Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Scarlet Circus [open roleplay]
(About the horror, I wouldn’t mind! Horror elements are always fun! Please do ask before you do something permanent with my characters though, like killing them)

Novae nodded at the Sandsurge, Asperides’ eyes flickering with some reluctance before they grinned and hopped onto the mat, bending their legs just slightly before jumping up and landing neatly to balance just on their claws. “Absolutely! No problem here.”

Dante took a moment to look around before stepping into the black tent. It was quiet here, countless beautiful works on display. He’d never seen such a display before- but then again, he’d never stopped long enough to look at one. He nodded at the Tundra, offering her a smile. “Are these all your works? They’re… they’re beautiful.”
(About the horror, I wouldn’t mind! Horror elements are always fun! Please do ask before you do something permanent with my characters though, like killing them)

Novae nodded at the Sandsurge, Asperides’ eyes flickering with some reluctance before they grinned and hopped onto the mat, bending their legs just slightly before jumping up and landing neatly to balance just on their claws. “Absolutely! No problem here.”

Dante took a moment to look around before stepping into the black tent. It was quiet here, countless beautiful works on display. He’d never seen such a display before- but then again, he’d never stopped long enough to look at one. He nodded at the Tundra, offering her a smile. “Are these all your works? They’re… they’re beautiful.”
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
(I wrote an entire thing, then my page reloaded, and I was sad)

Once the aberration left Seer had a chance to take in a nice breath of pumpkin scented air. He held the piece of paper he had written on and moved towards the back of his tent. Lifting the fabric, he snuck out into a remote area of the circus. He quickly made his way to the big top, using the tents for cover as he didn’t want to bump into the aberration on his way to talk to Moritz. When he got to the small fae ringmaster, he started off my talking about nothing in particular. He just needed this to look like a normal interaction. “Ah sorry to bother you Moritz, but it would seem like there is a problem with the ball in act 3” of course there was no ball in act 3, but Moritz knew that. He handed the paper with the aberration’s name on it to the ringmaster.

Moritz grinned when he saw the contents of the page. “Yes of course. We do have a spare right? Or do we need to fix it before the show starts.” He said. Seer had gotten quite used to this way of talking in code.

“We do have a spare, which should last for today, but it would be risky to use it for longer.”

“I understand. Thankyou for bringing this issue to my attention. Go now.”

Seer nodded and headed back to his tent with the same rout he came.
———
The Aether dragon inside of the orange tent seemed to be doing a magic show of sorts. She seemed to pull a card out of thin air in front of a tundra dragon, who looked shocked. “Oh hello! Come, take a seat for as long as you like! Well, until the show starts that is, I have an act then.” She chuckled
———
“Very good!” QueenCat smiled widely “now who wants to try next, although maybe a little less flashy as I don’t want want anyone to get hurt”
———
She chuckled. “Yes they are. I’m glad you like them, I worked rather hard on them. Traveling allows me to get all sorts of references. Lately I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock though. It’ll pass, but I must say it’s still a bit of a nuisance.” She made a pouty expression towards an unfinished looking painting.
(I wrote an entire thing, then my page reloaded, and I was sad)

Once the aberration left Seer had a chance to take in a nice breath of pumpkin scented air. He held the piece of paper he had written on and moved towards the back of his tent. Lifting the fabric, he snuck out into a remote area of the circus. He quickly made his way to the big top, using the tents for cover as he didn’t want to bump into the aberration on his way to talk to Moritz. When he got to the small fae ringmaster, he started off my talking about nothing in particular. He just needed this to look like a normal interaction. “Ah sorry to bother you Moritz, but it would seem like there is a problem with the ball in act 3” of course there was no ball in act 3, but Moritz knew that. He handed the paper with the aberration’s name on it to the ringmaster.

Moritz grinned when he saw the contents of the page. “Yes of course. We do have a spare right? Or do we need to fix it before the show starts.” He said. Seer had gotten quite used to this way of talking in code.

“We do have a spare, which should last for today, but it would be risky to use it for longer.”

“I understand. Thankyou for bringing this issue to my attention. Go now.”

Seer nodded and headed back to his tent with the same rout he came.
———
The Aether dragon inside of the orange tent seemed to be doing a magic show of sorts. She seemed to pull a card out of thin air in front of a tundra dragon, who looked shocked. “Oh hello! Come, take a seat for as long as you like! Well, until the show starts that is, I have an act then.” She chuckled
———
“Very good!” QueenCat smiled widely “now who wants to try next, although maybe a little less flashy as I don’t want want anyone to get hurt”
———
She chuckled. “Yes they are. I’m glad you like them, I worked rather hard on them. Traveling allows me to get all sorts of references. Lately I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock though. It’ll pass, but I must say it’s still a bit of a nuisance.” She made a pouty expression towards an unfinished looking painting.
The aberration quietly made their way towards the back of the seating area to watch. Both of the heads tried to focus on the magic but were in too deep of thought to really enjoy it, the fire continued to smoulder on their scales, casting a dim glow around them.
The aberration quietly made their way towards the back of the seating area to watch. Both of the heads tried to focus on the magic but were in too deep of thought to really enjoy it, the fire continued to smoulder on their scales, casting a dim glow around them.
nudX0O8.png
Tricky seemed to notice the aberration’s low moral, and moved over to them. “Say, what’s with the long face? I don’t see why you’re frowning when you have something like this-“ she moved her hand behind the ear of one of the heads and pulled a small bouquet of flowers out from behind it “-behind your ear!”
Tricky seemed to notice the aberration’s low moral, and moved over to them. “Say, what’s with the long face? I don’t see why you’re frowning when you have something like this-“ she moved her hand behind the ear of one of the heads and pulled a small bouquet of flowers out from behind it “-behind your ear!”
Pyro gave a little grin at the flower trick before his face fell again, Manic only glanced at it briefly. "Neat trick, were dida learn it?" Pyro asked, voice far less intense than his usual standards. Manic said nothing, resting his head in his claws. If only I knew if that psychic was bluffing us or not...but I really don't want to be wrong...a lot less fun being at the circus when you have no choice...were are we even gonna sleep tonight?...long flight back to the village...don't think I even told anybody were we where even going...what can we do, what can we do.., Manic thought to himself, ignoring the Aether dragon for a moment.
Pyro gave a little grin at the flower trick before his face fell again, Manic only glanced at it briefly. "Neat trick, were dida learn it?" Pyro asked, voice far less intense than his usual standards. Manic said nothing, resting his head in his claws. If only I knew if that psychic was bluffing us or not...but I really don't want to be wrong...a lot less fun being at the circus when you have no choice...were are we even gonna sleep tonight?...long flight back to the village...don't think I even told anybody were we where even going...what can we do, what can we do.., Manic thought to himself, ignoring the Aether dragon for a moment.
nudX0O8.png
Tricky chuckled. “Well a magician hardly tells her secrets, although between you and me, I learned most of these tricks from Chaos, the clown outside, the rest I figured out through trial and error.” Despite having a tough audience, she still seemed to be able to keep her cheerful demeanour. She just hoped she would be able to make whatever was going on with the two feel a bit better. “Now how about
a card trick?”
Tricky chuckled. “Well a magician hardly tells her secrets, although between you and me, I learned most of these tricks from Chaos, the clown outside, the rest I figured out through trial and error.” Despite having a tough audience, she still seemed to be able to keep her cheerful demeanour. She just hoped she would be able to make whatever was going on with the two feel a bit better. “Now how about
a card trick?”
Both of the heads seemed very intrigued now at the prospect of card tricks. “Yeah, a card trick sounds great!” Pyro said a little more cheerfully. Manic turned looking at the Aether now, focused and trying to forget their issues at hand for the minute.
Both of the heads seemed very intrigued now at the prospect of card tricks. “Yeah, a card trick sounds great!” Pyro said a little more cheerfully. Manic turned looking at the Aether now, focused and trying to forget their issues at hand for the minute.
nudX0O8.png
Navi had finished packing her belongings and locking up her house. Taking one last look at the home she had lived in for many years, she took in a deep breath and promptly returned to the circus.
As she approached Seer's tent, she wondered if she would be intruding upon a session with his customer. However, she didn't hear any conversation from within the tent. "Hmm. Maybe Seer has gone on a break? It should be fine if I go in to put my bag..." She thought out loud, as she pushed apart the drapes of the tent.
Navi had finished packing her belongings and locking up her house. Taking one last look at the home she had lived in for many years, she took in a deep breath and promptly returned to the circus.
As she approached Seer's tent, she wondered if she would be intruding upon a session with his customer. However, she didn't hear any conversation from within the tent. "Hmm. Maybe Seer has gone on a break? It should be fine if I go in to put my bag..." She thought out loud, as she pushed apart the drapes of the tent.
cfFrvOr.png never gonna give you up
Tsukimayu
She/Her | FR +15
»PWYW Art Shop
never gonna let you down
BHtr8NX.png
Icarus decided to just sit back and watch the show go on safely from the crowd as Novae took a step back, their eyes bright with excitement as they lowered themselves carefully back onto the ground. Their mane was practically sparking from the excitement- they’d hardly had any time to do anything fun, what with all the recent business and all- and they stepped back before anything caught on fire, letting the next dragon go.

Dante nodded at the Tundra’s words about the unfinished painting, glancing at it with some curiosity in his gaze. It was an interesting piece with various colours, and it made something itch at the back of his brain. That was odd. Tugging at the snake plush around his throat, he stepped further into the tent, careful not to crush anything beneath his talons on accident. “Yes, creative burnout can be pretty frustrating sometimes, huh?” It came out as a murmur, half to himself. He gestured towards an empty spot on the ground.

“Do you mind if I take a seat?”
Icarus decided to just sit back and watch the show go on safely from the crowd as Novae took a step back, their eyes bright with excitement as they lowered themselves carefully back onto the ground. Their mane was practically sparking from the excitement- they’d hardly had any time to do anything fun, what with all the recent business and all- and they stepped back before anything caught on fire, letting the next dragon go.

Dante nodded at the Tundra’s words about the unfinished painting, glancing at it with some curiosity in his gaze. It was an interesting piece with various colours, and it made something itch at the back of his brain. That was odd. Tugging at the snake plush around his throat, he stepped further into the tent, careful not to crush anything beneath his talons on accident. “Yes, creative burnout can be pretty frustrating sometimes, huh?” It came out as a murmur, half to himself. He gestured towards an empty spot on the ground.

“Do you mind if I take a seat?”
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
Tricky smiled. “Alrighty then!” She produced a deck of cards from her cloak and spread them out towards the aberration. “Pick a card, any card!”
———
Seer was halfway through the gap in the tent when she walked in. Noticing she was there with a bit of a shock, he quickly pulled himself the rest of the way through and cleared his throat. “S-sorry. I didn’t know you would be back so soon, so I went to take care of some other business.” Hopefully she wouldn’t question it further, despite how odd it is to squeeze under the tent as an exit strategy.
———
The next dragon was a hatchling, and QueenCat helped them do a handstand. She helped multiple other people do it as well, and it was rather uneventful. She finished up and moved to the next step. “Now we’ll try doing it without the wall, I’m assuming you want to go next?” She said, pointing at Novae
———
“Oh of course! I don’t get much company in this tent I’ll be honest, so it’s much appreciated.” She smiled and shifted to grab a pillow from behind her, and set it down in front of her. “I have more pillows if you would like. I have a lot.”
Tricky smiled. “Alrighty then!” She produced a deck of cards from her cloak and spread them out towards the aberration. “Pick a card, any card!”
———
Seer was halfway through the gap in the tent when she walked in. Noticing she was there with a bit of a shock, he quickly pulled himself the rest of the way through and cleared his throat. “S-sorry. I didn’t know you would be back so soon, so I went to take care of some other business.” Hopefully she wouldn’t question it further, despite how odd it is to squeeze under the tent as an exit strategy.
———
The next dragon was a hatchling, and QueenCat helped them do a handstand. She helped multiple other people do it as well, and it was rather uneventful. She finished up and moved to the next step. “Now we’ll try doing it without the wall, I’m assuming you want to go next?” She said, pointing at Novae
———
“Oh of course! I don’t get much company in this tent I’ll be honest, so it’s much appreciated.” She smiled and shifted to grab a pillow from behind her, and set it down in front of her. “I have more pillows if you would like. I have a lot.”