Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
sometimes.
the only coatl scroll i ever used was on a non g1
sometimes.
the only coatl scroll i ever used was on a non g1

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
I sure do! Usually, it’s either to make a fandragon of an OC, or to make a pretty fodder breeding pair. I do have my share of G1s, but they’re not super special to me. Part of that is probably thanks to my love for male imps, lol.
I sure do! Usually, it’s either to make a fandragon of an OC, or to make a pretty fodder breeding pair. I do have my share of G1s, but they’re not super special to me. Part of that is probably thanks to my love for male imps, lol.
[quote]Do you gene dragons that aren't gen1s?[/quote] *stares at giant pile of project dragons* Yes [quote]Especially gem gene dragons. [/quote] Yes, but usually I try to breed for gem gene/breeds if I can manage it. [quote]If so is it for personal dragon appeal reasons or hatchery reasons? [/quote] Personal appeal and subspecies (which have personal appeal).
Quote:
Do you gene dragons that aren't gen1s?
*stares at giant pile of project dragons* Yes
Quote:
Especially gem gene dragons.
Yes, but usually I try to breed for gem gene/breeds if I can manage it.
Quote:
If so is it for personal dragon appeal reasons or hatchery reasons?
Personal appeal and subspecies (which have personal appeal).
cDDSaqc.png
Yes, a lot of my founder dragons were triple Basic, for Reasons, so their descendants are scant on non-Basic genes as well. So in recent years, I've started adding genes to them so they have more interesting-looking hatchlings.
Yes, a lot of my founder dragons were triple Basic, for Reasons, so their descendants are scant on non-Basic genes as well. So in recent years, I've started adding genes to them so they have more interesting-looking hatchlings.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
only when i have no hope in hell of getting g1s of the colour scheme
only when i have no hope in hell of getting g1s of the colour scheme
Pgkz9Y7.png

he / him - +17 fr time - g1 collector
oh, i have no problem using scrolls on gen2+ dragons.

usually with my breeding projects, i'm focusing on colours to the exclusion of all else, because i'm after some very specific and (for the most part) very hard to come by colour combos. (one dragon i need, only two dragons ever have had those colours... and they're both exalted.) which means when i get the right colours, i then need to gene the hatchling up.

and unfortunately for my wallet, i do love those gem genes... the above project is going to take three gem genes, a vial of glowing sight, and an eternal youth scroll. (i'd breed the genes in, but given how hard finding any dragons to even start breeding with has been, i've decided to just spend the gems. i'd like to complete this project sometime before the heat death of the universe, thanks.)

oh, i have no problem using scrolls on gen2+ dragons.

usually with my breeding projects, i'm focusing on colours to the exclusion of all else, because i'm after some very specific and (for the most part) very hard to come by colour combos. (one dragon i need, only two dragons ever have had those colours... and they're both exalted.) which means when i get the right colours, i then need to gene the hatchling up.

and unfortunately for my wallet, i do love those gem genes... the above project is going to take three gem genes, a vial of glowing sight, and an eternal youth scroll. (i'd breed the genes in, but given how hard finding any dragons to even start breeding with has been, i've decided to just spend the gems. i'd like to complete this project sometime before the heat death of the universe, thanks.)

on occasion! i make fan/ocdragons sometimes - although i do prefer geneing g1s, sometimes im impatient and have the perfect fandragon scry that doesn’t have a good g1 for sale in range!!

I also have a handful of lore dragons whose kids become lore important too, but having the same genes over and over in my lair feels boring, so I’ll re-gene the kids.

By and large, I like g1 collecting tho! I get that ‘finished a project from scratch’ satisfaction from it for sure
on occasion! i make fan/ocdragons sometimes - although i do prefer geneing g1s, sometimes im impatient and have the perfect fandragon scry that doesn’t have a good g1 for sale in range!!

I also have a handful of lore dragons whose kids become lore important too, but having the same genes over and over in my lair feels boring, so I’ll re-gene the kids.

By and large, I like g1 collecting tho! I get that ‘finished a project from scratch’ satisfaction from it for sure
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
I will get both treasure and gem scrolls for breeding projects if I need to! I don't have a hatchery and I definitely don't have the patience to try and breed for every single correct gene on a project, gem gene or not, because it would take eons to find the dragons for that and then wait on the breeding cooldowns on top of it. I'd much rather just buy the scrolls, to get the project done in a fraction of the time, and I'm undoubtedly far from the only one who feels this way haha
I will get both treasure and gem scrolls for breeding projects if I need to! I don't have a hatchery and I definitely don't have the patience to try and breed for every single correct gene on a project, gem gene or not, because it would take eons to find the dragons for that and then wait on the breeding cooldowns on top of it. I'd much rather just buy the scrolls, to get the project done in a fraction of the time, and I'm undoubtedly far from the only one who feels this way haha
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
[center]I have breed changed, fully re-gened, and then kitted out exalt fodder with skins and apparel. At one point I also Coatl'd one of my progens, only to Spiral him later on. G1's hold no particular value to me, as a standalone factor. A good derg is a good derg, and I will happily gene them for personal enjoyment. This girl is actually one of them: Straight out of the Exalt tab, I threw Harlequin and Blaze on her because she's wild and I love her. [emoji=spiral laughing size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94110998][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/941110/94110998_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I have breed changed, fully re-gened, and then kitted out exalt fodder with skins and apparel. At one point I also Coatl'd one of my progens, only to Spiral him later on.

G1's hold no particular value to me, as a standalone factor. A good derg is a good derg, and I will happily gene them for personal enjoyment. This girl is actually one of them: Straight out of the Exalt tab, I threw Harlequin and Blaze on her because she's wild and I love her.

94110998_350.png
ytkEBod.png
fdUVIfW.png
gziv3Ja.png
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
UawspVz.png
My Accent/Skincent Shop and Pinglist:
Sometimes. I occasionally gene a dragon if they look good with the genes I'm not sure duper broke like I am 80% of my existence on this site

Other times I don't. I have a dragon I bought when I first started. He's basic/basic/capsule
Ik others probably would of immediately gotten gene ideas but I just can't. He means too much to me. I love him and he's perfect the way he is, I can't change my bog boy <3
Sometimes. I occasionally gene a dragon if they look good with the genes I'm not sure duper broke like I am 80% of my existence on this site

Other times I don't. I have a dragon I bought when I first started. He's basic/basic/capsule
Ik others probably would of immediately gotten gene ideas but I just can't. He means too much to me. I love him and he's perfect the way he is, I can't change my bog boy <3
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16