Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you use canon sizes in your lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I love using cannon sizes. I think it makes interactions more interesting.

and as others said, I love vielspun sizes. Makes sense for them since theyre supposed to be "fairies"
I love using cannon sizes. I think it makes interactions more interesting.

and as others said, I love vielspun sizes. Makes sense for them since theyre supposed to be "fairies"
Accent shopCBsJXZk.gif Accent: Moonlight Halo Buy!
I used to only go by general vibes of the dragons - so an Imp wouldn't be impossibly large next to a fae, but Dusthides are keeping their sizes. Just little dudes
I used to only go by general vibes of the dragons - so an Imp wouldn't be impossibly large next to a fae, but Dusthides are keeping their sizes. Just little dudes
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
For the most part, no.
In my lore moderns tend to be sized a little more closely together, of course with still significant differences. All ancients, however, I oversize for dramatic flair <3
For the most part, no.
In my lore moderns tend to be sized a little more closely together, of course with still significant differences. All ancients, however, I oversize for dramatic flair <3
65d976aaca38aa0652d6a6bdf8831a59ecf03774.gif
I consider the general size of each breed as canon in my lore, some however I disregard completely, like my mutated imperial-sized veilspun lol [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79931822][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/799319/79931822_350.png[/img][/url]
I consider the general size of each breed as canon in my lore, some however I disregard completely, like my mutated imperial-sized veilspun lol

79931822_350.png
SIG-02.png
Sorta. I actually think of sizes as more like dog breeds; enough of a difference without it being next-to-impossible to imagine how a functional society with all of these dragons of different sizes would exist.
Sorta. I actually think of sizes as more like dog breeds; enough of a difference without it being next-to-impossible to imagine how a functional society with all of these dragons of different sizes would exist.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
@SPinosaurid
I totally agree! It gives opportunities for some hilarious and interesting interactions.

I imagine my dragons' society as very open-air, lots of canopies and big gazebos, counters and platforms at different heights, wide streets... Stuff like that. There's lots of vertical building space and its easy to get there (with flying), so it endw up just being a part of society. :)

There are also specific areas of my continent that certain breeds come from (though the busier areas are very integrated), so those are obviously more catered towards those breeds.

It's just so fascinating to think about! :D
@SPinosaurid
I totally agree! It gives opportunities for some hilarious and interesting interactions.

I imagine my dragons' society as very open-air, lots of canopies and big gazebos, counters and platforms at different heights, wide streets... Stuff like that. There's lots of vertical building space and its easy to get there (with flying), so it endw up just being a part of society. :)

There are also specific areas of my continent that certain breeds come from (though the busier areas are very integrated), so those are obviously more catered towards those breeds.

It's just so fascinating to think about! :D

Lucky | He/him
Check out Lucky Stones Hatchery &
the "A Sect Reborn" Kingdomlocke!
________ULP7eHd.png

LPPlB.gif6U9OZ.gifICFeG.gif5ArRF.gif
I mostly keep to cannon sizes,unless I imagine them lore wise as larger or smaller than normal for the breed. Zoeb is my largest cannon size dragon,at a gargantuan 64 meters long!
I mostly keep to cannon sizes,unless I imagine them lore wise as larger or smaller than normal for the breed. Zoeb is my largest cannon size dragon,at a gargantuan 64 meters long!
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg FcasiGk.png
I think canon sizes are funny, so I keep them. My dragons live in the ruins of a huge ancient temple, so there's plenty of room for everyone, even Imps.

I guess what helps is I imagine my lair to be unusual in allowing so many different breeds to live there. I think throughout most of Sornieth settlements are typically for one or two breeds native to that area, so they don't have to cater to a whole bunch of different sized people.
I think canon sizes are funny, so I keep them. My dragons live in the ruins of a huge ancient temple, so there's plenty of room for everyone, even Imps.

I guess what helps is I imagine my lair to be unusual in allowing so many different breeds to live there. I think throughout most of Sornieth settlements are typically for one or two breeds native to that area, so they don't have to cater to a whole bunch of different sized people.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I try and keep the lore sizes canon. It helps that my worldbuilding has a very loose, "vibes over logic" ethos. I had a gorgeous Dinotopia artbook when I was really young that depicted humans and dinos of all shapes and sizes living together in cities, and I think that's been the thing at the back of my mind whenever I worldbuild.

I'm also really happy to see others like depicting the Veilspun as tiny!
I try and keep the lore sizes canon. It helps that my worldbuilding has a very loose, "vibes over logic" ethos. I had a gorgeous Dinotopia artbook when I was really young that depicted humans and dinos of all shapes and sizes living together in cities, and I think that's been the thing at the back of my mind whenever I worldbuild.

I'm also really happy to see others like depicting the Veilspun as tiny!
No I mostly ignore them tbh
No I mostly ignore them tbh
1 2 3 4 5 6