Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why... [database]
1 2 3
Why does the database include gene colors for apparel and skins and stuff? It seems a little pointless, to me. If anyone has a use for it, please do let me know.
Why does the database include gene colors for apparel and skins and stuff? It seems a little pointless, to me. If anyone has a use for it, please do let me know.
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
It's so you can sort for colors! ^^
4a2744d6b4934111e957b300f23248cda6829e55.png Feel free to ping me whenever!
Eosphoros collects likes!
Please be kind, and remember...
DRINK WATER
wwwwwwwwww 92n1dwB.png
G8AyR6r.png
WXBzxw1.gif
J7D1quC.png
Lost Crown
[quote name="CrumbledCandy" date="2024-05-07 13:34:37" ] It's so you can sort for colors! ^^ [/quote] I was wondering this too, but that makes sense!
CrumbledCandy wrote on 2024-05-07 13:34:37:
I was wondering this too, but that makes sense!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
It's not super accurate but sometimes if you know you want something in the purple range, you can click through several different purples and get different things. I find I have better luck if I pick something generic (blue, black, white) as opposed to trying to pick specific colors (gold, amethyst, periwinkle) - but if you're like me and have a mountain of apparel that you've just never sold, it makes sorting through it a little easier.
It's not super accurate but sometimes if you know you want something in the purple range, you can click through several different purples and get different things. I find I have better luck if I pick something generic (blue, black, white) as opposed to trying to pick specific colors (gold, amethyst, periwinkle) - but if you're like me and have a mountain of apparel that you've just never sold, it makes sorting through it a little easier.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I actually really like this feature. Makes making outfits a little bit easier (even though it’s not really that accurate)

I’d be disappointed if they got rid of it.
I actually really like this feature. Makes making outfits a little bit easier (even though it’s not really that accurate)

81779860_qSs7RrU9rSfl0Rc.png wind
she/her
please do not ping me in my own forums
[quote name="wnd" date="2024-05-07 13:51:00" ] I actually really like this feature. Makes making outfits a little bit easier (even though it’s not really that accurate) I’d be disappointed if they got rid of it. [/quote] actually, it's TOO accurate. nobody would argue that [item=red-winged owlcat] isn't red but it's so predominantly black and gray that the game database doesn't show ANY reds on its page.
wnd wrote on 2024-05-07 13:51:00:

actually, it's TOO accurate. nobody would argue that Red-Winged Owlcat isn't red but it's so predominantly black and gray that the game database doesn't show ANY reds on its page.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
personally it helps a lot with finding apparel for outfits! there are lots of stuff I don't even remember/know the name of, so I tend to search them by their colors. I can agree with it not being accurate sometimes (hate it when a color doesn't have any apparel at all </3), but other than that it's really useful!
personally it helps a lot with finding apparel for outfits! there are lots of stuff I don't even remember/know the name of, so I tend to search them by their colors. I can agree with it not being accurate sometimes (hate it when a color doesn't have any apparel at all </3), but other than that it's really useful!
sincerely, june (i use she/they pronouns!)it's a cow skating
I personally use this feature all the time!

I'm very picky when it comes to skins/accents and apparel matching a specific color when I'm making outfits for projects, and this has been very handy for that. It's much easier than browsing the AH for skins/accents for a good fit. I really appreciate the color drop down in the dressing room as well.

I would be really disappointed if this was removed.

EDIT: for grammar
I personally use this feature all the time!

I'm very picky when it comes to skins/accents and apparel matching a specific color when I'm making outfits for projects, and this has been very handy for that. It's much easier than browsing the AH for skins/accents for a good fit. I really appreciate the color drop down in the dressing room as well.

I would be really disappointed if this was removed.

EDIT: for grammar
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
I also use this feature all the time.
All my tabs use colors that fit with the dragons I have, and without the color search feature, there's just waaaaay too many items for me to look through. i feel like all my dragons are super specific, and I only work with a set range of colors.
I also use this feature all the time.
All my tabs use colors that fit with the dragons I have, and without the color search feature, there's just waaaaay too many items for me to look through. i feel like all my dragons are super specific, and I only work with a set range of colors.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist

[Sale] Gem Gened g1s for 900g
I find item images to put in dragon bios by the color sort!
I find item images to put in dragon bios by the color sort!
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
1 2 3