Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Feeling Lost in the Game
I took a LONG hiatus and now I keep trying to get back into it but I feel like in order to do that I'd need to completely rebrand and purge and almost start over. ;-; Maybe even join a new flight. But I've worked SO hard to get to where I am with my lore and dragons it feels like it'd be heartbreaking to lose them, but I just don't have interest in developing this clan any further. Has anyone experienced something similar? What did you do about it?
I took a LONG hiatus and now I keep trying to get back into it but I feel like in order to do that I'd need to completely rebrand and purge and almost start over. ;-; Maybe even join a new flight. But I've worked SO hard to get to where I am with my lore and dragons it feels like it'd be heartbreaking to lose them, but I just don't have interest in developing this clan any further. Has anyone experienced something similar? What did you do about it?

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
I left FR twice until Aethers came out. As much as I like Flight Rising as a game, nothing made me happy and motivated like Aethers do. If you don't have such a breed, perhaps you can check back occasionally to consider the newest breed.
I left FR twice until Aethers came out. As much as I like Flight Rising as a game, nothing made me happy and motivated like Aethers do. If you don't have such a breed, perhaps you can check back occasionally to consider the newest breed.
How much space do you have in your hibden? You could always move your current clan there so that their lore and characters are safely 'archived,' giving you the clean space to start anew in your lair!
How much space do you have in your hibden? You could always move your current clan there so that their lore and characters are safely 'archived,' giving you the clean space to start anew in your lair!
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
Honestly if you're feeling like you want a fresh start but don't want to lose your dragons - you can always work towards unlocking your Hib Den if you haven't already and place ones you absolutely want to keep in there for storage :)

Thats best of both worlds - you can start fresh with your main lair, but also not lose what you worked hard for ^^
Honestly if you're feeling like you want a fresh start but don't want to lose your dragons - you can always work towards unlocking your Hib Den if you haven't already and place ones you absolutely want to keep in there for storage :)

Thats best of both worlds - you can start fresh with your main lair, but also not lose what you worked hard for ^^
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
I always switch flights when its feeling stale; always helps me revamp my lore

Join the discord, get involved in your flights dom teams, start a hatchery theres always something to do!
I always switch flights when its feeling stale; always helps me revamp my lore

Join the discord, get involved in your flights dom teams, start a hatchery theres always something to do!

When I lost interest in developing my original lore clan, I stuck them all in the den, changed flights, and picked up a couple of G1s to serve as new progens. Building the new clan has been a blast! Sometimes I want to purge the old clan to make more room, but I'm just too attached to them. I could put their lore and images of them into a Word or Google Docs file (and I've actually stashed a few that I was less attached to into a "clan roster" bio), but there's something about having the dragon--it doesn't feel the same to me.

When I lost interest in developing my original lore clan, I stuck them all in the den, changed flights, and picked up a couple of G1s to serve as new progens. Building the new clan has been a blast! Sometimes I want to purge the old clan to make more room, but I'm just too attached to them. I could put their lore and images of them into a Word or Google Docs file (and I've actually stashed a few that I was less attached to into a "clan roster" bio), but there's something about having the dragon--it doesn't feel the same to me.
MmSftql.png
I felt the same way shortly after I joined. I got super overwhelmed and couldn't handle the work I had laid out for myself. So to cope, I completely redid my lair! I reworked the lore of my lair. Any dragons I wanted to keep I shifted their lore to work with my new lair and I moved others to my hib den. It's made me so much happier and I'm so much more committed to doing stuff. You could also check out the challenges forum to find a new goal to work to until you settle back in.
I felt the same way shortly after I joined. I got super overwhelmed and couldn't handle the work I had laid out for myself. So to cope, I completely redid my lair! I reworked the lore of my lair. Any dragons I wanted to keep I shifted their lore to work with my new lair and I moved others to my hib den. It's made me so much happier and I'm so much more committed to doing stuff. You could also check out the challenges forum to find a new goal to work to until you settle back in.
dlJsEIj.png 2MFinXj.png
WFpPzZn.png
4SVfFPD.png
dgZqX5Q.png
woVoZAh.png
J7D1quC.png
take everything one step at a time.
while its important for some to have a defined list of things they want,
sometimes you need a moment (or a while) to just... soak everything up?

i liked looking at other people's clans and finding out how to get there to learn what i actually wanted. it helped a lot, honestly.

i dont remember much about my old clan. i gave myself a rule of, "if i don't think about this dragon when I'm offline, I probably don't need it/I can let go of it."

while sometimes seller's regret is a thing, learning to let go is important too. I know I chipped away at my old clan that I had since 2016-2018, and while it was fun having these dragons, and sometimes i miss them, i don't regret purging my old lore. i had to purge it all moving from shadow to earth.

honestly your lore looks really good, is there a specific reason you no longer connect to it? @happyaccidents
take everything one step at a time.
while its important for some to have a defined list of things they want,
sometimes you need a moment (or a while) to just... soak everything up?

i liked looking at other people's clans and finding out how to get there to learn what i actually wanted. it helped a lot, honestly.

i dont remember much about my old clan. i gave myself a rule of, "if i don't think about this dragon when I'm offline, I probably don't need it/I can let go of it."

while sometimes seller's regret is a thing, learning to let go is important too. I know I chipped away at my old clan that I had since 2016-2018, and while it was fun having these dragons, and sometimes i miss them, i don't regret purging my old lore. i had to purge it all moving from shadow to earth.

honestly your lore looks really good, is there a specific reason you no longer connect to it? @happyaccidents
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • i'm actually the prettiest yiny princess
@kiln

Thanks! Really, it's just one of those things where I put so much work into it that I eventually just lost interest. But because of how much work I did, I'd hate to just get rid of it.
@kiln

Thanks! Really, it's just one of those things where I put so much work into it that I eventually just lost interest. But because of how much work I did, I'd hate to just get rid of it.

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
i've recently (a bit over a month ago) returned to play the game again regularly after a long hiatus and found that the older lore i had wasn't very comfortable for me anymore, and I ended up scrapping it.

i didn't really scrap the dragons though, mostly because of my memories with them, pixelated little things they are. i ended up repurposing them for new lore and archived the old lore in a google doc or something, and ended up deleting the old doc when i was comfortable with the new stuff (it's not great, but hey, maybe you'll end up liking the new lore you made more, and the old lore will still be there for you).

depending on your budget, you might be able to try out the trick with marva's invisibility cloak where you use the cloak and enchanted book collection apparel to make it look like a dragon is just a bunch of floating books, name it OldLore, and then stick it in the hibden with all of your old lore (do be careful that the character limit for dragon bios is 65535 characters).

(ah jeez, i need to stop posting at midnight, it's a mess lol)
i've recently (a bit over a month ago) returned to play the game again regularly after a long hiatus and found that the older lore i had wasn't very comfortable for me anymore, and I ended up scrapping it.

i didn't really scrap the dragons though, mostly because of my memories with them, pixelated little things they are. i ended up repurposing them for new lore and archived the old lore in a google doc or something, and ended up deleting the old doc when i was comfortable with the new stuff (it's not great, but hey, maybe you'll end up liking the new lore you made more, and the old lore will still be there for you).

depending on your budget, you might be able to try out the trick with marva's invisibility cloak where you use the cloak and enchanted book collection apparel to make it look like a dragon is just a bunch of floating books, name it OldLore, and then stick it in the hibden with all of your old lore (do be careful that the character limit for dragon bios is 65535 characters).

(ah jeez, i need to stop posting at midnight, it's a mess lol)
"We may have taken a piece of the Hoverview Vale since I cannot seem to put it back in its original position. I'm sorry if this causes any distress."

- Sylphaeri
6216044p.png