Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is your fav Ancient?
defo gaolers, i love snurges too
defo gaolers, i love snurges too
MY FANDRAGONS CAN BE FOUND IN THE HIBDEN!

EARTH FLIGHT RAAAAAAAAAAH
Aberrations, Aethers, Dusthides, Undertides, oh my!
Aberrations, Aethers, Dusthides, Undertides, oh my!
Fishes __ she/her | +3 FR time
wishlist | avatar
____
c7f927562db794324e2d8df76f939ee553b9c321.png
aberrations easy. these weird vultures are so cool
aberrations easy. these weird vultures are so cool
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
aberrations and gaolers easy; dusthides are cool too (they wear genes SO well tbh) [emoji=cat 1 size=1] can't say i [i]dislike[/i] any breed outright, but i never find myself scrying veils.
aberrations and gaolers easy; dusthides are cool too (they wear genes SO well tbh)

can't say i dislike any breed outright, but i never find myself scrying veils.
nzqnkq.png
I'm more pose specific I think.... My tier would probably be:

Veilspuns, Auraboas, Sandsurges
Dusthides, Aberrations, Aethers
Undertides, Banes, Gaolers

But I love all the ancients so far so this is more of a "were I to get another ancient dragon which of these breeds would I be more interested in picking up" rather than a "I like/hate this breed" kind of thing. Kinda burnt myself out on gaolers, and banes too- would like to see more options for banes. Undertides I love the hatchling poses but they don't sell particularly well so I'm not likely to get another... unless I want another jelly dragon. lol And I really really like M pose veils and picked up a handful this last trickmurk so I think I do clearly have a favorite of them even if I say I like them all.

This all could change with gene expansions though.
I'm more pose specific I think.... My tier would probably be:

Veilspuns, Auraboas, Sandsurges
Dusthides, Aberrations, Aethers
Undertides, Banes, Gaolers

But I love all the ancients so far so this is more of a "were I to get another ancient dragon which of these breeds would I be more interested in picking up" rather than a "I like/hate this breed" kind of thing. Kinda burnt myself out on gaolers, and banes too- would like to see more options for banes. Undertides I love the hatchling poses but they don't sell particularly well so I'm not likely to get another... unless I want another jelly dragon. lol And I really really like M pose veils and picked up a handful this last trickmurk so I think I do clearly have a favorite of them even if I say I like them all.

This all could change with gene expansions though.

Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
actuallyadinosaur a tiny doodle of a small goose like dinosaur with yellow beak white feathers and red eyes
Banescales for sure!! Sandsurges are up there as well, probably my second favorite, but Banescales are just so silly.
Aberrations are also really cool. Dusthides too.
Banescales for sure!! Sandsurges are up there as well, probably my second favorite, but Banescales are just so silly.
Aberrations are also really cool. Dusthides too.
:Mysterious Relief: item

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
Banescales. Undertides are second.
Banescales. Undertides are second.
QhgrQOdz_o.png
__ IMG-0872.png
bYt72YT.png
ke2VaLK.png
XmHV7tO.png
kHBaXec.png
_ ZwbGqUa.png
s7kOTpJ.gif
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
______________________ Z3dQSWk.png
It's so hard to pick just [i]one[/i], so here's my top three: [emoji=veilspun happy size=1] [b]Veilspuns[/b] - Okay, these are [i]probably[/i] my number one favorite, but the others are so close I have to include them anyway. Veils just fit everything I love in a creature design! I tend to gravitate towards slinky, elegant dragons, and what is a veil if not that? I love how their secondaries affect their manes, I love their buggy wings, I love their weird lizard/rabbit anatomy. I like both their adult poses, and it feels like every time I go to make a scry or buy a dragon off the AH, it always somehow ends up being a veilspun, even if that wasn't the original plan... [emoji=aberration happy size=1] [b]Aberrations[/b] - Aberrations have hands down my favorite hatchling pose. They are such feral little gremlins! I love their unique genes, and the F pose is one of the best on the entire site imo. They've got just the right amount of fluff to scale ratio, and I really enjoy how versatile they can be when it comes to scys! I don't think many aesthetics look out of place on Abbies. I just wish the M pose wasn't so stiff </3. [emoji=sandsurge laughing size=1] [b]Sandsurges[/b] - They are like little doggies to me. I really like their back sails, and I looove how sleek their design is, even with all the spikes! They've also got really good genes, a super cute hatchling pose, and are super versatile aesthetically. Maybe it's just the beard gene, but they also have a sort of ... wizard vibe to them (just another bonus imo lol).
It's so hard to pick just one, so here's my top three:

Veilspuns - Okay, these are probably my number one favorite, but the others are so close I have to include them anyway. Veils just fit everything I love in a creature design! I tend to gravitate towards slinky, elegant dragons, and what is a veil if not that? I love how their secondaries affect their manes, I love their buggy wings, I love their weird lizard/rabbit anatomy. I like both their adult poses, and it feels like every time I go to make a scry or buy a dragon off the AH, it always somehow ends up being a veilspun, even if that wasn't the original plan...

Aberrations - Aberrations have hands down my favorite hatchling pose. They are such feral little gremlins! I love their unique genes, and the F pose is one of the best on the entire site imo. They've got just the right amount of fluff to scale ratio, and I really enjoy how versatile they can be when it comes to scys! I don't think many aesthetics look out of place on Abbies. I just wish the M pose wasn't so stiff </3.

Sandsurges - They are like little doggies to me. I really like their back sails, and I looove how sleek their design is, even with all the spikes! They've also got really good genes, a super cute hatchling pose, and are super versatile aesthetically. Maybe it's just the beard gene, but they also have a sort of ... wizard vibe to them (just another bonus imo lol).
66ebd5828c248d4891fd877d9700b6655a26190e.png
Gaolers. They have cool horns and mane.

Aberations second, they look like they're up to something devious. Also, cool horns and mane.

You know what, I'm adding a third, auraboas! For three sets of wings and a cool crest!
Gaolers. They have cool horns and mane.

Aberations second, they look like they're up to something devious. Also, cool horns and mane.

You know what, I'm adding a third, auraboas! For three sets of wings and a cool crest!
FObX7rS.png
Undertides, Gaolers, Dusthides
Undertides, Gaolers, Dusthides
tumblr-a5b4f7cb3cc3a5587053fa38e9f37373-c86c5593-100.pngtumblr-a5b4f7cb3cc3a5587053fa38e9f37373-c86c5593-100.pngtumblr-a5b4f7cb3cc3a5587053fa38e9f37373-c86c5593-100.pngtumblr-a5b4f7cb3cc3a5587053fa38e9f37373-c86c5593-100.pngtumblr-a5b4f7cb3cc3a5587053fa38e9f37373-c86c5593-100.png