Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG24] Sornieth Summer Games: CLOSED
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[center][b][u]Day 5 - Diving[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90244802][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/902449/90244802_350.png[/img][/url] Tempestfang slithered forward on the platform high above the water below. The Undertide was in her natural element. Sort of. Right now she was one land, not her natural element, but soon she'd be diving into the water. Usually found [b]brooding[/b] in the den, the usually serious Undertide had perked up at the idea of participating in the games, especially for diving. If there was anything that brought Tempestfang pride, it was her diving abilities. She sat at the edge of the platform, neatly coiled as she waited the signal to dive. She had watched a few other dragons before her dive as well, admittedly impressed with their routines. Tempestfang ran through her routine in her head. [I]Drop into a straight dive,[/I] she thought. [I]Then some twists, a flip or two, make a bit of a show with the wings and tail, and just before hitting the water straighten back out and tuck in the wings for a smooth entry. Hopefully.[/I] She kept a listen for the whistle, and once she heard it, she slithered off the edge and into free fall.
Day 5 - Diving

90244802_350.png

Tempestfang slithered forward on the platform high above the water below. The Undertide was in her natural element. Sort of. Right now she was one land, not her natural element, but soon she'd be diving into the water. Usually found brooding in the den, the usually serious Undertide had perked up at the idea of participating in the games, especially for diving. If there was anything that brought Tempestfang pride, it was her diving abilities.

She sat at the edge of the platform, neatly coiled as she waited the signal to dive. She had watched a few other dragons before her dive as well, admittedly impressed with their routines. Tempestfang ran through her routine in her head. Drop into a straight dive, she thought. Then some twists, a flip or two, make a bit of a show with the wings and tail, and just before hitting the water straighten back out and tuck in the wings for a smooth entry. Hopefully.

She kept a listen for the whistle, and once she heard it, she slithered off the edge and into free fall.
ldIARQG.gif oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
bybFVO1.png
qhK4FYS.png
mlHpBMC.png
kHBaXec.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
KNxJX97.png
41HYCJP.png
tCsqc24.png
SYiQlxK.png
FObX7rS.png
6BP8M8y.png
73vKFNE.png
gWg1WHB.png
oEGalah.png
lAvpyOQ.png
KYDGNsD.png
m7xse7B.png
3I473vH.png
8GgdVkW.png
Ut9RRot.png
SiglZNi.png
L73CX1d.gif
[center][b]Day 5 - Volleyball[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71341448][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/713415/71341448.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75727549][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/757276/75727549.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/15830069][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/158301/15830069.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82024693][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/820247/82024693.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36474586][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/364746/36474586.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63384313][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/633844/63384313.png[/img][/url][/center] The girls of summer are here. They're a sweeping elegant presence heading onto the court, light and lean and ready. Although one of their number is more of a [b]brood[/b]ing presence than the rest. And there does seem to be a chill drifting from one of the others. And is that... a lantern? Ok well, at least they're lean and ready. Its an indoor court anyway, not like we're playing on the beach folks!
Day 5 - Volleyball

71341448.png75727549.png15830069.png
82024693.png36474586.png63384313.png

The girls of summer are here. They're a sweeping elegant presence heading onto the court, light and lean and ready. Although one of their number is more of a brooding presence than the rest. And there does seem to be a chill drifting from one of the others. And is that... a lantern? Ok well, at least they're lean and ready. Its an indoor court anyway, not like we're playing on the beach folks!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngm2YbpzO.pngXx3ZGyj.png
[b]Day 5 - Volleyball [/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94809398][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/948094/94809398_350.png[/img][/url] Hyacinth wasn't the type to [b]brood[/b]. She stepped out onto the court, and played a game with her assigned team. The score was evenly tied for most of the match. Hyacinth leapt into the air, attempting to slap the ball back to the other team's side. However, she slipped on the floor, planting face first into the net.
Day 5 - Volleyball

94809398_350.png

Hyacinth wasn't the type to brood. She stepped out onto the court, and played a game with her assigned team. The score was evenly tied for most of the match. Hyacinth leapt into the air, attempting to slap the ball back to the other team's side. However, she slipped on the floor, planting face first into the net.
GG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic
[b][u]Day 5[/u]: Diving and Gymnastics[/b] [b]Part 1: Diving[/b] [i]As the fifth day of the Sornieth Summer Games -- and the Greenskeeper Gathering -- began, there was no sign of the fact that the week was over half over. Excitement remained at a fever pitch among the dragons watching the many different games and sports on offer as various individuals showed off their prowess, or lack thereof, in their chosen events. Here and there, certain dragons stood out among the crowd as being particularly enthusiastic. In one area an Imperial stalked towards the fencing ring, so intent on his destination he didn’t even seem to see other dragons scrambling to get out of the way. In a secluded corner of the arena, a Tundra mother of four tried to corral her [b]brood[/b], attempting to herd the excitable hatchlings towards the Athletics field, where an older male Tundra of similar coloring to the largest hatchling was about to begin his bout. And two very odd dragons were traveling together down one particular path of the Labyrinth, one running in an easy lope while the other was flying in quick, darting movements but both moving from shadow to shadow, never staying out in the open too long, even as they both drew closer to their apparent destination…. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69539999][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695400/69539999_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Clytie[/b] [i]Mage (Water Magic)[/i] (Nature Egg, Clan Born)[/center] [b]Clytie[/b] darted forwards again, landing safely a moment later in a large pool of darkness near a crossroads in the Labyrinth. She was almost there. If she concentrated, she could smell the pleasant aroma of the lake’s water. Taking a long, slow breath, the nervous young Fae crouched, waiting for her companion to join her. It was only seconds later that the soft touch of a paw on her wings alerted the Water Mage to her Clanmate’s arrival. Turning her head, she nodded once to the Nocturne and then tensed, ready to spring forward to her next chosen shadow. “This is where we part ways, friend.” The soft words caught Clytie off guard. She turned back at once, staring at her fellow traveling companion in consternation. He smiled slightly and gestured to the crossroads, his paw indicating the left fork and the dragons hurrying along it. “I go that way, to the Gymnastics ring.” He murmured, “while you are heading to the lake ahead of us.” The young Fae blinked. She had forgotten that her Clanmate was not accompanying her the whole way. He had his own event to compete in, some distance from that enticing water. Nodding, she spread her wings again. “Good luck, brother,” she whispered, her quiet voice barely audible over the increasing din of the cicadas in the bushes nearby. “I know you’ll do well.” The Nocturne laughed. “Well, I’ll compete, in any case,” he answered wryly. “Whether I will do well or not remains to be seen.” Reaching out with a wing he gently toucher her head. “You, on the other hand, should have no problems, little Water Nymph.” Grinning, he turned away and moved to the edge of the shadow. “I look forward to hearing how you showed that [b]brood[/b] of dragons what [b]Diving[/b] is all about.” Without waiting for an answer, the Nocturne crouched and sprang forwards, dashing out into the open area within the path. Moments later he was lost to view as he faded into his next chosen shadow, his innate illusionary magic and natural coloring conspiring to hide him completely on his travels. Clytie shook her head, watching her Clanmate vanish for a moment before she turned away, looking for her next safe spot. The Nocturne was right. She had nothing to fear when it came to the water. And it was time for her to head over to the lake and prove it. Selecting her next shadow, the shy young Fae launched herself into the air, angling towards the water she could now see in the distance, and to the Event she had come to compete in. …It was over an hour later that Clytie stood on the small platform jutting out over the lake, waiting for the horn to blow. The water below glistened in the sun, its gentle ripples from previous divers adding an almost alluring affect to its surface. The Water Mage straightened, her shyness, as always, falling away as she stood near her favorite element. This was her place. Her moment. It was time to do as her Clanmate had suggested, and show everyone what it meant to dive… [i]And Clytie is back for another try at the Diving competition. Hopefully she will do a little better this year then she did last year…[/i]
Day 5: Diving and Gymnastics

Part 1: Diving

As the fifth day of the Sornieth Summer Games -- and the Greenskeeper Gathering -- began, there was no sign of the fact that the week was over half over. Excitement remained at a fever pitch among the dragons watching the many different games and sports on offer as various individuals showed off their prowess, or lack thereof, in their chosen events. Here and there, certain dragons stood out among the crowd as being particularly enthusiastic. In one area an Imperial stalked towards the fencing ring, so intent on his destination he didn’t even seem to see other dragons scrambling to get out of the way. In a secluded corner of the arena, a Tundra mother of four tried to corral her brood, attempting to herd the excitable hatchlings towards the Athletics field, where an older male Tundra of similar coloring to the largest hatchling was about to begin his bout. And two very odd dragons were traveling together down one particular path of the Labyrinth, one running in an easy lope while the other was flying in quick, darting movements but both moving from shadow to shadow, never staying out in the open too long, even as they both drew closer to their apparent destination….

69539999_350.png
Clytie
Mage
(Water Magic)

(Nature Egg,
Clan Born)

Clytie darted forwards again, landing safely a moment later in a large pool of darkness near a crossroads in the Labyrinth. She was almost there. If she concentrated, she could smell the pleasant aroma of the lake’s water. Taking a long, slow breath, the nervous young Fae crouched, waiting for her companion to join her. It was only seconds later that the soft touch of a paw on her wings alerted the Water Mage to her Clanmate’s arrival. Turning her head, she nodded once to the Nocturne and then tensed, ready to spring forward to her next chosen shadow.

“This is where we part ways, friend.” The soft words caught Clytie off guard. She turned back at once, staring at her fellow traveling companion in consternation. He smiled slightly and gestured to the crossroads, his paw indicating the left fork and the dragons hurrying along it. “I go that way, to the Gymnastics ring.” He murmured, “while you are heading to the lake ahead of us.”

The young Fae blinked. She had forgotten that her Clanmate was not accompanying her the whole way. He had his own event to compete in, some distance from that enticing water.

Nodding, she spread her wings again. “Good luck, brother,” she whispered, her quiet voice barely audible over the increasing din of the cicadas in the bushes nearby. “I know you’ll do well.”

The Nocturne laughed. “Well, I’ll compete, in any case,” he answered wryly. “Whether I will do well or not remains to be seen.” Reaching out with a wing he gently toucher her head. “You, on the other hand, should have no problems, little Water Nymph.” Grinning, he turned away and moved to the edge of the shadow. “I look forward to hearing how you showed that brood of dragons what Diving is all about.”

Without waiting for an answer, the Nocturne crouched and sprang forwards, dashing out into the open area within the path. Moments later he was lost to view as he faded into his next chosen shadow, his innate illusionary magic and natural coloring conspiring to hide him completely on his travels.

Clytie shook her head, watching her Clanmate vanish for a moment before she turned away, looking for her next safe spot. The Nocturne was right. She had nothing to fear when it came to the water. And it was time for her to head over to the lake and prove it. Selecting her next shadow, the shy young Fae launched herself into the air, angling towards the water she could now see in the distance, and to the Event she had come to compete in.

…It was over an hour later that Clytie stood on the small platform jutting out over the lake, waiting for the horn to blow. The water below glistened in the sun, its gentle ripples from previous divers adding an almost alluring affect to its surface. The Water Mage straightened, her shyness, as always, falling away as she stood near her favorite element. This was her place. Her moment. It was time to do as her Clanmate had suggested, and show everyone what it meant to dive…

And Clytie is back for another try at the Diving competition. Hopefully she will do a little better this year then she did last year…
fw5Pc0h.png
[b][u]Day 5[/u]: Diving and Gymnastics[/b] [b]Part 2: Gymnastics[/b] [i]As the fifth day of the Sornieth Summer Games -- and the Greenskeeper Gathering -- began, there was no sign of the fact that the week was over half over. Excitement remained at a fever pitch among the dragons watching the many different games and sports on offer as various individuals showed off their prowess, or lack thereof, in their chosen events. Here and there, certain dragons stood out among the crowd as being particularly enthusiastic. In one area an Imperial stalked towards the fencing ring, so intent on his destination he didn’t even seem to see other dragons scrambling to get out of the way. In a secluded corner of the arena, a Tundra mother of four tried to corral her [b]brood[/b], attempting to herd the excitable hatchlings towards the Athletics field, where an older male Tundra of similar coloring to the largest hatchling was about to begin his bout. And two very odd dragons were traveling together down one particular path of the Labyrinth, one running in an easy lope while the other was flying in quick, darting movements but both moving from shadow to shadow, never staying out in the open too long, even as they both drew closer to their apparent destination…. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9385869][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/93859/9385869_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Mage (Illusionist; Mimicry)[/i] (Nature Egg, Clan Born)[/center] The dark green Nocturne ran easily down the path, watching as his Clanmate found her next shadow. He shifted, arriving beside her in moments. Noticing where they were, the older Mage stopped the young Fae from flying off right away, exchanging a few soft words of encouragement before they parted ways. To his relief, the reminder of which Event Clytie had come to compete in removed some of the trepidation from the Water Mage’s eyes. Satisfied that she would be fine, the Nocturne launched himself out of their shared shadow, crossing the distance to the next one in a matter of seconds. He needed to focus on his own needs now, or he would be late for his own Event. Traveling from shadow to shadow, the old Illusionist moved quickly in the direction of the [b]Gymnastics[/b] ring. He was rather looking forward to this. Ever since his beloved Cursed Bat had matured, and the curse it carried had come on full force, flying had been impossible for him. He could travel across the ground, he could ride on the back of a bear, he could climb as many mountains as he wished, but he could not fly. Not even a simple glide. The curse rendered his wings, and his magic, useless for soaring for the air. The Nocturne had compensated as best he could over the years, trying not to [b]brood[/b] over his loss and instead finding various pursuits that mimicked flying as closely as possible. Fast runs, ice skating, skiing. He had tried them all and more, and this new pastime was yet another attempt to recapture that feeling of weightless wonder he had once found in the air. The possibility of winning a medal was secondary to that far more important goal…. …and a few hours later, as the old dragon twisted in the air, throwing his lithe body from one bar to another and back again, he felt a sudden thrill of excitement that had noting to do with the cheering crowds. For just a minute, one precious second, as the Nocturne’s body turned, traveling from the low parallel bar to the high one, he was suspended in air, traveling under his own momentum, the wind rushing by him…and then he hit the upper bar, twisted around it, and launched himself off again, and the sensation was back again, and again and again… …In the crowds watching the conclusion of the latest Gymnastics performance, many dragons noticed the tears streaming down the old Nocturne’s face as he landed at the end of his routine. Some were confused, while others assumed he had simply been caught up in the moment or had been frustrated with his not entirely stellar performance. Only a small group of those present, standing together to one side of the ring, understood that regardless of the scores still to be read, this dragon had already won the greatest prize of all… [i]And it looks like a certain Nocturne has found his favorite sport, and his answer, at long last, and in the last place any of the Clan thought to suggest that he look. Of course, just because he enjoys it doesn’t necessarily mean he is any good at it, but enthusiasm has to count for something, right?[/i]
Day 5: Diving and Gymnastics

Part 2: Gymnastics

As the fifth day of the Sornieth Summer Games -- and the Greenskeeper Gathering -- began, there was no sign of the fact that the week was over half over. Excitement remained at a fever pitch among the dragons watching the many different games and sports on offer as various individuals showed off their prowess, or lack thereof, in their chosen events. Here and there, certain dragons stood out among the crowd as being particularly enthusiastic. In one area an Imperial stalked towards the fencing ring, so intent on his destination he didn’t even seem to see other dragons scrambling to get out of the way. In a secluded corner of the arena, a Tundra mother of four tried to corral her brood, attempting to herd the excitable hatchlings towards the Athletics field, where an older male Tundra of similar coloring to the largest hatchling was about to begin his bout. And two very odd dragons were traveling together down one particular path of the Labyrinth, one running in an easy lope while the other was flying in quick, darting movements but both moving from shadow to shadow, never staying out in the open too long, even as they both drew closer to their apparent destination….

9385869_350.png

Mage
(Illusionist;
Mimicry)

(Nature Egg,
Clan Born)

The dark green Nocturne ran easily down the path, watching as his Clanmate found her next shadow. He shifted, arriving beside her in moments. Noticing where they were, the older Mage stopped the young Fae from flying off right away, exchanging a few soft words of encouragement before they parted ways.

To his relief, the reminder of which Event Clytie had come to compete in removed some of the trepidation from the Water Mage’s eyes. Satisfied that she would be fine, the Nocturne launched himself out of their shared shadow, crossing the distance to the next one in a matter of seconds. He needed to focus on his own needs now, or he would be late for his own Event.

Traveling from shadow to shadow, the old Illusionist moved quickly in the direction of the Gymnastics ring. He was rather looking forward to this. Ever since his beloved Cursed Bat had matured, and the curse it carried had come on full force, flying had been impossible for him. He could travel across the ground, he could ride on the back of a bear, he could climb as many mountains as he wished, but he could not fly. Not even a simple glide. The curse rendered his wings, and his magic, useless for soaring for the air.

The Nocturne had compensated as best he could over the years, trying not to brood over his loss and instead finding various pursuits that mimicked flying as closely as possible. Fast runs, ice skating, skiing. He had tried them all and more, and this new pastime was yet another attempt to recapture that feeling of weightless wonder he had once found in the air. The possibility of winning a medal was secondary to that far more important goal….

…and a few hours later, as the old dragon twisted in the air, throwing his lithe body from one bar to another and back again, he felt a sudden thrill of excitement that had noting to do with the cheering crowds. For just a minute, one precious second, as the Nocturne’s body turned, traveling from the low parallel bar to the high one, he was suspended in air, traveling under his own momentum, the wind rushing by him…and then he hit the upper bar, twisted around it, and launched himself off again, and the sensation was back again, and again and again…

…In the crowds watching the conclusion of the latest Gymnastics performance, many dragons noticed the tears streaming down the old Nocturne’s face as he landed at the end of his routine. Some were confused, while others assumed he had simply been caught up in the moment or had been frustrated with his not entirely stellar performance. Only a small group of those present, standing together to one side of the ring, understood that regardless of the scores still to be read, this dragon had already won the greatest prize of all…

And it looks like a certain Nocturne has found his favorite sport, and his answer, at long last, and in the last place any of the Clan thought to suggest that he look. Of course, just because he enjoys it doesn’t necessarily mean he is any good at it, but enthusiasm has to count for something, right?
fw5Pc0h.png
[b]Day six; wrestling[/b] Query shook out her talons, making sure everything was perfect before her big fight. She was very excited to wrestle for her clan. As the strongest member, the whole clan agreed she’d be a shoe in for the prize. However, she could help but doubt them. She may have had the raw strength, but none of the technique many of her competitors possessed. Suddenly, a voice shook her from her [b]brooding[/b].“Query, your on in five”. It was the teams gymnast, if she remembered correctly, their name was Scara. “Y-yes sorry” “you’re all good little dude!” The much bigger dragon boomed, although the volume may have been a result of their two heads. “Go knock it out of the park!” Suddenly, filled with newfound confidence, she sprang out into the lights, as a warm feeling blossomed in her chest [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61984860][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619849/61984860_350.png[/img][/url]
Day six; wrestling

Query shook out her talons, making sure everything was perfect before her big fight. She was very excited to wrestle for her clan. As the strongest member, the whole clan agreed she’d be a shoe in for the prize. However, she could help but doubt them. She may have had the raw strength, but none of the technique many of her competitors possessed. Suddenly, a voice shook her from her brooding.“Query, your on in five”. It was the teams gymnast, if she remembered correctly, their name was Scara. “Y-yes sorry” “you’re all good little dude!” The much bigger dragon boomed, although the volume may have been a result of their two heads. “Go knock it out of the park!” Suddenly, filled with newfound confidence, she sprang out into the lights, as a warm feeling blossomed in her chest

61984860_350.png
[center][font=arial][size=4][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3339144/1#post_56828612][color=darkgreen]RULES[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3339144/1#post_56828619][color=darkgreen]EVENTS[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3339144/1#post_56828626][color=darkgreen]SPREADSHEET[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3339144/1#post_56828621][color=darkgreen]PRIZES[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3339144/1#post_56828631][color=darkgreen]CREDITS[/url][/b][/font][/size][/center] [center][img alt="Update"]https://i.imgur.com/6Tn10hb.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [indent] [nextcol] [center][img alt="A green caterpillar."]https://i.imgur.com/ylLkvIf.png[/img][color=transparent]XXXXXXXX[/color][img alt="A brown caterpillar."]https://i.imgur.com/6Zq7MFR.png[/img][color=transparent]XXXXXXXX[/color][img alt="A green caterpillar with a red stripe and yellow spikes."]https://i.imgur.com/VFg65cR.png[/img][/center] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43753106][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437532/43753106.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [font=Verdana][size=4][color=black] Good morning athletes!! Day five has passed us by, and day six is here! After yesterdays riveting events (and matinence— hooray for hatchling skins!), we're fired up and ready to see some competition. Let's get today's announcements under way![/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84990602][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/849907/84990602.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [font=Verdana][size=4][color=black] Yesterdays daily word winner was.... @Lightehouse!! Congratulations! Who said you needed arms to excel in gymnastics? We'll be sending a courier with your prize shortly![/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43753106][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437532/43753106.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [font=Verdana][size=4][color=black] We're winding down on the week's festivities, so make sure to participate if you haven't yet! Are you a fashion icon, like me? Well then head over to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3337964#post_3337964]Decorative Dragons[/url] and show off your best themed outfits to win prizes and adorable badges! Want to see all of the events? Check out our [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3340152/1#post_56859615]Festival Hub[/url] for all of the week's activities. [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84990602][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/849907/84990602.png[/img][/url][nextcol][font=Verdana][size=4][color=black] Personally, I love logic puzzles, and had a great time trying to crack Teddy2008's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3338075/1#post_3338075]Buggy Brain Teasers[/url]! Test your reasoning, learn about cicadas in Sornieth, and win cute badges in the process. I eventually got them, but I needed a hint or two![/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43753106][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/437532/43753106.png[/img][/url][nextcol][font=Verdana][size=4][color=black] Staying on our buggy topic, today's word is [b]scream[/b]. You scream, I scream, we all scream, cicada theme! Don't forget that conjugation is not only allowed, but encouraged! Now get creative and have fun out there![/columns] [/columns] [img alt="A pair of periodical cicada wings displayed between two oak branches leaking tree sap."]https://i.imgur.com/pRx1E7g.png[/img] [center][quote=Pinglist] @Deladria @Disillusionist @treesapperson @Canisa @Doozie @AppleSentry @pinopsida @Lightehouse @darciandhermoths @SaintNixolas @NijiMarii[/quote][/center]
Update
A green caterpillar.XXXXXXXXA brown caterpillar.XXXXXXXXA green caterpillar with a red stripe and yellow spikes.

43753106.png Good morning athletes!! Day five has passed us by, and day six is here! After yesterdays riveting events (and matinence— hooray for hatchling skins!), we're fired up and ready to see some competition. Let's get today's announcements under way!

84990602.png Yesterdays daily word winner was.... @Lightehouse!! Congratulations! Who said you needed arms to excel in gymnastics? We'll be sending a courier with your prize shortly!

43753106.png We're winding down on the week's festivities, so make sure to participate if you haven't yet! Are you a fashion icon, like me? Well then head over to Decorative Dragons and show off your best themed outfits to win prizes and adorable badges! Want to see all of the events? Check out our Festival Hub for all of the week's activities.

84990602.png Personally, I love logic puzzles, and had a great time trying to crack Teddy2008's Buggy Brain Teasers! Test your reasoning, learn about cicadas in Sornieth, and win cute badges in the process. I eventually got them, but I needed a hint or two!

43753106.png Staying on our buggy topic, today's word is scream. You scream, I scream, we all scream, cicada theme! Don't forget that conjugation is not only allowed, but encouraged! Now get creative and have fun out there!
A pair of periodical cicada wings displayed between two oak branches leaking tree sap.
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png

[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52925150][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/529252/52925150_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 6 - Fencing[/b][/center] The last Reeve of Talanton is a skilled fighter, but that's only when he's wielding Fire magic. Fencing is a bit more of a challenge for him. The air between him and his opponent is alive with flashing, clanging sabre blades. "Ooh, this is a close match. Think he'll score higher?" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34540094]Aurelie[/url] chirps. Halfway down the row of spectators, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65553076]Cantor[/url] [b]screams[/b], "[i]C'mon, other dragon, kick Pravuil's butt![/i]" "Cantor, I think you're cheering for the wrong guy." "No, no, I'm not. I know exactly whom I'm cheering for, and I know exactly whom I want to win," Cantor blandly responds. Down in the arena, Pravuil yelps as he gets poked in the leg. A beatific smile spreads across Cantor's face. "There, I'm feeling better already."
52925150_350.png
Day 6 - Fencing
The last Reeve of Talanton is a skilled fighter, but that's only when he's wielding Fire magic. Fencing is a bit more of a challenge for him. The air between him and his opponent is alive with flashing, clanging sabre blades.

"Ooh, this is a close match. Think he'll score higher?" Aurelie chirps. Halfway down the row of spectators, Cantor screams, "C'mon, other dragon, kick Pravuil's butt!"

"Cantor, I think you're cheering for the wrong guy."

"No, no, I'm not. I know exactly whom I'm cheering for, and I know exactly whom I want to win," Cantor blandly responds.

Down in the arena, Pravuil yelps as he gets poked in the leg. A beatific smile spreads across Cantor's face. "There, I'm feeling better already."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78600662][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/786007/78600662_350.png[/img][/url] [size=4]{[i][b][u]Day 6 - Archery[/u][/b][/i]}[/size] Teren didn't quite care what the boss preferred when it came to their 'visibility' as a clan. She was under the assumption that if they were at all worth their mettle, it wouldn't matter if the arcane loyal caught up to them or not. Therefor, upon hearing about these competitive games, she didn't think twice before grabbed her finely carved bow and handmade arrows. She didn't dally, either, arriving perfectly on time. She entered the archery field with her shoulders back and her head held high, nocked an arrow, and waited for the judge to give their signal.
78600662_350.png

{Day 6 - Archery}

Teren didn't quite care what the boss preferred when it came to their 'visibility' as a clan. She was under the assumption that if they were at all worth their mettle, it wouldn't matter if the arcane loyal caught up to them or not. Therefor, upon hearing about these competitive games, she didn't think twice before grabbed her finely carved bow and handmade arrows.

She didn't dally, either, arriving perfectly on time. She entered the archery field with her shoulders back and her head held high, nocked an arrow, and waited for the judge to give their signal.
47O9KMz.pngb51b8d57a0310441b56e0a4d0547e8f82cea9bd8.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61343503][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/613436/61343503_350.png[/img][/url] [size=4]{[i][b][u]Day 6 - Athletics[/u][/b][/i]}[/size] Deimos trudged her way out from wasteland patrol, sweat and blood still clung to her scarred skin as her eyes scanned the battlefield. She spotted what she was after: the athletics competition. The muscled mirror didn't even bother to sign up, not seeking anything more than gloating rights over the other hired hands. She took her place, and with a hearty [b]scream[/b], she grabbed the nearest boulder and suplexed it with ease.
61343503_350.png

{Day 6 - Athletics}

Deimos trudged her way out from wasteland patrol, sweat and blood still clung to her scarred skin as her eyes scanned the battlefield. She spotted what she was after: the athletics competition.

The muscled mirror didn't even bother to sign up, not seeking anything more than gloating rights over the other hired hands. She took her place, and with a hearty scream, she grabbed the nearest boulder and suplexed it with ease.
47O9KMz.pngb51b8d57a0310441b56e0a4d0547e8f82cea9bd8.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14