Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Button eyes aren’t buttoning?
1 2
So, I am aware of a bug/oversight with button eyes on Aberrations, where their third eyes would be completely blacked out. I decided to check on my button-eyed Abe girl to see if they ever fixed it….and they did? Technically? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57565600][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/575657/57565600_350.png[/img][/url] (Hatchling scry so you can see it easier) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=16&bodygene=107&breed=20&element=1&eyetype=14&gender=1&tert=161&tertgene=86&winggene=107&wings=85&auth=d91f93353fe2e68d8b506f23165d13172a60ce2a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] They just…gave them a normal eye. I expected them to make the middle eye a button, too. Wonder why they didn’t do that? [emoji=aberration confused size=1]
So, I am aware of a bug/oversight with button eyes on Aberrations, where their third eyes would be completely blacked out. I decided to check on my button-eyed Abe girl to see if they ever fixed it….and they did? Technically?

57565600_350.png

(Hatchling scry so you can see it easier)

dragon?age=0&body=16&bodygene=107&breed=20&element=1&eyetype=14&gender=1&tert=161&tertgene=86&winggene=107&wings=85&auth=d91f93353fe2e68d8b506f23165d13172a60ce2a&dummyext=prev.png

They just…gave them a normal eye. I expected them to make the middle eye a button, too. Wonder why they didn’t do that?
23998.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDrako
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+4 FR
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Fan

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPFP Dragon
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSkins/Accents
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
7PxzYVb.png YzDUQXb.png vonVRKR.png
It seems like a sizing issue since the buttons are big but that's because the perspective on them is apparently really weird so . womp womp
kinda wish they did a button that's another shape at least
It seems like a sizing issue since the buttons are big but that's because the perspective on them is apparently really weird so . womp womp
kinda wish they did a button that's another shape at least
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
I do wish Abbies had ALL their eyes turned to buttons as well, but my guess is that it just wouldn't look that great. Their eyes are placed in such a way that "buttoning" that third eye would cause the buttons to clip into each other and make an ugly, overlapping mess.

This leaves room for fun speculation and theories at least. What if that third Aberration eye isn't a true "eye?"
I do wish Abbies had ALL their eyes turned to buttons as well, but my guess is that it just wouldn't look that great. Their eyes are placed in such a way that "buttoning" that third eye would cause the buttons to clip into each other and make an ugly, overlapping mess.

This leaves room for fun speculation and theories at least. What if that third Aberration eye isn't a true "eye?"
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
Yeah I agree I actually have thought the same thing; did they not think about the Abby eyes?? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94082269][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/940823/94082269_350.png[/img][/url] I head canon that my plushie seems to have another living creature inside
Yeah I agree I actually have thought the same thing; did they not think about the Abby eyes??

94082269_350.png

I head canon that my plushie seems to have another living creature inside
I like to think it's a colored googly eye for the 'arts and crafts' theme of the button eye...
I like to think it's a colored googly eye for the 'arts and crafts' theme of the button eye...
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
the buttons have been unbuttoned
the buttons have been unbuttoned
NcRl9aq.png
I DO NOT LIKE THIS. PUT IT BACK.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS. PUT IT BACK.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • Nothing's new nothing's new...
I like to imagine it's a bead and the pupil is the hole - they're flat looking enough (no distinct iris or eye whites) that it's not hard to picture it as an object instead of an actual eye, at least for me.
I like to imagine it's a bead and the pupil is the hole - they're flat looking enough (no distinct iris or eye whites) that it's not hard to picture it as an object instead of an actual eye, at least for me.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
It would not have been that much extra effort for them to draw a new button that'd fit over the third eye...disappointed by how button eyes were handled. Very rough art for something so long requested.
It would not have been that much extra effort for them to draw a new button that'd fit over the third eye...disappointed by how button eyes were handled. Very rough art for something so long requested.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
At least it matches the button color, right?
At least it matches the button color, right?
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)