Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Putting Down Roots - a Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Oooooo, ominous....
Oooooo, ominous....
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][i]Chapter 53: Unappreciated Talent[/i][/b] [size=1] @Solaristigres @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Krowst @pinglist-1476[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=blacksand barnacles][item=ashscale ophiotaurus] [b]Sentence:[/b] Writing, New Dragon -----[/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93117723][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=93117723&skin=37093&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Petalpuff was pretty sure she could hear a melody. It sounded strange, a little haunting, and if it was music it was carrying implausibly far for how quiet it sounded. Which, of course, was why she was following it. Such a unique sound surely had a great singer behind it. It took a while for her to realize that she was getting a little lost. It was hard to be totally lost with the Behemoth towering to the north, but apart from that, Petalpuff did not know where she was. Whoever was singing was closer, though. Petalpuff found a perchable branch to rest on, get her bearings, and listen. Soon, once she'd figured out the rhythm a bit, she found herself humming along. Suddenly, there was a serpentine shape circling above her. An Undertide, she thought? She wasn't super familiar with the species in her landlocked clan, but had met a few- The singing stopped, and the Undertide dove, wrapping himself around a high nearby branch and staring at Petalpuff. His green and red scales were quite striking in the sun. “Was that you??” he demanded. Petalpuff tilted her head. “Was that [i]you[/i]?” she asked in return. “Singing that beautiful melody?” “You were humming along,” the Undertide pressed. “Do you know the music?” “Not before today,” Petalpuff replied, a little bemused. “I have an ear for good music. Sometimes I find myself following along once I figure out a melody.” “Oh.” The Undertide relaxed. “That's right, Banescales sing, too. That's what you are, right?” “I am. But more importantly, I'm a talent agent! I travel around Sornieth looking for dragons whose singing or songwriting talents have not yet been given the attention they deserve. You could become a star, crooning ballads that captivate a crowd!” The Undertide fidgeted, lowering his head a little. “I don't know about that. What you heard isn't mine to... to make money off of!” In all her time as an agent, Petalpuff still didn't really understand these noble starving artist types. “Nonsense! Music is a gift to be shared, and those who make music deserve to be provided for in return!” She caught a subtle look in his eyes and put on a gentle smile. “I'm sure your clan would agree.” The Undertide caught on to Petalpuff’s meaning and bristled. “You don't know us,” he spat. “We're- we're doing just fine for ourselves! The Gladekeeper provides all we need!” “What you need isn't all there is.” Petalpuff spread her wings to accent her point. “You could be a star, my serpentine friend! You could travel the world, be doted on at every stop. We could easily arrange for magical or physical aids so you could perform at inland stages and studios-” “I can move on land just fine, thanks. And I'm not interested in traveling. My Guardian wouldn't want me to anyway.” “Oh, you're a Charge!” Petalpuff stepped forward, slightly into where she thought the Undertide’s personal space might be. Sure enough, he pulled back slightly. “Why didn't you say so earlier! Your Guardian can come along, if they're willing, or we can just as easily work with you right here at home. Hey, sometimes mystery sells, right? With only recordings of your beautiful voice, the crowd’s imaginations can run wild...” “No.” The Undertide uncoiled and dropped through the canopy, out of sight. Petalpuff looked around where he had been. He clearly didn't want to use the potential she saw. That was fine. She'd convince him. -----
Chapter 53: Unappreciated Talent
@Solaristigres @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Krowst
@Roots Readers

Pull:
Blacksand Barnacles Ashscale Ophiotaurus
Sentence: Writing, New Dragon
dragon?did=93117723&skin=37093&apparel=&xt=dressing.png
Petalpuff was pretty sure she could hear a melody. It sounded strange, a little haunting, and if it was music it was carrying implausibly far for how quiet it sounded.

Which, of course, was why she was following it. Such a unique sound surely had a great singer behind it.

It took a while for her to realize that she was getting a little lost. It was hard to be totally lost with the Behemoth towering to the north, but apart from that, Petalpuff did not know where she was.

Whoever was singing was closer, though. Petalpuff found a perchable branch to rest on, get her bearings, and listen. Soon, once she'd figured out the rhythm a bit, she found herself humming along.

Suddenly, there was a serpentine shape circling above her. An Undertide, she thought? She wasn't super familiar with the species in her landlocked clan, but had met a few-

The singing stopped, and the Undertide dove, wrapping himself around a high nearby branch and staring at Petalpuff. His green and red scales were quite striking in the sun. “Was that you??” he demanded.

Petalpuff tilted her head. “Was that you?” she asked in return. “Singing that beautiful melody?”

“You were humming along,” the Undertide pressed. “Do you know the music?”

“Not before today,” Petalpuff replied, a little bemused. “I have an ear for good music. Sometimes I find myself following along once I figure out a melody.”

“Oh.” The Undertide relaxed. “That's right, Banescales sing, too. That's what you are, right?”

“I am. But more importantly, I'm a talent agent! I travel around Sornieth looking for dragons whose singing or songwriting talents have not yet been given the attention they deserve. You could become a star, crooning ballads that captivate a crowd!”

The Undertide fidgeted, lowering his head a little. “I don't know about that. What you heard isn't mine to... to make money off of!”

In all her time as an agent, Petalpuff still didn't really understand these noble starving artist types. “Nonsense! Music is a gift to be shared, and those who make music deserve to be provided for in return!” She caught a subtle look in his eyes and put on a gentle smile. “I'm sure your clan would agree.”

The Undertide caught on to Petalpuff’s meaning and bristled. “You don't know us,” he spat. “We're- we're doing just fine for ourselves! The Gladekeeper provides all we need!”

“What you need isn't all there is.” Petalpuff spread her wings to accent her point. “You could be a star, my serpentine friend! You could travel the world, be doted on at every stop. We could easily arrange for magical or physical aids so you could perform at inland stages and studios-”

“I can move on land just fine, thanks. And I'm not interested in traveling. My Guardian wouldn't want me to anyway.”

“Oh, you're a Charge!” Petalpuff stepped forward, slightly into where she thought the Undertide’s personal space might be. Sure enough, he pulled back slightly. “Why didn't you say so earlier! Your Guardian can come along, if they're willing, or we can just as easily work with you right here at home. Hey, sometimes mystery sells, right? With only recordings of your beautiful voice, the crowd’s imaginations can run wild...”

“No.” The Undertide uncoiled and dropped through the canopy, out of sight.

Petalpuff looked around where he had been. He clearly didn't want to use the potential she saw.

That was fine. She'd convince him.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Petalpuff is a very cute name
Petalpuff is a very cute name
Oooooo a talent agent, this will be interesting!
Oooooo a talent agent, this will be interesting!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][i]Chapter 54: Thorny Welcome[/i][/b] [size=1] @Solaristigres @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Krowst @pinglist-1476[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=venomspite invader][item=copper ore] [b]Sentence:[/b] Coli x 30-40, Writing -----[/center] Lulani was on her feet at the sound of screeching. The forest held all sorts of sounds, but this one was distinctly draconic. Aster joined her moments later, half-slithering and half-flying through low-hanging branches as Lulani ran beneath. “What's wrong? Is someone you know in danger?” “I don't think it's anyone we know, but yes,” Lulani panted. The sound she'd heard had stopped, and she focused harder on her direction to find its source. Both dragons stopped abruptly at the sight of movement ahead. Lulani crept forward. A bright pink and red Banescale was frozen in a defensive stance, green wings flared and fully displaying large eye spots to... an equally defensive aurelian porcupine. Slivers of green - the spines the porcupines normally kept obscured by their leaves - poked out between the Banescale’s scales in a few places, concentrated on her face. Lulani giggled. She couldn't help it. The porcupine startled and waddled off as quickly as it could. The Banescale relaxed, but only slightly, as the adrenaline of the moment was replaced by embarrassment. Aster looped his tail around a branch, dangled his upper half down, and delicately started plucking spines from the Banescale's face. She flinched, but let him do it. “...Thanks.” “We should get those looked at,” Lulani suggested. “You don't want them to get infected. And, no offense, but... you really don't seem like you could make it very far on your own out here. What are you doing this far north, anyway?” The Banescale tilted her head, sizing up Lulani. Her purple eyes narrowed in consideration. She smiled. “Don't worry about my business here, it's not important. My name is Petalpuff, and I'll gladly go with you to your clan space to get fixed up. I may even find someone there who I need to talk to.” ----- hi I put myself into three writing events at once and school is still happening (getting close to finals) AND I'm dealing with getting affairs in order to move back home. So. I'd like to get an entry out for Greenskeeper and needed this to happen before then since it takes place like a couple days after the last entry, but we'll see how that goes lol
Chapter 54: Thorny Welcome
@Roots Readers

Pull:
Venomspite Invader Copper Ore
Sentence: Coli x 30-40, Writing
Lulani was on her feet at the sound of screeching. The forest held all sorts of sounds, but this one was distinctly draconic.

Aster joined her moments later, half-slithering and half-flying through low-hanging branches as Lulani ran beneath. “What's wrong? Is someone you know in danger?”

“I don't think it's anyone we know, but yes,” Lulani panted. The sound she'd heard had stopped, and she focused harder on her direction to find its source.

Both dragons stopped abruptly at the sight of movement ahead. Lulani crept forward.

A bright pink and red Banescale was frozen in a defensive stance, green wings flared and fully displaying large eye spots to... an equally defensive aurelian porcupine. Slivers of green - the spines the porcupines normally kept obscured by their leaves - poked out between the Banescale’s scales in a few places, concentrated on her face.

Lulani giggled. She couldn't help it. The porcupine startled and waddled off as quickly as it could. The Banescale relaxed, but only slightly, as the adrenaline of the moment was replaced by embarrassment.

Aster looped his tail around a branch, dangled his upper half down, and delicately started plucking spines from the Banescale's face. She flinched, but let him do it. “...Thanks.”

“We should get those looked at,” Lulani suggested. “You don't want them to get infected. And, no offense, but... you really don't seem like you could make it very far on your own out here. What are you doing this far north, anyway?”

The Banescale tilted her head, sizing up Lulani. Her purple eyes narrowed in consideration.

She smiled. “Don't worry about my business here, it's not important. My name is Petalpuff, and I'll gladly go with you to your clan space to get fixed up. I may even find someone there who I need to talk to.”

hi I put myself into three writing events at once and school is still happening (getting close to finals) AND I'm dealing with getting affairs in order to move back home. So. I'd like to get an entry out for Greenskeeper and needed this to happen before then since it takes place like a couple days after the last entry, but we'll see how that goes lol
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
More Petalpuff, yay!! Excited to see what else happens with her!
More Petalpuff, yay!! Excited to see what else happens with her!
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
Aw, that's a cute chapter!
Aw, that's a cute chapter!
[center][b][i]Chapter 55: Keeper of Greens[/i][/b] [size=1] @Solaristigres @Cow809 @Murvax @BarbaraFett @SakuraSundae @Krowst @pinglist-1476[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=wisp bug][item=chilled edamame][item=iron nugget] [b]Sentence:[/b] Coli x 30-50, Writing -----[/center] A steady stream of memories, knowledge, and questions Looped through Aster’s mind as he slept, curled up safely next to one of the great roots. Somewhere in the Loop must be more information on the once-abandoned Rootbed den, but everything ebbed and flowed equally. The Loop didn’t realize the importance of this task. They had forgotten- no, the Loop didn’t forget. But they hadn’t been paying attention to the Roots. The Canopy rustled in a breeze, to the north and far, far above. The Loop’s map of the place didn’t match up with what Aster had experienced - he thought. It was hard for him to tell, because many of the glimpses that went into the map were... strange. Visual, but not quite visual, heard but not quite heard, soft shapes and missing details, glimpses of texture and distance without context. He thought maybe the Starburrow had once been two spaces, divided by... what? And why? Petals and floating seeds drifted down, settling on his back and neck. It wasn’t that the Loop was overwhelming to Aster. He just couldn’t find what he [i]needed.[/i] Did the older Auraboa, the ones who lived their whole lives in the Loop, ever have this problem? Did they care? What was the point of keeping memories if no one could do anything with them? He frowned in his sleep, both in frustration and at a twinge of pain at the base of his wings and arms, but did not yet wake. For now, he could at least add his own experiences to the Loop, for all the good that would do. The elders may not recognize it as a state of change, but maybe other timebound Auraboa like himself would. And if not, well, he was still here, still trying. Even when wading through what the Loop offered felt like drowning in uselessness. He still cared, confound it! Runners twisted around each other and stretched outward, claiming, strengthening. The Loop delivered a sudden wave of emotion into Aster. It took him a moment to recognize it: interest, approval, gratitude. He knew, all at once, that this difficult work [i]was[/i] worth it, that this was one of the reasons that timebound Auraboa not only existed, but were necessary. The wave reaffirmed his belief that he was there for the good of the Behemoth, and all who called it shelter. That could only have come from one place, and it was well beyond the elders. Aster snapped awake, but rose to alertness slowly. The sun had not quite risen high enough to clear away the shadow of the roots. Something brushed against his wings and tugged at his skin as he shifted and brought his arms under him. That same something resisted the deep breath he took - but it moved with him, not suffocating, but comfortable. He shook himself, and woody vines clattered quietly against each other, scattering red petals from their already-blooming flowers. Aster ran his paw along one, tracing it back to where its base entered his skin near his shoulder. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=33&bodygene=0&breed=24&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=169&tertgene=308&winggene=0&wings=3&auth=ddeaa2bbe70efa8e4d5f4c53e18fb2bb86ea4d56&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The vines wrapped gently across his wings, but were flexible enough to move with him as much as he needed them to. They grew [i]from him,[/i] and were his to cherish. Now he knew for sure that his quest to learn what had happened here was worthwhile. After all, the Gladekeeper herself had just told him so.
Chapter 55: Keeper of Greens
@Roots Readers

Pull:
Wisp Bug Chilled Edamame Iron Nugget
Sentence: Coli x 30-50, Writing
A steady stream of memories, knowledge, and questions Looped through Aster’s mind as he slept, curled up safely next to one of the great roots. Somewhere in the Loop must be more information on the once-abandoned Rootbed den, but everything ebbed and flowed equally. The Loop didn’t realize the importance of this task. They had forgotten- no, the Loop didn’t forget. But they hadn’t been paying attention to the Roots.

The Canopy rustled in a breeze, to the north and far, far above.

The Loop’s map of the place didn’t match up with what Aster had experienced - he thought. It was hard for him to tell, because many of the glimpses that went into the map were... strange. Visual, but not quite visual, heard but not quite heard, soft shapes and missing details, glimpses of texture and distance without context. He thought maybe the Starburrow had once been two spaces, divided by... what? And why?

Petals and floating seeds drifted down, settling on his back and neck.

It wasn’t that the Loop was overwhelming to Aster. He just couldn’t find what he needed. Did the older Auraboa, the ones who lived their whole lives in the Loop, ever have this problem? Did they care? What was the point of keeping memories if no one could do anything with them?

He frowned in his sleep, both in frustration and at a twinge of pain at the base of his wings and arms, but did not yet wake.

For now, he could at least add his own experiences to the Loop, for all the good that would do. The elders may not recognize it as a state of change, but maybe other timebound Auraboa like himself would. And if not, well, he was still here, still trying. Even when wading through what the Loop offered felt like drowning in uselessness. He still cared, confound it!

Runners twisted around each other and stretched outward, claiming, strengthening.

The Loop delivered a sudden wave of emotion into Aster. It took him a moment to recognize it: interest, approval, gratitude. He knew, all at once, that this difficult work was worth it, that this was one of the reasons that timebound Auraboa not only existed, but were necessary. The wave reaffirmed his belief that he was there for the good of the Behemoth, and all who called it shelter.

That could only have come from one place, and it was well beyond the elders.

Aster snapped awake, but rose to alertness slowly. The sun had not quite risen high enough to clear away the shadow of the roots. Something brushed against his wings and tugged at his skin as he shifted and brought his arms under him. That same something resisted the deep breath he took - but it moved with him, not suffocating, but comfortable.

He shook himself, and woody vines clattered quietly against each other, scattering red petals from their already-blooming flowers. Aster ran his paw along one, tracing it back to where its base entered his skin near his shoulder.

dragon?age=1&body=33&bodygene=0&breed=24&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=169&tertgene=308&winggene=0&wings=3&auth=ddeaa2bbe70efa8e4d5f4c53e18fb2bb86ea4d56&dummyext=prev.png

The vines wrapped gently across his wings, but were flexible enough to move with him as much as he needed them to. They grew from him, and were his to cherish.

Now he knew for sure that his quest to learn what had happened here was worthwhile. After all, the Gladekeeper herself had just told him so.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Aster looks so nice with the Greenskeeper gene oh my god!!!
Aster looks so nice with the Greenskeeper gene oh my god!!!
WOW this was beautiful!! You described the experience of the loop in such a realistic way; I can understand myself a little of what Aster felt like! It may seem silly, but that ever-shifting confusion and overwhelming sensation of uselessness is something I often feel when I don't understand something in a class ^^' Truly a magnificent job! And greenskeeper looks stunning on him!!

Also I'm not sure if I should ask this as courtesy or otherwise, but could I be added to your pinglist? I love your style of writing!
WOW this was beautiful!! You described the experience of the loop in such a realistic way; I can understand myself a little of what Aster felt like! It may seem silly, but that ever-shifting confusion and overwhelming sensation of uselessness is something I often feel when I don't understand something in a class ^^' Truly a magnificent job! And greenskeeper looks stunning on him!!

Also I'm not sure if I should ask this as courtesy or otherwise, but could I be added to your pinglist? I love your style of writing!
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22