Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Game of Thrones?
1 2 3
I've seen all four seasons, and read all five books. Yes, there is a lot of nudity and adult themes involved, but if I recall the past seasons correctly, it's really only female nudity that you actually "see" anything. Any male nudity, the cameras are angled and actors situated so you don't actually see anything.

Yes, there are adult themes in a wide variety of flavors, ranging from the every day to the controversial, and even to the point some may call taboo. So, since you seem okay with the violence and gore aspect of it, if any of those kinds of adult situations could make you uncomfortable, you may want to rethink watching it. Several are very plot related, so those situations and themes are not going to be just quick 30 second shots and then they're finished, they're carried through the series and important to the plot.

That being said, if none of that bothers you, then absolutely yes, go watch it, watch it now! It's fantastic, and the books are all the more fantastic than the series is because they're just so well thought out and written.
I've seen all four seasons, and read all five books. Yes, there is a lot of nudity and adult themes involved, but if I recall the past seasons correctly, it's really only female nudity that you actually "see" anything. Any male nudity, the cameras are angled and actors situated so you don't actually see anything.

Yes, there are adult themes in a wide variety of flavors, ranging from the every day to the controversial, and even to the point some may call taboo. So, since you seem okay with the violence and gore aspect of it, if any of those kinds of adult situations could make you uncomfortable, you may want to rethink watching it. Several are very plot related, so those situations and themes are not going to be just quick 30 second shots and then they're finished, they're carried through the series and important to the plot.

That being said, if none of that bothers you, then absolutely yes, go watch it, watch it now! It's fantastic, and the books are all the more fantastic than the series is because they're just so well thought out and written.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
Watched one episode and was turned off but now I've read the first 2 books I so have to watch it. My honey just started working nights so Netflix and I have a date!
Watched one episode and was turned off but now I've read the first 2 books I so have to watch it. My honey just started working nights so Netflix and I have a date!
Walking through a Fairy Circle can make magic happen. It might change the color of a dragon, or change its genes or even its breed. Only the bravest set out to make an intentional trip through a Fairy Circle. Most dragons just step right into them when they are concentrating on something else. Just remember - Magic is Everywhere tumblr_o869wygMbQ1v4aprho7_r1_100.png
My Favorite Skin Shop!! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1835085/1
It's a wicked good show, but you kind of have to go into it with a uh... 'Optimistic' mindset.

And by that I mean, 'There is always some kind of hope, even in the worse times'.

Aka: Get ready to see a LOOTTT of character death lol. Granted, they're all generally written in with good meaning and they never feel cheap, but, yeah, get ready for the character deaths, because there's quite a lot.
It's a wicked good show, but you kind of have to go into it with a uh... 'Optimistic' mindset.

And by that I mean, 'There is always some kind of hope, even in the worse times'.

Aka: Get ready to see a LOOTTT of character death lol. Granted, they're all generally written in with good meaning and they never feel cheap, but, yeah, get ready for the character deaths, because there's quite a lot.
once you go into got, you never go back. *names like 5 dragons after show*
once you go into got, you never go back. *names like 5 dragons after show*
myriad_pixels_final.gif tumblr_inline_mwnarxpRyn1rbfrbj.png tumblr_mmku31gxWj1s8k4mqo1_100.gif tumblr_inline_mgndxoz9zS1qgc2ta.png tumblr_md4lwrCK0E1qlajmo.gif mini_meulin__free_icon__by_ran_hime-d5kut4i.gif meulin_pixel_art_by_lauralac-d5jlfme.gif nepeta___meulin_ministrife_icon_by_herpyderpos-d7jeh8m.gif tumblr_mcy2wdbQai1qesb9j.png
I'd definitely recommend it. The show is really good, and the books are good as well!

Yeah there's a lot of adult themes but after a couple episodes you don't even realize it anymore it's all just part of the story-telling
I'd definitely recommend it. The show is really good, and the books are good as well!

Yeah there's a lot of adult themes but after a couple episodes you don't even realize it anymore it's all just part of the story-telling
@MeulinLejion yELLS I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE SO MUCH
@MeulinLejion yELLS I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE SO MUCH
Yes, yes you should. Absolutely. And you should read the book series as well (whole series is called A Song of Ice & Fire, or ASOIAF for short; A Game of Thrones is the name of the first book). I'm rereading A Feast for Crows, I'm so obsessed with this series.
Yes, yes you should. Absolutely. And you should read the book series as well (whole series is called A Song of Ice & Fire, or ASOIAF for short; A Game of Thrones is the name of the first book). I'm rereading A Feast for Crows, I'm so obsessed with this series.
soundless_space_hatchery_signature_copy_by_vet_in_training-da0l17p.png
I'm in the process of reading the books, but I've watched the whole TV series and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind the adult themes.
I'm in the process of reading the books, but I've watched the whole TV series and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind the adult themes.
@NearMiss It can take a little while to get used to but its not that bad.

There is nudity but there is not like /A LOT/ I mean I don't think it's like "A LOT" there is quite a bit but you can skip over that stuff if it makes you uncomfortable. I had to do it for the scenes on the first season, but you get used to that stuff. I think there is more violence than s ex

I would recommend it and they are getting to the climax of the whole thing so its a good time to start watching because you get 40 episodes to watch and they build up nicely.
@NearMiss It can take a little while to get used to but its not that bad.

There is nudity but there is not like /A LOT/ I mean I don't think it's like "A LOT" there is quite a bit but you can skip over that stuff if it makes you uncomfortable. I had to do it for the scenes on the first season, but you get used to that stuff. I think there is more violence than s ex

I would recommend it and they are getting to the climax of the whole thing so its a good time to start watching because you get 40 episodes to watch and they build up nicely.
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
GO FOR THE BOOKS!
or if you're just looking for something to watch and feel iffy about the nudity/gore try reading the first book and going back to the show

honestly the 1st ep freaked me out so much i was like nope nope nope nope
but once you get over it you're golden

if you read the books you get used to all the adult content because it's woven in so well and is pretty connected to the plot (which is amazing! :D)
GO FOR THE BOOKS!
or if you're just looking for something to watch and feel iffy about the nudity/gore try reading the first book and going back to the show

honestly the 1st ep freaked me out so much i was like nope nope nope nope
but once you get over it you're golden

if you read the books you get used to all the adult content because it's woven in so well and is pretty connected to the plot (which is amazing! :D)
yTk2Oxd.png
1 2 3