Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 ... 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 ... 1146 1147
hi could i please get some feedback? this is my 4th rejection :'( do my lines/shadows need to have a certain amount of black in them or can they just be a darker colour in contrast to the design? cuz i've used a lot of orange as shadows to contrast the original design which is white/pale yellow with lines and shadow: [img]https://i.imgur.com/CgRk85h.png[/img] without lines and shadow: [img]https://i.imgur.com/y15Omqn.png[/img]
hi could i please get some feedback? this is my 4th rejection :'(

do my lines/shadows need to have a certain amount of black in them or can they just be a darker colour in contrast to the design? cuz i've used a lot of orange as shadows to contrast the original design which is white/pale yellow

with lines and shadow:
CgRk85h.png

without lines and shadow:
y15Omqn.png
Ccnk6GC.gifS5BGfck.gifCSkG6yq.gifMMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gif
Just a quick question! I was wondering if skins/accents can cover/overlap the Pearlcatcher Hatchling's pearl? On the files they're on the same layer as the eyes, which usually the eyes lay on top of the skin, so I just wanted to clarify before moving forward! Thank you! ^^
Just a quick question! I was wondering if skins/accents can cover/overlap the Pearlcatcher Hatchling's pearl? On the files they're on the same layer as the eyes, which usually the eyes lay on top of the skin, so I just wanted to clarify before moving forward! Thank you! ^^
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
BF's Art Shop
__ LittleParade.gif _
@bmw The image and the name has been updated. Although this is not a current service the skin mod team provides, since there is very little backlog for the skin queue currently I can provide the courtesy of icon edits. I've uploaded an edit for the elegant sweetheart icon as it does not display the teddy bear. @WieWie The icon has been fixed. @tigraquinn Since the geometric shapes on the Epcot ball can't be copyrighted, this design is likely fine. @Mem The images have been updated. As for the dark outline, do you have the base dragon template turned off when you save out the design? What art program(s) are you using to resize your design? @Rohi The name has been fixed. @Nyanbinary The names have been updated. @SnekOnALantern The version @SuburbanSamurai gave you can be used when you resubmit. To get a blueprint refund, PM @SuburbanSamurai with the skin copy and he will send you the blueprint. @AftonRobotics The name has been updated. @frogletfern The name has been updated. @gutmouth Yes, just PM them to @SuburbanSamurai and he will give you a gem refund. @ahzidal The names have been updated. @Clavicado The lines do not have to have black in them but they do have to be dark enough to be clearly visible. The lineart layer in this version is still tinted a light color that makes it difficult to see. Here is an edit you can use to resubmit with that will be accepted. Alternatively, you can resubmit with your own similarly edited version. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/Clavicado2-ALT.png[/img] @LittleParade On site, the pearl and eyes are separate, so you can make skins that cover the pearl and these will be visible on the skin.
@bmw The image and the name has been updated. Although this is not a current service the skin mod team provides, since there is very little backlog for the skin queue currently I can provide the courtesy of icon edits. I've uploaded an edit for the elegant sweetheart icon as it does not display the teddy bear.

@WieWie The icon has been fixed.

@tigraquinn Since the geometric shapes on the Epcot ball can't be copyrighted, this design is likely fine.

@Mem The images have been updated. As for the dark outline, do you have the base dragon template turned off when you save out the design? What art program(s) are you using to resize your design?

@Rohi The name has been fixed.

@Nyanbinary The names have been updated.

@SnekOnALantern The version @SuburbanSamurai gave you can be used when you resubmit. To get a blueprint refund, PM @SuburbanSamurai with the skin copy and he will send you the blueprint.

@AftonRobotics The name has been updated.

@frogletfern The name has been updated.

@gutmouth Yes, just PM them to @SuburbanSamurai and he will give you a gem refund.

@ahzidal The names have been updated.

@Clavicado The lines do not have to have black in them but they do have to be dark enough to be clearly visible. The lineart layer in this version is still tinted a light color that makes it difficult to see. Here is an edit you can use to resubmit with that will be accepted. Alternatively, you can resubmit with your own similarly edited version.
Clavicado2-ALT.png

@LittleParade On site, the pearl and eyes are separate, so you can make skins that cover the pearl and these will be visible on the skin.
@SuburbanSamurai these are updated for #55893 and #55894 [img]https://i.imgur.com/wP8Msex.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bScuvhx.png[/img]
@SuburbanSamurai

these are updated for #55893 and #55894
wP8Msex.png
bScuvhx.png
[center][size=2]@madsniper , usually i create a mask using a selection of the template , such as this . [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/36/61/aP0FQYuX_o.png[/img] although i have also tried simply clipping a layer on top of the template , and found that there is still usually a thin outline on the edges that will show through unless i duplicate it a bunch to make the edges more opaque . those spiral accents were resized in photoshop CC 2018 , although i have also done the same thing in SAI 2.0 to the same effect . just to do a quick test , i simply filled the spiral template with white and changed the lines to blue , resized it to 300 x 300 and pasted it on top of a spiral downloaded from the site and this is what it looks like for me . [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/ae/ba/NkzWeHy5_o.png[/img] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/25/44/YicF4TVu_o.png[/img]
@madsniper , usually i create a mask using a selection of the template , such as this .

aP0FQYuX_o.png

although i have also tried simply clipping a layer on top of the template , and found that there is still usually a thin outline on the edges that will show through unless i duplicate it a bunch to make the edges more opaque .

those spiral accents were resized in photoshop CC 2018 , although i have also done the same thing in SAI 2.0 to the same effect .

just to do a quick test , i simply filled the spiral template with white and changed the lines to blue , resized it to 300 x 300 and pasted it on top of a spiral downloaded from the site and this is what it looks like for me .

NkzWeHy5_o.png
YicF4TVu_o.png
kxKb5baD_o.gif
mL4kJAC9_o.gif
MHs7fEzA_o.gif
Hello! I recently submitted this accent [skin=56606] but the art ended up slightly out of alignment with the dragon lines & shading. Could it please be updated with the image below? (Same skin shifted one pixel down.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/RraHGbb.png[/img] Thank you for the help!
Hello! I recently submitted this accent

but the art ended up slightly out of alignment with the dragon lines & shading. Could it please be updated with the image below? (Same skin shifted one pixel down.)

RraHGbb.png

Thank you for the help!
7kOUJ79.pngC4op4pY.png7kOUJ79.png
Hi! Could I get the name of this skin changed to 'COELACANTH SATURDAY!' please?
Hi! Could I get the name of this skin changed to 'COELACANTH SATURDAY!' please?
263.png · art shop
· accent shop
· fr +0
@naumachy The images have been updated.

@Mem The effect you're experiencing is completely normal. I did the same thing as you using Photoshop 2024, and got the exact same result. The cause for the darker border pixels is because when you layer two transparent PNG files of identical size on top of each other, as the FR site or any art program would normally do, the partially transparent pixels along the edge of those two files will end up darkening, and if the bottom image uses darker colors, then the pixels along the edge will be noticeably darker.
So, ultimately this is an issue that every skin artists accepts, the skin design itself should remain within the dragon illustration and should not go outside the edge of the silhouette. Other than designs that have significant portions of near white colors that bump against the edge of the dragon silhouette, this is generally not an issue, and for very light skin designs that do lighten the original lineart and shadow layers significantly, this is just an result that needs to be accepted.

@amapup The image has been updated.

@iconoclasm The name has been updated.
@naumachy The images have been updated.

@Mem The effect you're experiencing is completely normal. I did the same thing as you using Photoshop 2024, and got the exact same result. The cause for the darker border pixels is because when you layer two transparent PNG files of identical size on top of each other, as the FR site or any art program would normally do, the partially transparent pixels along the edge of those two files will end up darkening, and if the bottom image uses darker colors, then the pixels along the edge will be noticeably darker.
So, ultimately this is an issue that every skin artists accepts, the skin design itself should remain within the dragon illustration and should not go outside the edge of the silhouette. Other than designs that have significant portions of near white colors that bump against the edge of the dragon silhouette, this is generally not an issue, and for very light skin designs that do lighten the original lineart and shadow layers significantly, this is just an result that needs to be accepted.

@amapup The image has been updated.

@iconoclasm The name has been updated.
thank you , i did figure as much , i just thought i'd make sure there wasn't an obvious setting or method i was missing to have edges that layer over flight rising's art more cleanly .
thank you , i did figure as much , i just thought i'd make sure there wasn't an obvious setting or method i was missing to have edges that layer over flight rising's art more cleanly .
kxKb5baD_o.gif
mL4kJAC9_o.gif
MHs7fEzA_o.gif
hi skmods! thank you for processing my icon skin so quickly, but unfortunately i realized it has some cropping issues :'D can you guys update it to this image? it should be fixed w it! [img]https://i.imgur.com/wAErqtN.png[/img] thank you!!
hi skmods! thank you for processing my icon skin so quickly, but unfortunately i realized it has some cropping issues :'D can you guys update it to this image? it should be fixed w it!

wAErqtN.png

thank you!!
,_ 581f1a536d95feb66c70eb050919f73f0aa2f2dc.png __ al - he/it - fr+3
,look at them
,pwyw g1 sales!
,skin shop!
,wishlist/dream dergs!
__
1 2 ... 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 ... 1146 1147