Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Skins vs Accents
1 2 3
don't have a preference for either <3 I tend to not use full body skins unless I have an attachment to the dragon underneath but don't like their current appearance (examples: mercury and bunbun)
don't have a preference for either <3 I tend to not use full body skins unless I have an attachment to the dragon underneath but don't like their current appearance (examples: mercury and bunbun)
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
I was actually thinking about how the preferences seemed to have changed. Many of the older skins (festival, coli, marketplace and swap stand) have full coverage, but now I see very few of them. But maybe it was just the judges' preferences? Skins and accents have different uses, so it's hard to say which one I like better. Accents are for enhancing already beautiful dragons, skins are for salvaging the ugly ones. Sometimes I buy cheap dragons just to give them a pretty skin, usually I choose ones with primal eyes and/or colors that wouldn't be too much of a pain to breed with. Like this one: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92967015][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/929671/92967015_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I was actually thinking about how the preferences seemed to have changed. Many of the older skins (festival, coli, marketplace and swap stand) have full coverage, but now I see very few of them. But maybe it was just the judges' preferences?

Skins and accents have different uses, so it's hard to say which one I like better. Accents are for enhancing already beautiful dragons, skins are for salvaging the ugly ones. Sometimes I buy cheap dragons just to give them a pretty skin, usually I choose ones with primal eyes and/or colors that wouldn't be too much of a pain to breed with. Like this one:
92967015_350.png
ngipcID.png
When I joined, there were only skins ... nevertheless the only dragon of mine that wears one is one of my progens [img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2959326][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/29594/2959326_350.png[/img][/url][/img] I like accents the most, may be a nice skincent at most, that underlines the personality of the dragon (I am not a big friend of too much apparel also, I like to see a good part of the dragon, so I seldom put more than 3 or 4 apparel pieces on a dragon). A good example for that is Kohlenpott, who reminds me on a coal miner coming home from work in my home region, the Ruhrgebiet in the lower rhine area in Germany, where that has been a traditional work. [img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90264709][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/902648/90264709_350.png[/img][/url][/img] I also like funny accents (I own a Snowman one for a snapper) and espially those you remind me on animal like this one [img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38852917][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/388530/38852917_350.png[/img][/url][/img] I really have a soft spot for a fine accent - and I am looking forward to the upcoming hatchling accents :).
When I joined, there were only skins ... nevertheless the only dragon of mine that wears one is one of my progens

[img][/img]2959326_350.png

I like accents the most, may be a nice skincent at most, that underlines the personality of the dragon (I am not a big friend of too much apparel also, I like to see a good part of the dragon, so I seldom put more than 3 or 4 apparel pieces on a dragon). A good example for that is Kohlenpott, who reminds me on a coal miner coming home from work in my home region, the Ruhrgebiet in the lower rhine area in Germany, where that has been a traditional work.

[img][/img]90264709_350.png

I also like funny accents (I own a Snowman one for a snapper) and espially those you remind me on animal like this one

[img][/img]38852917_350.png

I really have a soft spot for a fine accent - and I am looking forward to the upcoming hatchling accents :).
I've been playing since 2015. I go through spurts of playing hard, then not touching FR for entire years, then coming back and playing hard, etc. I am attached to all of my older dragons as pretty much all of them have written lore for them. At the same time, 9 years later, some of my old dragons are just so ugly to me now. But sentimental. Instead of ditching them to Glademom, I just cover them up with full skins ^-^ It revitalizes my love for them. Same with important-to-me ID numbers that don ugly dragons - easier to cover them up.

I can't be bothered with scattering. Who has the time for that. Not me. XD

That said, on the daily I tend to use accents over skins. I find a lot more lore inspiration from accents than I typically do with full skins.
I've been playing since 2015. I go through spurts of playing hard, then not touching FR for entire years, then coming back and playing hard, etc. I am attached to all of my older dragons as pretty much all of them have written lore for them. At the same time, 9 years later, some of my old dragons are just so ugly to me now. But sentimental. Instead of ditching them to Glademom, I just cover them up with full skins ^-^ It revitalizes my love for them. Same with important-to-me ID numbers that don ugly dragons - easier to cover them up.

I can't be bothered with scattering. Who has the time for that. Not me. XD

That said, on the daily I tend to use accents over skins. I find a lot more lore inspiration from accents than I typically do with full skins.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

female · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
I only don't like full coverage skins. Everything else is fine with me but full-coverage skins are too much. I want the genes and colours to be visible. Skincents are completely fine.
I only don't like full coverage skins. Everything else is fine with me but full-coverage skins are too much. I want the genes and colours to be visible. Skincents are completely fine.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I honestly only like skins/accents if they cover the wings... As in, if I find a dragon that has really good primary/tertiary colors, but a terrible secondary, I can like a skin/accent that covers the wing to let me like the dragon despite the bad secondary.

I can't say I pay much attention to it being a skin or accent though. I just care about it covering a bad secondary.

I can't imagine using skins/accents for anything else though. I like seeing the genes shine on their own.
I honestly only like skins/accents if they cover the wings... As in, if I find a dragon that has really good primary/tertiary colors, but a terrible secondary, I can like a skin/accent that covers the wing to let me like the dragon despite the bad secondary.

I can't say I pay much attention to it being a skin or accent though. I just care about it covering a bad secondary.

I can't imagine using skins/accents for anything else though. I like seeing the genes shine on their own.
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
I like accents much better because I like the look of most of my dragons, so I like to show off what they look like. I have also been starting to make my own accents/skins, and accents are cheaper.. even though i tend to make skins on accident anyway.. I don't like full coverage skins.
I like accents much better because I like the look of most of my dragons, so I like to show off what they look like. I have also been starting to make my own accents/skins, and accents are cheaper.. even though i tend to make skins on accident anyway.. I don't like full coverage skins.
H9klr6C.pngheheh... birdie :D
No real preference for me. Both can be really cool!
No real preference for me. Both can be really cool!
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Much of the time, I prefer accents because I like to see the colors of the dragon. For the longest time I didn't want full-coverage skins at all. But I've yielded to a degree on that, because there are some full-coverage skins that are just too cool to pass up! I tend to put those either on dragons with an eye type that looks amazing (e.g. the Vehemental UMAs on Multi-gaze dragons) or a dragon I'm not sure about.
Much of the time, I prefer accents because I like to see the colors of the dragon. For the longest time I didn't want full-coverage skins at all. But I've yielded to a degree on that, because there are some full-coverage skins that are just too cool to pass up! I tend to put those either on dragons with an eye type that looks amazing (e.g. the Vehemental UMAs on Multi-gaze dragons) or a dragon I'm not sure about.
riVr93C.png
1 2 3