Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sell familiar plushies
I know that the team has probably already commented on this, but I'm begging you guys. Seeing all of these cute familiars, I really want to have one IRL. I understand that it would be a lot of extra work on the team, and I know that it probably won't ever happen. I'm just putting it out there
I know that the team has probably already commented on this, but I'm begging you guys. Seeing all of these cute familiars, I really want to have one IRL. I understand that it would be a lot of extra work on the team, and I know that it probably won't ever happen. I'm just putting it out there
Plushies are expensive to mass produce.

Plushies are expensive to mass produce.

The idea for plushies has come up occasionally, whether for custom dragons or familiars, but either way wouldn't be feasible. There are too many familiars and gene combinations for it to work. It would be expensive and a massive undertaking in the amount of materials (patterns, fabrics, threads) and time and labor for all of these to be produced.

If we said "oh, they just choose a few to make" okay....which few? Everyone has different familiars they like and it just wouldn't be fair any way the go about it.

The only way I can see plushies working, is if they created a set for the deities, or the deity dolls. It would only be a few designs that would have to be created, severely lowering how much is needed for it. But even then, you'd have to understand that a small site like this creating plushies would likely put them up at like $50 for one if it's decently made.
The idea for plushies has come up occasionally, whether for custom dragons or familiars, but either way wouldn't be feasible. There are too many familiars and gene combinations for it to work. It would be expensive and a massive undertaking in the amount of materials (patterns, fabrics, threads) and time and labor for all of these to be produced.

If we said "oh, they just choose a few to make" okay....which few? Everyone has different familiars they like and it just wouldn't be fair any way the go about it.

The only way I can see plushies working, is if they created a set for the deities, or the deity dolls. It would only be a few designs that would have to be created, severely lowering how much is needed for it. But even then, you'd have to understand that a small site like this creating plushies would likely put them up at like $50 for one if it's decently made.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I know it's not likely, but, a set of the 1st year sprites with a redemption code for the matching sprite. XD
I know it's not likely, but, a set of the 1st year sprites with a redemption code for the matching sprite. XD
Please don't quote me.
I'd personally love a Skycat plush, or maybe one of the miths or noggles? as well as a number of other fams, honestly XD But it probably would be pretty hard for the devs to decide which ones to make or not.

Perhaps they could do something through Makeship or a similar site? I've gotten a few from Makeship myself, the price is what I'd consider super reasonable for the size and quality ($30-ish? USD), and while I suppose I can't speak from experience on the creator side of things, it seems fairly low-risk for both backers and creators?

(I feel like I should include a "not sponsored" joke here haha, I'm only talking about Makeship so much because I've backed plushies on there before, and don't know anything really about other options that might be out there!)
I'd personally love a Skycat plush, or maybe one of the miths or noggles? as well as a number of other fams, honestly XD But it probably would be pretty hard for the devs to decide which ones to make or not.

Perhaps they could do something through Makeship or a similar site? I've gotten a few from Makeship myself, the price is what I'd consider super reasonable for the size and quality ($30-ish? USD), and while I suppose I can't speak from experience on the creator side of things, it seems fairly low-risk for both backers and creators?

(I feel like I should include a "not sponsored" joke here haha, I'm only talking about Makeship so much because I've backed plushies on there before, and don't know anything really about other options that might be out there!)
he/they
Still looking for a copy of Accent: Grand Romance! :')
hrrrm wouldn't care much for familiars, but plushies of some of the dragons would be cute. Having them made through makeship or smth would be the only feasible way, yeah.
hrrrm wouldn't care much for familiars, but plushies of some of the dragons would be cute. Having them made through makeship or smth would be the only feasible way, yeah.
CO4hmv7.gif8xbWHuG.gif
I think it could make sense to do chibi familiar designs for plushes. I think the deities and sprites would be the most straightforward to pick.

(Something I mentioned last time this came up, too- selling patterns for breeds/etc as a possibility. You can buy patterns to DIY a plushie for like, $5 on Etsy, and it seems like at least some folks can make a living with it, fwiw? And the logistics side is just "here's an email with your pattern, have a good day!")
I think it could make sense to do chibi familiar designs for plushes. I think the deities and sprites would be the most straightforward to pick.

(Something I mentioned last time this came up, too- selling patterns for breeds/etc as a possibility. You can buy patterns to DIY a plushie for like, $5 on Etsy, and it seems like at least some folks can make a living with it, fwiw? And the logistics side is just "here's an email with your pattern, have a good day!")
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I think the deities/first year fams/dev fams would all be a excellent choice. As for dragons, I think it'd be really cool to just sell a blank white dragon for each breed then let whoever gets them dye it however they want.

Or even for dragon breeds you could just go with the colors from their original element, I know that'd be less popular but it'd make sense. As for non elemental dragons.. probably just whatever color fits their lore best. Say brown/green for bogs due to the environment they prefer.
I think the deities/first year fams/dev fams would all be a excellent choice. As for dragons, I think it'd be really cool to just sell a blank white dragon for each breed then let whoever gets them dye it however they want.

Or even for dragon breeds you could just go with the colors from their original element, I know that'd be less popular but it'd make sense. As for non elemental dragons.. probably just whatever color fits their lore best. Say brown/green for bogs due to the environment they prefer.
"but [FR plushes] wouldnt be feasible" [size=5][url=https://www.makeship.com/][b]makeship exists[/b][/url][/size] [quote="how makeship works"]Campaigns go live every week and are available for a limited time. If a Campaign reaches the minimum order goal, we start production. If the minimum goal is not met, all Fans are refunded for their order.[/quote]
"but [FR plushes] wouldnt be feasible"

makeship exists

how makeship works wrote:
Campaigns go live every week and are available for a limited time. If a Campaign reaches the minimum order goal, we start production. If the minimum goal is not met, all Fans are refunded for their order.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Vissyn" date="2024-07-09 19:39:19" ] I know it's not likely, but, a set of the 1st year sprites with a redemption code for the matching sprite. XD [/quote] Cool in concept, but that would be selling an in game item for real life cash and would very negatively affect the in game economy, and basically tell players “you can have this item, if you fork over $x!”
Vissyn wrote on 2024-07-09 19:39:19:

Cool in concept, but that would be selling an in game item for real life cash and would very negatively affect the in game economy, and basically tell players “you can have this item, if you fork over $x!”
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him