Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If you designed the next Dustcarve Dig..
1 2
...what would it be about? Recap for new folks, the 2021 anniversary event was [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/effort/1]Dustcarve Dig[/url][/b], a sitewide effort where we tried to satisfy the oil cravings of a nocturne named Velya. There was also a new modern breed or whatever. It was hype as hell, we got a bunch of new art and lore, all got to join together to speculate, Oblivion drew this, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3020667/1#post_3020667][img]https://i.ibb.co/0Vsvt9v/1880-E182-5-A16-4-A5-E-8-CB3-E1-F83-D6-B77-E4.gif[/img][/url] which is my everything, we got lost and found the spicy radiation rock maybe, [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/sitewide-effort/display-backgrounds/background-60b7fe050080e.png[/img] generally just a good time. Recap done. If you were in charge of organizing the next one, what would you make? Storyline, setting, ideas for a big prize at the end? You don't have to be serious about it if you don't want to. Hypothetically you have a huge chunk of the userbase doing your bidding, go for whatever.
...what would it be about?

Recap for new folks, the 2021 anniversary event was Dustcarve Dig, a sitewide effort where we tried to satisfy the oil cravings of a nocturne named Velya.

There was also a new modern breed or whatever.

It was hype as hell, we got a bunch of new art and lore, all got to join together to speculate, Oblivion drew this,

1880-E182-5-A16-4-A5-E-8-CB3-E1-F83-D6-B77-E4.gif

which is my everything, we got lost and found the spicy radiation rock maybe,

background-60b7fe050080e.png

generally just a good time.

Recap done. If you were in charge of organizing the next one, what would you make? Storyline, setting, ideas for a big prize at the end? You don't have to be serious about it if you don't want to. Hypothetically you have a huge chunk of the userbase doing your bidding, go for whatever.
cL9yafY.gif
It should be about finding the Tidelord. Having everyone pitch in to find the deity that's been missing for many years and then being rewarded with actually finding him in the end would be such a mood boost.
It should be about finding the Tidelord. Having everyone pitch in to find the deity that's been missing for many years and then being rewarded with actually finding him in the end would be such a mood boost.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
This. I honestly can't imagine anything that would be better, nor would I pick anything else.
This. I honestly can't imagine anything that would be better, nor would I pick anything else.
Seconding (thirding?) the tidelord idea
Seconding (thirding?) the tidelord idea
deepfriedhatsunemiku.jpg
I could see there being a Tidelord-themed expedition as well. That would be a good way to bring him back.

Maybe another Water breed could come with his return as well?
I could see there being a Tidelord-themed expedition as well. That would be a good way to bring him back.

Maybe another Water breed could come with his return as well?
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
isn't tidelord's return intended to be part of adventure mode?
but yes yes yes would be a great way to introduce another modern breed, or even adventure mode itself!
but yes yes yes would be a great way to introduce another modern breed, or even adventure mode itself!
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
[center][quote name="corndog" date="2024-05-08 20:17:57" ] isn't tidelord's return intended to be part of adventure mode? but yes yes yes would be a great way to introduce another modern breed, or even adventure mode itself! [/quote] Yest, that's exactly what I was thinking. A Dustcarve Dig type event that leads up to introducing Adventure Mode and also, Tidelord.[/center]
corndog wrote on 2024-05-08 20:17:57:

Yest, that's exactly what I was thinking. A Dustcarve Dig type event that leads up to introducing Adventure Mode and also, Tidelord.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I also think bringing tidelord back would be cool...

Alternatively... any amount of lore ;w;ww;;w
I also think bringing tidelord back would be cool...

Alternatively... any amount of lore ;w;ww;;w
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • Nothing's new nothing's new...
Omg dustcarve was lliterally the most fun ever. I would love another one, tidelord could be cool, or you could do something silly and casual, like an inter flight competition and the winner gets a new breed [emoji=auraboa winking size=2][emoji=auraboa tongue size=2]
Omg dustcarve was lliterally the most fun ever.

I would love another one, tidelord could be cool, or you could do something silly and casual, like an inter flight competition and the winner gets a new breed
I loved Dustcarve; I still have all of my cache rewards and a few of each of the turn-in items!

It would have to be a big deal for there to be another one, and Adventure Mode would be a great excuse! If Tidelord is still tied to it, then that would be a wonderful little cherry on top.
I loved Dustcarve; I still have all of my cache rewards and a few of each of the turn-in items!

It would have to be a big deal for there to be another one, and Adventure Mode would be a great excuse! If Tidelord is still tied to it, then that would be a wonderful little cherry on top.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
1 2