Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
almost never. i sometimes will gene new breeders if i want a pair with a specific look, but i think i've only ever put scrolls on 4 non-g1 dragons.
almost never. i sometimes will gene new breeders if i want a pair with a specific look, but i think i've only ever put scrolls on 4 non-g1 dragons.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
The only g2+ I have and have gened is an Ignis x Naomi lineage imp.
I… gave him stained and sarcophagus
The only g2+ I have and have gened is an Ignis x Naomi lineage imp.
I… gave him stained and sarcophagus
X5sBV.gif
Yes! I love doubles, subspecies with very specific colouration(Silkspun, for example), dragons with a dark prim and a lighter secondary - Dusthides show off the effect the best - and dragons that look like cracked/chipped statues and/or geodes.

Finding g2+ with these looks is difficult enough.
Yes! I love doubles, subspecies with very specific colouration(Silkspun, for example), dragons with a dark prim and a lighter secondary - Dusthides show off the effect the best - and dragons that look like cracked/chipped statues and/or geodes.

Finding g2+ with these looks is difficult enough.
3bEOp4c.png ebvHLqD.png Lseu1vC.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
Yessss :3 I gene all my dragons. Most of my dragons are oldies that I like to revitalize with new genes and breed scrolls
Yessss :3 I gene all my dragons. Most of my dragons are oldies that I like to revitalize with new genes and breed scrolls
097fe9bb15c36a1f4509e52d9751380acc01514f.gif
I did in the past. When I was first starting out back in 2016 I got an exalt rescue dragon with an absolutely atrocious gene color combo. Since the dragon was "free to a non-exalt lair" I got really attached to the idea that I couldn't exalt them, so, I ended instead paying like 1kg to regene a very mediocre looking dragon. I do still have her though, and she's one of my level 25s now, so I guess it worked out alright (and her colors really aren't that bad, they're just not all that stunning)

Other then that, I regened a gen2 when Goalars were first released, and then I'll also occasionally regene a gen2 when I have a specific character project (so usually like, fandragons)
I did in the past. When I was first starting out back in 2016 I got an exalt rescue dragon with an absolutely atrocious gene color combo. Since the dragon was "free to a non-exalt lair" I got really attached to the idea that I couldn't exalt them, so, I ended instead paying like 1kg to regene a very mediocre looking dragon. I do still have her though, and she's one of my level 25s now, so I guess it worked out alright (and her colors really aren't that bad, they're just not all that stunning)

Other then that, I regened a gen2 when Goalars were first released, and then I'll also occasionally regene a gen2 when I have a specific character project (so usually like, fandragons)
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
Before, yes! I’ve moved accounts since then, but I was a pretty rampant fandragon obsessed maniac and would find the most obscure references to dragon-ify. Was always super fun.

Other than that, I don’t think I gene non g1s. I’d probably do that in the future, when I find a suitable color combo though.
Before, yes! I’ve moved accounts since then, but I was a pretty rampant fandragon obsessed maniac and would find the most obscure references to dragon-ify. Was always super fun.

Other than that, I don’t think I gene non g1s. I’d probably do that in the future, when I find a suitable color combo though.
Oh yeah. It's fun. Especially with Primal eye dragons, I grab those if I see them on the scrap pile. I can always do SOMETHING with them.
Oh yeah. It's fun. Especially with Primal eye dragons, I grab those if I see them on the scrap pile. I can always do SOMETHING with them.
yeah absolutely! i remember the first time i wanted to regene a gem gene dragon i was hesitant/guilty about it, but after committing i realized it wasn’t so bad + i doubt anyone would really care haha.

these days, i go for certain specific/rare color combos, prefering G1s but having no problems just grabbing a suitable G2+ and regening them! i have specific visions for all my dergs, so i even have a recently acquired G2+ pair with gem gene terts that i am actually considering spending money just to switch who has which tert because i think it looks better for them!
yeah absolutely! i remember the first time i wanted to regene a gem gene dragon i was hesitant/guilty about it, but after committing i realized it wasn’t so bad + i doubt anyone would really care haha.

these days, i go for certain specific/rare color combos, prefering G1s but having no problems just grabbing a suitable G2+ and regening them! i have specific visions for all my dergs, so i even have a recently acquired G2+ pair with gem gene terts that i am actually considering spending money just to switch who has which tert because i think it looks better for them!
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| i hope you have a good day!
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
[color=440272]Sometimes, mostly if they're the result of breeding project that would increase in time considerably if I tried breeding for every gene Example, I recently applied a Ripple and Bee scroll to this dragon, he had the right colours and tertiary, and their were very few close range dragons with correct genes to breed him with, so I just decided to eat the cost of the scrolls and end the project with him [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93968312][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/939684/93968312_350.png[/img][/url]
Sometimes, mostly if they're the result of breeding project that would increase in time considerably if I tried breeding for every gene

Example, I recently applied a Ripple and Bee scroll to this dragon, he had the right colours and tertiary, and their were very few close range dragons with correct genes to breed him with, so I just decided to eat the cost of the scrolls and end the project with him
93968312_350.png
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Oh, certainly. While I've got my little collection of G1s, I sometimes scry up a project where it is simply [i]very unlikely[/i] I'd be able to find a G1 in the correct colors, [i]let alone afford it.[/i] As special as G1s feel, all of my G2+ dragons I've put effort and gems into geneing, writing lore, making art, etc., still feel special to me [i]because[/i] I put the time and effort into them. They make me happy, and that's all that really matters. My most recent G2+ regeneing project is also my only permababy, Stellaris. This little guy went through a breed change, full regeneing, and a scroll of eternal youth. And, well... just look at 'em. I feel like it was well worth all the currency spent, and it's not like I was ever going to find a flaxen/buttercup xyx. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92745065][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/927451/92745065_350.png[/img][/url] I also still have a few dragons that were among the very first handful I bought when I started playing FR -- sure, they're no rare G1, but they're still important to me, and taking the time to regene them into something more to my current aesthetic tastes feels good, like they've grown along with me. I like seeing the potential in a G2+ and breathing new life into them.
Oh, certainly. While I've got my little collection of G1s, I sometimes scry up a project where it is simply very unlikely I'd be able to find a G1 in the correct colors, let alone afford it. As special as G1s feel, all of my G2+ dragons I've put effort and gems into geneing, writing lore, making art, etc., still feel special to me because I put the time and effort into them. They make me happy, and that's all that really matters. My most recent G2+ regeneing project is also my only permababy, Stellaris. This little guy went through a breed change, full regeneing, and a scroll of eternal youth. And, well... just look at 'em. I feel like it was well worth all the currency spent, and it's not like I was ever going to find a flaxen/buttercup xyx.
92745065_350.png

I also still have a few dragons that were among the very first handful I bought when I started playing FR -- sure, they're no rare G1, but they're still important to me, and taking the time to regene them into something more to my current aesthetic tastes feels good, like they've grown along with me. I like seeing the potential in a G2+ and breathing new life into them.
66ebd5828c248d4891fd877d9700b6655a26190e.png