Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which genes give you discomfort?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The only genes I really find discomforting is Crystal/Facet and Metallic/Alloy. I think for me this really just comes with the idea of something living looking like metal/being a part of metal. If you ever read Fahrenheit 451 with the dog-machine that is what I mean.

Capsule is another and that is cuz like, I really don't want to see what a dragon just ate yk??

Filigree is just plain weird to me. It looks like a metal plant is growing on them and nuh uh no thank you.
The only genes I really find discomforting is Crystal/Facet and Metallic/Alloy. I think for me this really just comes with the idea of something living looking like metal/being a part of metal. If you ever read Fahrenheit 451 with the dog-machine that is what I mean.

Capsule is another and that is cuz like, I really don't want to see what a dragon just ate yk??

Filigree is just plain weird to me. It looks like a metal plant is growing on them and nuh uh no thank you.
BJmjb0y.pngT45QsK.png T4G0l9.png
Hypnotic and Plague primal.
Hypnotic and Plague primal.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
plague primal
plague primal
Slowly coding, one [ at a time
Aether's Space gene. It fits the theming but their goofy little smiles doesn't make it any less uncomfortable. Gembond on the other hand is a close second to me mainly due to this entry, but besides that it really depends on the colour and the breed. [item=onyx cobra]
Aether's Space gene. It fits the theming but their goofy little smiles doesn't make it any less uncomfortable.
Gembond on the other hand is a close second to me mainly due to this entry, but besides that it really depends on the colour and the breed.

Onyx Cobra
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
I was not bothered by any genes for the longest time but with the auraboa release... Willow, somehow? I wonder if it bothers others.
I was not bothered by any genes for the longest time but with the auraboa release... Willow, somehow? I wonder if it bothers others.
space and keel. i love when the dragon is the insect but i loathe anything that looks like the dragon has parasites and space is like a giant worm parasite growing out of the dragons head lmao. keel looks like ticks most of the time. fangs i also dislike a lot.. its just gross and probably gives me the same parasite feel. gembond can also be eh. gnarlhorn claws also p bad. earth primal eyes can also be jhfj.
space and keel. i love when the dragon is the insect but i loathe anything that looks like the dragon has parasites and space is like a giant worm parasite growing out of the dragons head lmao. keel looks like ticks most of the time. fangs i also dislike a lot.. its just gross and probably gives me the same parasite feel. gembond can also be eh. gnarlhorn claws also p bad. earth primal eyes can also be jhfj.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
For me it’s angler(especially dusties)and button eyes. Coralline freaked me out,and it reminds me of it. Scuttle to a lesser extent(I fear centipedes)
For me it’s angler(especially dusties)and button eyes. Coralline freaked me out,and it reminds me of it. Scuttle to a lesser extent(I fear centipedes)
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg FcasiGk.png
Augh I was just about to make a post like this haha [b]Capsule.[/b] I can tolerate it for a bit but I just hate looking it at it, you can see through it so it makes the dragons neck look super skinny, or if you shook them up the liquid would just slosh around [emoji=banescale size=1] The dragon wouldnt be able to swallow properly, anything in their mouth would just immediately fall through into the capsule bit. Any prolonged exposure just makes me keck, I don't like it one bit, and I just can't wrap my head around why people like it. Guess the same could be said for someone else considering my like for keel.
Augh I was just about to make a post like this haha

Capsule. I can tolerate it for a bit but I just hate looking it at it, you can see through it so it makes the dragons neck look super skinny, or if you shook them up the liquid would just slosh around
The dragon wouldnt be able to swallow properly, anything in their mouth would just immediately fall through into the capsule bit.

Any prolonged exposure just makes me keck, I don't like it one bit, and I just can't wrap my head around why people like it. Guess the same could be said for someone else considering my like for keel.
PjqnTjr.png
5TTZpQC.png
pl8ZNiA.png
DJqXpM5.png
1NvphvS.png
jekDImz.png
55VgSbI.png
JvUa9ma.png
CLICK ME PLEASE
Not really. Sometimes Orb/Weaver is a little odd-looking to me, but I like how it looks at the same time; I tend to think it works best for deliberately creepy-looking dragons in particular.
Not really. Sometimes Orb/Weaver is a little odd-looking to me, but I like how it looks at the same time; I tend to think it works best for deliberately creepy-looking dragons in particular.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Give me visual problems:
Rosette (basically always), Jaguar (most of the time, but sometimes ok? I still don't scry with it), Hypnotic (on breeds like Fae/SD with the tiny squiggles- Coatl are fine, Tundra are ok), Octo/Rings (most of the time)

I don't vibe:
Plague Primal, Multigaze (this one is getting better over time), Scuttle, Carnivore, Stitch/Patch (it's not because of what it's depicting- and I have a dragon with it for lore- it just bothers me that the linework is way thinner than all the other genes), Space, Keel (most of the time- there are edge cases it's good, like the Minecraft diamond dergs or a sakura SD F)
Give me visual problems:
Rosette (basically always), Jaguar (most of the time, but sometimes ok? I still don't scry with it), Hypnotic (on breeds like Fae/SD with the tiny squiggles- Coatl are fine, Tundra are ok), Octo/Rings (most of the time)

I don't vibe:
Plague Primal, Multigaze (this one is getting better over time), Scuttle, Carnivore, Stitch/Patch (it's not because of what it's depicting- and I have a dragon with it for lore- it just bothers me that the linework is way thinner than all the other genes), Space, Keel (most of the time- there are edge cases it's good, like the Minecraft diamond dergs or a sakura SD F)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.