I'm not very uptight about these sorts of things.
No traveling dragons please!
I just assume a lot of the apparel is "clip-on". :D
I just assume a lot of the apparel is "clip-on". :D
Yeah I'm running with the magnetic apparel idea
Yeah I'm running with the magnetic apparel idea
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
The real question (for me) is;
Why do the dragons wear clothes anyway?
The real question (for me) is;
Why do the dragons wear clothes anyway?
they/them/their
wishlist